45 Reviews for Mod Society

Liability Insurance (8)
Microphones (7)
Lighting (6)
43 Mod Society Reviews

I can’t say enough great things about The Mod Society! Not only was our dance floor absolutely on fire all night long, but they were a total pleasure to work with. From our first phone call, Claudio was helpful and professional. He was always easy to get in touch with, quick to respond to e-mails, and accommodating of our requests. We had so much fun with them and all our guests can’t stop telling us how much they loved the band! They kept the night flowing extremely smoothly and completely stress-free and so so so much fun!!

Profile Picture Lacey, 5/5/18, 2 Reviews
Category: Band

Our night with the Mod Society was spectacular! Claudio was extremely responsive through the entire planning process, and very accommodating for our requests. The music was fantastic and our crowd was up dancing the entire night. Our friends and family couldn't stop raving about the band and a number of our friends work in the music industry (with very high standards!). We cannot recommend more strongly!!

Profile Picture Barrett, 1/20/18, 1 Review
Services Used: Lighting, Microphones, Sound/PA System, Liability Insurance

Mod Society exceeded our expectations 100 times over. Hands down the best vendor at out wedding. We had them for 6 hours at our wedding, doing vintage jazz for cocktails and dinner, and high-energy dance music post-dinner, plus a photobooth! Claudio was super responsive and flexible with our schedule, and even met up with us the week before our wedding so we could talk everything through. We booked them 15 months before our wedding, and we knew from their videos that they were the band for us, but they are even better live. The instrumentalists are amazing, and Karen and Elliot's voices are incredible! People could not stop talking about how amazing they were all night long (and still can't stop talking about it!). Their flow of music was amazing and kept people on the dance floor all night. We truly could not have been happier, and would hire them again in a heartbeat!

Profile Picture Rachel, 10/7/17, 1 Review
Services Used: Liability Insurance, Lighting, Microphones, Sound/PA System

Mod Society was one of the best choices we made for our wedding! We didn't want a typical "wedding band" and once we saw their videos we knew this was the band for us. We gave them a few songs that we wanted for our first dances and they nailed them- putting their own style and twist to the songs and they sounded amazing. Everyone was blown away by the vocals and instrumentals. The band leader made sure to keep the flow of the wedding and he did a seamless job doing so. They kept the party going all night and helped to make the wedding a blast!

Profile Picture Jennifer, 8/26/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Band

I can't believe how amazing this band is. They are definitely NOT your typical corny wedding band. We had a Kerin and the guitarist do the ceremony music, and it was so beautiful, I really felt it as I walked down the aisle. The whole band did our cocktail and reception and they were just terrific. They has such great energy. Throughout the night, guests were coming up to us to RAVE about the music. Their manager Claudio is a delight to work with- super responsive and accommodating.

Profile Picture Joelle, 8/6/17, 3 Reviews
Services Used: Sound/PA System, Liability Insurance

We loved the band!

Great sound, really fun and upbeat music, lead singer is amazing! Also, the guitarist is killer, and the main male singer does an excellent Bruno Mars; enough said! Our guests were raving about the band for days after the wedding.

They were super helpful and easy to work with leading up to the event. Claudio (the main guy) is a gem.

Also, we loved that they were "young and hip" -- not a traditional wedding band, but rather a group of musicians you'd also want to invite to the party.

Can't recommend them enough -- Mod Society all the way!

-Zak

Profile Picture Zak, 7/16/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Band, DJ
Services Used: Lighting, Microphones, Sound/PA System, Liability Insurance

Mod Society exceeded all expectations! Great music and interactions with guests. I am so happy to have had them play at my wedding! They really had wonderful acoustics and great song selections to choose from as well! The perfect choice! I also loved their photobooth!

Profile Picture Elizabeth, 7/7/17, 1 Review
Category: Band, Event Rentals & Photobooths
Services Used: Lighting, Microphones, Sound/PA System

We had our wedding on 7/9/2017 and our wedding guests still keep talking about how great this band was. We asked them to learn a few songs for us which they did and covered perfectly. During the wedding itself, they were very interactive with the crowd and even came onto the dance floor at times during their performance. By the end of the night when Mod Society had played their last song, the crowd was chanting "One More Song!" which Mod Society performed brilliantly. I highly recommend this band if you are looking for a performance that people will remember for years to come.

Profile Picture Katie, 6/10/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Band

Working with Mod Society was a great experience from start to finish. I highly recommend them. We didn't have a large budget for our wedding, so spending money on a band was a really big deal to us (emotionally and financially). They delivered in every way. Claudio is super nice and great to work with, the planning was easy, the payments were simple, the song list was great, their organization and communication was superb. They get it. And most importantly, they're an insanely talented group of singers and musicians who covered all generations and genre's of music flawlessly. Even my 70 year old uncle was up dancing all night. We loved them and think they're the best at all of the things. You should totally hire them!

Profile Picture Liz, 6/3/17, 1 Review
Category: Band

These guys were awesome and our wedding would just not have been the same without them. Claudio was so easy to work with and they nailed the songs we asked them to learn. They bought so much energy and guests said they have never danced so much at a wedding. Thanks Claudio and Mod Society for making our day so special.

Profile Picture Eddie, 4/22/17, 1 Review
Category: Band

We researched dozens of bands to perform at our wedding and Mod Society was the perfect choice! It's great when pure talent intersects with professionalism and Mod Society is the epitome of that perfect combination. Claudio has assembled a group of skilled, unique musicians to form a cohesive band that knows how to create the party atmosphere for your special day. From the DJ'ed ceremony, to the 3-piece jazz trio during cocktail hour, to the 7-piece band with 2 vocalists during the reception, Mod Society delivered flawless performances from beginning to end! They maintained the celebration's momentum and our guests are still raving about them.

Putting exceptional musical talent aside, Mod Society conducts their business in a very professional manner and offers great value. From our first interaction, Claudio was a pleasure to deal with. He is incredibly responsive, flexible, and reliable. Things can get complicated when dealing with numerous vendors while planning the biggest celebration of your life, but Claudio made it a breeze from beginning to end. He worked with me to craft a customized playlist with special requests, sequence first dances, select last songs, and everything in between.When I first saw him from afar at the venue, we exchanged a head nod that reaffirmed the complete confidence I had in him and Mod Society.

In summary, Mod Society goes above and beyond all expectations. They've redefined my perception of what a wedding band can and should be. If you're looking for the perfect band for your perfect day, book Mod Society right away. They made our day and I guarantee they'll make yours too!

Profile Picture Bryan, 4/2/17, 1 Review
Category: Band

Mod society is amazing, this band was one of the best decisions we made for our wedding. Their musicality is fantastic (well above the average band I’ve heard at other weddings) but what makes them really exceptional is versatility, ease and most importantly value... They can do the whole wedding: we initially planned on using them for the ceremony (guitar), trio for the cocktail hour and band (6 piece) for the reception. They are easy to work with: on request by us and without issue Claudio canceled the ceremony guitar and added a player to the band two months before the wedding. As for value: they provide the sound system, lighting and, for a nominal extra charge, a photobooth. In summary, they are an easy one-stop-shop for the entertainment at the wedding.
As for the band, nearly every guest we spoke with specifically pointed to the band as what made the wedding. They are cool, interactive, professional and fun. Jonathan and Karen are exceptional live performers. Karen does one hell of a hava nagila. Jonathan pores his soul into his vocals. We are so happy we got both of them on vocals. Lastly, Claudio is great and easy to work with, was extremely patient with us and really knows how to throw a great party. I will tell my friends that they need not look further for a band in the NYC area.

Profile Picture Christine, 3/18/17, 4 Reviews
Services Used: Lighting, Microphones, Sound/PA System, Liability Insurance

They were awesome!!!! I highly recommend hiring Mod Society (formally Ainslie Street Vibes) for your wedding!! We got married in November 2016 in Randolph, NJ they were just perfect for our wedding reception! Claudio was fantastic to contact, he responds very quickly to emails which was greatly appreciated. The music was amazing, we got so many compliments from our guests that they were the best reception music they ever heard. One of our favorite parts was when some of the band members and singers came onto the dance floor with such high energy. If you are having a Jewish wedding, Keren sings and the whole band performs an AMAZING hora!! My family asked for a long Hora and they definitely delivered! We also loved the male singer (I forgot his name) that does the Bruno Mars covers! And the full horn section was definitely worth it! I would hire them again in a heartbeat, and we can't wait to get our wedding video just so we can listen to them perform!

Profile Picture Mara, 2/5/17, 1 Review
Category: Band

These guys are the best! The band manager Claudio was responsive and wonderful to work with from the first email inquiring about their group to the very last email when we wrapped everything up after our wedding. He was great to me and our wedding planners and made the process of planning with the band so easy.

Most importantly the band was wonderful! They sounded great and Keren (one of their singers) has an AMAZING voice and stage presence that set the tone for our entire evening. She was a wonderful host and moved our evening forward gracefully on the mic.

These guys also play a wide range of music. We had some excellent jazz during dinner and then they did awesome renditions of our favorite top 40's hits when we got the dance floor going.

If you want a special band at your wedding then definitely hit Claudio up and check out the videos on their website. They made our night.

Profile Picture User7361141, 1+ year ago, 1 Review
Category: Band

Amazing! They were incredible all around! We had a latin jewish wedding and they were to accommodate all our requests by performing latin, hebrew and english songs + amazing jazz for cocktail and dinner. We had soo many guest rave about our band. Claudio is super professional and great to interact before the wedding. He was flexible and helpful. Karen and Elliot have incredible voices, The band is really the best! I would not think twice before hiring them in the future.

Profile Picture Melanie, 8/20/16, 1 Review
Category: Band

ASV provided true all-round awesomeness, we couldn't be happier we chose them.

Claudio was really easy to work with in the planning stages, very responsive and flexible. Then on the day, the band performed their butts off, so many guests commented about how great they were. They also killed the announcements (which included some tricky German names!).

The photo booth they provided rocked as well. All-around as good and better than we had hoped for. Would very much recommend.

Profile Picture Schier, 8/19/16, 6 Reviews
Category: Band, Photography

Our guests could not say enough good things about Ainsle Street Vibes (ASV). We booked ASV for just our cocktail hour, and I think most of our guests wished they could have stayed for the entire reception! Claudio (band leader and manager) was responsive and professional from the start. Throughout the planning stages, I always felt confident that he was on top of things, and that he and the band were absolutely qualified. Now, for the band--they were amazing! Not only were they talented musicians, but so kind and genuine as well. I felt like they enjoyed playing just as much as we enjoyed listening! Another bonus is that they learned a song for our first dance! All in all, I actually wish I was hosting another big event, just so I could hire them again.

Profile Picture User6923222, 1+ year ago, 1 Review
Category: Band

We loved our experience with Anslie Street Vibes!

I don't know where to start in reviewing this wonderful band. We wanted good music for our wedding because we felt the quality of music is one of the most determining factors for a fun wedding. We booked a 4 piece band with Keren as a vocalist for our June wedding. We could not have made a better choice! Claudio (manager) was professional and flexible and guided us along each step in the booking process. He answered our questions and concerns and put us at ease throughout the process.

The music was perfect on the day of the wedding! The band played lighter jazz during the first half of the reception and got everyone dancing during the second half. After they performed the last song, our guests repeatedly shouted "One more!" because they did not want the music to end and ASV played one additional song.

Our guests complimented us on the band the entire night and the days following the wedding. We would confidently recommend Anslie Street Vibes to anyone looking for a quality band for their event!

Profile Picture L , 6/18/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Band

I am so happy to have found Ainslie Street Vibes for our wedding! We used a 3 piece band for our ceremony and a DJ for the reception. Claudio was fantastic to work with on our wedding day and the months leading up to it. During the planning stages he was incredibly responsive and professional. He helped us work through planning the timeline of our day and helped us nail down the best musical choices for our event. On the day of the wedding he was flexible and on top of things and helped our party run so smoothly. He was a pleasure to work work and I cannot recommend ASV enough!

Profile Picture Melissa, 6/10/16, 3 Reviews
Category: Band, DJ

This band is AMAZING. I could not imagine working with a better band for our wedding. From the ceremony music to the reception, everything was perfect. They are each individually extremely talented musicians that together make an amazing band, plus they were extremely professional, easy to work with, and knew exactly what they were doing the whole time. Claudio, the manager and one of the musicians, was phenomenal to work with – very quick to respond to any questions, gave very helpful suggestions along the way on how to tailor things to our needs, and overall just a nice guy who you could tell really cared about making this day special for us. Based on what we saw on the website and Claudio’s professionalism and knowledge, we decided to book them for our wedding. We went with a 7-piece band that included 2 singers (Karen and Jonathan- they are the best and have such great voices and really got the crowd going!). They have their own sound technician (which is not something I saw when researching other bands) and the sound quality was phenomenal. Multiple guests commented immediately on how one could tell they put a lot of thought into the opening dances. Many of our guests commented that their versions were better than the original versions! We gave them some direction on what we liked and didn’t like but basically told them we wanted people dancing and to do their thing. They knew exactly what they were doing and had the dance floor packed. So many of our guests commented on how great they were, they were the best wedding band ever, how did we find them, etc. Everyone wanted an encore at the end, which they did. In summary, you can’t go wrong with this band. They are extremely talented musicians, fun and energetic that will make your party, and so professional and easy to work with. My only regret from my wedding was not having a videographer – just so we could have their music from the day recorded. Honestly, they are that great!

Profile Picture Caitlin, 5/28/16, 1 Review
Category: Band

We cannot recommend Ainslie Street Vibes enough. From start to finish, they were so easy to work with. The accommodated all of our requests and the day of the wedding, they were excellent. They were the perfect music backdrop to our wedding, and their energy really had the crowd going. We received so many compliments on how good the band was. Again, we highly recommend Ainslie Street Vibes.

Profile Picture Erin and Scott, 5/14/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Band

FANTASTIC! I used Ainslie Street Vibes for literally my entire wedding - they provided music for the ceremony (solo guitar), cocktail hour (trio), and reception (5 piece band for 1/2 and DJ for 1/2), a sound system for the ceremony, and a photo booth! This saved us a ton of $$! Claudio, the band's manager, was extremely easy to work with, the band was professional, and the quality of the music blew us away. I was a little concerned guests would not dance to a "jazz band" so I had the band play for 1/2 and had Claudio DJ the second 1/2. I was so wrong - the band brought such a great energy and played such a great mix that the guests could not stop dancing. I only wish I had the band play all night!!!!

Profile Picture Delaine, 1/17/16, 4 Reviews
Category: Band, DJ, Unique Services (Other)
Services Used: Microphones, Sound/PA System, Liability Insurance

If you're looking for wedding band that's truly talented, super flexible, affordable and committed to making your wedding a musically memorable event, look no further than Ainslie Street Vibes. My wife and I first heard of them on The Knot, then spent time on their website (their clips were extremely impressive) and then saw them live in a quintet combo at an outdoor concert which convinced us that they were exactly what we were looking for for our November 2015 wedding. Working with ASV was fun and super straightforward, and we especially appreciated their patience and flexibility as we discussed several options for the day-of arrangement. (We wound up going with a guitar-sax-base trio for the ceremony, the same trio plus a phenomenal singer - Keren - for cocktail hour and the first half of the reception, and then the DJ option for the second half of the reception, which worked beautifully.) ASV's awesome repertoire of jazz standards, bossa nova, oldies and blues worked perfectly, and we really appreciated their low-key and light but super celebratory touch. They made our wedding day truly unforgettable and we can't thank them enough!

Profile Picture Daniel, 11/22/15, 2 Reviews
Category: Band

We hired Ainslie Street Vibes for our wedding reception in Williamsburg and they were absolutely amazing! We received so many compliments from our guests! Hire them, you won't regret it!

Profile Picture Kate, 10/24/15, 1 Review