36 Reviews for Modern Event Solutions

31 Modern Event Solutions Reviews

DJ Zimmie was incredible! Our guest loved him so much and we were impressed with how he was able to quickly understand our vibe after a few phone conversations, make helpful suggestions to the timeline and music (such as cutting the songs to make the timing make sense in our intro song and recessional) and keep the party going in a way that felt natural throughout the evening. We had a New Year's wedding and he helped give ideas on having a champagne toast at midnight and projected the ball drop. We heard about him after attending a friend's wedding and knew we had to try and have him for ours! After our wedding a friend also got his info for their wedding next year. Highly recommend!

Profile Picture Rebecca, 12/31/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Dj Zimmie did an amazing job at our wedding! The dance floor was packed the entire night with hit after hit playing. Made our wedding night!

Profile Picture Jocelyn, 6/10/17, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ

Fantastic DJ. Knew exactly how to read the room, and my guests were delighted.

Profile Picture RD, 6/3/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Modern Event Solutions knows how to throw a party! Dancing was our number one priority for our wedding reception, and DJ Zimmie kept the dance floor full until well past when our reception was scheduled to end.

We were so impressed with DJ Zimmie's responsiveness, professionalism, and expertise. A month later, we keep getting compliments on our dance party - all credit to DJ Zimmie!

Profile Picture Anne, 9/4/16, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ

Zimmie is the best! He was extremely professional and very detail oriented. He remembered every last song that I told him that I liked and our wedding guests were dancing all night long. We didn't want him to leave!

Profile Picture User5216483, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: DJ

You want to have the best dance party you've ever had at your wedding?! Great! Hire DJ Zimmie! We first saw him at our friend's wedding and immediately decided to hire him for ours. He expertly managed all the sound needs for our wedding and helped us think through the flow of how the party would go and kept that flow running perfectly. Somehow, I danced for three hours after my wedding and couldn't believe how quickly it passed, because DJ Zimmie's perfect DJing kept everyone dancing and moving. People raved about the party for months and we were over the moon happy about how it all went!

Profile Picture Mariana, 2/13/16, 1 Review
Category: DJ

DJ Zimmie is the definition of awesome. If you're looking to have the most amazing wedding that all of your friends and family will talk about and remember forever there is literally no better choice for a DJ. Zimmie has a super cool vibe that he brings to your event but is also SUPER professional, organized, and knows what he is doing. Zimmie took all of our quirky requests into consideration when laying out the plans for our event - he wanted to make sure that our wedding was a reflection of us. Not only did Zimmie pick and curate the perfect musical selections for the "party" portion of our evening but he coordinated lighting, sound, photography, setup, and videography with all of our other vendors. Most importantly - Zimmie can read a crowd - the dance floor was literally the most packed I've ever seen for a wedding the ENTIRE night (dancing started at 10pm and went until 2am) - people were dancing all the way back to the bar. Everyone at our wedding kept asking us "where did you find this guy??" If you want to have a wedding where everyone has the best time and talks about it forever - go with Zimmie.

Profile Picture George, 12/31/15, 1 Review
4.3

My husband and I were very pleased with DJ Zimmie! We couldn't have asked for a better DJ/MC to participate in our wedding. And if we ever have an event that we need a DJ for, we wouldn't hesitate to call DJ Zimmie again. Thanks again Zimmie, for everything. (:

Profile Picture User6019595, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: DJ

DJ Zimmie put on one hell of dance party at our amazing wedding—which was incredibly important to us at the outset of all our planning. We’d been to too many other weddings where the reception just fell flat and were determined to avoid this at all costs. We live in LA but DJ Zimmie made himself available to us by Skype and email so we were able to communicate with him at all points in the process, and when we were able to get up to Portland prior to the big day, he made sure we could meet in person and give us everything we needed. We are, admittedly, let’s say “opinionated,” but DJ Zimmie was totally open to our ideas and accommodating to our preferences. The dance party was great and our guests had so much fun-- but that's not the only reason we're so grateful we hired him. Our ceremony unfolded like a live theater performance, with lighting cues, sound cues, and video cues, and they all had to be executed precisely from a rather complicated tech booth in our venue, with only minutes of rehearsal time. DJ Zimmie, in addition to providing the music for the dance party (and the cocktail hour, and the dinner, all in separate spaces in our venue) was the one who served as our technician as well. We were very worried beforehand, but DJ Zimmie put us totally at ease and gave us complete confidence that everything would transpire how we envisioned it, without a hitch-- and that's exactly what happened. I honestly don’t know how we would’ve done it all without him.

Profile Picture Daniel, 9/6/15, 1 Review
Category: DJ

We loved working with DJ Zimmie. From our first meeting, to our e-mail correspondence leading up to the wedding, to the day-of he was always professional, responsive, and very easy to work with. And the music he played was perfect! Our wedding was on a summer afternoon on a 95 degree day and despite the heat, he had our guests of all ages up and dancing all afternoon. So many of our friends told us how much they loved the music!

Profile Picture Dani, 8/1/15, 7 Reviews
Category: DJ

As we started the planning process for our wedding, one of our biggest priorities was having a great DJ and lively dance floor at the reception. After attending several weddings and an unfortunate work event with dance floors that never quite got off the ground, we wanted to make sure we had the right person to help us get the party started, and most importantly, keep the party going.

Our wedding planner connected us to DJ Zimmie, who stood head and shoulders (figuratively and literally) above the other DJs we had been introduced to. DJ Zimmie arrived early to our first meeting, sought to understand our musical taste and vision for our wedding and reception, and continued this level of professionalism over the next five months. We asked questions about how he could help get the dance floor going, and he had several great ideas to help us get what we wanted. He also invited us out to a show he was doing that night to listen to his skills, and we were very impressed with his abilities to mix and transition from song to song. At the wedding and reception, he did not hog the mic or lead any awkward games to identify who has been married the longest. He spoke at the right times, and actively managed the crowd with great choices in music. Several people came up to us at the reception asking us asking us where we found him and commenting on his ability to mix songs and manage a dance floor. We are so happy with our reception thanks to all the great work and obvious talent DJ Zimmie has for his craft.

Profile Picture Philip, 7/3/15, 1 Review
Category: DJ

We hired DJ Zimmie on a recommendation from another vendor, never having even met him in person until our wedding night. He was extremely responsive via email throughout the planning process, offering to get on Skype with us when necessary and providing some really good suggestions on our timeline for the day. The day of the wedding, he was there early, checked in with everyone and then threw an absolutely killer party. I've never seen a DJ read a crowd better -- we had 150 people on the dance floor for 2.5 solid hours. Three weeks later, we are still getting compliments on our DJ from guests old and young. In fact, another couple at our wedding liked him so much they've now reached out to him about their celebration. I've genuinely never seen people have more fun at a wedding and I think Zimmie set the whole tone. LOVED that he is not your typical cheesy wedding DJ -- he wasn't on the mic unnecessarily throughout the night and we avoided all the terrible wedding dance traditions (i.e. the chicken dance). We like to think we have pretty eclectic music taste and there wasn't a song that he played that I wasn't thrilled to dance to. He was mixing his own music on the spot too! Absolutely could not recommend him more and I think his prices were a steal for someone of his talent level.

Profile Picture Ali, 5/30/15, 1 Review
Category: DJ

I can't begin to explain the magnitude of how important DJ Zimmie was at our wedding... My friends originally had planned on taking care of our musical needs by hiring a different DJ, but due to an unforeseen event, he had to cancel. In his sincere effort to remedy my musical vacancy, he offered Zimmie as a substitute.

We live in L.A. and were unable to meet face to face due to the fact Zimmie lives in Portland. This of course left us slightly terrified, but we trusted that we were in good hands due to his professional manner and musical knowledge.

The day of our wedding was magical and I can't imagine that being the case with any other DJ. First off, Zimmie was early. He set up shop and I was finally able to put a face to the name. I am kind of a weirdo when it comes to music. Until I realized that Zimmie was a bigger weirdo and much further advanced in both technique and knowledge, I had wished I could be the groom AND the DJ.

Just before the ceremony I talked with Zimmie to explain songs and timing. After my third visit he waited till I was finished and calmly told me, "don't worry man, just go get married." It probably doesn't read as gentle and relieving as it was, but I promise you, it was precisely what I needed to hear.

The ceremony and the reception that followed were as close to perfect as one could hope. Our guest list was quite diverse, both in general and musically, as I'm sure most weddings are. Practically EVERY guest complimented us and Zimmie directly on his selection. And let's not forget to mention, his MC skills!!! Appropriate, comedic, and classy.

Do NOT leave your once in a lifetime event in the hands of chance... Make the best decision you can and invite the man of the hour (not a definitive length depending on your particular event), DJ ZIMMIE!

Profile Picture Richard, 11/5/14, 1 Review

DJ Zimmie was WONDERFUL.

During the craziness of planning a wedding, he was one of the easiest vendors to work with. He gave some great ideas and is just very likable! At the event, he handled everything from the ceremony to cocktail hour to the reception, and kept the party going the entire time. He got input from us before the big day (bringing up things we hadn't even thought of), and once the day came he controlled the whole schedule for us - the cake cutting to the first dance, etc. He made everything a breeze! The dance floor was packed the entire night. We simply could not have asked for a better DJ or experience.

Thank you DJ Zimmie!!

Profile Picture Erin & Steve, 10/4/14, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ

DJ Zimmie was a pleasure to work with from beginning to end. He was organized and thoughtful... if we told him something about our preferences, he noted it and didn't need to be reminded.

On the day of the wedding, DJ Zimmie was professional and pleasant and he came through with everything we asked for. Our guests LOVED the music... DJ Zimmie did an amazing job reading the crowd and keeping the party going throughout the night. We loved every minute of his work and absolutely recommend DJ Zimmie for any type of event!

Profile Picture Kate, 9/20/14, 3 Reviews
Category: DJ

DJ Zimmie and Modern Event Solutions could not have been better.

Zimmie was so flexible about how we communicated in the preceding months, enabling us to email anything from long lists to random thoughts, and he always provided thoughtful responses.

He totally understood the tastes we prefer and the vibe(s) we had in mind, even when we totally pivoted away from the one piece of guidance we gave him in our initial discussion.

Zimmie knew just what to play -- and what to NOT play. He did a *phenomenal* job of knowing when to honor requests from the audience and when to...acknowledge them and then put them aside. This was both in accordance with the "blacklist" of no-no's we provided but also, more broadly, based on his own judgment. We agreed with every call he made.

We needed some very tight coordination around our first dance, and Zimmie was on point. After that, we just wanted things to be as festive and high-energy as possible throughout, and Zimmie delivered on that 100%.

We could not have been happier with what Zimmie brought to our wedding. As we look back, we wish we could have our wedding again every month...in that dream scenario, we would be happy to use DJ Zimmie every time.

Profile Picture G, 8/23/14, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Finding the right DJ was the number one priority for our wedding celebration. We had been to other weddings with obnoxious DJs that really brought down the enjoyment of the reception. We wanted a DJ that would not talk too much and really knew how to read the crowd and get everyone on the dance floor. DJ Zimmie did just that! We could not be happier with our choice! Thank you!!!

Profile Picture Sarah , 7/27/14, 5 Reviews
Category: DJ

I can't stress enough how much different and dull my wedding would have been without DJ Zimmie. He so incredibly understood and delivered exactly what we asked for and what we didn't ask for. We knew we didn't want the typical wedding music with the Sinatra, Martin, etc. My husband and I love 90's hip-hop, we both have been working in bars/clubs since that era so we wanted music to reflect one of the things that we bonded over. He played non-explicit samples from explicit songs that we all know and love. He read the crowd and gave them what they wanted and always kept us surprised with what came next. It was the best music I've heard at a wedding and so many of my guests agreed, one of which is a wedding DJ herself.

Zimmie is a great person, a talented DJ, and he should probably just have a PhD in music. We are already talking about sending him a deposit for our kids' graduation parties.

Profile Picture Lindsay, 7/19/14, 4 Reviews
Category: DJ

DJ Zimmie was the BEST. Super responsive to communication leading up to the wedding, and during the event he ROCKED it. He incorporated our requests (e.g. '90's hip-hop vs top 40), but also accurately read the crowd and played crowd pleasers when needed. He mixes like a master - not simply playing one song after another that "go together", but blending songs across genres together and building an absolute dance frenzy. We have 0 negative feedback. Go with Zimmie - you won't be disappointed.

Profile Picture User4461611, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: DJ

DJ Zimmie was, hands down, the most reliable and professional part of my wedding. Even after one meeting with him, my husband and I knew that we wouldn't have to worry about our reception! He had that thing on lock down. As far as the fun goes, holy crap. From the first song to the last, the dance floor was bumping. Every song he played was a hit. Best part of our reception, hands down. Thank you!!! My only regret is that it took me so long to write this review.

Profile Picture Maddie, 4/26/14, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Very personable and professional. We were very pleased with the music (as were our guests) and we didn't give DJ Zimmie a whole lot to work with, so we were impressed! We would highly recommend him for any occasion that requires good music and a good time!

Profile Picture Ryan, 3/8/14, 1 Review
Category: DJ

We could not have asked for a better DJ for our wedding! We wanted our wedding to have a party atmosphere and we wanted our guests to stay out on the dance floor all night. With DJ Zimmie both became a reality. His music selection was outstanding and he had all of the generations out on the dance floor! Not only is DJ Zimmie an amazing DJ, he is also organized and professional. He took the time to get to know us, as well as provided us with feedback and recommendations to make our night one to remember! We highly recommend using DJ Zimmie for any wedding or event. Our guests are still talking about how great the music was!

Profile Picture Aubrey, 11/23/13, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Zimmie was probably the best thing that happened to our wedding. He turned it from a beautiful day into the party atmosphere I didn't think we'd manage. It took him about two songs to figure out his crowd and from there, the dance floor was packed. He didn't play the whole song - just the best parts - which kept the music flowing and people interested. Even his music through dinner was exactly what we asked for: eclectic and mildly odd. He was also easy to communicate with and always got back to us right away.

Profile Picture Kate, 8/24/13, 1 Review
Category: DJ

As an event coordinator for over 5 years, I have certainly seen my share of DJs. Without a doubt, my first recommendation is always DJ Zimmie. His impressive knowledge of music and crowd pleasing ability is certain to entertain your guests for the duration of your event. Attention to detail and smooth transitions throughout the night only add to his appeal. DJ Zimmie is an expert in his field and with his state of the art equipment and exceptional personality, he shines well above the rest!

Profile Picture Gina, 7/13/13, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Throughout the wedding planning process, it becomes easy to recognize whether or not vendors are suited to help make your wedding a memorable day. About fifteen minutes into our initial meeting, we knew DJ Zimmie was the man for the job. He asked all of the right questions and we were confident that he understood our vision. He was easy to work with, extremely organized and even last minute requests/changes were taken in stride.

We wanted the night to feel more like a party with old school tracks and Zimmie crushed it. He was able to annouce the wedding formalities without sounding like your typical wedding DJ, who can sometimes own the spotlight. Our dance floor was packed the entire time and our guests are still talking about how amazing the music was. Had we not had to end at 11 p.m., we're sure our guests would have kept dancing until the sun came up. We highly recommend Zimmie for every wedding in the world!

Jamie + Jason