Modern Symphony Reviews

Modern Symphony 7
  • Z

Zachary · Getting married on 11/05/2019

Call Steve

Steve did the best job! He made sure everyone was having the time of their life. Wouldn't have wanted anyone else for our wedding night!

Sent on 05/15/2019
  • Kaitlyn

Kaitlyn Hedstrom · Married on 09/28/2019

A Perfect Night

We cannot express how satisfied we were with Steve. During the planning process, he was very responsive and willing to help in any way. The wedding music went off without a hitch and the song selections definitely suited the crowd. Steve researched the genres we wanted and nailed it! He was flexible and able to get a song I hadn't planned on playing. We danced until the night ended.

Special thanks to Steve and his partner. We HIGHLY recommend Modern Symphony. They know what they are doing; from DJ'ing to MC'ing!

Sent on 09/30/2019
  • Shelly

Shelly · Married on 09/21/2019

Just hire Modern Symphony - DJ Mark is amazing!

We are so happy that we hired DJ Mark from Modern Symphony!! My husband is a self-described music snob and had very specific song choices/preferences for different parts of the evening - the song list we gave Mark was a bit intense with a few obscure things on there. Mark executed everything flawlessly while adding his own flair - that dance floor will never be the same! He also had the right equipment for our unique ceremony setup and did a great job as an MC keeping the night flowing and on schedule. Leading up to the wedding Mark was a pleasure to work with. He is a genuinely nice person that answered any of the questions we had very promptly - I never had to worry about him or the music during the planning process, which was such a relief!

Thanks for everything Mark, we got music compliments all night!

Sent on 09/25/2019
  • Cynthia

Cynthia Saldana · Married on 09/14/2019

Aaahhhhmazing!

Hands down the best decision I made for my wedding was to book with Modern Symphony. Tim & Junior are so professional and attentive. After my original dj cancelled 3 months before the wedding, I was freaking out that I wouldn’t be able to find a dj in the central coast. Luckily they were able to fit me in. They even surprised me at my rehearsal which was so helpful. It was such a blessing having them at my wedding. Junior was on top of everything and made sure everything was on schedule and very calm and gracious when not. He also kept everyone dancing. I honestly couldn’t leave the dance floor! It was a dream come true. Thank you guys for everything!

Sent on 09/15/2019

Rose Ferraro · Married on 09/14/2019

Incredible experience as DJ and MC

Steve was a complete professional. He required very little detail and was able to create exactly what we hoped for, based on some suggested songs we like. Our ceremony was beautiful and our dance floor was packed the entire night. Thank you Steve for delivering a perfect experience!

Sent on 09/17/2019

Eribaldo Uvias · Married on 09/14/2019

Above and Beyond Extraordinary

Couldnt imagine what our wedding would have been without Tim he made everything come together for us and was very attentive, went above and beyond in every way, was very flexible and understanding, made our special day incredible, definitely gotta have Tim on your corner👍🏻

Sent on 09/19/2019

Rachel Fishelberg · Married on 09/01/2019

Bride and Groom

Mark was amazing and really got the vibe of our wedding perfectly. He was very responsive to all emails and calls from us, and always had a good attitude to ny request that we had. He played music during our ceremony and during the receptionist along with lights that helped set the mood! Can't recommend him enough!

Sent on 09/15/2019
  • Veronica

Veronica Wickham · Married on 09/01/2019

10/10 would dance to again

Tim did an amazing job on our wedding on September 1, 2019. He was able to feel out the wedding and create amazing sets of songs for our guests based on a few songs I gave him for the ceremony! He was easy to communicate with, responsive, and friendly. We were blown away by how seamless everything went. Our guests had an amazing time on the dance floor and I even had a few guests reach out to me for his contact info to use at their wedding! I would absolutely recommend Tim and I am so happy he was able to make our wedding so special for us!

Sent on 09/18/2019

Kyle Holsworth · Married on 08/24/2019

Wedding DJ

Very professional, made things simple/easy, and did a great job on wedding day.

Sent on 09/09/2019

Annette · Married on 08/03/2019

Surpassed Our Expectations!

I could not have imagined our wedding without Tim. He went above and beyond considering we hired him as our DJ/Emcee, not a day-of wedding coordinator. He attended our wedding rehearsal and was a great help that day, making sure we knew what to do for the wedding. On the day of the wedding, he made sure to remind of us of our timing, made sure things ran smoothly, made sure we had a drink in our hand and even served us our dinner, making sure we were fed. Our first dance was magical due to his fog machine, it looked as if we were dancing on a cloud. I'll attach a photo below of how it looked. It's just an iPhone photo of it, but I love it. I cannot recommend him enough, Tim is so helpful and passionate, he really knows what he's doing and how to not only make sure your wedding is running smoothly but how to make it better than you could've imagined. My husband and I were amazed by Tim and his work, and our guests continue to tell us how much fun they had at our wedding. Although Tim was only given a handful of songs and a couple of genres we wanted to hear, there wasn't a song played that we didn't enjoy. We really were blown away by his work.

Sent on 08/22/2019
    Modern Symphony 8
  • Stephen

Stephen Wong · Married on 06/22/2019

Everything we could have asked for

We engaged with Modern Symphony over a year before our wedding. In the weeks leading up to the wedding, the DJ that was originally assigned to our wedding was unable to attend, but Steve stepped in and the transition was seamless. Steve was so incredibly flexible with our approach to our night. He handled everything so professionally and there was truly no hiccup. I have been to several weddings where there was strange feedback or issues during the ceremony, first dances, etc. and this was a huge fear. But thanks to Steve, the night went perfectly. We can't thank him enough for being a part of it.

Sent on 06/24/2019
  • Verenice

Verenice · Married on 05/25/2019

Magical night!

My husband and I had the pleasure of working with Tim. From the moment he smoothly played the very first song to ending the night with the most perfect song was truly magical. Tim is the most genuine and organized DJ we have met. I would definitely recommend him to family and friends.

Sent on 10/11/2019
  • Jen

Jen · Married on 05/18/2019

The best dj!

Hands down the best DJ we could have asked for. DJ Mark NEVER had one second when people were not dancing. He was so professional and on top of everything. Highly recommend him! Our wedding night wouldn’t have been the same without him!! Thanks again Mark! Pat and Jen Reilly 5-18-2019 P.S this picture was hours into dancing!! 😜

Sent on 06/25/2019
    Modern Symphony 9

Brandon and Heather Spreafico · Married on 05/18/2019

Tim is one of the best in the business!!

Having been in the wedding industry for almost 5 years I have had the pleasure of working with Tim many times in the past. When it came to choosing a DJ for my own wedding the decision was easy as I knew he was the man for the job. Tim is one of the hardest working guys in the industry and is extremely professional. He goes above and beyond as he will show up for your rehearsal and not just the day of the wedding. He also provided us with awesome uplighting inside the barn and a hologram on the barn, both of which were awesome surprises! We also were forced to move a bunch of our tables and chairs inside due to rain and Tim and his assistant were right there to help move things inside. The man goes above and beyond and is one heck of a DJ! The dance floor was packed and jammin all night! I would HIGHLY recommend Tim and cannot thank him enough for all that he did for us!!

Sent on 06/14/2019

Annie · Married on 05/04/2019

Amazing ! Such a fun wedding!

Dj Mark is great! He set aside time to come to our rehearsal, which was awesome! And he is so responsive! We had such a great time dancing at our wedding! Definitely recommend him!

Sent on 05/06/2019

Amanda · Married on 04/20/2019

Tim was great!

Tim read our crowd very well. We were concerned about our guests dancing because we had an older crowd, but Tim read the crowd and everyone was dancing the whole night! Highly reccomend!

Sent on 04/22/2019

Courtney Swink · Married on 04/05/2019

Excellent!

From beginning to end, Tim was so awesome. He was clear and communicative in the months leading up to the wedding and kept us on time and uplifted through out the event. He took the playlist of songs we sent him and created a wonderful playlist for the event, keeping everyone on the dance floor! Would highly recommend to DJ/MC any event.

Sent on 05/21/2019

Alex · Married on 03/30/2019

Beyond Amazing

Tim and his crew made our wedding night so special! From the ceremony to the grand exit, they were attentively making every moment a moment to never forget. His lights made our venue glow. They were so beautiful! He met with us before the wedding to go over our song selections and our time line to customize each moment and song to us. The dance floor was always full, giving our guest an atmosphere that they will never forget! I would 10/10 recommend Modern Symphony to entertain your next event!

Sent on 06/23/2019
    Modern Symphony 10
    Modern Symphony 11
    Modern Symphony 12
    Modern Symphony 13
    Modern Symphony 14
  • Jayna

Jayna · Married on 03/23/2019

We are so very pleased and couldn't have asked for a better experience. I will recommend Modern Symphony to everyone I meet!!!

Our experience with Modern Symphony was incredible from start to finish. Tim reached out to us multiple times to make sure things were the way we wanted them and was very responsive and easy to work with. Tim was so personable and always eager to make sure our experience was amazing - he truly went above and beyond for us. The music and lighting were on point and really set the overall mood for both the ceremony and reception, he did a great job doing exactly what we wanted, he listened to requests, he played the types of songs we wanted, and was just so very flexible. He was a great MC and even brought his own DJ booth that looked super cool and flowed with the reception decor.

Sent on 04/01/2019
    Modern Symphony 15

Tony Bluem · Married on 01/13/2019

Job well done

Had a phenomenal experience from beginning to end with Tim. As the bride's family member I worked with Tim since I live locally. He did an amazing job since both the bride and groom lived in another state. He was able to nail down every little thing they needed and it was seamless considering most interaction were just via email and phone calls. He was always available even dropping everything when the bride and groom had a small window to meet with him on a random day. Thank you again Tim!

Sent on 02/08/2019

Liz Mchale · Married on 11/03/2018

Our daughter's wedding.

Steve did a fabulous job being the DJ at our daughter's backyard wedding. He was wonderful assisting me in making sure evrything went smoothly and on time all the while playing great music. From the arrival of guests, the ceremony, cocktail hour, dinner hour and then the party celebration, the music played. The dance floor was never, never empty. Steve was able to keep the party rolling with great music, fun lighting and terrific service. Thank you!

Sent on 11/13/2018

Christopher · Married on 10/06/2018

Mark was a fantastic DJ for our wedding. Throughout the planning phase, he was very responsive to our questions and concerns. He made an effort to make sure the song list was being completed on a timely basis with email status reminders, which helped a lot. He came prepared with his DJ equipment, speakers, and wireless mics as well. Mark was a very professional and friendly person and easy to work with. Thank you for your support on our wedding day.

Sent on 10/12/2018

Tess · Married on 10/06/2018

Mark Was ON TOP OF IT! Amazing!

Mark was amazing! His response time while planning was incredible! He was seriously the most accommodating, kind and happy person we dealt with through the whole planning process of our wedding! Anything we asked of him he was on top of and made happen. He made our wedding night magical with his music and ambiance. Not to mention putting up with all of our guest's requests! We highly recommend Mark and would book him again in a second!

Sent on 10/30/2018

Amanda · Married on 09/29/2018

Tim and his staff were amazing! I would give 6/5 stars if I could. Tim was thoroughly helpful with making my wedding go off without a hitch. The entire day ran 100% on schedule, thanks to Tim. When it came time to dance, boy did my guests dance! My one request from him was to just get people dancing, and he delivered. Our dance floor was not empty during any part of the night. I would absolutely recommend modern symphony to anyone looking for a DJ for their wedding! So happy we hired them.

Sent on 10/12/2018

Courtney · Married on 09/22/2018

I could not imagine our wedding without Tim being apart of it! He exceeded all our expectations. He brought a team with him making it so easy for him to be accessible if we needed him ASAP! The team he brought was so helpful as well! We LOVED our experience with Tim and Modern Symphony. He is so easy to reach and always willing to answer any questions you have with a quick response! During rehearsal he brings a portable speaker with him making the rehearsal go so smooth and letting you and your wedding party know their time to walk! I would highly recommend Tim to anyone and everyone! We got the dry ice and a monogram from him and it seriously made the wedding and our guests have so much fun during the dry ice part and made for the perfect photo op! Thank you so much Tim!!!!

Love the DeBerti Family!