Mod Society Reviews

78 | Brooklyn, NY

78 Reviews for Mod Society

Kevin Zusy · Getting married on 04/09/2021

Amazing band! Very talented

We booked Mod Society 2 for our wedding and my wife and I could have not been happier to have chosen them for our special day. They were absolutely amazing. People were up and dancing the entire time and everyone had so much fun. They truly blew our guests away. We are still receiving compliments on how incredible they were weeks later. They are extremely talented and very contemporary. They don't feel like your traditional wedding band because they are all so cool! They were such a pleasure to work with leading up to the wedding as well. Claudio was always very responsive to our emails and very helpful. Thank you so much to Claudio and the band for making our wedding such an incredible night.

Sent on 11/10/2019

Kevin Caballes · Getting married on 03/04/2021

Made our wedding the party of the year!

Claudio and the rest of the band took our wedding to the next level.

Claudio was super easy and friendly to deal with. I had some specific requests about music choices which the band more than delivered on. On our actual wedding day the music was absolutely amazing, every single one of our guests was on the dance floor all night and could not stop asking us about where we found this band. I would highly recommend mod society for any event, wedding or not!

Sent on 05/02/2019
  • Vikas

Vikas Desai · Getting married on 03/02/2021

Mod Society was perfect!

We are so happy we booked Mod Society to play at our wedding! Most importantly, they did a great job on the performance, and we got lots of compliments from our guests on the band. They have a pretty extensive song list, and even learned a few additional songs for us, including one that they would never have heard before. Plus, Claudio was so helpful and responsive every step of the way through the planning, and was even knowledgeable about details about how things worked at our venue. I would absolutely recommend Mod Society to anyone!

Sent on 03/29/2020
  • Michael

Michael Buonincontro · Married on 06/06/2020

Incredible Experience

Hiring Mod Society was one of the best choices we made! They're professional and responsive and sound absolutely amazing!

Sent on 12/31/2019

Lucas Bryant · Married on 06/05/2020

The best of the best

Look no further! Mod Society are the best of the best. We were so lucky to have them play our wedding in Brooklyn recently. From the songs they learned for our ceremony, polished jazz for our cocktail hour, first dances, through to big tunes for our reception - they killed it all. We could not have been any happier. So many guests have complimented the band and our wedding would not have been the same without them. Claudio the band manager is professional and super responsive. He addressed all our questions and requests quickly and delivered well above our expectations. If you're looking for a band for your wedding or event, you don't get better than this. Book them with absolute confidence - it will be the best decision you make.

Sent on 05/25/2019
  • Carolina

Carolina Oliva · Married on 06/05/2020

Great experience

MOD Society (MOD2) was absolutely AMAZING! Incredibly professional and easy to work with and INCREDIBLY talented. They were one of the best aspects of our wedding. I HIGHLY RECOMMEND!

Sent on 05/28/2019

Katherine · Married on 12/07/2019

Mod Society was fantastic!

Mod Society played our Dec. 7 wedding, and they were fantastic! Claudio was super responsive, and even met us for a walk-through of our venue, despite having played there before, which really put us at ease.

The band was incredible, from the solo musician for our ceremony to the quartet for our cocktail hour, from the full band at dinner to the full band for dancing. All of our guests raved to us about how amazing they were.

So grateful to Claudio and the Mod Society crew for really bringing our wedding night to life with their fantastic instrumentals and vocals!!!!

Sent on 12/23/2019

Nicole L · Married on 11/04/2019

Best wedding band ever!

We were 100% satisfied with our choice to hire Mod Society to play at our wedding. All our guests loved the band, their song choices and the energy they brought to the celebration. Their enthusiasm to make sure we were happy on our special day was something we took to heart. From the initial phone call through to the celebration, Claudio was very responsive via email and phone, and his eagerness to address any questions or concerns made us very confident we made the right choice. Choosing vendors can be a nerve-wracking experience but we have no regrets with Mod Society!

Sent on 04/05/2020
  • Leah

Leah Drew · Married on 10/12/2019

Everyone was on the dance floor!

In planning our wedding, two items were especially critical - food and music. Now reminiscing the day - just 6 months back - I can still taste easy savory bite and vividly see the pure happiness radiating from our guests as they danced around us throughout the day/evening. Mod Society was everything we wanted and more from a band!

After researching online, we stumbled upon Mod Society and planned a date night at The Red Lion (Bleeker St.) to hear the band live. As soon as they took the stage - we were excited about the possibility of partnering together. The live shows are a fantastic way to get a sense of the music, vibe and talent. And oh my goodness what talent they have!! As the vocal singers rotated in, we fell more and more in love with what we heard. They say, “music is medicine for the soul,” and that is exactly what Mod Society does. We spent that Wednesday date night at the Red Lion dancing to all of our favorites - alongside the entire bar who was also too inspired my the music to simply sit/drink.

Following the performance, we spoke with Claudio (founder/producer/bandleader) and set the partnership in motion. Claudio is a gem - great to work with, genuinely interested in our aspirations, detail-oriented (explaining all of our options), incredibly knowledgable and kind. Claudio provided us with all of the information we needed to make decisions, clarified all of our questions and seamlessly coordinated and moved along the entire process. It was stress free and enjoyable; we so valued his time, patience and expertise!

We selected a 9-piece band with 3 singers (Elliot, Lindsay and Keren) and from ceremony to reception they did not disappoint. Working directly with our venue, Mod Society handled set-up and coordination throughout the event - we didn’t have to think of anything - they covered it all! The guitar/bass/sax during ceremony significantly elevated the entire experience, bringing so much love and enjoyment to the ceremony. This sentiment carried into the cocktail hour, with an instrumental quartet set-up (guitar, upright bass, sax, percussion).

And then as for the reception, I don’t remember seeing anyone sitting down between courses as the dance floor was FULL. Mod Society had everyone in a groove, dancing, singing and smiling from ear-to-ear to an array of hits. As we greeted and thanked guests, I couldn’t help myself but jump into the center of the dance floor and vibe with the music. The energy was absolutely intoxicating in the best way possible. Following the wedding, our friends and family raved about the music and band - many stating Mod Society was the best band they’ve ever experienced at wedding - and these conversations continue to this day. My mother in particular continues to reminiscence her favorite memory of belting, “Rollin On The River” into the mic with Keren. I so fondly remember this moment as well.

I could go on and on - Mod Society helped us to create such special moments that we’ll forever cherish. Thank you Claudio and the entire band for playing an instrumental ;) role in our special day.

Photo Credit: Laura Wielo Photography

Sent on 04/12/2020
  • Allison

Allison · Married on 09/28/2019

Sounded Amazing and great to work with!

We hired the Mod Society for our rooftop Brooklyn wedding in September of 2019 and I cannot say enough good things! From the moment we reached out, Claudio was super responsive to every question we had and was consistently great to work with throughout the process. On the day of, they far exceeded our expectations. They sounded AMAZING, crushed all the songs we asked them to learn (even sang a song with my dad) and made sure the dance floor was packed all night. We also reached out to a bunch of other bands, and Mod Society was notably great about working within our budget. I would recommend them to anyone without hesitation.

Sent on 11/12/2019
  • CRAIG

Craig Coleman · Married on 09/14/2019

Mod society

Mod Society

When it came to planning our wedding Kel and I had a lot of experience to draw upon....see when you get married in your 30’s, the number of weddings attended begins to inch from the 10’s and 20’s into the 30’s and 40’s. As a result, we had a good feel for what we wanted and at the core of that ‘must have’ list was an amazing band. We wanted the band to be the center of the wedding reception (in a good way); captivating our guests and keeping them on the dance floor all night long.

Kel and I are unabashed people pleasers so we wanted guests to come away from our wedding feeling like they’d just been to an insanely intimate concert with this unknown but awesome band that was all theirs for the evening. Sky high standards, I know.

CUE MOD SOCIETY....From start to finish Claudio and company exceeded said standards...

While we were doing our due diligence across the typical Philadelphia wedding band circuit, our planner (sup confetti and co) dripped the idea of this band from Brooklyn that she whole heartedly endorsed. Instantly intrigued, kel and I shot up to NYC on the next train to catch a performance and found ourselves jamming out across their entire set. Our decision was pretty easy after what we’d just experienced and in my opinion it was the best one we made throughout the entire process (besides picking each other to marry of course).

Feel like a review of any vendor needs to encompass the lead up to the big day as well as the wedding itself and needless to say MOD SOCIETY checked both boxes. Claudio was an awesome liaison. Responsive and kind, he welcomed our questions and a few unique song requests right up until the start of the show... and about that show....they crushed. Somehow exceeding our exceedingly high expectations, MOD delivered the concert of our dreams; one that all of our friends continue to discuss almost 5 months later. Their ability to hit all types of music created a dance floor that not only suited our best buds but also my 80 year old parents and their crew.

I left our wedding so happy; not only marrying my best friend, but loving the energy and excitement that mod society delivered ALL NIGHT LONG. It truly felt like a personalized show and we can’t thank the band enough for their insane talents and unbelievable efforts....I couldn’t endorse a vendor with more enthusiasm.

Pick MOD SOCIETY and don’t think twice about it.

Craig and Kelli Coleman
    September 14, 2019

Sent on 01/24/2020

Jon Casper · Married on 08/17/2019

ModSociety is the best wedding band

5/5 would recommend. ModSociety played at our wedding in August (two musicians for the ceremony, quartet for the cocktail hour, eight piece for the reception) and they were fantastic! We got more compliments from our guests on the band than any other aspect of the wedding. They sounded great and knew how to keep the crowd energized and dancing (and were so much fun that a spontaneous dance party broke out on the grass outside our tent/dance floor). They have an excellent and long repertoire, especially for alternative / indie music, which is not easy to find for a wedding band. Claudio was super easy to work with and was probably the most organized vendor we worked with throughout the entire wedding planning process. They also learned several songs for us (Maps, You Oughta Know, All My Friends, and one more) and did a great job adapting them to fit the setting. We are obviously biased but we sincerely think they are the best wedding band we’ve ever heard.

Sent on 11/03/2019
  • Hilary

Hilary Rappaport · Married on 06/22/2019

Best Vendor Decision We Made

Claudio and the Mod Society band made our special day TRULY special. We fell in love with Mod Society after viewing their repertoire on the band's website. We booked them immediately without even seeing them live. I'm so glad we did. Claudio made the entire booking and planning process a breeze and flawlessly conquered all logistical challenges involved in traveling with a large band from NYC to a wedding on Martha's Vineyard. The band was incredible. Lively, engaging and so much fun. Guests are still talking about Mod Society and many have reached out for their info. I'll tell you what I've told them: best vendor decision we made!

Sent on 05/08/2020

Richard Klein · Married on 06/15/2019

Great Band

Great job. Would hire again.. Great communication.

Sent on 03/22/2020
  • I

Irina Thatcher · Married on 06/15/2019

Summer Wedding in PA

Mod Society performed at our wedding in June this year...they exceeded our expectations. Every single guest was dancing, we had an amazing time on the dance floor. Cant thank the band and Claudio (manager) enough.

Sent on 07/02/2019
  • Jaime

Jaime Klein · Married on 06/15/2019

One grateful bride!

Mod Society was absolutely the best band I could have asked for for our wedding last year. Right from the start they were great with communicating and working with my family and I to accommodate us with whatever we needed. On the day of, they were amazing -- sounded great, brought a fun energy, and kept my friends and I dancing all night. I would hire them again in a heartbeat and absolutely recommend them to anyone looking for a top-notch band.

Sent on 03/23/2020

Alexandra Canter · Married on 06/01/2019

Amazing, talented band

Claudio and Mod Society were absolutely incredible. Leading up to the day, Claudio was extremely communicative, professional and organized. They learned songs for us that they completely nailed and the dance floor was full all night. We got so many compliments from our guests that they were the best band they had ever heard at a wedding. Thank you so much for such a wonderful experience that we will remember forever!

Sent on 06/12/2019

David Ziegler · Married on 05/26/2019

ModSociety Rocks!

We couldn't have picked a better band to ensure our wedding had the right vibe all the way through. We went with a 10 piece configuration which was perfect for our venue and filled the space with amazing music all night long. They learned a handful of songs for us including one for our first dance and pulled them all off to perfection. Their catalog of songs is tremendous. All the members are top-notch musicians making the songs sound close to the originals but they do not come off like a glorified cover band. Our guests were out of their seats and dancing throughout the night thanks to the band. They were responsive and so easy to work with leading up to the wedding and truly blew everyone away. One of our guests was a major record industry executive back in the day and said, "I would have signed them, they are amazing"! Thank you Claudio and the rest of the band members for helping to make our wedding an unforgettable experience.

Sent on 10/25/2019

Brooke · Married on 05/09/2019

Best money we spent

Book them now. Thank me later.

We had Mod Society play at our wedding in Anguilla this past May. They successfully turned an already aggressive beach party into a total blow out. Working with Claudio was super easy even with all the logistics behind getting them from NY to the islands. Our guests were absolutely blown away by their talent, so much so that 2 months later we are still getting texts about it. It was truly epic. Hire them, have yourself a party. YOLO.

Sent on 07/12/2019
  • Sarah

Sarah · Married on 05/04/2019

Absolutely the best.

Great news - you can stop looking for the perfect wedding band, because you really can't get better than Mod Society. Booking them was one of the best decisions we made during our planning process. Claudio and the gang are so easy to work with and really fill the room with good vibes. They are INSANELY talented (I can't express this enough. We had a bunch of musicians in the crowd and they were all blown away) and know how to make a party a true party. They don't at all feel like a traditional wedding band, which was exactly what we wanted. I can't thank Mod Society enough for being so awesome during the planning and for making our reception one to remember. Our guests are still talking about how awesome they were. Thank you thank you thank you, Mod Society!!!

Sent on 07/18/2019

Sue Bly · Married on 04/20/2019

This band willl not disappoint!!

They are amazing! Professional, polished, performance from beginning to end. Guests, whose ages varied greatly, didn’t even wait until after dinner to start dancing and the dance floor was packed all night. Everyone raved about them. Also had them for ceremony and cocktail hour. And very easy to work with and completely reliable. Amazing across the board.

Sent on 04/29/2019
  • U

Uta D’Ercole · Married on 03/30/2019

Real Class Act

Claudio is a real gentleman! He was a class act from day one to day of. He runs a very smooth show and very much tunes in to and adapts to the crowd. We felt so comfortable just putting ourselves in his hands for the entire evening at Lafayette. And he very confidently delivered. My crowd of many early-twenty-somethings and a ton of baby boomers and everything in between was so pleased. Job well done! Thank you Mod Society!

Sent on 04/02/2019

Katie Short · Married on 10/20/2018

A night to remember with Mod Society

Mod Society is PHENOMENAL ! I actually cried little baby tears of joy when they told me they were available to play my wedding. I first heard them play at my friends wedding a couple years ago and they were unreal. I didn't look anywhere else for a band, I had to have them. From start to finish I knew I was in for something great. Claudio is incredibly responsive and accommodating (even when my husband changed his mother/son dance last minute more than a couple times...) - and all of the band members are so incredibly talented. For my wedding, I wanted as much dance time as possible and that's exactly what I got ! Mod Society absolutely rocked it and I got so many compliments from my friends and family on how awesome and special Mod Society is - they truly made my wedding the most fun wedding ever! If you're looking for a great band (and they are available), I highly recommend booking them.

Sent on 10/29/2018

Cesar Velez · Married on 10/13/2018

Amazing band, will leave you wanting more!

I found Mod Society and quickly found YouTube videos of their work. I was pleasantly surprised at how great they were. My partner and I then visited a live performance and knew this was the band for us. They were professional and very fun to work with the day-of. Their energy lasted throughout the night and made the event so fun - most of the guests couldn't stop dancing. Thanks again to Mod Society!

Sent on 10/29/2018

John Paul Rinfret · Married on 09/29/2018

Best wedding band ever!

Mod Society was the absolute best and made our wedding a huge success. Every guest commented us on the band and are still talking about them weeks later. Claudio was incredibly helpful and professional through out. Their set list was perfect too. We couldn’t have asked for a better band!

Sent on 10/31/2018