Modern Brides Reviews

Modern Brides 1
Modern Brides 2

Kaitlyn Giesy · Married on 01/06/2019

Outstanding Bridal Shop

Modern Brides has a wonderful selection of unique dresses. I had looked at several other places before finding exactly what I wanted here. The entire staff is amazing. Everyone was so kind and helpful. I am a very particular person, and Pat was so patient and willing to work with me until we got my dress exactly how I wanted it. I highly recommend this place!

Sent on 05/23/2019
  • OldSchoolKindaLove

Kirsten · Married on 09/29/2018

I couldn't be more pleased with the service I received at Modern Brides. Haley was my consultant and she was so easy to work with. Modern Brides was the first store I went to when shopping for my wedding dress, because I found my Senior Prom dress there. However, like most brides I had 30+ pictures of beautiful dresses, but once I put them on I didn't like the style. After a quick trip to Nashville I called and made a secondary appointment with Haley at Modern Brides and I found my PERFECT dress. I walked in and told Haley what style I was looking for and she immediately began pulling dresses for me to try on including the two dresses which I liked the first time just to be sure. The best part is I was able to find my dress without going over my budget, so now I can use the remaining funds to use elsewhere.

I highly recommend Modern Brides, for all your formal needs. They have helped me tremendously with both my prom and wedding dress and I have never once left disappointed in service or selection.

Sent on 02/27/2018
  • Rachel

Rachel · Married on 09/16/2017

I have been a customer of Modern Brides since high school, over 10 years now. Even after moving from the Huntsville area, I've come back here to shop for formal events. I always feel welcomed by the staff. The girls are so cheerful and helpful! I never feel rushed or like I'm being too much trouble. When I first was engaged, I thought it would be easier to purchase my gown from a shop in my current city of Nashville. After visiting nearly 10 bridal shops in Nashville, I came to Modern Brides. And I regret not going here first like I usually do!!! They made the experience so easy for this out of town bride! I walked in with a specific vision in my head. After trying on several gowns, I off handedly mentioned to Mrs. Pat that I really wanted a specific look that I was frustrated I couldn’t find because it was not a very popular style. She was quick to respond with an idea that we might be able to ask for the top of one dress and the bottom of another dress from the manufacturer. First thing the following Monday, I received the call from her about my DREAM DRESS! Because of the manufacturer's ability to create custom fabric patterns, the team at Modern Bride was able to give me the neck line and cut of the dress I was dreaming of! They, also, accommodated my group of 10 for viewing of my dress arrival and helped me select the perfect veil to match. Alterations were easy to schedule and flawlessly executed. They would not let me take my dress until I was 100% satisfied with their work! So sweet!

Everyone I've encountered at this shop is kind, knowledgeable, and very easy to work with. Their selection is amazing for bridal, bridesmaid, and formal events. I look forward to continuing my business with the Modern Brides team. Thank you, ladies!!

Sent on 10/03/2017
    Modern Brides 3

Modern Brides's reply:

Sweet, Rachel! Thank you so much for your loving review. You and your family are SUCH a joy to work with. We thoroughly enjoyed creating your customized gown and it was incredibly beautiful! We also can not forget to mention your gorgeous beaded veil. You were a DREAM on your wedding day! Thank you so much again. We love you and wish you and your husband a lifetime of happiness!

Highly recommend Modern Brides! The consultants were all very helpful, encouraging, and cheerful. This was an amazing experience for me and my guest. I found my dress, under budget and loved every second of my time in the store! I loved that they had me browse around first and show them the dresses I liked and then the consultant pulled dresses that complimented the style I was going for.

Sent on 09/01/2015

Mickala · Married on 03/13/2016

Modern Brides provided tuxedos for the groomsmen and our adorable herald for our destination wedding in Miami, Florida! Wide selection, reasonable prices. We had enough time to get the menswear back to Huntsville without incurring additional charges. Highly recommend!

Sent on 04/17/2016

Modern Brides has been a dream to work with. My wedding gown and bridesmaid dresses and grandmother's dress were all purchased from Modern Brides and they have gone far above and beyond in making sure everything was perfect for each dress! I highly recommend Modern Brides, they truly deserve more than 5 stars

Sent on 02/21/2015

I would recommend Modern Brides to anyone looking for a wedding dress! They are so friendly and helpful. I went in thinking that I was just going to look at dresses and found the perfect dress within my budget! Every time I have been in there everyone is so welcoming. They do not have that stuffy atmosphere that some shops have, they make you feel comfortable so that it is a great experience for everyone in your party. I also never felt pushed or rushed in my decision. If you are in need of a dress in the Huntsville area, visit Modern Brides!

Sent on 02/07/2015

I wasn't able to purchase my wedding dress from Modern Brides, but I did use their alterations department and was very pleased with the quality and the efficiency of their work! The staff was very helpful & pleasant to work with!

Sent on 05/05/2015

Jessica · Married on 10/04/2014

We bought my dress, the bridesmaids' dresses, and rented the tuxes from Modern Brides. They were excellent to work with. When I tried on dresses, I went on a Wednesday in the middle of the day and tried on 20-30 dresses. They had no problems with that since they had no other clients there. My husband was concerned about his tux not fitting after a bad experience being a groomsman. They ensured that he looked absolutely amazing in his tux and he had no worries or concerns. They remembered me by name even when I stopped by unexpectedly which always made me feel welcome.

My final alterations appointment was not until the week of which could be nerve-wracking for some brides. I actually liked that though. Overall, I would highly suggest Modern Brides.

Sent on 10/18/2014

Misty · Married on 10/04/2014

Everything about Modern Brides is a joy! Lindsey and Mallory are wonderful!!! Their dress selection is top notch. The alterations Pat makes are nothing short of magic. I had the best experience I can imagine selecting my dress from Modern Brides!

Sent on 05/03/2015

I would highly recommend Modern Brides for everything for your wedding to be complete! When searching for "the one" I was able to choose my own dresses in a relax enviroment. The entire staff made it a very easy and fun throughout my entire planning process. The mens tuxes looked great & matched perfect with my bridesmaids. My alterations were done quickly, within weeks from my portraits. Couldn't have asked for better service. Amazing!

Sent on 08/20/2013

I went to Modern Brides after a visit to chain wedding dress store left me dissatisfied. It was great because I got to go around the store and pick out my own dresses. I can't remember how many I picked out, I got to try on every single one without feeling like I was taking too much time. The person helping me, Mallory, was extremely helpful, patient, and gave great opinions since I initially visited the store alone. Once I came back with my mom & future sister, I tried on even more dresses due to my indecisiveness. I found my dream dress day and I am so thankful for the patience of everyone those two days I visited!

Sent on 07/03/2013

Stacey · Married on 11/09/2013

These ladies were a joy to work with. I went to two places, knowing I had to get a dress that same day and the girl pulling dresses for me was awesome. I went to another place before coming here and was so upset and disappointed with the service I wasn't in a good mood when I walked in to MB. My mood changed quickly just because of the knowledge the girls had in what was in the shop and by knowing exactly what I wanted. My dress was perfect! I had the alterations done here as well and she really knew what needed to be done to it to make it look amazing on me. They also have wonderful accessories and I found the perfect sash and hair comb that added that extra touch to match my dress. These ladies were true professionals and a pleasure to work with.

Sent on 11/11/2013
  • User3412020 · 2+ years ago

Very honest people!!! :) :)
    Good value!!

Sent on 07/22/2013

Michelle · Married on 09/06/2013

My wedding dress and my bridesmaids dresses were perfect! I love the staff too...everyone that works there is so sweet!!

Sent on 09/16/2013
  • Laura Beth

Laura Beth · Married on 07/27/2013

Great atmosphere, great prices, and the people there are so nice. I never felt hurried or forced into making a decision. They made the whole dress process easy and relaxing!

Sent on 09/14/2013

Erin · Married on 06/30/2013

I cannot say enough good things about Modern Brides and all the girls up there! They're amazing! My grandmother and I have been in their store on numerous occasions, and they have always been so sweet and so helpful. I bought my prom dress, formal dress, and wedding dress from them, and I couldn't have been more pleased with anything! I literally walked into the store and walked out with my fitted wedding dress within 2 weeks with no worries or complications. Love, love, LOVE these girls and I would highly recommend them to anyone (I already do!)!

Sent on 07/12/2013

Pat was the most personable and helpful to work with. Both her and her assistants were excellent at putting together my dress and my attendants dresses. The precious people at Modern Brides will always be at the top of my list of who to help you with your special event!!!
    Lovingly,
    Stephanie Hogan-Sims

Sent on 07/08/2013

Carol · Married on 12/28/2012

I looked everywhere for a dress before arriving at Modern Brides. I actually thought I wasn't going to find one I liked in my budget. I had a certain style in mind and I was set in my ways but nothing looked like what I wanted. At Modern Brides the girls who helped me pulled a lot of dresses like what I said I liked but they also pulled some outside of my comfort zone. The dress I ended up buying was nothing like what I thought I would want but they chose it for me based on body type and they were spot on. I was so happy with my dress and I was so happy with the fitting process following. They had to alter the hem slightly and added some cups to the tops so my chest would look fuller but I was so pleased with the results! The dress fit perfectly! I felt like the girls who worked there could be my friends, they were so down to earth. They seemed excited for me and for my wedding and it didn't feel like all business. I would definatley recommend them. It is a small shop but they have lots to choose from!

Sent on 01/16/2013

Clare · Married on 09/21/2012

What a great staff at Modern Brides! Selena was so nice to us, and always very helpful when we'd call with questions. We never felt rushed, and the whole staff was attentive. We did try other stores before deciding on MB and have said many times amongst ourselves that we are so glad we picked Modern Brides. It's a peaceful experience - definitely not like you get at some of the bigger chain stores. Ms. Pat, the owner, did a perfect job with the alterations. They were even kind enough to let my daughter get dressed for her big day at the store so Selena could lace her up perfectly! Even with guidance we would have never gotten it to look that nice. We ordered our bridesmaids dresses from them at reasonable prices. BTW, they put on a great Bridal Show, too, in January if you're just getting started with your planning -- definitely the best of the shows in Huntsville. Highly recommend!!!

Sent on 09/28/2012
  • User3205600 · 2+ years ago

LOVE LOVE LOVE this place, used them for every part of my wedding! they are AMAZING!

Sent on 08/05/2013

Kirsten · Married on 07/28/2012

I found my dress at Modern Brides after searching a few different places in North Alabama and Mississippi. I only had a few things I wanted in a dress but couldn't seem to find 1 dress with everything..until I found my dress at Modern Brides. It was everything I was looking for and more. Everyone was wonderful to work with!

Sent on 07/03/2013

Victoria · Married on 07/28/2012

The ladies at Modern Brides were absolutely wonderful! I have and will continue to recommend them time and time again!

Sent on 07/22/2013

Hayley · Married on 05/26/2012

The staff were very sweet and easy to work with. I found an amazing deal on my Allure Couture dress. I would highly recommend Modern Brides to any future bride.

Sent on 07/07/2013

Stephanie · Married on 11/19/2011

We got all of our attire at Modern Brides: my dress, my groom's tux, the bridesmaids dresses, and the groomsmen's tuxes. The staff is wonderful! One out-of-town groomsman had a slight issue with his tux on Friday, but they quickly got another size in just in time for the wedding on Saturday. They were very helpful.

Sent on 11/21/2011