Moghul Caterers Reviews

Moghul Caterers 3
Moghul Caterers 4
Moghul Caterers 5

Rima · Married on 07/02/2017

We want to start this review by saying that Rajeev and the Moghul team are phenomenal!

We'll start with the menu selection: During our initial meeting Rajeev gave us an entire book to choose from. The book must've been about 40-50 pages. In addition to all those items, he encouraged us to give him ideas for new items which aren't in the book. He said that his team is fully capable of bringing his clients creativity to life and they did just that!

Food tasting: The food tasting was exquisite! It was very intimate and straightforward. Neeraj presented us with the menu we would be tasting before the actual tasting started. He came out with each dish and introduced it to us. The presentation of the dishes was excellent. We felt that their taste and presentation are two things Moghul catering prides itself on and we were able to see why at the food tasting.

Day of: On the day of the wedding the staff operated seamlessly. We had a combination of family and buffet style dining which was set up perfectly. No sooner had we reached our table did the food start coming out! Our 390 guests were always catered to thanks to Dipti and her team. Never once did we hear a complain about the execution, or anything for that matter.

Overall experience: We would recommend Moghul catering to any couple who wants to make sure their guests get the best cuisine in the world! Our guests still tell us that "the food was so amazing, we didn't have room on our plates to put it all." With great management, flawless execution, beautiful presentation, and delicious food, Moghul is a must have for any wedding!

Thank you so much!!

-Nish and Rima

Sent on 07/25/2017

nutan · Married on 06/24/2017

Rajeev Sachdeva headed by his team of chefs from Moghul Caterers from New Jersey catered several events for our daughters wedding in Raleigh June 2017. They totally floored us and all our guests with the excellent food, great service, creative suggestions, promptness, courteousness, amazing display of all dishes-especially the Viennese desserts. The food was always freshly prepared and of great quality. We received numerous compliments about the food. Rajeev worked tirelessly with us regarding the menu (which was quite elaborate) and his suggestions were top notch. He took away all our concerns and as promised everything happened as planned and better. They went above and beyond our expectations in every aspect of catering. We are very pleased with Rajeev and his team and highly recommend them for an excellent carefree catering.

Debra · Married on 06/10/2017

Our family uses Moghul for all of our catered events. So far we've had 5 weddings and a large party. We've always been pleased with the service and the food. Moghul gets creative and dreams up new dishes so that you can give your guests a treat that they've never had before, or you can stick with old favorites that you know you love. Their professionalism can be counted on, and their display of the food is beautiful. I highly recommend Moghul for your catered events.

Sent on 07/15/2017

Smita · Married on 06/04/2017

Professional, courteous, kind, and gracious. We were very happy to work with Dimpy Pingle in particular -- She is absolutely lovely and went above and beyond to make our wedding events extremely special. The food was extremely tasty and we received several comments from guests specifically saying that their favorite part of our wedding was the delicious and varied menu of food items. Would highly recommend!

Sent on 06/27/2017

L · Married on 06/04/2017

Dimpy was excellent and managed the wholw event very well!

Ashok · Married on 06/03/2017

Excellent caterer in our NJ area. The planning manager helped me to suggest food for wedding and reception. They are committed to service and quality of food. All my invited guests were very happy with their service, food arrangement, quality of food, timing, and responsiveness. I haven't heard a single negative comment about service and quality of food. They worked nicely with the kitchen staff and cocktail manager at DoubleTree Hilton at somerset, New Jersey. I will work with this caterer for my future events. I highly recommend them.

Sent on 07/20/2017

Mehul · Married on 05/27/2017

We selected Moghul out of 2 potential caterers for our 2017 Memorial Day Weekend Wedding primarily for their excellent reputation and they lived up to it and then some! Everyone raved about the variety of options that were available during the lunch, cocktail hour and reception as well as how delicious the food was! What put Moghul over the top was their professionalism and customer service. Whenever there were questions, they were easily reachable by phone. Would definitely recommend!

Sent on 07/17/2017

Anita · Married on 05/20/2017

Exceptional all the way!! I would not change anything even if I had to do it over and over again.

Preeti · Married on 03/18/2017

We used Moghul caterers for 2 events within 3 months and had a wonderful experience. The first was for my brother's Sangeet which we hosted in my home and we were so impressed that we invited them back to cater a fundraiser for a congressman that was also in my home. Not only was the food and presentation impressive but the service and attention to detail from set up to take down was exceptional.

Sent on 07/18/2017
  • F

Fal · Married on 05/17/2016

We are in awe of the level of professionalism and excellence demonstrated by Mogul Catering team. Our event on April 16. 2016 was a huge success because of Mogul catering.

We had a complicated venue - a museum - with many restrictions. Entire team of Moghul Caterers took control of the food and service part of the event and all I could hear were rave reviews from my guests. Food was super delicious as expected. However, I was even more impressed with the presentation and details that went into serving my guests. Flower pedals on serving trays to carved watermelon on dessert tables to fancy serving platters. That itself elevated the level of my party. Moghul's impact made us look classy and knowledgable. In fact, we had no idea how they managed to do it all behind the scene. Our difficult venue was not a problem because they got everyone to cooperate and they were creative, polite and professional. The team cared about what I wanted out of the party and delivered it seamlessly. At a time like this, one appreciates the differentiation of Mogul versus others.

Thank you from the bottom our hearts. Love the food. Love the service. And presentation was beyond expectations.

Sent on 05/05/2016

aditi · Married on 04/30/2016

We got married at the Crystal Plaza in NJ on 4/30/16 and used Moghul Catering for all meals (lunch, cocktails, dinner and desserts). The food was INCREDIBLE. I worked with Rajeev Sachdeva and he and his team, did an outstanding job. All of our guests were raving about how tasty, fresh, and delicious all the meals were. Our on site director, Deepali, was amazing. She was bringing out fresh trays of foods and refilling all of our stations throughout the entire day. They really cared and it showed through all the amazing dishes that were served. I don't think there was a single thing I would have changed in regards to the food from our wedding. The cocktail hour was beautifully displayed. My family and I highly recommend.

Sent on 05/11/2016

Selecting Moghul as our caterer for multiple events was the best wedding decision we made. Our 425 person wedding was in Raleigh, North Carolina so we were a little concerned with choosing a caterer out of state in New Jersey. However, Moghul exceeded our expectations in every way. We ordered the larger menus for the events and every single food item was absolutely delicious. Rajeev and his staff are such professionals and made sure all our guests were enjoying themselves and had plenty of food. They are pricier than other Indian caterers, but there is a reason for this - they are simply the best. Our friends and family in North Carolina are still talking about the food! The quality, service and execution of Moghul was outstanding, and you cannot go wrong choosing Moghul and Rajeev for your wedding.

Sent on 05/05/2016

Moghul's food is FANTASTIC. Sam is amazing to work with. We had an awesome tasting session with him and loved all the food. It was really hard making the selections for our buffet as there were many great options. We picked a bunch of appetizers, live stations and buffet entrees. All the food was delicious and we got a lot of compliments for the food.
    Besides the food, the service was great. Sam was there the whole time to make sure everything ran smoothly. He took care of me as the bride and had a whole platter ready for me to make sure I could keep nibbling during cocktail hour. I had some friends who are not Indian and had food allergies; Sam went out of his way to explain what the different food items were and prepared platters for my friends taking into consideration their allergies and diet restrictions.
    If you have an Indian wedding in NJ/PA-would only go with Moghul for Indian food catering! I had heard amazing things about them from other people and now I can second that!

Sent on 05/10/2016

Rajat · event on: 12/19/2015

A BIG THANK YOU to Sam and his team from Moghuls for the excellent food and service by the Moghuls team and for making my wife and my anniversary party a dream party.

Everything about the food and the service was just perfect, from the taste of each and every one of the cocktail snacks and in the dinner buffet, the neat arrangement of the cocktail snacks on every butler passed plate, the very efficient circulation of every butler passed snack with each serving plate having a neat and clear descriptive placard stating the name of the item and specifying whether it is "vegetarian" or "non-vegetarian", excellent salad spread, and speedy refilling of the buffet trays.

Many of our friends mentioned to us about the very high quality of food and service, and I told them that I have to thank you, Sam, and the Moghuls team for that. All our friends ate well, as you had assured us they would. THANK YOU.

Sent on 01/12/2016

Rajat · event on: 12/19/2015

Sent on 01/12/2016

Pritha · Married on 11/29/2015

Sam was an absolute joy to work with. My parents and I went back and forth on food selection several times and Sam was very patient and helpful in assisting us to create the best menu possible given our budget and taste. He was not thrown off by our criticisms and instead worked with us to make sure our needs were being met and that all parties were pleased. On the day of, he personally made sure that my groom and I were able to try all foods available and even made us a dessert sampler platter since we were not able to go over to the dessert area ourselves. In addition he made us to-go boxes of all foods served at the wedding, knowing that we had not eaten all night. He took the utmost care to please us from the months leading up to the day of. The food was beyond good and was everyone's favorite part of the wedding. It was exquisitely prepared, impeccably served and the best Indian food I have had since moving to America 20 years ago. The service and the quality deserve more than five stars. Sam and his team deserve all of the accolades I can give them.

Sent on 12/13/2015

RAJEN · Married on 11/28/2015

It was an absolute pleasure working with Rajeev from Moghul and his team. I mean, from day one to our wedding day, Rajeev and his team made sure we had everything we needed for our special day and no details were too small. Everything was on point and just perfect. Everyone loved the food and raved about it. One of the best experience I ever had with a catering service. Thank you guys for making that night a beautiful one.

Sent on 12/06/2015

Ankur · Married on 10/03/2015

Hands down the best indian caterer available. Moghul did an amazing job with our food for our wedding and every single guest told us multiple times how much the loved the food. The variety and cost cannot be beaten. The catering manager was very professional and the servers did an amazing job.

Sent on 10/14/2015

Short: Wedding planning requires couples to work with a lot of vendors. When it comes to food, save yourself the trouble and just go with Moghul. They went ABOVE AND BEYOND on service, quality and variety. You and your family won’t be disappointed! Our Moghul contact, Rajeev, was amazing and a pleasure to work with!
    Long: Many of our recently-married friends had told us that most guests would walk away from the wedding remembering the food and to therefore make sure we found a great caterer. We ended up meeting Rajeev from Moghul and he was super friendly and answered many of our questions on the spot. At the tasting, Rajeev did a great job of pulling together a prelim menu which was a huge time-save (their catering book has so many options)! Rajeev also did a good job of suggesting items that would make both sides of our SriLankan and Guju families happy. Not many caterers would take the time to do that.
    Leading up to the wedding I second guessed my food selection but Rajeev promised everything would be ok and that he would deliver. And he did exactly that and more. Rajeev not only showed up to all our events but he made sure that everything ran smoothly and was up to standards. In the end, our guests ABSOLUTELY loved the food! Each dish at every single event was a hit. The quality, the variety, the presentation, the spice/salt level were all phenomenal. People are still talking about the food and the gulab jamun and asking for Rajeev's contact info.
    My recommendation to all future brides, if you are looking for an amazing caterer and want all your aunties and uncles complimenting you on your food (we didn’t hear one complaint!), then save yourself the trouble and just go with Moghul. Their price point may be slightly higher than others but it’s worth every single penny and it will make a HUGE difference at your wedding. Also, make sure you ask for Rajeev. He was definitely one of the best vendors we worked with throughout the process.

Sent on 12/08/2015

Dhara · Married on 07/18/2015

Excellent service and FOOD! We had them for our wedding, cocktail, and reception and we got compliments from all of our family and friends. The service was outstanding and everything was ready and warm at all times. The responsiveness of the team with all questions, suggestions, and considering all dietary needs for over 375 guests was exceptional. Highly recommend them for all your events!

Sent on 07/30/2015

Rhea · Married on 07/11/2015

They were excellent and the food was AMAZING! We had guests from all over the world and even different ethnicities yet each and every one loved the food and there was something to cater to everyone's taste buds! Sam (Sammeer Rajpal) worked with us from the food tasting all the way to finalizing our menu and did a great job at everything he recommended. If you plan to have S. Asian/Indian food at your event/wedding do not hesitate to go with Moghul. They are definitely the BEST in the NY tri-state area. We had non veg options in our menu and these were great including the fish.

Sent on 07/16/2015

Amazing experience. From food tasting to the finest details these guys are par excellence.
    Payal Mehta is by far the most professional and knowledgable catering manager I have come across. The events presentations,quality , timeliness and the most exquisite food tastes were all 5 star that did justice to the Waldorf Astoria NY venue.

Sent on 06/18/2015

Dakshay · Married on 05/15/2015

True professionals, and they know what kind of food people want/like. Innumerable choices, excellent food, superb presentation. Dimpy was amazing to work with. She made this process so easy and fun for us!

Highly recommended for ANY event!

Sent on 06/02/2015

Dimple did an outstanding job in organizing, recommending and finally executing the entire menu to perfection. Our guests were awed by the quality, taste and presentation of all items on both events. The constant feedback since the wedding from our friends and family has been that the food on both occasions was outstanding.
    Our compliments to the chef and his entire team who prepared the food.

Our grateful thanks to Dimple who coordinated both events under stressful and ever changing circumstances.

Please keep up the good work and we will not have any hesitation in recommending Mogul to all our friends and family.

Sent on 08/04/2014

Palak · Married on 06/21/2014

We hired Moghul to cater three of our events for our wedding. And I cannot tell you enough how amazing the food that was served at our events! We have gotten so many compliments on the food and some guests are even saying that it's the best they've had a wedding ever! Everything was on point.

We also wanted to send a special thank you to Manan who was there cooking up the delicious food. We were so glad that we got to meet him.

We also wanted to give Dimple a special shoutout. She went above and beyond to make sure our event went off without a hitch. She was AMAZING during our events and we are so glad that we were able to work with her. She made sure that we ate and that the families were happy!

Sent on 07/08/2014