Modern Bride and Formal Shop Reviews

Modern Bride and Formal Shop 6
Modern Bride and Formal Shop 7

Jackie Wentworth · Getting married on 03/06/2022

Absolutely Amazing

I honestly could not have imagined a better experience than at Modern Bride. Michayla was absolutely amazing, this was my first day dress shopping and I ended up finding my dress. I started my day off at another bridal shop and it was terrible, I felt rushed, they didn't listen to me and I was nervous that this is what it was going to be like...I was so wrong. As soon as I walked into Modern Bride I felt welcomed, Michayla listened to what I had to say and asked all the right questions. She made the whole experience unforgettable and I can not say enough wonderful things. Thank you for making this experience every thing I could have ever wanted.

Sent on 10/30/2019
  • Kim

Kim Caron · Getting married on 12/04/2021

Amazing attention to detail 10/04/19

We found the perfect wedding dress for my daughter at Modern Bride. Courtney was soooo helpful and amazing. We described what my daughter was looking for, and she found the perfect dress. She was patient, kind and very helpful. She made it a wonderful experience.
    Thank you so much!
    Mother of the Bride
    Kim

Sent on 10/16/2019

Kaleigh sands · Getting married on 12/05/2020

Just perfect!

My experience at Modern Bride was nothing short of perfect. Thank you to Michayla for being an absolute gem, never once making me feel rushed or stressed. I found my dress and could not be happier! And a special thanks to Debbie for a great measurement experience!! I will recommend Modern Bride to all of my friends.

Sent on 10/19/2019
  • Morganne

Morganne Bent · Getting married on 10/11/2020

Wonderful Experience!

I had a blast shopping for my dress at Modern Bride with Delaney - she was wonderful to work with, so welcoming and kind. Based on the survey I'd filled out with my style/detail preferences, Delaney was already well-versed in what I was looking for. She walked us through the racks, explaining how the dresses were organized and gave me the perfect amount of time to take it all in before going to try some dresses I had picked out. She was just great to work with all-around, and my mom and sister felt the same way. I did end up finding my dream dress and would recommend Modern Bride to anyone searching for theirs! They were professional, inviting and very experienced with a great selection of gowns for every budget.

Sent on 02/19/2019
  • Grace

Grace Donison · Getting married on 09/26/2020

Modern Bride is the place to go!

I had a lovely experience both times I visited Modern Bride this year. I just purchased a dress today (and for a steal, thanks to their Summer sale!!) Debbie Fortin helped us out immensely. She is kind, honest and knowledgeable. I highly recommend her services and this bridal shop!

Sent on 07/23/2019

Tiffany · Getting married on 09/19/2020

Amazing experience, this was the first place I ever went to and they were so nice and helpful! I only had a certain amount of time to try on dresses the first time because I had another appt somewhere else, the girl that was helping me said good luck even though it was somewhere else. I ended up going back there and finding my dress! She helped me pick what I liked, out and if I tried something on and didn’t like it, she wouldn’t bring back another one that was like it! Highly highly recommend!

Sent on 12/05/2017
  • Tara

Tara Chick · Getting married on 09/19/2020

Modern Bride is amazing!

Me and my crew of ladies went to Modern Bride, they don't take reservations on Saturdays so we were thinking it was going to be a crazy free for all! This was my first time trying on wedding dresses so I didn't really know what to expect. As soon as we walked through the door we were greeted by Michayla. She was amazing and so fun to work with. She was not only funny but very helpful with any questions I had and tying a corset! I highly recommend trying out Modern Bride! I am so happy that I did! Michayla, thanks again girl!R

Sent on 09/26/2019
  • Jessica

Jessica Thonis · Getting married on 09/12/2020

Shop here first!

I came here as my first stop for gown shopping and I could not be happier with how it went. I worked with Michayla and she was absolutely AMAZING!! I gave her my ideas of what I wanted with and she ran with it. She let me try on the dresses as many times I needed to make the decision. Most amazing thing, is that she provided me the dress I said YES to with only small tidbits of likes and dislikes from all the other dresses I tried on. I felt like she really made the experience one I will never forget!

Sent on 10/21/2019
  • Amanda

Amanda · Getting married on 09/05/2020

If you have an appointment elsewhere CANCEL IT and go to Modern Bride

Cannot say enough good things about this shop! I went twice, once with my mom to figure out what I liked and then again with my entourage where I actually bought my dress. I worked with both Ashley and Savannah and they were very responsive and did not put any pressure on me to buy. Best part is that when you get to the shop you are allowed to go into the store room and actually shop and pick your own dresses, my mom's eyes nearly popped out of her head when they said she could go shop for a half hour!

Sent on 10/02/2019
  • Kaylee

Kaylee Darigan · Getting married on 08/01/2020

Amazing! Found the dress of my dreams!

I traveled to Modern Bride and Formal from Maine since we have limited options in my state for bridal boutiques. The moment we arrived we were greeted by a consultant who immediately took us under her wing and listened to everything I was looking for. I had photos and she was able to pull everything I’d found online. She let us browse and take our time finding different options. Their price range is extremely affordable and everything I tried on was well under my budget of $2000. Once I started trying on dresses, she was awesome at picking up on what I loved and didn’t love, and helped me narrow things down really well. Overall she was on the same page as me and never pushed me in a direction I didn’t like. I ended up finding my dress and absolutely love it, it fits my vision perfectly. I even found the perfect veil to match. The ordering process went very smooth as well, and I left extremely pleased and relieved at how easy Modern Bride made everything! Highly recommend checking them out, the experience was amazing!

Sent on 06/29/2019
    Modern Bride and Formal Shop 8
  • Emily

Emily Colon · Getting married on 06/20/2020

Best Day Ever!

Everyone was very upbeat, courteous, and extremely sweet upon walking into the store. My consultant, Ashley, made me feel confident and made sure I had that special experience when dress shopping. She was also very patient with us and helped me throughout the entire process.

I truly thank her with helping me with putting on the dresses because I know I would have fell on my face multiple times trying to get into one. She was knowledgeable and in the end she picked the perfect veil to seal the deal with my now, one of a kind, amazing wedding gown. Thank you so much for making it the best day of my life so far!

Sent on 08/02/2019

Brooke Gagne · Getting married on 06/13/2020

Best experience

I fell in love with a dress 2 years before I got engaged, once we got engaged I called and found that they had that dress. A month before I was planning on going to try on that dress the designer discontinued the dress. I quickly called and had them set the dress aside and I went there with my mother after work to try on that dress. The staff was great and very helpful, especially seeing as I was unable to have everyone come with me when I tried on dresses. I ended up with that dress, and they loved my story! They were also great when we went back with everyone in tow to get a veil. Thank you so much Modern Bride!

Sent on 07/04/2019
  • Danielle

Danielle Ennis · Getting married on 05/23/2020

Wonderful experience

I can’t rave enough about how wonderful the experience was at modern bride. The staff were amazing and made me feel so comfortable and special. My consultant, Danielle, was the best person I could ask for to help me pick out a dress. Thank you so much for your help!

Sent on 08/31/2019
  • Lindsey

Lindsey · Getting married on 04/25/2020

Highly Recommend!!

Modern Bride is an awesome shop with an excellent selection. They went above and beyond my expectations and I ended up with a gorgeous dress for our big day. Even better, they store the dress until you're ready for alterations to be made! I'll be doing my alterations there at the shop, so I wont have to worry about it until a few days before the celebration! Highly recommend!!

Sent on 09/28/2019
  • Morgan

Morgan · Married on 11/02/2019

All my coworkers swore by this place, I went in just wanting to look around and see what they had on the racks. The women helping were absolutely amazing I had Debbie helping me and she made me feel like a princess. All the staff are fantastic and I bought the most beautiful Casablanca dress for a great price! Would recommend everyone to check out Modern Bride. Y’all are wonderful, especially Debbie!

Sent on 06/23/2018

Modern Bride and Formal Shop's reply:

Morgan! Thank you! You're so kind. I'm so glad you feel like a princess in your gown! I enjoyed your visit!
  • Kearsten

Kearsten · Married on 10/25/2019

Best place to find your wedding dress.

Modern bride is amazing, it has a friendly atmosphere. Ashley has help me through the process of finding a dress and did an amazing job. The staff truly knows what they are talking about when helping you find your perfect dress!

Sent on 01/03/2019

Crystal · Married on 10/18/2019

Was very happy I chose to make an appointment with modern bride. They were very helpful and accounted for the things I wanted in a dress. The woman who helped me was amazing and knew exactly what I wanted after 5 mins. She was amazing and fun to work with! Am looking forward to going back for my fittings!

Sent on 07/14/2018
  • Michelle

Michelle · Married on 10/13/2019

Beautiful shop, wonderful staff!!

Thank you to everyone at Modern Bride for helping make our day so special!! We bought my wedding gown, the bridesmaid dresses and rented suits in what seemed like, minutes. The staff listened to what I wanted and helped picked out the gowns that best fit my style. By the time I had paid for my gown and booked my fittings, my bridesmaid had already narrowed their search down. We walked out of the salon knowing that we had chosen the right gowns!! When I put my gown on to walk down the aisle, I felt more beautiful than ever. Not to mention,the men were recklessly handsome in their fitted suits! I can’t thank you all enough!

Sent on 10/18/2019
  • KatieLaine

Katie · Married on 10/12/2019

After spending the morning at David's Bridal, my mom and I hopped over the Modern Bride; and I came out in the first dress and just cried, I was so happy because just one dress and I was already feeling better! I could have stopped there, but I entertained my mom and one of my bridesmaids by trying on a few other dresses. I am so glad I did; it was the last dress! The last dress was THE dress!!! And Debbie really helped my vision come to life with some added details she told me can be added to the dress itself, and then if course the headpiece and veil! Done and done! Modern Bride offers more options, right up front!

Sent on 11/23/2017

Modern Bride and Formal Shop's reply:

Katie, My pleasure - it was a joy to help you. Soon it will be time for your fitting! Can't wait to see you again and your dreams come true!
  • Jennifer

Jennifer · Married on 10/11/2019

Don’t look anywhere else!

I had such a wonderful experience at Modern Bride with Delaney, my new favorite girl in this industry. I am not a glitz and glam kind of girl, so the idea of parading around in gowns was stressing me out. From the moment I walked into Modern Bride, I felt at ease. Delaney listened to my every word regarding my vision, budget, and must-haves. From that point on, she stood by me from start to finish and made what I thought would be a nightmare of a process, a dream. She loaded up my dressing room and was by my side getting me in and out of dresses. She was constantly offering me belts, veils, and straightening out my train so I could really get the "day-of" feel. She talked out the dresses with me to help me determine what I loved or didn't love about each particular dress. I never felt rushed to move on to the next dress. She let my mom and I go crazy with pictures, and even offered some helpful accessory tips along the way. I appreciated her honesty as well as her outgoing, friendly personality, and the fact that she did everything with a smile. I cannot say enough wonderful things about Delaney, I would recommend her to every single bride. I was able to narrow my picks down to a Top Three, which was hard because there are so many beautiful gowns at Modern Bride. Now to pick!! I already have an appointment with Delaney, obviously, to go back next week to make my final decision! I always thought that I would "dress shop", but no other place could live up to this amazing experience at Modern Bride. I cannot wait to go back next week with my bridesmaid and pick my dress! I truly give this shop 10 stars, thank you Modern Bride!!

Sent on 10/29/2019
    Modern Bride and Formal Shop 9
    Modern Bride and Formal Shop 10
    Modern Bride and Formal Shop 11
    Modern Bride and Formal Shop 12
  • Meagan

Meagan · Married on 10/05/2019

Find the dress and have fun doing it !

I was recommended to try this location when looking for a dress and it did not disappoint. The staff are unbelievably friendly and really helped me feel like a special bride. I loved that my consultant Delaney was there every step of the way from just trying on dresses for fun to the final choice. She was the best ! She really chose dresses well that would look good, in my price point and my style. She had great recommendations and is great at what she does. The owners were on sight often and were helpful and welcoming. Making appointments was very easy and there were beautiful and budget friendly dresses to choose from with a variety of designers. Would highly recommend to any bride !

Sent on 11/05/2018
  • FutureMrsColón

Brittany · Married on 09/28/2019

I would recommend Modern Bride to any bride! I called a month in advance to ask questions about their shop. The woman who helped me on the phone was so nice and was able to book me an appointment that worked with my schedule. I was worried about being able to bring my family with me but I was reassured that they had enough room! I went with my mom, my sisters, my mother-in-law and sister-in-law. Jackie helped us during my appointment! She was so amazing! I got to look through the racks and find some dresses myself. I shared my thoughts with Jackie and she was able to pull a few dresses from my vision. In the end, I said “Yes to the Dress” after narrowing down to three beautiful dresses. Jackie did awesome, as the dress I chose was one she brought in! During my appointment, I was also able to find my bridesmaid dresses! I had an amazing time, and my family were raving about how wonderful our trip was! Thank you so much Jackie and Modern Bride! I am so happy that I found my dress from your shop!

Sent on 08/09/2018
    Modern Bride and Formal Shop 13

Brettney-Brae · Married on 09/28/2019

When you walk in the store you’re greeted by your bridal consultant. Mine was Amanda who was sweet as can be! I am a “curvy” bride and she made me feel as gorgeous as the 5’9 models on the posters surrounding me. She listened to my likes and dislikes and we found my dress! She was even able to do a customisation for less than I was quoted at another bridal store! I was wow’d and went back the ne t day to say YES to my dress!!

Sent on 09/27/2018
  • Amanda

Amanda · Married on 09/28/2019

Great experience

After two failed dress shopping trips, I decided to try Modern Bride because my sister got her dress there. Delany was amazing. I basically had the place to myself for most of the time. Over 2 hours, Delany helped me narrow in on what I liked and was so patient! She never asked my size or price range like other places, just focused on getting the right dress. I felt good in almost every dress she pulled, where at other salons I felt like I was too fat for the dresses. The prices are very reasonable and I was able to get a designer that I really liked.

Sent on 11/11/2018
  • Risa

Risa · Married on 09/21/2019

Above and beyond

I had THE BEST experience at Modern Bride. I had gone to a few other stores that were ok, but none even compared to Modern Bride. I went a few different times and had amazing experiences with Savannah, Delaney, Amanda, and the manager (so sorry I forget his name). They were all so patient, fun, easy going, and really took the time to help me find my dream dress....which I am in love with! Thank you guys so much! I would recommend this store with this staff to anyone in a heartbeat.

Sent on 10/25/2018