Mod Society Reviews

56 Reviews for Mod Society

56 Mod Society Reviews

Katie Short · Married on 10/20/2018

A night to remember with Mod Society

Mod Society is PHENOMENAL ! I actually cried little baby tears of joy when they told me they were available to play my wedding. I first heard them play at my friends wedding a couple years ago and they were unreal. I didn't look anywhere else for a band, I had to have them. From start to finish I knew I was in for something great. Claudio is incredibly responsive and accommodating (even when my husband changed his mother/son dance last minute more than a couple times...) - and all of the band members are so incredibly talented. For my wedding, I wanted as much dance time as possible and that's exactly what I got ! Mod Society absolutely rocked it and I got so many compliments from my friends and family on how awesome and special Mod Society is - they truly made my wedding the most fun wedding ever! If you're looking for a great band (and they are available), I highly recommend booking them.

Cesar Velez · Married on 10/13/2018

Amazing band, will leave you wanting more!

I found Mod Society and quickly found YouTube videos of their work. I was pleasantly surprised at how great they were. My partner and I then visited a live performance and knew this was the band for us. They were professional and very fun to work with the day-of. Their energy lasted throughout the night and made the event so fun - most of the guests couldn't stop dancing. Thanks again to Mod Society!

John Paul Rinfret · Married on 09/29/2018

Best wedding band ever!

Mod Society was the absolute best and made our wedding a huge success. Every guest commented us on the band and are still talking about them weeks later. Claudio was incredibly helpful and professional through out. Their set list was perfect too. We couldn’t have asked for a better band!

Lizzy · Married on 09/15/2018

From the very beginning Claudio was so easy to work with! We decided on having a 10 piece band for our 4 hour reception and a DJ for the after party. When the big day arrived, the energy was INSANE! All of our guests couldn't stop raving about how good the band was, saying they were the best wedding band they had heard! About twenty minutes before Mod Society was supposed to finish, my Mom and I looked at each other and said, "They can't leave yet!?" so we asked Claudio if it was okay if they stayed another 30 minutes to which he replied "HELL YEAH!" If thats not good customer service, I don't know what is! Everyone was so flexible to make sure we all had the best time and for that my partner, myself and all our guests are forever grateful! I am not exaggerating when I say that we all danced for over 6 hours! Thank you Mod Society and Claudio for giving us the most epic dance party of our lives. I am still tired but oh so happy!

Abby · Married on 08/26/2018

I really cannot rate Mod Society highly enough! From the first time I saw a video of one of their performances online, I knew they were the perfect band for our wedding--no one else I saw in our search came even close to their energy, musicianship, style and vibe. Then my husband and I saw one of their live showcases in NY and that sealed the deal. To top it off, Claudio was the most prompt, professional, helpful vendor I dealt with during the whole wedding planning process. As for the wedding performance itself, I was totally blown away, as were all our guests! I'm still getting compliments from guests who said Mod Society was by far the best wedding band they'd ever seen, and I totally agree. They made our celebration an all out PARTY! Seriously hoping I get to attend another wedding where they play so I can dance the whole night. The best of the best!

• Rob

Rob Levy · Married on 07/29/2018

Real musicians that know how to throw a party

These guys are real, talented musicians, who have style and can also play all the hits. They aren't your garden-variety, corporate wedding band with a plug n'play group of singers and instrumentalists. It felt like having our friends play our wedding, if our friends were an incredible 10piece band with unbelievably talented singers, horns, guitars, drums, etc. We got non-stop compliments about them. One of our friends even hired them for their own wedding after hearing them at ours. Claudio was super responsive and helpful in all our requests. In particular, we needed an extra-long hora (Jewish wedding music w/circle dancing), and these guys crushed that better than any Klezmer band we've seen. They did every musical aspect of our wedding, the ceremony (guitar and cello), cocktail hour (jazz quartet), and the party (9-piece full band with horn section). They even learn up to 4 new songs just for your party. They aren't cheap, but they're worth every penny.

Sarah · Married on 05/27/2018

the ABSOLUTE best wedding band ever. they made the evening. we had an acoustic guitar for the ceremony, 3 piece trio for cocktail hour, and 8 person band for the wedding. They are all so unbelievably talented. Our guests were on the dance floor ALL night, and cannot stop talking about them even 2 months later. Would recommend without hesitation.

Juliana · Married on 05/12/2018

Mod Society was un. be. liev. able. From the very beginning of the process to the very last song at our wedding, everything was absolutely perfect. They are all extremely talented and the planning process was simple and easy. Every single guest raved about the music and how much fun they brought to our special day. I will recommend Mod Society over and over again! x

Lacey · Married on 05/05/2018

I can’t say enough great things about The Mod Society! Not only was our dance floor absolutely on fire all night long, but they were a total pleasure to work with. From our first phone call, Claudio was helpful and professional. He was always easy to get in touch with, quick to respond to e-mails, and accommodating of our requests. We had so much fun with them and all our guests can’t stop telling us how much they loved the band! They kept the night flowing extremely smoothly and completely stress-free and so so so much fun!!

Barrett · Married on 01/20/2018

Our night with the Mod Society was spectacular! Claudio was extremely responsive through the entire planning process, and very accommodating for our requests. The music was fantastic and our crowd was up dancing the entire night. Our friends and family couldn't stop raving about the band and a number of our friends work in the music industry (with very high standards!). We cannot recommend more strongly!!

Jane · Married on 12/10/2017

This band is awesome! Our guests really enjoyed and danced the night away. A perfect decision. Claudio was great to work with--very organized. I am a huge fan of Mod Society!

Mod Society 1
    Mod Society 2

Karen · Married on 10/28/2017

Fabulous Party Band!

After the ‘I do’s’ comes the most important part of the wedding- the party! A great band sets the tone for the entire evening and my daughter and son-in-law could not have been happier by hiring Mod Society to perform at their ceremony and reception on Martha’s Vineyard. Claudio could not have been clearer or easier to work with during the fee and planning process, travel arrangements, set up , ceremony , and actual party. The professionalism, musicianship, and repertoire of this group was unlike any I have experienced in a live band and all requests were honored. My daughter and son in law submitted their song preferences, chose from the band’s song list, and allowed the band to play off the crowd as they chose. Other than a short dinner break while the guests were eating, Mod Society performed non-stop for the duration of he party ( 4 hours). Absolutely no one was able to stay in their seats. The two lead singers were tireless and seemed to love performing often engaging the guests and having fun. Fabulous. Hire them!

Rachel · Married on 10/07/2017

Mod Society exceeded our expectations 100 times over. Hands down the best vendor at out wedding. We had them for 6 hours at our wedding, doing vintage jazz for cocktails and dinner, and high-energy dance music post-dinner, plus a photobooth! Claudio was super responsive and flexible with our schedule, and even met up with us the week before our wedding so we could talk everything through. We booked them 15 months before our wedding, and we knew from their videos that they were the band for us, but they are even better live. The instrumentalists are amazing, and Karen and Elliot's voices are incredible! People could not stop talking about how amazing they were all night long (and still can't stop talking about it!). Their flow of music was amazing and kept people on the dance floor all night. We truly could not have been happier, and would hire them again in a heartbeat!

Jennifer · Married on 08/26/2017

Mod Society was one of the best choices we made for our wedding! We didn't want a typical "wedding band" and once we saw their videos we knew this was the band for us. We gave them a few songs that we wanted for our first dances and they nailed them- putting their own style and twist to the songs and they sounded amazing. Everyone was blown away by the vocals and instrumentals. The band leader made sure to keep the flow of the wedding and he did a seamless job doing so. They kept the party going all night and helped to make the wedding a blast!

Joelle · Married on 08/06/2017

I can't believe how amazing this band is. They are definitely NOT your typical corny wedding band. We had a Kerin and the guitarist do the ceremony music, and it was so beautiful, I really felt it as I walked down the aisle. The whole band did our cocktail and reception and they were just terrific. They has such great energy. Throughout the night, guests were coming up to us to RAVE about the music. Their manager Claudio is a delight to work with- super responsive and accommodating.

• Z

Zak · Married on 07/16/2017

We loved the band!

Great sound, really fun and upbeat music, lead singer is amazing! Also, the guitarist is killer, and the main male singer does an excellent Bruno Mars; enough said! Our guests were raving about the band for days after the wedding.

They were super helpful and easy to work with leading up to the event. Claudio (the main guy) is a gem.

Also, we loved that they were "young and hip" -- not a traditional wedding band, but rather a group of musicians you'd also want to invite to the party.

Can't recommend them enough -- Mod Society all the way!

-Zak

Elizabeth · Married on 07/07/2017

Mod Society exceeded all expectations! Great music and interactions with guests. I am so happy to have had them play at my wedding! They really had wonderful acoustics and great song selections to choose from as well! The perfect choice! I also loved their photobooth!

Katie · Married on 06/10/2017

We had our wedding on 7/9/2017 and our wedding guests still keep talking about how great this band was. We asked them to learn a few songs for us which they did and covered perfectly. During the wedding itself, they were very interactive with the crowd and even came onto the dance floor at times during their performance. By the end of the night when Mod Society had played their last song, the crowd was chanting "One More Song!" which Mod Society performed brilliantly. I highly recommend this band if you are looking for a performance that people will remember for years to come.

Liz · Married on 06/03/2017

Working with Mod Society was a great experience from start to finish. I highly recommend them. We didn't have a large budget for our wedding, so spending money on a band was a really big deal to us (emotionally and financially). They delivered in every way. Claudio is super nice and great to work with, the planning was easy, the payments were simple, the song list was great, their organization and communication was superb. They get it. And most importantly, they're an insanely talented group of singers and musicians who covered all generations and genre's of music flawlessly. Even my 70 year old uncle was up dancing all night. We loved them and think they're the best at all of the things. You should totally hire them!

Eddie · Married on 04/22/2017

These guys were awesome and our wedding would just not have been the same without them. Claudio was so easy to work with and they nailed the songs we asked them to learn. They bought so much energy and guests said they have never danced so much at a wedding. Thanks Claudio and Mod Society for making our day so special.

Bryan · Married on 04/02/2017

We researched dozens of bands to perform at our wedding and Mod Society was the perfect choice! It's great when pure talent intersects with professionalism and Mod Society is the epitome of that perfect combination. Claudio has assembled a group of skilled, unique musicians to form a cohesive band that knows how to create the party atmosphere for your special day. From the DJ'ed ceremony, to the 3-piece jazz trio during cocktail hour, to the 7-piece band with 2 vocalists during the reception, Mod Society delivered flawless performances from beginning to end! They maintained the celebration's momentum and our guests are still raving about them.

Putting exceptional musical talent aside, Mod Society conducts their business in a very professional manner and offers great value. From our first interaction, Claudio was a pleasure to deal with. He is incredibly responsive, flexible, and reliable. Things can get complicated when dealing with numerous vendors while planning the biggest celebration of your life, but Claudio made it a breeze from beginning to end. He worked with me to craft a customized playlist with special requests, sequence first dances, select last songs, and everything in between.When I first saw him from afar at the venue, we exchanged a head nod that reaffirmed the complete confidence I had in him and Mod Society.

In summary, Mod Society goes above and beyond all expectations. They've redefined my perception of what a wedding band can and should be. If you're looking for the perfect band for your perfect day, book Mod Society right away. They made our day and I guarantee they'll make yours too!

Christine · Married on 03/18/2017

Mod society is amazing, this band was one of the best decisions we made for our wedding. Their musicality is fantastic (well above the average band I’ve heard at other weddings) but what makes them really exceptional is versatility, ease and most importantly value... They can do the whole wedding: we initially planned on using them for the ceremony (guitar), trio for the cocktail hour and band (6 piece) for the reception. They are easy to work with: on request by us and without issue Claudio canceled the ceremony guitar and added a player to the band two months before the wedding. As for value: they provide the sound system, lighting and, for a nominal extra charge, a photobooth. In summary, they are an easy one-stop-shop for the entertainment at the wedding.
    As for the band, nearly every guest we spoke with specifically pointed to the band as what made the wedding. They are cool, interactive, professional and fun. Jonathan and Karen are exceptional live performers. Karen does one hell of a hava nagila. Jonathan pores his soul into his vocals. We are so happy we got both of them on vocals. Lastly, Claudio is great and easy to work with, was extremely patient with us and really knows how to throw a great party. I will tell my friends that they need not look further for a band in the NYC area.

Mara · Married on 02/05/2017

They were awesome!!!! I highly recommend hiring Mod Society (formally Ainslie Street Vibes) for your wedding!! We got married in November 2016 in Randolph, NJ they were just perfect for our wedding reception! Claudio was fantastic to contact, he responds very quickly to emails which was greatly appreciated. The music was amazing, we got so many compliments from our guests that they were the best reception music they ever heard. One of our favorite parts was when some of the band members and singers came onto the dance floor with such high energy. If you are having a Jewish wedding, Keren sings and the whole band performs an AMAZING hora!! My family asked for a long Hora and they definitely delivered! We also loved the male singer (I forgot his name) that does the Bruno Mars covers! And the full horn section was definitely worth it! I would hire them again in a heartbeat, and we can't wait to get our wedding video just so we can listen to them perform!

Danielle · Married on 10/22/2016

These guys are the best! The band manager Claudio was responsive and wonderful to work with from the first email inquiring about their group to the very last email when we wrapped everything up after our wedding. He was great to me and our wedding planners and made the process of planning with the band so easy.

Most importantly the band was wonderful! They sounded great and Keren (one of their singers) has an AMAZING voice and stage presence that set the tone for our entire evening. She was a wonderful host and moved our evening forward gracefully on the mic.

These guys also play a wide range of music. We had some excellent jazz during dinner and then they did awesome renditions of our favorite top 40's hits when we got the dance floor going.

If you want a special band at your wedding then definitely hit Claudio up and check out the videos on their website. They made our night.

Melanie · Married on 08/20/2016

Amazing! They were incredible all around! We had a latin jewish wedding and they were to accommodate all our requests by performing latin, hebrew and english songs + amazing jazz for cocktail and dinner. We had soo many guest rave about our band. Claudio is super professional and great to interact before the wedding. He was flexible and helpful. Karen and Elliot have incredible voices, The band is really the best! I would not think twice before hiring them in the future.