MJL Photography & Films Reviews

56 | Cranston, RI

56 Reviews for MJL Photography & Films

Brianna · Married on 08/01/2015

Mike is absolutely amazing. He's hardworking, personable, very sweet and his work is exceptional. We are coming up on our 1 year anniversary and I still have people raving about our wedding pictures. You will not be disappointed with MJL!

Sent on 06/30/2015

Michael was absolutely wonderful to work with!!! Our video is amazing and he is extremely creative. Would recommend to anyone seeking videography service. He worked so well with everyone!

Sent on 11/21/2015

MJL Photography and Film was absolutely amazing! I can't express how easy they were to work with. MJL responded to my initial inquiry within hours and answered all my questions. As soon as we booked- I never looked back! MJL's team was professional, personal and friendly. They captured my wedding day through photography and film so my husband and I can literally re-live the day any day of the week.
    Our final product of photos, films and our beautiful wedding album are something out of a magazine. MJL has an eye for perfection and his work shows it! MJL thank you!!!

Sent on 09/12/2016

Michael was absolutely awesome to work with! He was responsive, accommodating and produced the best wedding video we could have ever imagined. I would highly recommend him to anyone looking for an amazing video for a very reasonable price. the day of the wedding it was like he wasn't even there, yet he captured everything so perfectly. You can't go wrong if you book him!

Sent on 10/22/2015

Sarah · Married on 07/11/2015

I can honestly say that going with MJL for our videography was one of the best decisions we could have made. When we first met with Mike, I knew that we were going to get along perfectly. You could tell he loves what he does, and still gets excited about new projects.
    Prior to the wedding day, I didn't give Mike much direction, as I just wanted him to have free creative reign - and I'm glad I did.
    In addition to the full length video, we opted for the 15 minute cinematic trailer. I loved that this was an option, because you can show off your wedding video without making someone sit down to watch 6 hours of footage! Seeing the video, it surpassed my wildest dreams of what it could have been. It was so moving - so touching - that I couldn't help but well up with happiness when I saw it. To be honest, I cried like a baby, hahaha. It told a story. Our story. And I am so happy that I have this beautiful masterpiece to call my own, and show so that everyone can get a feel for that wonderful day.

Sent on 09/22/2015

Abby · Married on 07/10/2015

I am so glad that we booked Mike for our wedding photography. He did an amazing job capturing every moment of our wedding day. Not only that, but he even provided some "therapy" on the wedding day when the timeline wasn't going as planned! I almost had some tears but Mike was able to talk me through it and let me know that everything would be fine and that he would get all of the photos we wanted, no worries. He basically saved the day because I was about to ruin my make-up and probably say some things that I would regret! He was able to keep everyone in the bridal party comfortable and made sure to keep things light hearted and easy going. It's hard taking pictures for a long time, and he made sure to keep things go but also give some breaks so our pictures didn't look forced or lackluster. I received all of my photos within the promised timeline and they are GORGEOUS! He truly delivers great candids, along with beautiful posed family pictures. I should also mention that our engagement pictures were also by MJL and Mike was super flexible with our ideas and the photos were also beautiful from the engagement session. I highly recommend MJL photography & films to all brides. He is awesome!

Sent on 09/20/2015

Monika · Married on 06/20/2015

Michael and his assistant Eric were a pleasure to work with. We had a great time with out engagement shoot and the pictures came out beautifully. Michael came up with a lot of great ideas for the day of the wedding. He had my check list in his phone and made sure that we didn't forget or miss any shots that I wanted. He was great with the family shots and got through them very quickly, which made them very happy. I haven't received the pictures yet but she few he sent me were great. I am very happy and glad that we booked him. We also bought our photo album through him and I can't wait to get it!

Sent on 06/30/2015

Eve · Married on 05/30/2015

I would, hands-down, recommend MJL to anyone seeking videography services. We were very much on the fence about getting a videographer, given that expenses were adding up for the wedding, however it was probably the best decision we made regarding the entire wedding weekend. Everything goes by so fast and you miss so much of the action, so when I received the very high-quality, quickly delivered, amazing video from MJL, I could not stop crying. Mike exactly captured my day the way I wanted to remember it. There were some stressful moments that day, but he remained cool, gave me space when I needed it, and worked so well with everyone in the wedding party. He was very punctual, responsive and everyone who has seen the video remarks on the "Hollywood" quality of it, putting other wedding videos to shame. The best part was the cost. Unbelievable product for the cost...it was refreshing to have a reasonably priced wedding vendor! My favorite part was his use of speeches and emphasis on showing my family members and showcasing the dancing and all the elements that were important to me. People have remarked that they have watched the video multiple times because it is such a great reminder of the day. I love the use of powerful, yet elegant music for the trailer and emotional (but not cheesy) music that sets the perfect tone for the long film. The use of aerial shots added an element of breathtaking drama to the video that is unparalleled in other video samples I have seen. Again, given all of this, I can't believe that he was able to turn around both videos so quickly. I am a very picky person and I am 1000% happy with putting the most important day of my life in Mike's hands to document, package, and present to all my family and friends.

Sent on 08/24/2015

Laura · Married on 04/18/2015

Mike was fabulous to work with for
    our wedding videography! From the very beginning he was very professional, so easy to get in touch with, and always very quick to respond to my emails. The day of my wedding he arrived on time and was so fun to work with. He captured the most amazing shots without us even realizing he was videoing. Our wedding video is better than we ever imagined it to be. Every aspect of the day was captured to the fullest and I still cry every time I watch it!! You will not be disappointed with Mike if you hire him for your wedding video. We were very impressed!!! Reasonably priced too!

Sent on 07/15/2015

Megan · Married on 10/24/2014

Mike was the best! He is easy to work with, produces beautiful work, and makes it fun all night with his bubbly personality and his desire to capture all your special moments of the day! Anytime I wanted something to be captured and I turned to look for him, he was already filming! Absolutely one of the best decisions made for the wedding was to have him a part of our wedding team!!

Sent on 11/10/2014

We absolutely loved mike and his work! He captured everything we wanted and now we have a video to forever cherish of our special day! He was very easy to work with and on that day he was a pleasure to be around!

Sent on 07/01/2015

I wasn't going to have a videographer until I saw Michael's work. I was moved to tears watching a wedding video Michael (MJL Photography & Films) made of a friend's wedding. After watching that, I made a deal and let my husband keep his second motorcycle, just so I could add a videographer into the budget…although the videographer was much less expensive!

Michael and his employee worked diligently during the wedding to capture so much more than I even realized until I watched the video. He is charming and will put you at ease, which is especially helpful if you don't like being in front of the camera. Thinking back to that day, beyond the frequent laughter we all had with the wedding party and Michael and our photographer, we hardly new they were there. They were professional and captured everything while being seemingly invisible.

After the wedding, I didn't get much of a chance to talk to Michael about things I might want in the video or the music I'd like so I was a bit surprised when he said the videos were done. I was a little apprehensive because I didn't provide much input but after watching the videos, I realized I didn't need to. Michael is absolutely gifted at videography and while I didn't use him for photos, I've seen his work and he is amazing at that as well. I have only shown people the shorter version of the film so far and everyone has been blown away and was even told it was the best wedding video they've ever seen. I am so very thankful I came across Michael's work and that he was able to film our wedding. Take a few minutes and check out his website, you will be absolutely hooked as I was!

Sent on 12/19/2014

Emily · Married on 09/13/2014

Michael J Larson was helpful, understanding, talented and just a pleasure to have around. He knew and understood exactly what I wanted and captured exactly that. Truly a joy to have him capture the biggest most important day of our lives

Sent on 11/10/2014

Words cannot describe how happy I am to have chosen Mike to be our photographer. He was very laid back and so relaxed throughout the process. He was flexible with our budget and answered any and all questions I had. I knew going in to the day that he knew exactly what I was looking for and he would know exactly how to make us feel comfortable. He somehow "blended in with the crowd" as so many of our guests said (nothing is worse than the photographers that are annoying and seem to be everywhere you look) but he also managed to be super personable with our friends and family- making jokes and talking away. I asked him to get a shot on the wedding night and he had already taken it. That's the kind of photographer he is. He knows exactly what you want and delivers before you can even ask for it. He got our pictures to us so quickly and even touched up a few and Photoshopped some things on a couple of them to make sure I was 100% happy with the final product. He truly went above and beyond. He captured pictures of things I never even had the chance to see. I am so impressed with everything he did and cannot say enough positive things about him. I would absolutely recommend him to anyone and everyone!

Sent on 10/25/2014

Alicia · Married on 09/06/2014

Mike was awesome! We wanted someone professional and fun for our photographer and that’s exactly what we got. My husband and I were planning our wedding from out of state because we recently moved and Mike went above and beyond to work with us. Much more than what we signed up for in our contract. He was even willing to meet in person with my parents (as we were out of state) to discuss pricing and show them his previous work and portfolios. He was always quick to respond to email and easy to reach by phone. He even met up with us a few times in person when we came home to plan. We were also really impressed with how affordable everything was and the value was fantastic.

He was energetic throughout the entire process. Completely open minded with any ideas that we had for pictures and also used his own judgement capturing some great shots. Even on my actual wedding day, it ended up being so hot outside and the air conditioner broke in the bridal suite. He figured out what was wrong and fixed it, literally saving my sanity! I would highly recommend MJL photography to anyone.

Sent on 08/24/2015

Maribel · Married on 07/11/2014

We used MJL photography & film for both services photography and videography. We loved the final product for both and the price was affordable. The pictures were beautiful and loved what he was able to capture! Mike was very easy to work with and always made me feel comfortable right from the beginning. From the first time we meet, to answering many of my questions thru email or text till the day of the wedding. I remember we had lots of laughs the day of the wedding when doing pictures with the wedding party and just our pictures! We truly felt so comfortable with Mike! We could not have asked for better and so happy he was recommended to us! We definitely would use MJL photography& films again and definitely would recommend him!

Sent on 10/12/2014

Donna · Married on 05/31/2014

Michael Larson provides excellent photography and he has a wonderful personality that put everyone at ease.
    We couldn't be happier with the wedding album and video of all the special moments of the day.
    We highly recommend his work and he will work within your budget.

Stency · Married on 09/14/2013

We had the opportunity to have MJL Films and Photography film our wedding day. We could not have been happier with the service he provided for us! From the time he got there until the end of the night he was fantastic, and many of our guests told us how great he was. He was right there to capture every special moment. He was fun to work with, has a great personality and made you feel at ease all while a camera is following you. We would recommend MJL Films to anyone and everyone!

Sent on 10/03/2013

Nicole · Married on 09/01/2013

Michael and his assistant were the only vendors that did their jobs properly the day of my wedding. In fact, he helped me stay calm when my photographer went to the wrong location and was late at picture time. What a great job he did all day, he was extremely accommodating when my groom changed his location bc of a bow tie malfunction several times. Nothing was a problem with Michael. I would highly recommend his services! He made my wedding enjoyable and that's alot to say about a videographer! Also, his prices for the quality and service you receive are unbelievable! All this said and I still haven't scene my video yet- I'm sure it will blow my mind! Thanks Michael!! You truly saved the day:)

Sent on 10/01/2013

Ronalyn · Married on 08/17/2013

This review has been long overdue.... My husband and I got married last August 2013. Michael Larson and his team were very professional but at the same time, very easy and comfortable to work with. He really captured the most memorable moments from our wedding day. He took so many beautiful photos--not only are they crisp, high quality but most importantly, they tell a story. To this day, we still get so many compliments on our photos!! He kept tight communication with me and my husband throughout the entire process and was very open to our ideas. He has a creative eye, passion for photography, and his price is very reasonable. We're happy we hired him as our photographer!

Sent on 04/23/2014

I got married in August of 2013, and hiring a videographer was a last minute decision. And I am so glad I did; I am even happier that I hired Michael Larson. I chose him for his very reasonable prices for full day video coverage, and after seeing a few video samples from previous weddings, I knew the price wasn't sacrificed with quality. Michael arrived on time, was very professional, but also laid back; he knew exactly what I was looking for in my wedding video and it showed in the final result. Upon delivery of the video, we were able to re-live the day again.. It was perfection, the highlights of the day combined with background music and blurbs. I am so delighted, and would highly recommend Michael as a videographer!! I have seen his photography as well, and I just wish I had used him as my wedding photographer as well!!! You will NOT be disappointed. !

Sent on 10/07/2013

Michelle · Married on 06/28/2013

Our wedding pictures came out absolutely beautiful and Mike Larson was great to work with. We would be happy to have him as a photographer again for upcoming events.
    My husband and I couldn't have been happier with Mike Larson as our photographer!

Sent on 09/04/2013

We were more than happy with our wedding video!! Mike is very talented!!

Sent on 08/21/2013

Hannah · Married on 06/01/2013

Mike was a great photographer. We are so happy with our pictures, they came out beautifully. He was fun to work with and we couldn't be happier with the results.

Sent on 08/22/2013

Julie · Married on 04/26/2013

We used MJL Films and Photography for my wedding in April. My husband and I looked for a long time and had given up on the idea of having a videographer at our wedding. We just couldn't find someone that was up to date with videography. I didnt want to feel like I was watching a video from my aunts wedding I was in 15 years ago. We wanted a CREATIVE video to watch for years to come.
    Literally 2 weeks before our wedding I contacted Michael after a recommendation from my photographer. Michael rearranged his schedule to make himself available for our Friday wedding.
    The day of our wedding was the first time we had met. Michael and his brother showed up looking completely professional and ready to work. I could not say one bad thing about these two. They captured our day better then I could have imagined. They kept in mind all the ideas we had talked about over the phone and ran with it. I recommend them to EVERYONE I know getting married because I don't think anyone should "give up" on finding a videographer that they will love, like we almost did. You will never regret hiring this amazon duo to capture your special day!

Sent on 10/01/2013