Modernly Beautiful Makeup, LLC Reviews

Modernly Beautiful Makeup, LLC 6
Modernly Beautiful Makeup, LLC 7

Alecia Peterkin · Getting married on 11/08/2020

Wedding Make Up

I am not a make up person; however for my wedding I wanted to go all out with dressing up. I had an idea of what I wanted my make up to look up and I left the execution up to Dyneisha to execute and I was not disappointed at all. Everyone at my wedding loved the make up and loved how natural and refreshing it looked. Dyneisha is truly a professional and for sure knows her stuff. She makes you feel comfortable and ensure that the look is something you truly like. I recommend her to anyone who is hesitant, you will not be disappointment with her work.

Sent on 10/15/2019
  • Imani

Imani Orgill · Married on 10/12/2019

The best I could have asked for

Dyneisha set up a hair and makeup team that handled pale Irish to dark skinned ladies (and every shade in between) with hair that ranged from loose waves to tight curls to dreadlocks without missing a beat. Everyone not only looked amazing, but felt amazing. Our hair and makeup lasted through laughs, tears, & dancing without us having to use my extensive touch-up kit. All I had to do was refresh my lip gloss. I cannot recommend her enough.

Sent on 10/16/2019
  • Susan

Susan Dow · Married on 07/27/2019

Fantastic experience!!

Hiring Modernly Beautiful was one the best decisions I could have made for my wedding day. Dyneisha was wonderful to work with. She was very responsive and open to questions. Her pricing was reasonable. I met her for my wedding trial session and she put me totally at ease. I only gave her a few guidelines and she totally exceeded my expectations. On the day of the wedding Dyneisha did not even have to contact me. When I arrived to our get ready location she was already working away with zero concerns. She was kind and worked through my entire bridal party with little to no breaks. Her assistant was also very skilled. Everyone in my bridal party was very very happy with their makeup. It’s such a big part of the day. You want to look your absolute best and for me the makeup really helped me take my look to the next level. Dyneisha was an absolute pleasure to work with and I will definitely be contacting to have my makeup done in the future. Perhaps maternity next year? :)

Sent on 09/23/2019
    Modernly Beautiful Makeup, LLC 8
    Modernly Beautiful Makeup, LLC 9
    Modernly Beautiful Makeup, LLC 10
    Modernly Beautiful Makeup, LLC 11

Raylynn · Married on 11/03/2018

Dyneisha is Heaven Sent!

I met Dyneisha almost three years ago when my sister hired her to do her wedding day makeup. Since then, Dyneisha has truly become a part of our family - doing my mom, sister and my makeup for all of our special events. So, last year when I got engaged, I did not have to worry about who would do my makeup. I knew, Dyneisha was the right one as always! So many makeup artists are adamant of doing "their own thing". Dyneisha listens. She hears what look you want and she delivers. I had so many pre-wedding festivities and I made sure that Dyneisha was the one to assist in making me "Modernly Beautiful." She is such a joy to be around - always laughing and chatting, making you feel truly at home with her. Throughout my wedding planning process, I worries about hair and nails and attire but the one thing I never thought twice about - makeup. Why? Because I knew that Dyneisha would deliver as she always does. I tend to like a natural look. Dyneisha does a natural look so flawlessly. If you are getting married or have a special event, etc... book Dyneisha! I am so thankful that God placed her into my life. She truly is a blessing. Thank you, Dyneisha! Thank you!

Sent on 11/21/2018

Abena · Married on 08/19/2018

So where do I even begin. First off, I HIGHLY HIGHLY HIGHLY recommend Dyneisha from Modernly Beautiful Makeup!!!! She is so amazing!!! On time and very professional. She is really good at making you feel so comfortable with stepping out of your comfort zone and try new things but at the same time, respects what you want with your makeup and does not try to force you to do anything you do not want to do. Words can not describe how GORGEOUS my makeup was for my big day. Everyone complimented my bridesmaids, my mom, mother-in-law and I about how natural but still "beat" our makeup looked for the day. Please book her, you will not be sorry at all! I hope to work with her again in the future. She is amazing!!! :)

Honestly, if I could give more stars, I would lol

Sent on 09/11/2018

Miss · Married on 08/17/2018

Firstly I want to thank everyone who wrote reviews. Your comments encouraged me to reach out to Dyneisha for my bridal makeup. We had multiple trials before settling on the right products and look for my wedding. On the wedding day, she arrived on time with her assistant who was also very pleasant to work with. She was professional, courteous, polite and fast. My bridal party was very pleased with their looks and my face held up despite a very hot, outdoor wedding ceremony. I HIGHLY recommend her services and plan to work with her again.

Sent on 09/05/2018

Kimberly · Married on 08/11/2018

Wow! Where do I begin?. Dyneisha is by far/hands down one of the BEST makeup artist in the DMV area. Myself and my wedding party were EXTREMELY SATISFIED with our makeovers. Thank you Dyneisha for making my special day EXTRA special????

Sent on 09/05/2018
  • I

InDria · Married on 07/07/2018

A wonderful job, everyone felt glamorous and beautiful. Modernly Beautiful Make is definitely a permanent staple in my contacts and I'll absolutely be reaching out again. Thank you so much for making our day BEAUTIFUL!

Jenny · Married on 05/27/2018

Dyneisha was great! I showed her a couple photos of the style I liked for my wedding makeup, and she understood what I was looking for and put together a great look for me at our trial - conveniently at my house. We paused along the way to check out my preferences on level of shimmer, darkness of eye shadow, thickness of liner, etc. She took the time to make sure we got it right, and was extremely thorough and detail oriented. (I still don't understand all the various steps of application, but I could appreciate the outcome and have a new found appreciation for the term "makeup artist"!) She was punctual and responsive to emails. The day of went smoothly and I felt like I had picture ready makeup while still looking like myself. Thanks Dyneisha!

Sent on 09/04/2018

Lauren · Married on 04/20/2018

Dyneisha did a FANTASTIC job! I was so amazed with her make up ability. She is certainly a professional. She was timely and very good with feedback. She provided me an entire emergency kit that I didn't even have to touch because her make up was so flawless. She prepped me for a very hot and humid wedding day. She put something on my face so that my face would not sweat and believe it or not my face NEVER shed a drop of sweat! Everyone else was sweating, but not the bride! I got so many compliments about my make up and my hair as well. Dyneisha worked great with her hair lady Danielle. They were super kind and flexible with different styles as I changed my mind throughout the process. I HIGHLY recommend Dy! I could not have been more satisfied with my make up, thank you so much for making me feel beautiful on the happiest day of my life! :)

Modernly Beautiful Makeup, LLC 12
    Modernly Beautiful Makeup, LLC 13

LaNaisha · Married on 03/31/2018

Punctual,down to earth.. extremely knowledgeable, so caring! This women has a passion and has helped me and family during my wedding! I’m happy I’ve found her! ????

C · Married on 03/25/2018

My wedding was the first time I ever had anyone do my makeup professionally so I was already nervous as it was getting it done. Dyneisha did such an excellent job! With everything going on that day I was already stressed out as it was, but she was very patient with me and helped me keep a cool head while getting ready. I LOVED my makeup and received so many compliments from my guests on the work done! I would HIGHLY recommend her for anyone's wedding and/or event!

Sent on 08/13/2018

LaTonja · Married on 10/28/2017

Dyneisha and her assistant were top notch professionals, my make up was flawless and so natural looking. It was the perfect look I was going for. If you want the best make up artist, I highly recommend Modernly Beautiful Makeup.

Sent on 05/29/2018
    Modernly Beautiful Makeup, LLC 14

Rifka · Married on 10/07/2017

Dyneisha did such an amazing job with my makeup. It came out exactly how I imagined for my wedding day. Thank you!

Sent on 12/16/2017
    Modernly Beautiful Makeup, LLC 15
    Modernly Beautiful Makeup, LLC 16

Gochi · Married on 09/30/2017

From the jump she kept me at ease. I had a MUA lined up but had bailed two months out of my wedding and Dyneisha stepped in willing to help me out! When I sat for my consultation/trial run, it was like we were old pals- she made me feel very comfortable, which made me feel okay about really verbalizing my wants.

Day of the wedding, her and her assistant came ready to do work! I was thoroughly impressed. They were both so funny and I think all my bridesmaids, my mother, and now mother-in-law had a good time getting done up by them. And their talents were awesome (which I wasn't really surprised about because Dyneisha's portfolio speaks for itself!). They did up from light Caucasian to golden Latino to beautiful chocolate and ebony skin tones- everyone looked absolutely amazing! Talk about versatility!

But for real, most importantly, I. LOOKED. ABSOLUTELY. STUNNING!!! I've never felt so beautiful. My wedding day ended up having a major hiccup, but my makeup stayed flawless. There's a clip my brother captured where I just stopped dead in my tracks after catching my reflection and said "damn I look good!"- and ladies, when you look great, you feel great, and I think at the end of the day, major hiccup and all, I still felt awesome because I looked amazing and was marrying my best friend.

But I digress... just book Dyneisha now. I don't even know what you're waiting for!

PS- she gives you an awesome touch up kit (even some goodies to help varying skintones of your bridal party) but I swear my makeup was so flawless every moment of the 12hour day, I didn't even use it!

Sent on 11/06/2017
  • SomethingOrange

Leena · Married on 09/09/2017

Dyneisha was everything and more I could have asked for. Planning a wedding in MD all the way from Austin, TX was stressful enough. Dyneisha was able to work with me regardless of distance. She also sent me pictures beforehand to get an idea of the look I wanted. She made me feel super comfortable, and I was confident in booking her after our consult.

Flash forward to the day of the wedding, and she was my superhero. I was having a very stressful morning, as most brides do. Dyneisha was able to still keep me and my girls on track for makeup, as well as keep me focused. By the time it was my turn in her chair and everything that could go wrong was, she opted to play an ocean breeze soundtrack on her phone and instructed me to listen to nothing else but the waves. I took some deep breaths, leaned back, and let her do her magic.

I was a beautiful bride with amazing makeup. She even dabbed away my tears during mini-meltdowns. As a bonus, she had a touchup kit ready for later in the day! I cannot thank Dyneisha enough for her role in making my wedding absolutely perfect.

Sent on 12/17/2017

Shannon · Married on 09/01/2017

Dyneisha did an excellent job on the wedding makeup for me (the bride) and my Maid Of Honor. My MOH and I have different skin tones, eye color and hair color. I appreciate that Dyneisha took the time to craft really beautiful yet different looks for us. I don't really wear much makeup. I might put on foundation a dozen times a year. So, I appreciated that I still looked like me - glamorous me with eyes that popped and a beautiful wine lip- on my wedding day.

Dyneisha is also incredibly professional and personable. She explained everything she was going to do and how certain techniques/makeup would look on camera. She solicited my preferences and spoke to me to get a feel for what I wanted. Getting my makeup done was a no stress wedding day task and absolutely worth the (very reasonable) cost.

Sent on 11/11/2017

Ashley · Married on 07/29/2017

Dyneisha is a phenomenal MUA to work with. She actually takes her time and listens to her clients. This woman embodies the vision that you may have in mind for your event. I met Dyneisha over a year ago at my best friends wedding (I was the Maid of Honor) and she did my make-up, trust me when I said I was amazed and from that moment on, she has been the only MUA I call. Professional, punctual and ALWAYS a great person to share a laugh with. Looking back on our wedding day 7.27.17, I was absolutely stunning. When she gives a time schedule, she sticks with her timing and you are good to go. I not only requested her service for our wedding, but she has become my personal Make-Up Artist that I have for any other occassion I have going on i.e. Date Night, Gala or just because I want to look amazing. If you're looking for someone who will be the calm in the midst of a hectic but loved filled day, I recommend you contact Dyneisha, the owner of Modernly Beautiful Makeup, LLC. You will not be disappointed. Set those appointments FAST Ladies!

Sent on 11/06/2017
    Modernly Beautiful Makeup, LLC 17

Victoria · Married on 07/07/2017

Dyneshia did a fantastic job doing my bridal parties makeup and my makeup for my wedding on july 7th. She is very knowledgable about the world of makeup and was very patient with me when I had tons of questions regarding makeup and my obsession with my foundation matching my neck/chest. I would highly recommend her!

Sent on 07/14/2017

Edwina · Married on 07/03/2017

I love Modernly Beautiful! Dyneisha was amazing and gave me the confidence a bride needs on her day. The makeup lasted all night and I received a ton of compliments. Not to mention the it photographed very well. I highly recommend Modernly Beautiful to everyone who wants to look and feel their best!!!

Sent on 08/01/2017

artishia · Married on 06/09/2017

This was an amazing experience. DF did my make up for a photo shot and I feel in love with her work. I asked a month later could she do my makeup for my wedding. Not only did she say yes, but she was at my home at 6am. I don't know about many other MUA, but I doubt if I would have been able to get someone that early and to be that professional. Thanks so much.

Sent on 12/11/2017

Kayody · Married on 06/08/2017

Dyneisha has been amazing since our 1st conversation regarding markup for my wedding. She has been very accommodating, patient, and encouraging during the entire process. She took the time to explain each product and how they worked on each skin type, what works, what doesn't work, but ultimately allowed me to have the final say so :-). Couldn't have asked for a better makeup artist and/or make company. True professional! Much Appreciated!

Sent on 06/19/2017

Michelle · Married on 03/04/2017

Dyneisha’s work and professionalism are excellent and she’s easy to talk to. She took the time to explain the various steps of the make-up trial and educate me about skin health for the wedding day and beyond. She always arrived early to set-up and was ready to start on time for the trial and day of. She also built in enough time for everyone to get done up without feeling rushed. Dyneisha did an excellent job that lasted until the end of the night on myself and my very diverse wedding party. We all looked lovely without looking overdone. I definitely recommend her services and will happily use her again.

Sent on 06/12/2017

Victoria · Married on 12/17/2016

I recently worked with Modernly Beautiful as a vendor for a wedding that I coordinated. Before we connected, the bride was very impressed with her. Needless to say, I came to be impressed also. Modernly Beautiful is the whole package of professionalism with timely response, answering all of my questions and concerns, and producing an outstanding product/service. Dyneisha put my mind at ease knowing that she was a vendor that I did not have to worry about. She was able to give the bride exactly the look that she wanted for her special day! The bride and bridal party were so pleased. She is a professional and a very thorough vendor that I plan on working with in the near future. She absolutely delivers!

Sent on 01/18/2017

Joy · Married on 12/17/2016

Dy was AMAZING!! So professional, kind, and sweet-natured. She is also highly skilled. Also, she is very transparent and provided a detailed list of her service costs, which were very reasonable for myself, mother, and 6 bridesmaids. She was on-time for my makeup trial and wedding day (in which it was an ICE STORM). Everyone keeps telling me how beautiful our makeup was. Also, my Mother & bridesmaids keep taliking about how sweet and patient Dy was. I will be contacting her for an everday makeup tutorial soon. Thank you, Modernly Beautiful!! ❤❤❤

Sent on 07/11/2017