Modern Symphony Reviews

Modern Symphony 4
Modern Symphony 5
  • Cheyenne

Cheyenne · Married on 04/08/2017

I am so happy that Tim and his team were part of our big day. Tim was very responsive throughout the process and really helped make the wedding planning process a great experience. He gave tips, suggestions, insight, and overall a lot of support. He was able to make it to the rehearsal which was great to do a trial run of the music during the ceremony. The day of was fantastic and everything went off without any issues. I fully recommend Tim and his team! They were all very professional and made the night extremely fun. He had great music and everyone had a blast. For those on a budget, I know the price may seem a bit much but it is definitely worth it to have a professional make sure everything goes right on your big day. We went with the "uplighting" which definitely spruced up the venue and made it look fantastic. I highly, highly recommend Modern Symphony for your DJing needs!

Sent on 05/23/2017

Allison · Married on 04/01/2017

My husband and I highly recommend Tim and the staff at Modern Symphony. Tim was flexible and easy to work with. He was easy to reach by email or phone whenever we had questions or feedback. I wanted to plan a surprise song for my husband on our wedding day and Tim made the whole thing a breeze! I also appreciated that Tim and staff attended the rehearsal to practice the timing of the songs ahead of time. The guests loved the music as well and they played music that everyone could dance to. We purchased the gold package to have them available for the ceremony and reception and it was well worth it. Thanks, Tim!

Sent on 04/13/2017

Jennifer · Married on 03/25/2017

Modern Sympnthy was amazing! They went above and beyond to make my wedding & reception wonderful. Tim even came by to see if we needed drinks or refills. They did such an amazing job. They were flawless! I highly recommend them.

Sent on 03/29/2017

Amanda · Married on 03/18/2017

From day 1 Tim was sweet, easy to talk to and very willing to help! Throughout the entire planning process he was able to give me suggestions when I was unsure about what songs to choose for different parts of our wedding. He was flexible and even walked through the venue with us to make sure that we were on the same page with setup and lighting. All the way to the very end when we met just a few weeks before the wedding he was very organized an prepared for our big day. He made us feel confident that he had everything handled and came through beyond our expectations when the day finally came! His assistant, Junior was a huge help the day of the wedding as well and very professional and friendly! Many of our friends have used Tim as their DJ and it's because he's the best out there! I would definitely refer this company to anyone in a heartbeat! You guys rock... literally!! ????

Sent on 04/04/2017

Eric · Married on 03/11/2017

Tim and the crew of Modern Symphony are awesome! We did not have a coordinator and inturn, things were a bit stressful. Tim and his team truly supported us and the wedding was amazing. The music they chose for us (we asked them to), was perfect. Our wedding was a month ago and I still have family and friends telling me how great the wedding was and how the DJ's were on point. Thank you Tim and team for helping us have an unforgettable wedding. Eric and Estefania

Sent on 04/12/2017
  • Amanda

Amanda · Married on 01/07/2017

Let me start by saying that we totally love Tim, he was referred to us by a good friend and we were lucky to have him! Tim was super personable with my husband and I and all of our wedding guests. He definitely knew how to keep people on the dance floor and the party going. He was very professional and we totally appreciate everything that he did for us. He was very accommodating on our rainy wedding day, we had to set him up in a small corner and he made the best of it. I would recommend Tim to anyone and I will forever keep him in mind for any of my DJ needs.

Sent on 02/08/2017

Carissa · Married on 12/16/2016

Mark was the perfect fit for our wedding! We knew from the moment we sat down to meet with him for the first time. He made us feel important, he asked questions and made sure we were on the same page. He was not pushy in any way, but we knew we wanted to book him as soon as possible. He communicated with us throughout the entire process and gave great suggestions. I really appreciated his time to come to do a walk through of the venue a month before the wedding and he also came to our rehearsal the day before our wedding, because it was important to him to meet our friends and family before the big day. He is very personable and only wants the best for you. The day of our wedding, he kept the flow going and he helped me so much since I didn't have a wedding planner. We communicated the whole night, everything went super smooth. Thank you so much Mark for completing our perfect day!

Sent on 07/12/2017

Laura · Married on 11/17/2016

I could not have asked for a more attentive DJ, he really nailed it. He honestly helped guide along the ceremony and our day would not have been half as good without him, I really don't have enough good words to say. The music was spot on and the lighting was exactly what we had asked for, along with that Tim is such a nice guy and I'm glad he could be there with us on our wedding day.

Sent on 11/21/2016

Modern Symphony's reply:

Thank you so much for the kind words!

Lauren · Married on 11/11/2016

Tim and his team were absolutely awesome! I wanted a specific verse cut out of my song for walking down the aisle, and they made it happen seamlessly. For the dance party, we gave them a short list of songs we wanted played, and they did the rest! Our guests had so much fun, and the dance floor was never empty. He was also super professional to work with throughout the entire process, and a great value for what we got--he even does uplighting, which we took full advantage of for our outdoor venue and it totally transformed the place at night. The day went perfectly, and it was in large part thanks to Tim! Highly, highly recommend.

Sent on 12/06/2016

Jodee · Married on 10/23/2016

I had such a great experience working with Tim from Modern Symphony. We hired him to be our DJ after he worked a friends wedding, so I was lucky enough to witness his skills in person before my big day. Wedding planning can be so stressful and with each contact I had with Tim he helped me feel at ease. He was incredibly responsive (to my many emails), flexible, knowledgable, kind...and most of all a GREAT DJ. I can't recommend him enough! Thanks Tim!

Sent on 12/28/2016

Modern Symphony's reply:

Thank you for letting me have the privilege to be part of your special day!

Nikki · Married on 10/22/2016

Dj Tim was the absolute best! From the first time we met with him he made sure our wedding was exactly what we envisioned! The day of our wedding came and he did not disappoint!! He played amazing music all night and kept our dance floor packed!! We could not recommend him enough!

Sent on 10/23/2016

Toria · Married on 10/15/2016

Um, hi wedding wire? Is there a 6 star option? Because Tim went above and beyond on everything! He was at our rehearsal with our processional and recessional music (our wedding coordinator said was the first time she had ever had a DJ attend) and proceed to walk us through his entire plan for the evening! He took our WAY to extensive list of preferred songs (seriously my husband provided an excel file of 200 songs with play and don't play) and turned it into the most epic playlist that kept everyone on the dance floor for the entire night! He was very professional while MCing. No gimmicks, just on point communication to the guests. Not only did he do an amazing job as a DJ, he also assisted our wedding coordinator in saving our dance floor from giant puddles that were forming from the rain. Yup, it rained on our wedding day and Tim still through one heck of a dance party! I can't recommend him enough. If you want to have a professional MC and a dance party that won't stop, Tim is your guy!

Sent on 10/17/2016

Caleb · Married on 10/15/2016

Absolutely an amazing experience!!! Tim & Jr. are awesome!!!!!! Loved everything about it!!! If you are trying to find a DJ for your wedding look no further!! If you want a rocking party with great music Modern Symphony is the one to go to. My wife and I wouldn't change anything! In fact I would love to work with them again!!!

Sent on 05/16/2017

Stephanie · Married on 10/12/2016

Tim at Modern Symphony was AMAZING! He went above and beyond, and even came to our rehearsal so he could time our music perfectly, I definitely didn't expect him to do that, and was so wow'ed ! He kept the party moving made all our announcements and just really made our reception awesome! Plus he brought extra lighting for the dance floor to really make everything pop. Could not be more thrilled with Modern Symphony!

Sent on 04/27/2017

Shauna · Married on 10/08/2016

We had Mark Gonzalez and he was amazing! He answered all of our emails and phone calls quickly and had great suggestions when we asked questions. Our dance floor was full the whole time, including our 80 year old grandparents who had an awesome night. Mark did a wonderful job reading the crowd and keeping the music fun. And his price couldn't be beat!

Sent on 10/12/2016

Lorena · Married on 10/08/2016

I cannot say enough good things about my DJ. Tim Lopez of Modern Symphony was professional, easy to work with, flexible, hard-working, and overall, just amazing at his job. My coordinator (who I trusted) said she enjoyed working with him so I sought him out and was really glad that I did. The combination of my coordinator and Tim was perfect- they were flawless together. He was punctual-- always showed up impeccably dressed (and I hardly notice that kind of thing!), was the one to reach out to me to set up the walk-through, kept the dance floor packed, and above all, pronounced my name correctly--which made my day! I off-handedly told him how to pronounce my name since everyone my whole life has said it incorrectly and he made it a point to say it correctly on my wedding day (which I didn't really expect since EVERYONE gets it wrong). During the reception, many people on the dance floor told me that my DJ was awesome so I had to spread the love. Hire Tim, he truly does a good job and can be trusted to make your day as smooth as possible!

Sent on 10/17/2016

Leslie · Married on 09/24/2016

Well let me start off by saying how much I am thankful for having Tim dj my wedding!! My husband and I had the best time with all our family and friends... my husband personally is not a dancer, does not know how to dance, well Tim made him know he can dance! My husband danced all night! Not only did my husband dance but all his family did too, they're not dancers either... everyone enjoyed the night.. we enjoyed it... If i could plan my wedding all over again I would not hesitate to hire Tim again... I know he will be hired by me for sure again in the future! Thank you so much Tim! - the Valdovinos!

Sent on 10/18/2016

Tracy · Married on 09/03/2016

Mark was great! He even found an instrumental version of a song we wanted for the ceremony, which I didn't think existed. I highly recommend.

Sent on 12/23/2016

Erica · Married on 08/20/2016

Tim Dj'd this past weekend for my sister's wedding at The Elks! He was fantastic & he played all the right music to keep the crowd dancing all night long! He also arrived early to set up & he's such a very nice guy! I highly recommend him for your special events!

Sent on 08/25/2016

Carla · Married on 08/20/2016

Tim did such an amazing job for my wedding, he went above and beyond to make sure it was perfect. The music was great and the dance floor was always occupied, and more importantly he kept the wedding flowing and ON TIME!!!! He stuck with our timeline and was more professional then other DJs I've saw.
    Even when faced with obstacles he still managed to get the job done- we had an amazing monogram that definitely made our wedding venue more grand. There was issues with the placement and he did everything in his power to make sure it was how I wanted it. My husband was all for him since day one because "he seemed like a good guy." And that he is! We got our venue draped and he also provided the up lighting- he has a pretty big variety and we went with blush which made the venue that much prettier.
    His prices are not extreme rather realistic and I HIGHLY recommend him to any bride looking for professionalism as well as modernism-hence, MODERN Symphony. :)

Sent on 09/13/2016

Gretzen · Married on 08/20/2016

First impression(over the phone)- Mark Gonzales is passionate & charismatic. He had all the right answers to our questions, so we had to book right away! Mark promptly provided music suggestions the procession of the ceremony and helped with a template of our monogram. For our grand entrance we requested separate songs be played for our parents, sponsors, ring bearer, flower girls, groomsmen & bridesmaid pair, and us, the bride and groom. Mark made it work & it was big hit during our wedding! Our first meeting was at The Cypress Ridge Pavilion & also met his sweet assistant, Taylor. He scoped out the venue & noted where to set up his equipment. We could tell he wanted to be ready for our wedding. The week of the wedding we met to pay the balance & go over last minute details. Again, Mark was super nice & had great attention to detail. The third meeting was the wedding rehearsal. He helped with the placement of the monogram & we rehearsed our grand entrance. On our wedding day Mark was very professional as our MC/DJ. He played all the songs on our list during cocktail hour, dinner & kept the party going on the dance floor, which packed all the way up until the last song. Mark was not stationary MC standing near the DJ booth. He was interactive. He took it upon himself to personally go up to each table, & dismiss them for dinner. Mark was a key helper in keeping our wedding on schedule. The music & sound quality during the ceremony was perfect. There was no cutting in & out. This was consistent throughout the night. The uplighting was perfectly set up inside the pavilion & the monogram was the icing on the cake. The setup of where Mark had his equipment was never in the way.
    A lot of our friends & family complimented on how professional & nice Mark was at our wedding. His effort to help make everything go smoothly on our wedding day showed! Joey and I were very satisfied with the services provided. Thank you again Mark, Taylor, and Modern Symphony!

Sent on 09/21/2016

Lisa · Married on 08/20/2016

Steve is absolutely incredible!! Multiple people came up to me and my husband asking who our DJ was and how great he is! My husband had one stipulation for me for our wedding, that I can do whatever I want but the one thing he asked for was to just have an insanely fun dance party, and he definitely got that! You know how at every wedding there are a few dance songs where people kind of taper off because they are not that into it? That did not happen the entire night it was hit after hit, people were raging even people you wouldn't expect were out on the dance floor. Not trying to be bias but I think our wedding was the best one I have ever been too because of how great Steve is and the music he chose! I had a lot of little surprises throughout the wedding that I needed Steve's help on and he made sure he had exactly what I wanted and made 100% sure he understood how it was supposed to go in our meetings before the wedding. Steve made sure the whole wedding ran smoothly and would only go on to the next event if I gave him the go ahead which calmed my nerves! Best of all Steve is one of those people you have felt like you have known your entire life, an extremely comfortable person to be around, great personality! I am so happy that my husband and I chose Steve from Modern Symphony I don't think our wedding would have been even close to as awesome without him!

Sent on 09/16/2016

Pamela · Married on 08/06/2016

Tim was fantastic! I recommend him and his crew with no reservations and would use him again if the need arises. We booked him to DJ a small wedding at Graveyard Vineyards in San Miguel and couldn't have been more pleased or happy with the service he provided. We were not local, so had to handled everything via FaceTime and email and it was seamless. He even stuck to our 'do not play' list (much to the disappointment of a few of our guests) :)

What do people remember from all the weddings they attend? The dress? Nah, The flowers? Nah, The food? Nah, The drunk Aunt? Maybe, The Music? Always and we were successful on that front by booking with Modern Symphony. Every guest comment on how much fun they were having and had and didn't want the evening to end.

Best night ever!

Sent on 08/16/2016

Keri · Married on 07/30/2016

Mark Gonzales was our DJ at our wedding and he and his assistant were absolutely amazing! He was very accommodating from the time we first contacted him until the end of our wedding day. He was very flexible, easy to work with and professional. Mark showed up very early the day of the wedding to make sure everything was set up perfectly ensuring that the night ran smoothly. He kept the night moving along with all of the wedding activities and also played great music that everyone wanted to dance to until last call! We would highly recommend Mark for your Dj needs, you will not be disappointed. Thank again Mark for being such a huge part of our wedding, you are awesome and helped make our special day so much fun!

Sent on 08/09/2016

Christina · Married on 07/09/2016

Modern Symphony was an amazing DJ service. The owner Tim was such a big help with choosing the right music to play, I was absolutely nervous about the music I honestly think that was biggest thing . But with Tim I just gave him a list of my husband favorite music as well as mine and he had us dancing all night non stop. He did a wonderful job with our ceremony music too. He made that night unforgettable, I still have friends talk about it 3 months later. I also want to mention the lighting he provided was beautiful, my wedding was not decorated from the ceiling down but with his lighting services it made it seem so elegant and romantic like if I had. If I was to ever have an event or know of anyone that needed a DJ, Modern Symphony would be my first choice for recommendation.

Sent on 10/04/2016