16 Reviews for Molly Oliver Flowers

Aisle Decor (2)
Chuppah Decor (2)
Single Flowers (1)
16 Molly Oliver Flowers Reviews

Molly Oliver Flowers was absolutely wonderful to work with for our wedding. Recommended by a friend in the wedding business, we reached out to Molly and eventually met to see if it was the right fit. Our meetings, communication, and professionalism were equally met by the creativity and beauty of our flowers and plants for our wedding day. Sourcing local to NYC, and knowing there would be zero waste after our event, helped solidify our decision to go with Molly. This is the personal, thoughtful, and unique experience you dream of during wedding planning.

Profile Picture Valerie, 12/1/17, 1 Review
Category: Flowers

When it came time to choose a florist for our wedding, there was absolutely no other choice than Molly Oliver Flowers! Having known Molly for many years and following her incredible work, I couldn't imagine choosing anyone else. Without any bias, I can truly say that Molly's professionalism and collaborative approach are a breath of fresh air in a sea of choice for wedding vendors. Molly really listens to your ideas and pays close attention to the details, so we had complete trust that her designs would be nothing short of spectacular. In the lead up to the big day, we shared inspiration images on Pinterest, which was a great way to communicate ideas and preferences, and Molly absolutely exceeded my expectations by going above and beyond to make sure that my top choices for flowers and color palette would be available. The final results were even more beautiful than I could have imagined, and I was especially in love with my bouquet! I could not recommend Molly Oliver Flowers more highly!

Photos
Profile Picture Dayna, 10/20/17, 5 Reviews
Category: Flowers
Services Used: Clean Up, Consultations, Delivery, Event Design, Set Up, Venue Visit, Bouquets, Boutonnieres, Table Arrangements, Corsages, Flower Petals

We used Molly for our Brooklyn Winery wedding in August 2017. I went into our first meeting with her not knowing much about flower types and being very open minded. I essentially gave her my color scheme and showed her some pictures of things I've seen and liked on pinterest, and she worked her magic! She knew the venue aesthetics well and was able to pair the colors I liked with the local flowers that were in season. Unlike some other florists who we met with, we did not have to purchase all our vases and vessels (which is not only pricey but also wasteful!), Molly provides them all and at the end of the night picks them up and composts the flowers! She was also very accommodating to our budget and made recommendations on ways we can save money and make the most out of our budget.

I would definitely recommend Molly to anyone looking for a florist in the NYC area! Pictures below are by Tim Ryan Smith, our wedding photographer, who was also great.

Profile Picture Heather, 8/19/17, 1 Review
Category: Flowers

The decision to work with Molly was one of the easiest to make throughout the wedding planning process. From our initial meeting, it was clear that Molly cares first and foremost about making her clients happy. She took the time to listen and understand our vision (or lack thereof!), while constructively incorporating her ideas. The process felt collaborative, which for someone who loves flowers, was a dream! Molly creates a Pinterest board specifically for you, where you can add your ideas and react to hers. On the day of our wedding, Molly was so calming and had everything set up without a hitch. It was such a smooth process from start to finish, and I never once doubted Molly's talent, passion, and effort to make our flowers perfect. In addition, it was such a pleasure to work with someone who is so focused on where and how her flowers are sourced. Molly works seasonally and locally, which was a must have for us. Using seasonal flowers sourced from our surrounding area made our wedding feel intimate and unique. And one of my favorite parts -- no waste at the end! After making sure we took home as many bouquets as we could hold, Molly collected the extra flowers for compost at a local farm. Working with Molly is an extremely special experience, and I couldn't recommend working with her more!

Profile Picture Jessica, 7/22/17, 5 Reviews
Category: Flowers

Molly and Elspeth were WONDERFUL to work with! We loved that they locally sourced all their flowers. We gave Molly a sense of what we were looking for, and she far exceeded what we could have imagined. My bouquet was honestly the most beautiful thing I've ever seen! Every time I looked down at it, I burst into a smile. The chuppah was stunning, and they were able to incorporate a family tallit into it, which made it that much more special. At our request, they attached two trees on the tent poles in the tent, which made the reception spot look magical. I can't stress enough how wonderful it was to work with them and how happy we were to have such colorful, whimsical, and beautiful flowers to help enhance the scene at our wedding. Molly and her team is so creative, professional, responsive, and passionate about what they do, and I highly recommend them to others. We hope to work with them again in the future!

Profile Picture Lily, 5/20/17, 5 Reviews
Category: Flowers
Services Used: Clean Up, Consultations, Delivery, Event Design, Set Up, Venue Visit, Aisle Decor, Bouquets, Boutonnieres, Table Arrangements, Chuppah Decor

I never knew flowers could take my breath away like the ones Molly created for our wedding. Truly, they were so beautiful, fresh, and alive. We were blown away by how Molly captured our vision, and then made it even better than we imagined. It felt above and beyond to have her come back at the end of our wedding and create beautiful bouquets for our guests to take home. The flowers elevated the whole event, bringing such a sense of beauty and joy to the day. We kept enjoying them for almost a week after our wedding! Also, it felt so important and good to support someone doing such incredible in our community, and to know our flowers were grown responsibly.

Profile Picture Hannah, 5/4/17, 1 Review
Category: Flowers

Molly was the natural choice for me. I would consider her the leading sustainable florist in New York City and Brooklyn. Molly not only sources the blooms seasonally from local Brooklyn farms, regional growers, and NYC farmers markets (with supplement from NYC floral district wholesalers), she’ll even plant the seeds for the flowers you want for your wedding at Youth Farm if you give her enough notice. Working with Molly was a dream. We showed her our Pinterest inspiration board, and she patiently let us talk through our disparate and crazy visions until we settled on a victorian gothic style. Then she set up a Pinterest board with all the flowers that would be in season, plus inspirational bouquets, and from there we kept iterating and refining until we were both clear and confident on what exactly we wanted. She did the bower, bouquets, boutonnieres, lush table centerpieces, bud vases for the tall tables for cocktail hour, decorated our hanging birch cutouts, and even put a few flowers in the bathrooms. After the ceremony, a team moved the bower inside behind the DJ booth. And after the dinner was done, she and her team stripped the tables that had to be moved off of the dance floor and made bouquets that our guests were able to take home when they left. She also moved one of the table garlands to the DJ booth. For all of this – her flowers really did transform a giant space – we thought her rate was more than reasonable. I think she should be any conscious NYC bride’s first choice!

Profile Picture Alden, 4/29/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Flowers

It was important to me to use local/seasonal flowers for our December wedding. Molly was incredible to work with throughout the planning process. We were particularly grateful that she lowered her minimum cost requirement when she found out we weren't having a ceremony. It allowed us to have gorgeous flowers within our budget. From the initial conversation through our post-wedding communication, Molly adhered to exactly the process and timeline she first described. I was never concerned that we might run into any issues throughout the planning process.

I think what most impressed me was Molly's ability to take my disjointed explanation of what I wanted ("a lot of green, but not too green; a nod to the holiday season, but not too Christmas-y", mostly green and white and neutral, but maybe some red") and turn it into flower arrangements that worked perfectly in our venue and were even more beautiful than I could have imagined.

I would recommend Molly Oliver Flowers to anybody planning a wedding or other event.

Profile Picture User7530134, 1+ year ago, 4 Reviews
Services Used: Table Arrangements, Clean Up, Consultations, Delivery, Set Up

Molly made our wedding absolutely stunning! She provided all of the floral arrangements for our wedding, and we are so glad we found her. I didn't have a clear picture of what I wanted, I only knew what I didn't want, and on wedding day I was completely blown away by how beautiful all the flowers looked. Molly delivered our flowers to two separate locations, helped decorate our venue, and even came back at the end of the night to bundle some flowers for guests to take home. Molly was communicative, professional, and offered great suggestions throughout the entire process. We would use her again in a heartbeat!

Profile Picture User7044948, 1+ year ago, 3 Reviews
Category: Flowers
Services Used: Clean Up, Delivery, Event Design, Set Up, Altar Decor, Bouquets, Boutonnieres, Corsages, Single Flowers, Table Arrangements

I used Molly Oliver Flowers for my wedding in Brooklyn in July. Molly was a pleasure to work with and made the whole experience so easy. We met with several florists- many of whom put a lot of pressure on us to increase our floral budget and add more arrangements. When we spoke with Molly, she was immediately happy to work with our budget and said she would make the most of what we ordered to use throughout the space.

My husband and I didn't know much about flowers and were concerned that we would have trouble picking the right flowers to properly enhance the space. Even though we didn't have much to offer in terms of guidance, Molly was extremely patient and took the time to go through various photos of different floral options until we were able to sort out what we liked from what we didn't. From that point on, we did not have to worry about anything and we entrusted Molly to take our preferences and run with them. Her arrangements, bouquets, and boutonnieres were absolutely perfect and we couldn't have asked for a better experience.

Everything exceeded all expectations!

Profile Picture User7229117, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Flowers

Molly's work was perfect! She knocked it out of the park! I am very particular about flowers and was very exacting about the floral design I wanted for my wedding, which was a crucial part of our aesthetic. Molly asked the right questions on her worksheet and in person to make sure we were on the same page. Then she created a Pinterest board that allowed me to express my desires on specific flowers, vases, and arrangements. She also responded quickly to my myriad of follow-up emails, and she was incredibly detail-oriented and organized, more so than maybe any other wedding vendor. The fact that she aligns with our values on local sourcing and otherwise was also crucial. I was totally confident that she could execute the plan, and when my husband showed up to our rehearsal dinner, which Molly did with much less input, even he was so excited to see what she would do the next day. She did not disappoint. I was so impressed with the flowers when I showed up at the wedding. It was like my dreams (and my Pinterest board) came to life. If I could only choose one vendor again, it would be Molly. I can't wait to host other events and hire her again.

Profile Picture Lilia, 6/18/16, 9 Reviews
Category: Flowers
Services Used: Aisle Decor, Bouquets, Boutonnieres, Corsages, Flower Petals, Table Arrangements, Clean Up, Consultations, Delivery, Set Up

Cannot say enough amazing things about Molly! The floral decor at my wedding was top of my list and Molly did not disappoint! She produced the most beautiful design for the chuppah, based mainly on my description of what I wanted and it turned out perfect! The table settings were absolute perfection and exactly what I had envisioned. I highly recommend her services to anyone getting married.

Profile Picture Katie, 5/28/16, 4 Reviews
Category: Flowers
Services Used: Clean Up, Consultations, Delivery, Set Up, Altar Decor, Bouquets, Boutonnieres, Chuppah Decor, Corsages, Flower Petals, Table Arrangements

Molly was a joy to work with from day one. She was responsive and open to any idea. My fiancé and I are not flower people - I'm lucky to keep a fake plant alive - and she was so quick to give very good suggestions and help us think about areas we may want or need flowers that we had not even considered. My mother in law was also part of this planning process and Molly was great about working with her and incorporating her ideas also. In particular, I was looking for two large, but economical plant like arrangements to flank us at the outdoor garden ceremony. I had no idea what I wanted to needed, but Molly said she had just the idea and her idea was perfect!

Things that really attracted me to Molly's company - the fact she offered vases that she recollected and did clean up and composting at the end of the night for flowers that were not used or wanted. She bunched some up for people to take, but she also took away arrangements that were not going to be used or taken by anyone. I like that reduce/reuse/compost model and also that her small business sources local flowers. Molly Oliver Flowers is exactly the kind of company that I believe offers very personalized service and extreme commitment and care to each individual. In addition and more importantly, her arrangements were beautiful. We received numerous complements! Highly recommended!

Profile Picture User6816336, 2+ years ago, 5 Reviews
Category: Flowers
Services Used: Altar Decor, Bouquets, Boutonnieres, Corsages, Table Arrangements, Clean Up, Consultations, Delivery, Venue Visit

At first, when we were planning our wedding, we were kind of down on flowers. Neither of us are flower buffs, and weren’t fans of a lot of the fussy arrangements we saw at other people’s weddings, where overly-ornate arrangements at the center of the tables mostly just get in the way and block your view of the other guests. But as I was browsing flower vendors, I came across Molly’s website, and could tell there was something different about her style that I liked. They have a sort of informality and extraordinary wildness that I really responded to and I felt like it fit our personalities much better. We met up with her and found her extremely knowledgeable. She asked us tons of questions and really took the time to get a sense of the types of things we liked, and helped us how we could get the biggest impact without the monster arrangements, and within our budget. And then we pretty much left her to surprise us.
On our wedding day, we came into the venue and saw everything set up, and it was PERFECT. Her arrangements really transformed the space and gave it so much more character and beauty. We really were blown away by her work. Just a few small arrangements on each table made them stand out and gave everything a sense of elegance. The bouquet was stunning as well. At the end of the night, she even bunched up all the flowers so that guests (and we) could take them home with us. All of Molly’s hard work and fantastic arrangements made such a big difference in the look and feel of the venue, and without a doubt contributed to the wedding day being as perfect as it was.

Profile Picture User4738381, 2+ years ago, 7 Reviews
Category: Flowers
Services Used: Altar Decor, Bouquets, Corsages, Table Arrangements, Clean Up, Consultations, Delivery, Event Design, Set Up, Venue Visit

I had planned to order wholesale flowers online for my September wedding, so Molly was a late-game decision. I hired her to make bouquets, boutonnieres, and provide ~800 stems for me to make my own centerpieces. She helped me work within my budget, even offering to do bouquets below her normal price.

The flowers turned out GORGEOUS. We got so many compliments. I was obsessed with my bouquet and the colors all looked amazing. Molly herself was really easy to work with and I love that she sources locally and only uses in season blooms. She even gets some of her flowers from the farm where I got married!

Bottom line: hire her.

Profile Picture Sally, 9/27/15, 2 Reviews
Category: Flowers

Molly did the flowers for our wedding in New York in January, and she was terrific. We had a couple of requests that probably made our event a little challenging. First, we wanted a sort of wildflower look, but it was 10 degrees out the day we got married. Second, we wanted to use our own collection of antique bottles, all differently shaped and sizes, as flower containers. Molly dealt with it all perfectly. She reached out to multiple local growers and greenhouses to figure out what would be available in January, created a customized pinterest board for us so that we could share pictures for ideas, reviewed photographs of all of our bottles so that she could figure out how best to use them, etc. Throughout, she was friendly , flexible, and responsive. And in the end, all of the flowers – including the bouquet and the boutonierre – were beautiful, and really represented the look that we wanted. We highly recommend Molly’s services!

Profile Picture User5263130, 2+ years ago, 8 Reviews