Molly Pitcher Inn Reviews

Molly Pitcher Inn 5
Molly Pitcher Inn 6
Molly Pitcher Inn 7

Emily · Married on 08/03/2013

The Molly Pitcher Inn made our dream reception a reality. The venue is breath-taking and kept in pristine condition. The patio was perfect for the cocktail hour and the ballroom was the perfect size for our 140 person wedding. The wait staff were courteous, enthusiastic and always there when you needed them. The cocktail room also serves as the bar area during the reception and I loved having that in a separate yet convenient location. We were able to place our photo booth in that room which was a nice surprise for guests. This is definitely an intimate venue and our guests loved the option of staying at the hotel. The rooms were gorgeous. Kelly in events was remarkable and made every detail perfect for us. There is a great park minutes down the road for pictures and the venue itself had tons of great spots for shots. Our guests raved about the lobster tail and filet mignon and the cocktail hour was like nothing I have ever seen/been to before! The price is so worth what you get and the tax/gratuity is included in the price. Our package was $187 a person for a summer night, Saturday wedding. This included rooms for us and both sets of parents, breakfast in bed, and more! Love, love, love the Molly!

Sent on 08/26/2013

I am so happy we got married here! We had a beautiful, romantic wedding ceremony and cocktail hour on the veranda. Our maitre'd, Paul was a doll! He was attentive, professional, and very creative when it came to setting up our wedding Decor. He also made our room special at the end of the night by bringing us a bucket of champagne with our left over desserts and hanging our "reserved" signs ( from the ceremony) on our hotel room chairs! My guests were raving about the service and food, especially the lobster and filet mignon. The only complaint I have is that it was very, very hot in the cocktail and reception room. Oh and also at breakfast the next morning. Granted it was a very hot summer day, I still feel they need to purchase a new air conditioning system! My flowers were wilting and people were complaining about the heat! On a positive note, the Molly pitcher will always be a special place to me because it is where I married the love of my life and luckily I can visit whenever I'd like!

Sent on 09/05/2013

We had a WONDERFUL luncheon wedding reception in the Navesink Room at the Molly Pitcher Inn. Everything from the food, the service, the room and the view, was truly exceptional!! We were fortunate to have had beautiful weather that day, which allowed everyone to enjoy the outside patio as well. Allison helped us plan the event and was terrific to work with. Fernando, the Maitre d’, and Paul did an OUTSTANDING job during the reception and took care of every detail for us. The Molly Pitcher is a beautiful and elegant venue, and we were thrilled to celebrate our wedding there! We highly recommend it!

Sent on 09/10/2013

Carolyn · Married on 04/27/2013

The Molly Pitcher Inn was fantastic! We ended up having a beautiful day for our wedding, and the outside deck space was wonderful for the cocktail hour. The rooms all looked beautiful, and the food was amazing! The amount of space that we had for the wedding was incredible, everyone commented on how great it was. We also were able to host a breakfast the next morning in the same room as the cocktail hour that was fantastic. With many of the rooms being booked by people attending our wedding, it truly felt like we almost had the hotel to ourselves. Such a wonderful experience!

Sent on 05/11/2013
  • F

Fara · Married on 04/20/2013

The Creme de la Creme... What more is there to say? Kelly and Fernando were the absolute best!

Sent on 11/14/2013

Adam · Married on 04/20/2013

Their team was easy to work with - adding our little personalized touches with no hassle. Friends and family still rave about how amazing the food was.

Sent on 08/05/2014

Christine · Married on 11/02/2012

Everyone loved the food at our wedding, which I was not expecting anyone to comment on - I mean, c'mon, it's wedding food. They let us swap the dessert smorgasborg for a raw bar and add gelato to the cake serving. Table, passed appetizer, and bar service was top notch.

Sent on 02/05/2013

susan · Married on 10/20/2012

I absolutely loved everything about my experience with the Molly Pitcher Inn. The Molly is not cheap by far, but you really get so much for your money, it is worth every penny and maybe more. Not only is the venue beautiful, but everything that was offered for my wedding reception was of the utmost quality. My coordinator, Allison Mercer, was very sweet and attentive to my needs, even months before my big day. Our maitre'd, Matthew, was excellent, and even ran up to my bridal suite to get my sandals when my wedding shoes were hurting me! The night was just perfect. I still have people saying that it was the best wedding they have ever been to, and I'm very proud of that.
    Also, the food is to die for!

Sent on 12/27/2012

Jill · Married on 05/18/2012

My husband and I found the Molly Pitcher Inn in a round about way but I am so glad we did! They helped to give me the perfect wedding day. We were able to have our ceremony on the newly renovated promenade overlooking the river and it provided the perfect backdrop for our ceremony and cocktail hour. Michael, our maitre' d, was on top of every detail throughout the day and the waitstaff (especially Nick!) was so friendly and helpful not just for us but our guests as well. My friends and family told me that there was more than enough delicious food during the cocktail hour and their meals were amazing. The whole day ran so smoothly and the setting for the day could not have been more perfect. They do an incredible job with the details as well...when we got back up to our room after the wedding was over there was a bottle of champagne, a tray of pastries, and 2 slices of our wedding cake waiting in the room along with all of the other personal items from our wedding (cake topper, candles, etc.). If you are looking for a place to have an outdoor ceremony I would highly recommend the Molly Pitcher.

Sent on 05/24/2012

Beautiful venue, simply classy and memorable! Treated my husband and I like celebrities!

Sent on 09/05/2012

Laurenq · Married on 06/25/2011

I always dreamed of getting married at the Molly Pitcher and my dreams definitely came true! Luckily we had a beautiful day and were able to enjoy the gorgeous view from the patio. The food is the best I have had at any wedding venue. You can't go wrong with the Molly Pitcher Inn!

Sent on 07/19/2011

Rachel · Married on 05/29/2011

I always new I would get married at the Molly Pitcher and I am glad I did. The food was amazing, the staff was so professional, every detail (and I had a long list of those) was met exactly as I asked for. For a wedding day, you should be able to have whatever you want if your paying for it and they had no objections. So many guests let us know after that it was the best wedding they had ever been to and it's thanks to Shari and Amanda (who are no longer there), Mike and Fernando!

Sent on 06/20/2011

Jacki · Married on 10/15/2010

I cannot even begin to say how thankful I am to everyone at the Molly Pitcher Inn for the wedding I had this past friday.
    I was told many times by several of my vendors that I was in good hands to have Christian as my Matre'd. A few days leading to the wedding, there was very good chance of a nor'easter coming. This would have damaged my plans on having an outdoor ceremony that I had been planning. When I met Christian to go over what would take place if we had to have the ceremony inside, I wasn't thrilled (nothing to do with the Molly Pitcher), but I felt comfortable that I would be taken care of and that it would be beautiful. I am very happy to say that I had my ceremony outside. Christian knew that I was stoked about that. He and the staff are extremely helpful. The girls in the catering office, Shari and Amanda, are great to work with. They are very sweet and very professional.
    My husband could not get over the service at our wedding. All of our guests complimented it as well. Christian made sure that we ate our dinner. Actually after the ceremony, they brought out a tray with the hors' dourves being served in cocktail hour. He always made sure that we were okay and happy, and not in need of anything. I believed that I was in great hands.
    I'm not sure if there are more, but the two hotels owned by J.P. Barry are amazing. My bridal shower was hosted at the Oyster Point and it was amazing. We had our own private room with a balcony that was breathtaking. The food was amazing.
    I would strongly recommend either place. They are beautiful and very well managed.

Sent on 10/19/2010

Stacy · Married on 10/10/2010

Our experiences with the Molly Pitcher Inn as the location for our wedding can be characterized by the words picturesque, decadent, and exceedingly hospitable. Both the venue itself and the many incredible people that contributed to the joy of our day were amazing. Situated on the Navesink River, the Molly Pitcher’s outside terrace provided an incomparable backdrop for what amounted to a truly beautiful and unforgettably scenic wedding ceremony. Similarly, the hotel’s inner décor provided a great base for our reception design. With open access between the outside and inside areas during the cocktail area, all of our guests were quite comfortable, and truly enjoyed the fresh air and river view while partaking in very delicious and courteously butlered hors d’oeuvres. The quality of the meals was far above that of most any wedding we had ever attended, with service being prompt, attentive and unobtrusive. As our primary contact, banquet sales manager Amada Grover was very easy to work with, responsive and accommodatingly flexible. Also worthy of note was the maître d’, Christian, who personally ensured that our needs and wishes were tended to without worry on the day of the actual event. We had heard from several people prior to our wedding that Christian was absolutely amazing and we would not be disappointed. Everything everyone told us about Christian was correct. He made sure nothing was overlooked and was always one step ahead of us. Christian made sure that not only were we, as the bride and groom, taken care of, but everyone. He really was the glue that held every precious detail together that evening, and he even went so far as to locate a recipe for a special cocktail request that we enjoyed while celebrating with our wedding party after the ceremony concluded. It was a true pleasure working with him. We would certainly recommend this location to any couple looking for a wedding venue in the Red Bank area.

Sent on 02/24/2011

Jennifer · Married on 08/20/2010

The Molly Pitcher Inn was absolutley incredible! They made our wedding day a dream. The staff, the food, the service, the scenery, ... I could go on forever. We were married on site without doing a typical rehearsal by our request. Christian our maitre'd was PHENOMENAL!!! He catered to our every need, along with our parents and bridal party! Amanda, Sherry, and staff were amazing! I do not live in the area and they were totally accomodating in making sure things were handled without us needing to travel. I so look forward to working with them in the future on other events that we plan on having! The Molly Pitcher will definatley not dissappoint!

Sent on 08/29/2010

Marianne · Married on 06/05/2010

The Molly Ptcher Inn is a perfect place for a wedding. The food was so good more than 6 months later my guests are still talking about it. The view of the River is beautiful and really helped create the feel I wanted for my wedding. The service was great and I had no problems at all. I would definately reccomend having any event at this venue.

Sent on 02/15/2011

Amy · Married on 11/07/2009

From the beginning of our wedding reception to the family breakfast the next morning, the Molly Pitcher Inn staff was professional, attentive and very pleasant to work with. They did a phenomenal job making sure every detail was accounted for, and even made sure Brian and I had a chance to try all the delicious food! We couldn't have asked for a better wedding reception, thanks to Jim Blair, Amanda Grover, and Richard (who spent a lot of time figuring out my dress' bustle!), and everyone else on the catering staff. I would DEFINITELY recommend the Molly Pitcher to friends and family for any event, large or small. Thanks again for exceeding our expectations and making our wedding such a special day.

Sent on 11/25/2009

Susan · Married on 08/02/2009

The staff at the Molly Pitcher Inn make planning a wedding an absolute joy. Amanda and Jean anticipated every need and guided us . They were always available to give advise or answer questions or direct us to vendors. The Inn's cuisine is exquisite and the service impeccable. The Maitre D Jim is just wonderful.
    He is everyones Dad for the Day. Our Daughter's wedding was August 2nd. It was supposed to be outside. Everyone was at the Inn to set up when a torrential storm blew in. We had absolutely no stress. Jim had everything reset and beautiful in time for the processional. He makes sure that the Bridal Couple as well as their Parents sit down to eat dinner. The little touches, Jim's concern for your enjoyment is just incredable. Our guests are still talking about the wedding. I would definitely make the Molly your venue. The Molly Picher Inn will help you create a memory that lasts a lifetime.

Sent on 11/27/2009

Nora · Married on 03/28/2009

The Molly Pitcher is by far the best wedding in Monmouth County for weddings of under 180 people. The staff is amazing (Shari was my coordinator, and Jim was my day of), they are professional and so easy to work with. They coordinate well with vendors and make sure that the bride and groom are not unnecessarily stressed leading up to their wedding day. The Molly is also a wonderful value: amazing food for the cocktail hour including rack of lamb, a gigantic raw bar and TONS of staff with passed plates as well, for the main meal filets cooked to order for your guests, double lobster tails that have the taste and texture of lobster (unlike the rubbery lobster so famous at weddings). Also, your guests don't have to risk driving post wedding to make it back to the hotel- just hop in the elevator or take the stairs instead. I am an admitted fuss, and the Molly certainly lived up to my expectations.

Sent on 12/07/2009

Nicole · Married on 03/21/2009

The Molly Pitcher was the best place I could have picked to hold my reception. The food and service was magnificent. I could not have asked for anything better. They were on top of keeping the wedding flowing from cocktail hour to dinner. The Maitre D Jim was the best. The food all came out hot and each table did not have to wait long for the courses. It was one of the more expensive places that we looked at, but the amount of food/services that you got was well worth the money. I cannot rave enough about the food. Everything was delicious! Definately recommend for anyone!

Sent on 11/24/2009

Kathryn · Married on 10/12/2008

Seriously not one complaint - everything was perfect from beginning to end!

Sent on 02/01/2010

Jamie · Married on 05/31/2008

At the Molly Pitcher everything is taken care of for you. Sheri and Jim are amazing. There is nothing to worry about, the food and service are incredible.

Sent on 01/23/2009
  • soon2bmrsG

kelly · Married on 11/24/2007

I cannot rave enough about how EXCEPTIONAL the Molly Pitcher is. My wedding exceeded my expectations. Jim and Shari helped to make this the most PERFECT wedding. I would do it all over in a heartbeat. The food, the service, the high quality of everything was just above it all.

Sent on 12/11/2007

Erica · Married on 05/14/2016

From the moment we walked in to the Molly Pitcher Inn, we knew it was our wedding venue. We fell in love with the views of the Navasink river, the food, and with our wedding coordinator, Kelly. We also loved that it was a one stop shop. Our guests could stay at the hotel, we could have a little after party at the hotel bar, and everyone could head up to their rooms at the end of the night.
    There's so many wonderful things I want to say about the Molly Pitcher, I don't even know where to start.
    Let's first talk about the food. OMG, the food! It's so good. We were worried that our cocktail hour wouldn't have enough food, so we opted to forgo the Viennese table and instead did a quesadilla and slider station at the cocktail hour. It was a huge hit, and people are still raving about all the food at the cocktail hour. I personally loved the raw seafood bar. We additionally opted to go with the buffet dinner, instead of the sit down, because who doesn't love a buffet? Our guests we so pleased with all the food options, and everything was delicious!
    Now onto Kelly. She is not only the sweetest person you'll ever meet, but she is professional, responsive, and just good at what she does. Any question we had, she answered promptly. Any suggestion we had was incorporated into our big day. I didn't have to coordinate with all the vendors in terms of arrival times and setting things up for our wedding; she took care of it all. There wasn't a single thing that went wrong out our wedding (honestly!) and I attribute it to her. She and Christian (our matire'd) also executed a perfect handoff about the details of our wedding and everything down to where different picture frames were placed, was perfect. During our reception Christian was attentive and made the whole evening run smoothly. He even made sure we ate, which was hugely appreciated
    You can't go wrong with the Molly Pitcher and we can't thank the staff enough for giving us the wedding of our dreams!

Sent on 07/10/2016

Samantha · Married on 10/12/2013

We reserved one of the suites for our wedding night and truly enjoyed it! The room was beautiful and we loved the decor, and that it overlooked the marina. Our wedding planner was also able to bring our luggage to the hotel earlier in the day and they were placed in the room by the time we got in.

The next morning we ordered room service and enjoyed a lovely breakfast from the comfort of our room. I'd definitely recommend having an event there or at the very least staying the night in one their suites!

Sent on 03/16/2014