Modern Frames Photography Reviews

43 | Gaithersburg, MD

43 Reviews for Modern Frames Photography

Ashley Hensley · Married on 12/07/2019

Beyond Amazing!

Where do I begin?? If there was a way to give more than 5 stars, I would. Eric was amazing, to say the least. He did our engagement and wedding photos. To say he exceeded our expectations is an understatement in itself. I knew Eric was talented from looking at his work prior to working with him, but he blew us away. His work is a form of art and just unbelievable. I had so many people gushing over how much they loved our pictures. Aside from that, Eric is a pleasure to work with. His communication was easy and quick. He always got back to me right away and answered all my questions. He was very understanding of everything we wanted. We brought our dog to our engagement pictures and Eric was so patient working with us. For our wedding, Eric brought a second shooter, Alex who was also wonderful. They fit right in with our wild bunch. The selfie station Eric provided was a huge hit as well. I could go on and on and on about how great Eric is, but I think everyone should see for themselves. You won't regret it!

Sent on 10/04/2019
  • ChefKait

Kaitlin · Married on 12/07/2019

Tear and laughter filled memories

Eric is amazing. Period! Throughout the entire process of engagement photos and day-of photos, he communicated quickly and the quality of photos is mind-blowing! He is so fun to be around and so many of these photos I don't remember him taking, and really those are the best. His style really shines through in his work and so many of his photos really bring me back to that moment. I would 110% book him again if we ever have a reason for a photographer.

Sent on 01/02/2020
  • Michelle

michelle styczynski · Married on 11/02/2019

You want Eric to be at your wedding and you will most def want his photos!!

You should absolutely hire Eric. I found him through another photographer. I loved the lighting of his pictures and his journalist style. I chatted with him over FaceTime and hired him. I was only going off reviews and his pictures but WOW was it so worth it. Eric and our coordinator were by far the best vendors. I didn’t realize this but on your wedding day you spend a lot of time with your photographer. And so you want to make sure you’re with someone who is kind, professional and puts you at ease (esp if you normally don’t like getting your picture taken which is me and husband). Eric is 100% all of these things. Our officiant (who was my close childhood friend) even told me she would recommend Eric over her own wedding photographer. He was just that great to be around and most importantly his pictures are stunning. I couldn’t have asked for more!

Sent on 11/21/2019
  • Laura

Laura · Married on 10/26/2019

Absolutely amazing photographer!

Eric was so wonderful to work with, from beginning to end. From the moment I first contacted him, he was incredibly responsive and so enthusiastic. Throughout the whole year of planning, he consistently responded to any email, big or small, within the day (and usually within the hour!). He has a perfect combination of being laid back while also having this excited, contagious energy that makes him such a great addition to the wedding day. Most important of all, his photography is absolutely BEAUTIFUL. The way he frames photos and makes the colors come out is simply amazing. We did both engagement and wedding photos with him, and we have gotten so many compliments on how beautiful the photography was. He has an eye for small, meaningful, and fun/silly moments, and he caught so many things that I never would have noticed. We truly could not imagine anyone capturing our day more beautifully (and more accurately) than Eric. Oh! And he got all of our wedding pictures back to us less than TWO WEEKS after our wedding day - I think we got lucky and he happened to be caught up on all of his weddings, but still! We couldn't believe it! Thank you so much for everything!!

Sent on 11/25/2019
  • Victoria

Victoria Hicks · Married on 10/05/2019

So talented and very professional!

My husband and I worked with Eric from Modern Frames Photography for both our engagement and wedding photos. From the beginning and throughout the process, Eric was very (and so quickly!) responsive and SO nice! He was super flexible and understanding as we had to change dates for our winter engagement photo shoot a few times due to weather, and braved the cold along with us with the most positive attitude. He provided great guidance as to both static and dynamic poses and we got the most amazing pictures! Eric is so talented! All of our friends and family (and even friends of friends!) commented on how beautiful our photos were! I would highly recommend Eric to anyone! He's the best!

Sent on 10/31/2019

Ajay Jain · Married on 09/28/2019

When your photographer becomes a friend

Over the course of our relationship with Eric - from finding him on a deep instagram rabbit hole, to our initial interview when we spent 25% of the call talking about Harry Potter fandom, to our engagement shoot, day of photos, and then since - we went from clients to friends. He's incredibly personable, connects with people - your friends and family - and can capture the spirit of your wedding day perfectly. Every photo he took tells a different story of our wedding day, who we are as a couple, and who our community is. I cannot recommend Eric enough - you'll love your photos and will share them as much as you can without being obnoxious.

Sent on 04/10/2020

Liza · Married on 09/07/2019

Fantastic experience!

Eric was our favorite vendor out of all that we hired! From the very beginning, we easily connected with him and he made us feel comfortable with him and in front of the camera, which is not easy for two camera shy people :). Throughout the planning process and on the day of the wedding, we felt like Eric was more like a friend than a vendor. He was very professional, always responsive and did an amazing job on the photos. There are so many favorite pictures we have, it is very difficult to choose which ones we actually want to print. We highly recommend Eric and Modern Frames Photography to make your wedding photography process seamless and stress-free!

Sent on 11/10/2019

Christine Vu · Married on 09/01/2019

Incredible Photographer!

Incredible photographer! Eric is truly is wonderful to work with. He's extremely communicative and open to your photography ideas, and goes above and beyond when providing information about his services and answering your questions. Our friends and family had a wonderful time working with him (the boomerang photo booth was a H U G E hit), and he does a great job capturing and being in the moment with everyone. We couldn't be happier with the photos he took and would absolutely work with him again for other events.

Sent on 09/22/2019
  • Jessamy

Jessamy Julian · Married on 08/17/2019

Best photographic experience I have ever had.

Such a great experience. I met Eric at an expo on the University of Maryland campus. I loved the photos he had on display, they had an artistic element to them. I talked to my fiance and we decided to go with him for our engagement and wedding pictures. We enjoyed the engagement pictures, but we LOVED the wedding photo's (mostly because my makeup was professionally done). He was friendly, patient and we didn't even know he was snapping pictures.

Sent on 09/10/2019
  • Sarah

Sarah · Married on 07/14/2019

Modern Frames is AMAZING!

We got married this past summer at Liberty Mountain Resort. Eric did both our engagement and our wedding photography and we couldn't be happier with our photos and beautiful leather bound wedding album! Eric is VERY quick with his communication and responded to our emails often within minutes! Eric has a laid-back, relaxed personality which was great for working with us during the stress of planning a wedding. It put us at ease to know how quick he was to respond and that he always had suggestions for planning things (even outside the realm of photography!) Both of our families loved him and are still talking about how he danced the Wobble during the reception. They also loved the gif photo booth! We give Eric our highest recommendation to anyone who is looking for a wedding photographer in the Baltimore/DC area.

Sent on 06/28/2018

Joe · Married on 06/15/2019

My advice would be to look for the quality in both the product and the service. Eric exceeds at both, not only were the pictures he took top notch, but he was always quick to respond and easy to work with.

Sent on 07/17/2016
  • Natasha

Natasha · Married on 05/26/2019

Talented, Skilled and amazing photography team!

We worked with Eric and his associate Alex. They both were very professional, open minded and accommodating! Our pictures are going to be absolute amazing! We cannot wait to see them all!

Sent on 06/03/2019

Molly · Married on 10/13/2018

Great and affordable photographer!

We hired Eric as the photographer for our wedding and it was one of the best decisions we made! First, he is incredibly approachable and personable. He was so easy to get in touch with and follows through with everything he says he will do. Second, his photos are amazing and we are so grateful for the lifetime of memories we have because of his beautiful photography. Third, for how hard he works, he is so affordable. I highly recommend Eric to anyone who needs a professional photographer!

Sent on 11/17/2018

Ashley · Married on 10/06/2018

Eric was not available on my date but so kindly provided me with a long list of recommendations of other local photographers! Thank you!

Sent on 01/19/2018
  • The Rivas Wedding

The Rivas Wedding · Married on 09/23/2018

We just received our wedding photos and they are all beautiful!!! I must say that my wedding day was filled with a lot of rain but Eric took these photos like it never rained on my wedding day. The quality of his service, product, and professionalism is definitely top notch.

Sent on 10/06/2018

Modern Frames Photography's reply:

Thank you so much for this review, Shara!!! <3 You two are the best, and I am so happy for the both of you! Thank you for trusting me, and letting me be a part of your magical wedding day!!! :)

Stacey · Married on 09/15/2018

I won a free engagement session from Modern Frames Photography at a wedding show I went to. When I contacted Eric, he was so nice and never made me feel bad about any ideas I had. He communicated back to me quickly and seemed excited for my fiance and I. When we did our pictures, Eric drove over an hour to meet with us and did great work. I absolutely love his photography style and how he didn't make us do anything that didn't come naturally. I am looking forward to him photographing our wedding!

Sent on 09/19/2017

Molly · Married on 08/25/2018

Eric is WONDERFUL!! Truly love all of our pictures! Eric is so friendly and easy to work with. My husband and I had never had professional pictures taken before and Eric really helped us feel comfortable and at ease. We also love Eric's style -- he tells a story through his picture taking and that's what we loved the most. We Love all of our pictures from the posed family pictures (which he thankfully does not go overboard on) to the dancing pictures at the end of the night. There is not one picture that we are not impressed by.

Aside from the amazing pictures we received, Eric was so great to work with. He was easy-going and friendly. He made sure he was always present to capture a moment, but you didn't notice he was there. We are very please -- highly recommend!!

Sent on 09/25/2018

Melody · Married on 08/11/2018

Amazing photographer and an awesome person

Eric is amazing!!! Eric made us feel super comfortable in front of camera (even though neither my wife or I really likes having our photos taken!). Working with him felt like we were just hanging out with a friend we'd known for years. And we were SO happy with how the pictures turned out. They were really beautiful. Eric really went above and beyond. When we couldn't figure out how to tie a bowtie? Eric stepped in and saved the day. I really cannot recommend Eric enough.

Sent on 04/28/2019
  • Karen

Karen · Married on 07/06/2018

I learned of Eric when someone referred him to me. He was super responsive and fun in his email communications that I was certain I made the right choice. We didn't do a traditional wedding but rather a small backyard event and I was grateful that Eric was available and agreed to take our pics before, during and after our little ceremony. We absolutely love his work!!! I recommend Eric to anyone who is looking for a very talented photographer who is able to just mingle in the crowd like he is part of it. Everyone loved him at our event! THANK YOU ERIC!

Sent on 07/13/2018

Tal · Married on 03/25/2018

5 Stars isn't enough!! In less than a week Eric had the photos ready from our daughter's wedding. We connected the laptop to the TV, told Google Home to play 'wedding music' and started the slide show. For over an hour we laughed, we cried, we went awwwh and over and over again we commented on the amazing photos and moments captured. From the girls getting ready in the Bridal Suite to the First Look, through the Wedding and the party, they caught so many wonderful moments and angles and beautiful colors. We'll be able to re-live those moments over and over again thanks to Eric. Call them - You're going to be happy you did!

Sent on 04/08/2018

Keturah · Married on 12/31/2017

We HIGHLY recommend modern frames photography to anyone looking for a laid back/super talented photographer for their wedding. We planned our NYE wedding from across the country- I was nervous about choosing a photographer that I wasn't able to meet in person but from the initial conversation with Eric we felt so at ease! He was always easy to get a hold of during the planning process and made us feel like he was genuinely excited for any ideas or vision we had. His portfolio speaks for itself but we can't thank Eric enough for capturing everything from our emotional first look to our midnight NYE celebration!!!

Sent on 01/27/2018

Jenny · Married on 11/18/2017

My fiance and I chose Modern Frames Photography for our Wedding based on a friend's recommendation and their amazing portfolio! Our Wedding is not until November, but we recently received the photos from our Engagement session. Eric was so fun and enthusiastic the entire time in sweltering heat! He made us feel so comfortable and really got us even more excited! Also, he was super speedy and responsive with communicating and getting the photos back to us. The photos are A M A Z I N G - I am truly blown away! I am extra confident Eric will exceed our expectations again with the actual Wedding photos!

Sent on 06/26/2017

Kate · Married on 11/11/2017

Eric was amazing! We wanted someone that was passionate about photography but was also matched our personalities. We definitely got that with Modern Frames Photography. It was Eric's first time shooting at our venue but he got there early to look around, was open to any pictures we wanted (we took an awesome one on a rock wall), and wasn't in your face but got the shots we wanted. Eric had said it would be 4-6 weeks to get our pictures but delivered much sooner (and we were so excited to share with family and friends sooner than we thought). Our family and friends all loved Eric and he seemed to genuinely enjoy himself as well, it didn't seem like just another job to him. When we got our pictures we were amazed at how just one person could be everywhere! Looking at pictures of our ceremony seems like there were three of Eric. He got so many different shots but never once seemed like a distraction as he was moving around. Eric was perfect for us and we couldn't be happier with the end products.

Sent on 11/27/2017

Leslie · Married on 10/29/2017

Where do I begin? I first met Eric at The A Bridal Show in Reston. From the moment I met him, I was super excited and urgent to meet with him and learn about what he could offer my husband and I. We won a Free Engagement shoot and immediately reached out to him. He was very prompt and professional with his replies. He made my husband and I feel comfortable and we were assured we could trust him with our special day. So we booked him for our wedding! His portfolio was amazing and we could really feel his passion for photography and that's who we wanted to work with. We initially had a wedding date of 2018 but plans changed quickly and our wedding was pushed up a year. This was no sweat for Eric.

He and his wife both photographed our day and the shots were beautiful!!!! They came much sooner then he quoted which was a bonus. We loved that he gave us a sneak preview with a couple of photos, that had us anticipating our remaining photos. He even featured us on his blog with a few more shots and a couple of days later we had our photos. They exceeded our expectations. I'm still in awe at the beauty, work, and passion put in to capturing our day.

Thank you Modern Frames Photography for our making our day great!!! We will be working with you again really soon :) #MaternityShoot

Sent on 11/21/2017

Modern Frames Photography's reply:

This makes me so happy! We loved working with you both and getting to know your friends and family :) And you let us know when there's a bun in the oven!! <3 Thank you so so so so so much!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rachel · Married on 10/21/2017

We cannot say enough great things about this guy! Eric was a fantastic photographer, and really added something special to our day We first met with Eric for a meetup at a coffee shop in Maryland to discuss his company, pricing, and what we were looking for in a photographer. After a few cups of coffee, and an hour or so later, we knew was hired. Not only was his photography style what we were looking for, but he’s genuinely a cool guy to hang out with. When we first started planning I was a little skeptical about doing engagement photos, but I would HIGHLY recommend getting them done with Eric. We went to a rooftop in DC for the shoot, and it was so much fun! We wanted to go to a bar and take some more photos. The vibe and lighting unfortunately were not quite right, but we ended up hanging out for a drink and talking about life. We were so pumped for our big day, and after seeing the shots from the engagement shoot, we were even more stoked. Having the engagement session really let us see his style and what we could look forward to. On the big day it was great to work with Eric. He has a special way of being so much fun, but also unobtrusive to the group. He captures organic photos which really tells a story for your day. He was on the dance floor with us taking photos, and documented so many fun moments. When you’re in the whirlwind of a wedding, you miss so many moments, and I am so thankful that he was there to catch them. If you want beautiful photographs that really show the life and love of your special day, Eric with Modern Frames Photography is your guy! We look forward to working with him in the future on capturing many more important occasions throughout our lives.

Sent on 11/22/2017

Modern Frames Photography's reply:

OMG! This is so sweet! I am so touched and happy to read this. You highlighted exactly the things that are most important to me when I photograph a wedding and how I love to become friends with the couples who wedding and love story I am lucky enough to tell. ♥️♥️