Modern Bride and Formal Shop Reviews

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2016 Winner
  • WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2015 Winner

Jenn Getting married on 10/22/2022

Amazing experience

Everyone that I have worked with was beyond helpful and I was happy to find my dress at Modern Bride!
  • Samantha
    Samantha L. Getting married on 07/08/2022

The absolute best!

From the minute I walked in Michayla’s energy and professionalism made me feel so comfortable! She was very knowledgeable and knew exactly what I was looking for! She made me feel at ease even when I was so indecisive and LOVED mostly all the dresses I tried on. I decided to go back for another appointment and specifically requested Michayla. I was able to say yes to the dress last night and I couldn’t be happier!
    Kaitlin Getting married on 06/25/2022

Amazing!! I love my dress

Michayla Hernden was my consultant at Modern Bride and I loved!!! My overall experience there! I couldn't be happier with my dress and Michayla helped make that possible
    Emily D. Getting married on 06/18/2022

The absolute best bridal shop out there!

Modern Bride was my first appointment of the wedding dress shopping weekend and I am SO glad they were the first, they set the bar very high! They were timely on opening and were so friendly and welcoming and the entire store was so clean! Courtney was assigned to me and I will never be able to say enough good things about her, I absolutely LOVED her. She put my anxiety at ease and truly listened to my thoughts on what I liked and what I didn't like and offered her thoughts on where to start. After leaving for the day and going to the other appointments, no other shop measured up to Modern Bride. I ended up going back on Monday to try them on again. When I went back to try on the bottom two Courtney let me know she wouldn't be there but Michayla helped me and she was another AMAZING staff member and had everything ready to try on when I arrived and answered all my little questions about the dresses. I absolutely loved the one I chose and I would recommend every bride look no further for a bridal shop as Modern Bride is the absolute best out there! Thank you thank you thank you to the staff at Modern Bride for such a wonderful experience!!!!
  • Cassandra
    Cassandra C. Getting married on 06/11/2022

Exciting, easy & fun!

This was the first wedding dress shopping experience and I was very nervous because I wasn't sure what to expect. I went with my mom, sister and best friend and we were all immediately relieved and overjoyed the moment we sat down with Machayla. She is down to earth and full of positive energy. By only asking me a few questions, she knew exactly the kind of style I was going for. She picked out several incredible dresses and made me feel so comfortable the entire time. When I tried on my dream dress, there were tears all around the room. We all knew it! I decided to think on it overnight and came back the next day and said YES! Not only was the dress perfect, Machayla made the experience so special and I am extremely grateful for everything she did. I would HIGHLY recommend Modern Bride to anyone who wants to find their dream wedding dress and if you want to have a blast, I suggest requesting Machayla to be your bridal sylist!!
    Hanna C. Getting married on 06/03/2022

Amazing experience

Recently purchased my wedding dress from Modern Bride in Bedford NH and the experience was nothing but amazing! Michayla Hernden was great! From the moment we met her she made me feel comfortable! She did not pressure me into anything and truly listened to what I wanted! Would highly recommend Modern Bridal!
    Stefanie M. Getting married on 05/27/2022

Dream Dress!

My time at Modern Bride was a dream come true. Very smooth, all options where brought to me with very little wait time. Everything was very organized, everyone was very complimentary and the options were endless. My whole wedding experience was made that day. I was able to find the dress of my dreams and search further into my wedding as I looked for suits and brides maid dresses. I felt so comfortable and haven't stopped smiling since finding my dream dress! So excited to see the final product!
    Catherine D. Getting married on 01/08/2022

Just fantastic

I cannot say enough wonderful things about Modern Bride! Everything was amazing. Taylor was the best and so helpful in picking out dresses that made me feel absolutely beautiful. It had been a very rough and stressful week for my family and she made this experience amazing for us. My mom even got her outfit at the same time! Thank you so much!!!!
  • Kim
    Kim C. Getting married on 12/04/2021

Amazing attention to detail 10/04/19

We found the perfect wedding dress for my daughter at Modern Bride. Courtney was soooo helpful and amazing. We described what my daughter was looking for, and she found the perfect dress. She was patient, kind and very helpful. She made it a wonderful experience.
    Thank you so much!
    Mother of the Bride
    Kim
  • Mary
    Mary F. Getting married on 11/20/2021

I couldn't be happier!

I had the most wonderful experience at Modern Bride! My consultant Michayla made the appointment so relaxing and enjoyable for myself and my girls. Micayla gave us her undivided attention for the duration of my appointment despite it being a busy Saturday afternoon. I had an idea of what I wanted in a dress but was very open to trying on different styles. Michayla was so patient as I tried on many dresses making executive decisions along the way about what I didn’t want. She helped me narrow down my search, eventually choosing my favorite from the beginning that we saved for last. I am so happy I said yes to the dress at Modern Bride! I had an amazing experience, found my perfect dress and highly recommend this business!!
    Alyssa Married on 09/25/2021

Great experience!

I had Courtney today to help me find a dress and she was amazing! She made the whole experience fun and relaxing. She totally got my vibe and pulled so many dresses I loved! She didn’t pressure me, but made sure I understood timelines. Had such a good experience!
    Samantha E. Married on 08/21/2021

Found my dream dress for a dream price

The staff was incredible. They helped me find my dream dress on my first outing. It was way under budget and fit me like a glove. The dress was slightly too long but they did the perfect alterations and held on to it for me until the day before my wedding so I didn’t have to worry about storage at all.
    Jill R. Married on 08/14/2021

Modern Bride should be the first place you go if you want to find THE dress.

Modern Bride should be the first place you go if you want to find THE dress. They have a phenomenal inventory. Danielle was my stylist and she was so supportive and helpful. She instantly understood my style and was so patient with me when I felt indecisive. I felt like I was in the best of hands through such an intimate shopping experience. I highly recommend Danielle. Also, the owner Renee was super knowledgeable when we went to order the right fit. The whole staff is very friendly. Go here first, don't waste your time!
  • Teddi
    Teddi M. Married on 07/09/2021

Friendly, professional, fun, and supportive

Today Michayla helped me find the perfect dress and I had the BEST experience. She was kind, encouraging, enthusiastic, and very knowledgeable. I never once felt pushed, pressured, or rushed. She was genuinely friendly, and her positive demeanor and bright smile helped me feel calm and confident. The store was well lit, peaceful, and clean. I loved that my family and I had the chance to wander the aisles and look through the HUGE selection of gowns, while also having the support and undivided attention of a consultant. The gown I fell in love with was one that Michayla pulled for me, and I am so grateful that she found EXACTLY what I was looking for. Thank you Modern Bride & Formal Shop, and especially Michayla! You made me feel like a queen, and I cannot stop smiling.
    Brooke G. Married on 06/12/2021

Best experience

I fell in love with a dress 2 years before I got engaged, once we got engaged I called and found that they had that dress. A month before I was planning on going to try on that dress the designer discontinued the dress. I quickly called and had them set the dress aside and I went there with my mother after work to try on that dress. The staff was great and very helpful, especially seeing as I was unable to have everyone come with me when I tried on dresses. I ended up with that dress, and they loved my story! They were also great when we went back with everyone in tow to get a veil. Thank you so much Modern Bride!
  • Danielle
    Danielle A. Married on 06/05/2021

Go visit Modern Bride

I was SO difficult. Worst bride ever award goes to me, in terms of dress shopping. I swear I tried on 100+ dresses before I found "the one". Michayla was incredible. She was so patient and I absolutely adored her. My whole experience at this store was incredible - they're not pushy salespeople and she was genuinely happy to help me find the dress. I am forever appreciative of them, but my heart goes out to Michayla and I would recommend anyone go shop with her!
  • Kellie
    Kellie A. Married on 05/14/2021

Perfect Dress Find

Fabulous working with Modern Bride for my wedding dress. Mikayla was great! I had surgery this past year and was a little nerve wracked walking in. She was very in tune with what I needed and was very body positive. It was a comfortable experience and we said yes to the dress. Would highly recommend Mikayla and Modern Bride
  • Kyla
    Kyla D. Married on 02/24/2021

Magical Experience!

Where to begin with my amazing experience at Modern Bride! It’s a warm and welcoming environment from the time you make your appointment to the time you leave the store (and I can only imagine beyond!). The entire team truly works together to find you the perfect dress. One person even called a designer’s office to ask them an alteration question for me!

Michayla was my consultant and I could not imagine anybody better!! She is absolutely incredible. She is kind, patient, encouraging, and you can tell she genuinely loves the work she does! The appointment started off with her asking what I was looking for in a dress and at the end we reviewed it and what she found was spot on. Due to covid safety measures, brides can’t look through the racks but do not let this deter you! Michayla really knows everything the store has to offer and picks out an amazing selection for you to try. She listens to your preferences and does everything to find your perfect dress - and succeeds!! She made me feel comfortable and beautiful in everything I tried on, even when it was outside of my comfort zone. Michayla is what made my entire experience at Modern Bride the wonderful time that it was.

I never once felt pressured or as though I was inconveniencing them with the time it took me to make my decision. Michayla never made me feel rushed and she constantly reassured me that I could take all the time I needed. Modern Bride is all around incredible and you won’t regret going here to look at gowns (or anything else they have to offer). This is THE place you want to say yes to the dress!!
    Talia Married on 02/20/2021

Amazing Experience

I had such a great experience with Modern Bride. My stylist, Danielle, was incredible! It was like she already knew my style before I even got there. The dresses she chose were all so perfect. She really made made it easy to find the perfect dress.

Modern Bride and Formal Shop's reply:

Thank you so much for the kind words Talia! Danielle had such a blast working with you, and your gown is absolutely THE perfect dress for you! We look forward to working with you again!
  • Lauren
    Lauren T. Married on 01/07/2021

Highly Recommended

I had an appointment yesterday with Michayla at Modern Bride to look for my perfect wedding dress. This was only my second time trying on dresses, the first being at a national bridal store chain. My experience at Modern Bride was night and day different then my previous appointment, in a great way! Upon my arrival to the store the staff greeted me and were all very friendly. I was introduced to my consultant Michayla who immediately made me feel welcomed and at ease.
    The entire staff at Modern Bride did a great job making me feel safe and comfortable while looking for a dress during these difficult times. They had hygiene protocols and face covering requirements in place but did so in a way that was much different than my first bridal appointment at another store. I almost forgot I was wearing a mask rather than the mask being all that I saw in the mirror. Michayla and the other staff gave a sense of ease and normalcy to the appointment.
    Michayla was patient, positive, encouraging and lighthearted during the appointment. I never felt rushed or pressured! She showed me dresses that were within my budget and met my wedding style. I appreciate her being so conscious of my budget, as I would have been disappointment to fall in love with a dress that I could not afford. She also encouraged me to try dresses that I thought were not “my style”. I was so happy she did so because I ultimately purchased a dress that I love but never expected.
    Michayla consulted with the other staff who were versed in alterations to answer my questions and to provide ideas on alterations, embellishments and cost. I will be working with Modern Bride alterations team in the future to add sleeves and other embellishments to my dress. I could safely store my dress at Modern Bride for no additional cost and I was encouraged to return at any time to try on my dress again with shoes or accessories.
    I highly recommend Modern Bride to anyone who is looking to have an intimate and personal shopping experience that is “pressure free”. I will be back to the store with my fiancé to get suiting for him and his groomsmen which is offered at a discount with the purchase of my dress.
    Thanks again to Modern Bride and Michayla for making this a special and memorable shopping experience.
  • Emily
    Emily Married on 12/12/2020

Best Day Ever!

Everyone was very upbeat, courteous, and extremely sweet upon walking into the store. My consultant, Ashley, made me feel confident and made sure I had that special experience when dress shopping. She was also very patient with us and helped me throughout the entire process.

I truly thank her with helping me with putting on the dresses because I know I would have fell on my face multiple times trying to get into one. She was knowledgeable and in the end she picked the perfect veil to seal the deal with my now, one of a kind, amazing wedding gown. Thank you so much for making it the best day of my life so far!
  • Kaleigh
    Kaleigh S. Married on 12/04/2020

Just perfect!

My experience at Modern Bride was nothing short of perfect. Thank you to Michayla for being an absolute gem, never once making me feel rushed or stressed. I found my dress and could not be happier! And a special thanks to Debbie for a great measurement experience!! I will recommend Modern Bride to all of my friends.
  • Morganne
    Morganne B. Married on 10/11/2020

Wonderful Experience!

I had a blast shopping for my dress at Modern Bride with Delaney - she was wonderful to work with, so welcoming and kind. Based on the survey I'd filled out with my style/detail preferences, Delaney was already well-versed in what I was looking for. She walked us through the racks, explaining how the dresses were organized and gave me the perfect amount of time to take it all in before going to try some dresses I had picked out. She was just great to work with all-around, and my mom and sister felt the same way. I did end up finding my dream dress and would recommend Modern Bride to anyone searching for theirs! They were professional, inviting and very experienced with a great selection of gowns for every budget.
    Sara D. Married on 10/10/2020

Unbelievably amazing

I had the best experience here! It was my first time trying on bridal gowns and Savannah who helped me was unbelievably amazing. So helpful and made me feel so comfortable. I never felt rushed or pressured she made me feel like I was the only bride there! Not only was Savannah amazing but everyone there was so nice and helpful as well!
    Jackie W. Married on 10/03/2020

Absolutely Amazing

I honestly could not have imagined a better experience than at Modern Bride. Michayla was absolutely amazing, this was my first day dress shopping and I ended up finding my dress. I started my day off at another bridal shop and it was terrible, I felt rushed, they didn't listen to me and I was nervous that this is what it was going to be like...I was so wrong. As soon as I walked into Modern Bride I felt welcomed, Michayla listened to what I had to say and asked all the right questions. She made the whole experience unforgettable and I can not say enough wonderful things. Thank you for making this experience every thing I could have ever wanted.