49 Reviews for MJL Photography & Films

Multi. Locations (1)
DVD (1)
USB Flash Drive (1)
49 MJL Photography & Films Reviews

We booked MJL photography for my son’s Bar Mitzvah. Michael and his team were absolutely fantastic! We talked about what I was looking for during my first meeting and he not only met but exceeded my expectations. The photographer was so nice, accommodating and fun. He captured every moment. The pictures came out beautiful. I loved having them a part of my event.

Profile Picture Staci, 10/14/17, 1 Review
Category: Photography, Videography

My wife and I had our wedding on 10/14/17 and booked Mike Larson from MJL Photography & Films after seeing a lot of his work in research we were doing. We were looking for a certain style of video and photography and from the work we saw that he did, and when meeting him we knew we were going to be happy with his work. Mike is so passionate about his work that my words don't do it justice. We booked Mike for both video and photography as well as using him for our engagement photos. He also agreed to work out a contract with us that included an engagement style video. Do yourself a favor and check out some of his video and photography work because honestly words in this review truly do not do it justice. Any questions or concerns throughout the wedding process he answered and took care of it. He worked tirelessly on all of our stuff and the product was unbelievable. We want to thank Mike and his team for their hard work and dedication on capturing every moment of our special wedding day as well as the engagement photo/video work. I will definitely stay in contact with Mike and hopefully we can do some more work in the future together!

Matt and Amanda Fonaine
10/14/17

Profile Picture Matthew, 10/14/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Photography, Videography

I can’t say enough good things about Mike and his crew. My husband and I are so happy we chose him to capture our day. From our engagement photos, to wedding photos, to the video of our special day.. Everything was perfect! He was extremely flexible with our schedule when we were planning a day to take engagement photos. He captured everything we wanted, exactly how we wanted it! He made the whole process fun and comfortable for us. We are so happy MJL Photography & Films was a part of our special day, thanks again!

Love Samantha & Matt Brown

Profile Picture Samantha, 8/13/17, 1 Review
Category: Videography

I can't say enough about how great our experience has been with MJL. Both Michael and his assistant were extremely professional - they captured everything we wanted and more (beginning while we were getting ready and then all day and night at Castle Hill), yet we didn't even notice them on the day of the wedding. Following the wedding, Michael worked with us to make the end product better than we could have even imagined. We are so happy to have this video forever to re-watch and re-live the day they captured so beautifully.

Profile Picture Kerrin, 8/6/17, 1 Review
Category: Videography

Great videographer! Loved the droid view for the video! Don’t waste your time calling other videographers just chose mike!! He won’t disappoint you! thanks again !!!!

Profile Picture Katelin, 6/30/17, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Hiring Mike as the videographer for our wedding was the best decision I made!! He has such a talent for capturing the feeling of the day and all of the important little moments. The wedding video Mike created for us was better than we could've imagined, and we received so many compliments. I would definitely recommend MJL Photography and Films to any bride! Thanks again, Mike! You are truly the best.

Profile Picture Katrina, 6/17/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Photography, Videography

I absolutely loved our wedding photos and video Mike did for us! He puts so much thought, creativity and effort into his work. He is also super easy and flexible to work with, and is certainly a protectionist. All my friends and family were very impressed with his work. Highly recommend!

Profile Picture Sharon, 5/28/17, 1 Review
Category: Photography, Videography

One of our best wedding decisions was choosing Mike and his team to do our photography and videography. Mike has the best personality for this job- he's is so easy to get along with and there are no awkward moments with him, even when he's sticking a camera in your face. We did an engagement session months beforehand and the pictures came out incredible. Mike has such an obvious passion for photography and you can tell he is proud of the work he does. He lets you see glimpses of the pictures throughout the day and constantly asked us if there were any shots in particular that we wanted. Our family loved him- my photographer-wannabe mother is still raving about how he took her on as his apprentice for the day and taught her all kinds of tricks. Mike is laid back and easy to work with, but also professional and reliable. We can't wait to see our wedding pictures and video!!

Profile Picture Melissa, 8/5/16, 8 Reviews
Services Used: Ceremony, Pre-Ceremony, Reception

Michael Larson was a WONDERFUL videographer for my wedding! He was extremely professional and reliable. More importantly my wedding video came out PERFECT. I have had at least five people ask me for his name for their wedding because they loved the video so much! He was great!

Profile Picture Amy, 7/8/16, 3 Reviews
Category: Videography

Michael and his crew were fantastic! They were so easy to work with day of, and captured all the most important parts of our day. We would definitely recommend him to anyone looking for a great videographer!

Profile Picture Amanda, 6/11/16, 1 Review
Category: Videography

We heard about MJL Photography from family members who used him and were blown away! From the first time we met with Mike all the way through the wedding and again when we got our photos and video we have been thrilled that Mike was part of our wedding! It was an easy decision for us to make and one that we couldn't be happier with! We highly suggest MJL Photography! He is truly the best around! Thanks for capturing our wedding day so perfectly!
- Meaghan and John

Profile Picture Meaghan, 5/29/16, 1 Review
Category: Photography, Videography

Mike was absolutely amazing. Once we met him the first time, we knew he was the one! He was very reasonable and so much was included in our package! We got two short videos and ALL of the raw footage. We also got an engagement session and hundreds and hundreds of beautiful pictures! Finally, we got a beautiful, quality wedding album! (This was NOT the case for any of the other photographers/videographers we looked at). Mike made us so comfortable. He was like a friend taking our pictures, and he made us laugh the entire time. From our engagement shoot to the wedding, Mike was always there through text, call, or email. Mike was always available and ready to answer any "bride panic questions/moments" I had. I gave him a list of every picture combination I wanted and sample pictures, and he did EVERY SINGLE ONE! He was organized and knew exactly what he was doing. We have recommended him to everyone and two of our friends are now using him for their weddings. We could not be happier with Mike and how everything came out. Our friends and family cannot get over how beautiful the pictures are and how much our video looks like a real movie. :) Thank you Mike for capturing the best day of our lives!!!!

Profile Picture Courtney, 2/13/16, 1 Review
Category: Photography, Videography

Hiring MJL to video our wedding was the best decision we have ever made. They were able to capture our magical day and create an amazing wedding video for us. Their professionalism and artistic eye blew us away and we couldn't be happier with their work. Thank you to Michael and everyone else over at MJL for giving us the best wedding video I have ever seen and allowing us to relive our day for the rest of our lives!!

Profile Picture Steve, 10/4/15, 1 Review
Category: Videography

My fiancé and I were blown away at Michaels keen eye for detail and creativity. He is so much fun to work with. We had such a enjoyable time taking our engagement photos with him at Carolyn's Sakonnet Vineyard in Newport, RI. Mike made us feel very comfortable and it showed in our pictures. They all came out so natural. We cannot wait for our Wedding day and can only imagine what a beautiful job he will do on our special day. We would recommend him to any bride and groom.

Profile Picture Anna, 10/3/15, 1 Review
Category: Photography

To say our pictures and video left us speechless is an understatement! We are so in love with everything Mike did!!! If you want amazing, beautiful pictures and video that will capture every moment of your big day, then you have to hire Mike!

Profile Picture Alexandra, 9/27/15, 2 Reviews
Services Used: Digital Download, Ceremony, Pre-Ceremony, Reception, Cinematic

Michael was a pleasure to work with! He was professional, fun, easy going and creative. He made me feel at ease when I'm usually uncomfortable being video taped. He was very creative in the types of shots he wanted to take and had helpful suggestions. He is very laid back and you forget he is even there! I highly recommend him and his team.

Profile Picture User4700698, 2+ years ago, 2 Reviews
Services Used: Cinematic, Ceremony, Pre-Ceremony, Reception

Look no further! Michael is accommodating, flexible, and on top of it all his videos are THE BEST!!! I had to have copies made because everyone I show wants one. The cinematic edition is one of a kind and will crush any expectations you have.

Profile Picture Ryan, 9/5/15, 3 Reviews
Category: Videography

Mike is absolutely amazing. He's hardworking, personable, very sweet and his work is exceptional. We are coming up on our 1 year anniversary and I still have people raving about our wedding pictures. You will not be disappointed with MJL!

Profile Picture Brianna, 8/1/15, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Michael was absolutely wonderful to work with!!! Our video is amazing and he is extremely creative. Would recommend to anyone seeking videography service. He worked so well with everyone!

Profile Picture User5633046, 2+ years ago, 4 Reviews
Category: Videography

MJL Photography and Film was absolutely amazing! I can't express how easy they were to work with. MJL responded to my initial inquiry within hours and answered all my questions. As soon as we booked- I never looked back! MJL's team was professional, personal and friendly. They captured my wedding day through photography and film so my husband and I can literally re-live the day any day of the week.
Our final product of photos, films and our beautiful wedding album are something out of a magazine. MJL has an eye for perfection and his work shows it! MJL thank you!!!

Profile Picture User5129939, 2+ years ago, 3 Reviews
Category: Photography, Videography

Michael was absolutely awesome to work with! He was responsive, accommodating and produced the best wedding video we could have ever imagined. I would highly recommend him to anyone looking for an amazing video for a very reasonable price. the day of the wedding it was like he wasn't even there, yet he captured everything so perfectly. You can't go wrong if you book him!

Profile Picture User5548090, 2+ years ago, 2 Reviews
Category: Videography
Services Used: Cinematic, Ceremony, Reception, Add'l Hours, Highlight Video, Raw Footage, DVD, Digital Download

I can honestly say that going with MJL for our videography was one of the best decisions we could have made. When we first met with Mike, I knew that we were going to get along perfectly. You could tell he loves what he does, and still gets excited about new projects.
Prior to the wedding day, I didn't give Mike much direction, as I just wanted him to have free creative reign - and I'm glad I did.
In addition to the full length video, we opted for the 15 minute cinematic trailer. I loved that this was an option, because you can show off your wedding video without making someone sit down to watch 6 hours of footage! Seeing the video, it surpassed my wildest dreams of what it could have been. It was so moving - so touching - that I couldn't help but well up with happiness when I saw it. To be honest, I cried like a baby, hahaha. It told a story. Our story. And I am so happy that I have this beautiful masterpiece to call my own, and show so that everyone can get a feel for that wonderful day.

Profile Picture Sarah, 7/11/15, 9 Reviews
Category: Videography

I am so glad that we booked Mike for our wedding photography. He did an amazing job capturing every moment of our wedding day. Not only that, but he even provided some "therapy" on the wedding day when the timeline wasn't going as planned! I almost had some tears but Mike was able to talk me through it and let me know that everything would be fine and that he would get all of the photos we wanted, no worries. He basically saved the day because I was about to ruin my make-up and probably say some things that I would regret! He was able to keep everyone in the bridal party comfortable and made sure to keep things light hearted and easy going. It's hard taking pictures for a long time, and he made sure to keep things go but also give some breaks so our pictures didn't look forced or lackluster. I received all of my photos within the promised timeline and they are GORGEOUS! He truly delivers great candids, along with beautiful posed family pictures. I should also mention that our engagement pictures were also by MJL and Mike was super flexible with our ideas and the photos were also beautiful from the engagement session. I highly recommend MJL photography & films to all brides. He is awesome!

Profile Picture Abby, 7/10/15, 9 Reviews
Category: Photography

Michael and his assistant Eric were a pleasure to work with. We had a great time with out engagement shoot and the pictures came out beautifully. Michael came up with a lot of great ideas for the day of the wedding. He had my check list in his phone and made sure that we didn't forget or miss any shots that I wanted. He was great with the family shots and got through them very quickly, which made them very happy. I haven't received the pictures yet but she few he sent me were great. I am very happy and glad that we booked him. We also bought our photo album through him and I can't wait to get it!

Profile Picture Monika, 6/20/15, 10 Reviews