Mollan Photography Reviews

61 Reviews for Mollan Photography

• Tulinh

Tulinh · Married on 05/26/2019

Tulinh and Jason Dinkelmeyer

Matt was very friendly and easy to work with. He’s very good at capturing moments without you even noticing he’s doing it, and made me feel very comfortable (I usually get very awkward in front of cameras) while my photos were taken. The photos turned out great, and I am still getting compliments from my wedding guests in regards to the photos. We loved how Matt was able to capture everyone at very good moments when they are naturally smiling or laughing instead of so many staged photos, and it just gives the whole album a very happy feeling and brings back so much great memories. Thank you so much Matt!

Sent on 06/09/2019

Robert · Married on 12/08/2018

Hands down the best!

Matt Mollan could not have been any better from the very start. From the very start he made sure I was fully informed with wedding photography. I learned more from him than any other photographer I spoke to and this was before he even mentioned price or hinted at trying to get me to book with him. Before we even began speaking about a contract and price we 30 emails back and forth informing me on typical process and what to expect from wedding photography. This guy’s customer service is unmatched by any other wedding photographer in the Detroit area. Then when it comes time to working with him, he is incredible. Super easy guy to get along with and work with. He is truly there to not only save a cherished memory for you in a magical way but he is always right there ready to go when you have a specific picture you want. We had a few we wanted to make sure we got and he was right there ready as soon as we wanted it. We just got all the picture in a few days ago and they are remarkable. These pictures are the quality you would get from a photographer that is charging at least double what he charges. I would recommend Mollan Photography to absolutely anyone!

Sent on 12/27/2018
  • User2602818 · Recently married

Matt is an absolutely amazing photographer! We researched many, many photographers before deciding to go with Mollan Photography for our wedding. His prices and packages were the most reasonable for what he offered. We chose his hightest package and still spent less than some other photographers' lowest package with limited time. He only offers unlimited time which was so wonderful because we never felt rushed or pushed along throughout our day.

Matt is a completely down to earth friendly person who wants nothing but the best for his clients. I could not imagine having gone with anyone else. With his experience, he offered a variety of ideas with which we fell in love. Most metro Detroit area photographers specialize in city photos with scenery of downtown locations and other similar shots. Matt does too, but offered a more country-type of view (as we like to call it) where we took photos in wooded areas or open fields.

After our engagement pictures came back to us (with a very short turn around time), we couldn't wait until our wedding where he would take even more great shots. Merely a week or so from our wedding, we received our wedding photos back and totally fell in love with them. They were greater than we could have ever imagined!

In between the time of our engagement photo shoot and our wedding he notified us if there were special offers on canvases or other prints. We took advantage of the offer and we more than satisfied with the quality of the company he uses.

Given the opportunity to re-do our wedding, we would have chosen Mollan Photography all over again. You will not be disappointed if you choose Matt!

Sent on 08/16/2012

Kailey · Married on 08/24/2018

Matt was great to work through our entire wedding process. Our photos turned out beautifully and he completed them in just TWO weeks! He did a great job of not only photographing us but also paying attention to the little details of the wedding and capturing candid photos of our guests. We couldn't have asked for a better experience. We are so happy we chose Matt to capture these memories for us. Highly recommend!

Sent on 09/09/2018
  • O

Olivia · Married on 01/20/2018

Our pictures came out amazing!! We received them 2 weeks after the wedding which was exactly when he said we would have them and it was much quicker than I thought it would be. He was so great to work with and was willing to take outdoor pictures in winter. He was at the venue even before we were to take pictures of the hall beforehand.

Sent on 02/10/2018

Gina · Married on 07/01/2017

All the reviews are true- Matt really is THE BEST!! Highly, highly recommend. He was so wonderful to work with, from the very first communication all the way through. We still can't believe how FAST he completed the photos following our wedding day, and they are absolutely stunning. Thank you Matt for capturing the best day of our lives :-)

Sent on 07/23/2017

Jason · Married on 04/16/2016

I am not one to typically leave reviews, but for Matt I feel like I have too.

While initially we were looking to spend less on photos, after meeting with Matt and seeing his work, we reworked our budget as Matt was night and day above all the other photographs we met, yet remarkable still affordable compared to some others when you actual look at the price of packages and what you receive.

My wife had certain places she wanted photographs taken, Matt was easy to work with before the day to get us a realistic idea of what could be done in the short amount of time. Come wedding day, his prediction was 100% correct on what could be done so we were able to get all our locations.

Additionally, our church was very restrictive on photographers. You would never know by the photographs Matt took, he seemed to be everywhere, but watching the video of the wedding later you hardly see Matt. I don't know how he does it, he must be part ninja. Being involved with quite a few weddings before, I don't ever remember a photographer being so easy to work with during the wedding day. Everything was a yes with Matt during the day.

Lastly, and most importantly, the quality of the pictures are top notch. While I could careless about what others thought, we have received numerous praises for Matt's work. We ended up with just under 1000 photographs.

If I can give one piece of advise to you as plan your wedding, no one is going to remember the cake or the food, but you can look back at the pictures Matt took and everything about your day is captured and captured very well. Even some things that you never saw, Matt did, and he makes it look so good.

Thank you Matt.

Sent on 01/22/2017
  • User6120131 · 2+ years ago

Best in the business period, work is amazing and is a true gentleman. Would recommend to anyone.

Sent on 12/31/2015

Kayla · Married on 08/22/2015

I can't say enough wonderful things about Matt! His work and ability to bring light and outside details into the photos is uncomparable to anything I've seen. He was so easy to work with and even took some of our crazy ideas found on Pinterest and made them happen during our shoots! We are still getting guests compliment our photos and ask about our amazing photographer. The best part was how inconspicuous the photo process was...all of the candid shots made for the best moments and not having to 'stand, pose, shoot' relieved so much stress. Thanks for making our day extra special!

Sent on 11/25/2015

Laura · Married on 06/06/2015

Matt is amazing. The pictures from our wedding are absolutely stunning. I have been in other wedding parties he has shot and they are consistently beautifully done. Matt is easy to work with and makes taking pictures painless and even fun. I would recommend Matt to anyone. He is the best.

Sent on 09/08/2015

Amber · Married on 05/30/2015

After our wedding, we were so happy and completely satisfied with every vendor we selected, but then there is that time frame where you have to wait to see the pictures! I was particularly excited to see Matt's photo's because quite frankly, the photographs are all my husband and I will have to look back on later in life. Choosing a photographer was the very FIRST thing we did once Garrett popped the question. We chose Matt. Since we have obsessed over the ENTIRE gallery of photographs that Matt captured on May 30th, I have been meaning to get on here and write a review. Easiest way to explain it is that Matt has a serious gift with a camera. I have never looked at someone's photo galleries and loved their entire portfolio, each and every one! He literally gets the BEST shots and he makes you feel super comfortable no matter what the situation. My husband and I generally laugh at each other a lot, but I was still nervous on the wedding day because I was scared that we'd be laughing hysterically in every picture, and they just wouldn't turn out right. Well, I can honestly say that we have more than enough hilarious AND serious, sharp, & especially gorgeous shots. All of our VIP's and loved ones made it to Matt's camera lens as well, which was super important to us. On a side note, we often referred to Matt as our "Photo Ninja" because quite frankly, we are still puzzled as to how he captured so many great shots the day of our wedding, and still he went unnoticed. Someone even told me they didn't think I had a photographer; which really made us laugh.

If anyone is wondering how you can BEST select your wedding photographer, it is plain and simple: look at his/her photographs.
    And there really isn't any better way for me to recommend Matt, other than to suggest that you go to his website and look at his photographs! And book early! He books up VERY quickly!

Thank you Matt, you are truly blessed!
    Garrett & Amber Schulte, 05/30/2015

Sent on 07/15/2015

Matt was an absolute pleasure to work with! He came very highly recommended to us, and I will continue to pass on the praise and recommendations!! He has an eye for capturing the entire day -- from the big moments to the small details - as it genuinely unfolds. He did not miss a thing! My groom and I very much appreciated Matt's casual, unobtrusive, and flexible style! He quickly directed us through all must-have photos as needed (family, grandparents, etc.), while insuring that the day (and FUN) was ours to have! On the day of our wedding, Matt readily jumped into the back of an overly packed vehicle to be available for any/all snapshots! Our families and wedding party even commented on how great and easy Matt was to work with. Communication occured quickly (within minutes to hours), photo packages are an excellent value, and the full photo gallery was posted in less than 3 weeks -- just as promised! For us, it was most important to capture our love and our celebration with our most favorite people in a way that is true to us... Matt absolutely met this expectation. My only problem is there is absolutely no way to pick which of the hundreds of awesome shots he got to hang in our house!

Sent on 06/15/2015

Erin · Married on 05/16/2015

Amazing to work with and amazing photos. Definitely recommend!

Sent on 06/02/2015

Alexa · Married on 10/10/2014

Matt was the best wedding photographer I could ever ask for! He was very professional, respectful. Matt was extremely nice and willing to answer any questions we came up with. We were EXTREMELY happy with the way that the photos came out. He was willing to shoot on multiple locations if we wanted. Highly recommend!!

Sent on 10/31/2014

artist · Married on 09/27/2014

Matt is so amazing that we changed our wedding date to book him! I was worried about booking a photographer the most because I have heard horror stories, but was so relived when my husband mentioned Matt. Matt has won numerous awards through the knot and I have the honor of saying I had him as my photographer! Great price and the quality was outstanding. The turn over time was so fast as well. I know brides that have waited up to 3 months or more for their photos, we had ours back before 3 weeks. Thank you Matt for capturing so many amazing moments!!!

Sent on 12/12/2014

Regina · Married on 08/17/2014

Matt is AMAZING! His professionalism is above par and his photographic skill is just as great. I loved how Matt was so flexible with the last minute changes we had the day of. Also he stayed out late for us making sure we got all the shots we wanted. What impressed me the most was his ability to take so many great shots without disrupting the ceremony. He is like a ninja! I am very satisfied with the pictures he took and his amazing customer service. Definite Recommend!

Sent on 09/09/2014
  • O

Olivia · Married on 08/09/2014

Matt is an extremely talented, professional, and personable photographer/ person that we had the pleasure to work with!

We have been impressed with Matt from day one. He is more than willing to work with clients and makes one feel right at home in the process. My father, who happened to be an amateur wedding photographer throughout college, had all of his questions answered within a matter of minutes by Matt and we were able to see full wedding albums (not just a few select favorites like other photographers have a tendency to do), which impressed us even more!

When it came to our engagement photo session, everything went smoothly and Matt really made us feel comfortable which was something I did not realize could happen to a nervous, camera shy fiancé such as me!

As we continued throughout the wedding process, Matt was easily accessible and put my mind at ease by answering any questions that came up, such as the day timeline and select images that I was really interested in having. When our wedding day finally approached, everything went smoothly thanks to Matt and he truly went above and beyond to make sure it was everything we wanted it to be!! As I was rushing around the house in a frenzied state since I was running 20 minutes behind for pictures, Matt helped ease my nervous energy by cracking a couple jokes and just by being himself. The day progressed and went really well thanks to Matt! He really went the extra mile to take beautiful pictures, ensure that every important moment was captured on film, and make us feel comfortable throughout the day. Matt solidified our confidence in him day one. We highly recommend him!

We just viewed our wedding pictures a couple weeks ago now and couldn't be happier! Matt's work truly speaks for itself! Everyone we have shown our engagement pictures or wedding pictures have been impressed. In fact, our sister-in-law to be just booked Matt for her wedding next year!

Thank you, Matt, for all you do!

Sent on 09/03/2014

Andrea · Married on 07/26/2014

Matt was wonderful to work with! He is professional, attentive, communicative, and has such an amazing talent with photography! We loved working with him. His calm demeanor helped make our wedding day relaxed and smooth. We absolutely loved our wedding and engagement photos! He really captured the essence of the day and allowed to always remember the love and feelings we were experiencing that day. We highly recommend him!

Sent on 09/03/2014

Elizabeth · Married on 05/24/2014

Matt is extremely professional and accommodating! He was invisible to our family and friends at the church and moved throughout the church to get so many great shots, we don't know how he did it!

We and so many of our friends and family were very impressed with the quick turn around for the pictures. I also had so many people who told me I paid less than they did and got way more (photos, an album, canvas print, and the rights) then they paid!

Sent on 09/15/2014
  • F

Francesca · Married on 02/08/2014

We got our engagement photos done through Matt and LOVED them! He was super responsive and made you feel like you were his only client. He also got our engagement photos to us super fast.

Matt made our wedding day super relaxed and wonderful. He was incredibly easy to work with which made organizing all of our family members for photos that much less stressful. I can't wait to see the finished product!

Sent on 02/13/2014

Matt was so great to work with. Capturing our wedding photos was important to me and so I scoured the Internet for a while before I finally came across Matt's website and knew the second I reviewed his galleries that we had to set up an appointment. His candid shots immediately caught my eye and truly showed genuine expressions of all those caught on camera. The work he does is incredible and I'm so thoroughly happy with the results. He patiently took in all my requests and changes and was extremely professional. He did our engagement and wedding photos and have heard rave reviews from all that have seen them. His style is impeccable and we are SO thrilled with his work. Don't waste your time scouring the Internet and worrying about a decision that can be made so simple. Go with Matt and you will not go wrong

Sent on 03/07/2015

erin · Married on 08/31/2013

Matt made our wedding day a dream come true! He did an amazing job and was extremely attentive the entire day. He captured all the right moments! I highly recommend Matt as your photographer, he is the BEST!!!

Sent on 10/08/2013

Holly · Married on 06/15/2013

I had the privilege of having Matt Mollan as the photographer for our June 15th, 2013 wedding, and would HIGHLY recommend him to others for their events! Matt is organized, professional, and very friendly. I was nervous about the thought of posing for pictures all day and how uncomfortable that might be, but Matt does a great job of making it feel like just another moment in the day with no pressure to "model" as I was afraid of. Before our wedding, I never needed to give him any kind of list about what pictures we wanted,he easily and effieiceintly got all that were necessary and more without any effort needed on my part, something very much appreciated by any busy bride and groom! We also chose to use him for our engagment photos and were very pleased with the result. In addition, his turnaround time is extremely quick! Within a week of having our engagement photos done, they arrived on a disk to our mailbox. His prices are well worth the final product and my husband and I are thrilled the experiences we had with him. We will definitely plan on contacting him in the future for any photography needs! Thanks, Matt!

Sent on 06/28/2013

My husband Chad and I are so happy with our choice on photographers. We are from the Saginaw area, so hiring one from the Detroit/Macomb area was a little scary at first because we were unsure if the distance would make communication harder. We met with multiple photographers but no ones work could even come near Matt's quality. My husband and I have been in weddings before and have never seen a photographer more diligent as well as assertive. Matt is extremely easy to work with and makes you feel comfortable and at ease. I would HIGHLY RECOMMEND Matt!

Sent on 02/26/2013
  • Michelle

Michelle · Married on 12/29/2012

Matt was recommended to me by a friend, and he had also coincidentally done a couple family photo sessions with my cousin, his wife, and their two young girls. He was the only photographer I looked at for my wedding. Once I met him I knew he would do a great job. He is very easy going and wonderful to work with. He even does really well with nervous and picky brides like myself :) The photographs of our engagement session and wedding are beautiful. I couldn't be happier with what he did, and I am very excited to see how our album turns out. Definitely use Mollan Photography. If I had to do it all over again I would.

Sent on 02/25/2013