141 Reviews for Mixing Maryland DJs

Do-Not-Play List (22)
One Event Per Day (12)
Liability Insurance (7)
Uplighting (4)

Kyle was our wedding DJ and he was absolutely amazing!!!! I wanted a big variety of music that kept everyone dancing the whole time and he more then delivered!! Mixing Maryland made the entire process so easy, both Ryan and Kyle were super responsive every time I reached out. They made the whole wedding flawless and I can't thank you guys enough!!!!

Profile Picture Mattie, 8/25/18, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Mixing Maryland DJ'd my daughter's wedding. They were fantastic. All questions were answered via email within 15 minutes. They were very helpful in determining the schedule during the reception. In fact, our DJ, Pedro, was very responsive and jumped in when the venue had an issue with serving the meals. Pedro was able to jump in and keep the event going without anyone knowing there was a problem. Pedro read the crowd well and the dance floor was never empty. All requested songs were fit into the evening. The wedding was fantastic and Mixing Maryland was a big part of that! My highest recommendations! Thank you Pedro and Mixing Maryland!

Profile Picture Marjorie, 7/7/18, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ

While planning our wedding, we knew from the start that who we hired for music was one of the utmost important vendors -- and we are SO beyond glad we chose Kyle from Mixing Maryland. About a month before the wedding we had a call to go over all the VIP song selections, as well as songs/artists we liked and disliked, and based on everything Kyle played throughout the night you can tell he took everything we had to say to heart. I never left the dance floor after the music started, which is exactly how I wanted to spend the evening -- dancing to an INCREDIBLE DJ with everyone I love! We can not thank Kyle and Ryan enough!!

Profile Picture Morgan, 6/16/18, 8 Reviews
Category: DJ

We absolutely loved working with the team of Mixing Maryland. From the very beginning, Ryan answered all of our questions and was so quick to respond to our e-mails. He completely understood what we were looking for in our DJ for our wedding. Quentin (Q) was our DJ and he was absolutely awesome. He was so professional and so personable! We are so happy we chose Mixing Maryland as part of our vendor team. They’re simply the best. Thank you Ryan and Q!

Profile Picture Krissy, 6/2/18, 5 Reviews
Services Used: Consultation, Do-Not-Play List, MC, Microphones, Sound/PA System

Ryan was incredibly responsive and great at helping us set up our day. Kyle was our DJ the day of, and WOW, let's just say I've never seen my family dance so much! Kyle kept all the music on point and really helped us keep the flow throughout our entire day. I have lots of dance friends and friends who have DJ'ed who were there, and they were really impressed by Kyle and Mixing Maryland. I would definitely recommend them to anyone getting married!

Profile Picture Sylvia, 5/27/18, 7 Reviews
Category: DJ

If I could give an even higher rating, I would. Mixing Maryland was by the far the absolute best vendor at our wedding. Sean was truly amazing and provided impeccable services. He was insanely organized and professional. Our dance floor was completely packed the entire night. We loved every minute of it. Hire them immediately! You won’t regret it.

Profile Picture Sophie, 5/12/18, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Kyle at Mixing Maryland was an excellent match for our wedding DJ! He was very good at tapping me when needed to keep my husband and I on time when we needed to give speeches, cut cake, etc. without being pushy. He played the exact music choices and genres that we requested and there was not one song we did not enjoy. We got so many compliments on how awesome their song choices and spinning was. Thanks mixing maryland for helping make our wedding day so special!

Profile Picture Sarah, 4/1/18, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Cannot say enough great things about our DJ for our wedding. DJ Kyle is the man. He was on time, kept the ceremony and reception on schedule and overall was just perfect (organized/polite/fun etc.), He kept everyone, both the younger and older crowd out on the dance floor the whole night- people were dancing all the way up until they were kicking us out. Our day couldn't be better and I would recommend them to anyone in the MD area getting married who wants a phenomenal time at a great, REASONABLE, price.

Profile Picture Hannah, 11/10/17, 4 Reviews
Category: Ceremony Music, DJ

I cannot recommend Sean and the whole Mixing Maryland Team enough. Sean was fantastic - he had the perfect mix for our wedding. Everyone commented at how well he constructed the whole vibe of the party - we couldn't have imagined it going any better. He was professional and all his work was seamless - from the ceremony and cocktail hour until the last song of the night. We loved the whole Mixing Maryland team. Thanks guys!

Profile Picture susannah, 11/4/17, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ

If you want serious talent, hire Mixing Maryland. From the beginning, they were extremely responsive and thorough. DJ Q was our DJ and he was absolutely perfect. Not only did he follow my must play/do not play lists, he went above and beyond to make sure the mood of the entire night was perfect. I left music for the cocktail hour and dinner during the reception up to his discretion and he nailed it. For dancing during the reception - I literally only left the dancefloor to cut the cake and use the restroom. He was that good. Not only does he know WHAT to play, he know WHEN to play it and HOW...he literally mixes the songs into one another, not just having the songs on a playlist like anyone can do. Q made the entire night perfect from start to finish and I couldn’t be happier. Do yourself a favor and hire Mixing Maryland!!

Profile Picture Katie, 10/14/17, 7 Reviews
Services Used: Consultation, Do-Not-Play List, MC, Microphones, Sound/PA System

Kyle was our DJ for our wedding at the Peabody and he was great! We had sent him a long list of songs we wanted and he played them all in a great order and had everyone out on the dance floor the entire time! He respected our lists of do and do not play and incorporated country music which we wanted a little bit of while still making it dance -appropriate! He also was a great (and not cheesy) MC for the wedding with announcements and keeping everything on track. if you're looking for a contemporary DJ for your wedding (not an old man playing livin la vida loca) I would definitely recommend mixing maryland! They were also super easy to book and work with, and a great value!

Profile Picture Annie, 9/30/17, 5 Reviews
Services Used: Microphones, Sound/PA System, Do-Not-Play List, MC

We worked with Sean from Mixing Maryland for our wedding and cannot say enough great things! Sean is an incredibly nice guy and made us feel at ease as soon as we talked to him. We had two phone calls with him, and he was so thorough in asking questions we would never even think of to make sure he knew exactly what we had in mind. We didn't do a seated dinner so Sean was on the whole night to keep the music upbeat and he both matched and controlled the energy of the crowd. It was awesome and so, so fun. He is just such a nice guy and felt like a good friend who was with us on our big day!

Profile Picture Ashley, 9/30/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ

We cannot say enough good things about Mixing Maryland and more specifically, DJ Q. Leading up to the wedding, DJ Q made sure that we talked the week of to have all of the logistics down, including chopping of some requested songs, what style of music we wanted along with all of the other small things that we didn't think about. The day of, Q was well prepared and made sure that my wife and I and I could focus on all of our wedding plans instead of him and the music. When he greeted the wedding party before our entrances, he was extremely welcoming and gave us a 'fun' vibe to get us all ready for each entrance. The dance floor was literally packed from the second it opened until the very last minute (of all different ages too). The choice of music was EXCELLENT and there were no hiccups at all. The music was perfect for all age ranges and was narrowed down as the night went on. We literally could not have asked for a better DJ and will highly recommend Q for any of our or our friends events in the future. Thank you both (especially Q!) for your services - you helped make our wedding day absolutely perfect!

Profile Picture Steven, 9/9/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ

My (now) husband and I decided to book with Mixing Maryland after a call with Ryan, the owner, and Kyle, the DJ Ryan felt would be a great fit for the vibe we wanted at our wedding. We really cannot say enough great things about Ryan and Kyle! During the planning process Ryan reached out to us a few times to check in and make sure we didn’t have any questions, and he was available (as well as Kyle) for us to speak to when our venue threw last minute curveballs with regards to timeframe for setup. It meant so much to know that we had not only one but two people to reach out to with ideas, problems or questions!

Most of our planning was done with Kyle. He was truly a pleasure to work with! He was easy to get in touch with (via phone or email) anytime when we had questions during the planning phase (which was often!). On our big day, he made our wedding an awesome party all night long! He was very friendly and professional and was constantly thinking of new ideas to maximize our time (and that of the photographer's and videographer's as well) during the evolving timeline of the night! Special shout out to Matt, Kyle’s assistant, also for helping expedite the set up and ensuring flawless execution of the night! Our guests loved Kyle and Matt too! All the song choices were spot on for our crowd! We are so happy we had Kyle and Mixing Maryland DJ our wedding!!!

Profile Picture Elisabeth, 9/9/17, 6 Reviews
Category: DJ

Ryan and Sean were absolutely fantastic! They both worked with us on many requests from custom songs, custom mixes, lighting and just getting to know us! They helped make our day tailored to our tastes and keep everything on track. I would highly recommend them. The biggest things couples are told about when wedding planning is that its all about "the food, music and drinks". I personally believe people notice EVERYTHING nowadays but our dance floor was completely packed from the moment it was opened. There was no lost of energy at all throughout the entire event and it felt so full of fun and laughter. I am pretty sure Sean (who was our DJ on the big day) probably thinks we are all crazy but he was the one who kept the good songs flowing!!!! :) We couldn't have been happier with our choice and thank you both for an amazing day. Ryan and Sean are both genuinely great people who truly care. They treated us like an old friend and not a transaction, their service and quality is top notch! - Thanks!! - Carrie & Steve

Profile Picture Carrie, 9/2/17, 3 Reviews
Category: DJ
Services Used: Consultation, Do-Not-Play List, Liability Insurance, MC, One Event Per Day, Microphones, Sound/PA System, Uplighting

We used DJ Kyle from Mixing Maryland and could not have asked for a better DJ! He spent time going over our day of schedule in full detail and played all of the songs that we requested! He even pronounced all of our eclectic wedding party names correctly. He was a little skeptical of all of the Polish music that we sent him before the wedding (my husband's side of the family are all Polish), but as soon as he saw that guests flocked to the dance floor every time they heard a Polish song, he continued playing them throughout the night which made all of our guests extremely happy!

DJ Kyle kept the dance floor packed the entire night. All of the songs that he played were crowd pleasers. We had guests coming up to us the entire night saying they have never seen a dance floor at a wedding that packed and that it was the best music selection that they had ever heard at a wedding! DJs can really make or break the overall wedding vibe, and DJ Kyle definitely made our wedding a huge hit!! I highly recommend Mixing Maryland and DJ Kyle!

Profile Picture Julia, 8/19/17, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ

We used Kyle from Mixing Maryland for our wedding and he did a fantastic job! He was on time, helped set up all sound for the cocktail hour and reception, and even provided microphones for our officiant and people doing readings during the ceremony. Mixing Maryland is super responsive, and answered all of our questions during multiple phone calls. Kyle was willing to work with our timeline, and adjust to our wants.

The dance floor was never empty the entire night. Everyone loved Kyle's music selections! I would highly recommend working with Mixing Maryland.

Profile Picture Amy, 8/5/17, 5 Reviews
Category: DJ
Services Used: Consultation, Do-Not-Play List, Liability Insurance, MC, Microphones, Sound/PA System

Sean was great to work with throughout the whole process. Prior to the wedding, we spoke on the phone about the type of music to be played and the pronunciations of certain names. He was very thorough and we knew right then and there that we were in good hands. The introductions, first dance, mother-son, and father-daughter songs all went perfectly. In addition, the music during cocktail hour was on point. Ashley was ecstatic to hear the artists that we asked for and got so many compliments about the music. Throughout the wedding he was always a pleasure to work with and was very accommodating to song requests. I had multiple friends come up to me extremely excited as they said he had decided to play the song they requested. Also, a couple of my aunts came up to me during the reception to let me know the music was so good that they couldn't finish their dinners. Most importantly, whenever Ashley or I requested a song he would be sure to play it shortly after. I would highly recommend Sean and Mixing Maryland to a friend.

Profile Picture Bryan, 8/5/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ

We loved working with Mixing Maryland as our DJ for our wedding day. They were so easy to work with and did a great job with picking the music during our reception. Our DJ was Kyle and he did an amazing job moving the reception along and getting everyone to participate in the dancing! We would highly recommend Mixing Maryland to everyone!

Profile Picture Kirsty, 7/27/17, 6 Reviews
Category: DJ

Working with Mixing Maryland was a great experience from the beginning to the end! We met with Ryan initially to discuss our music style and vision for our wedding. Ryan was very knowledgeable and helped guide us through the initial planning process. He ended up pairing us with Jamaal based on our style and we couldn't have been happier. Jamaal worked with us to help choose songs that we wanted to include and he accommodated our request to have music in multiple locations throughout our ceremony and pulled it off beautifully! The music was amazing and he was a great and upbeat DJ! We couldn't be happier with Mixing Maryland!!

Profile Picture Erin, 7/22/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony Music, DJ, Lighting & Decor
Services Used: Microphones, Sound/PA System, Uplighting, Do-Not-Play List, MC

Our DJ was DJ Q (Quentin)

I only took off a little bit for responsiveness because he was working (so, not his fault but if you're a bride that's time sensitive then just be cautious - otherwise, he was SUPER responsive. Also, Ryan Deal responds quickly so if you can't get a hold of Quentin then contact their main email.

DJ Q was THE. BEST.

It's been 5 months since our wedding and I still have guests asking me for our wedding "playlist" because it was SOOOOO on point. Most weddings we've been to are Top 40 heavy. My husband and I requested 90s music, 80s music, Y2K music, classic rock, --- we specified artists like Michael Jackson, The Four Seasons, Sugar Ray, etc...

and let me tell you. He NAILED it. He was so good at reading the crowd and keeping the momentum going. He didn't play a single "slow" song because everyone was partying and having a really great time dancing to classics. He had a few Top 40 songs thrown in there, but good ones.

Couldn't be more satisfied. The music was definitely a highlight of our wedding and he threw his own style into the mix while keeping in mind our tastes. THE BEST!

Photo for Mixing Maryland DJs Review - No joke: it was like this the ENTIRE night. 10/10
Profile Picture Jessica, 7/22/17, 3 Reviews
Services Used: Consultation, MC, Microphones

We began our experience with Mixing Maryland by emailing and chatting with Ryan. He set us up with our DJ, Sean, after hearing what kinds of music we wanted. He was the perfect fit for what we wanted and EVERYONE has complimented our "playlist." We didn't have a playlist!! We gave Sean some song titles that we wanted to hear and he filled in the rest. It was great. Our only complaint through the many hours was one name mispronunciation. Highly recommended!!

Profile Picture Sally, 7/8/17, 4 Reviews
Category: DJ
Services Used: Consultation, MC, One Event Per Day, Microphones, Sound/PA System

DJ Q was the best part about our wedding! ;) It’s been almost 3 weeks since our wedding and we still have people coming up to us and telling us how great the music was and how much fun they had! There were people dancing ALL night!! We even had to move some of the tables over to make room for more guests on the dance floor. He played all of our favorite songs that we requested and put together an amazing mix for our cocktail hour, dinner music and dancing music. We asked for a good mix of everything and DJ Q put together just that! We had people on the dance floor from age 5 to age 80!

My sister-in-law and cousin sang at our ceremony and then surprised us with another song at the reception, and DJ Q was so accommodating and worked with them ahead of time to set up the mics, guitar, amps, etc!

Mixing Maryland and DJ Q helped make our wedding unforgettable! They are truly the best!

Profile Picture Emily, 6/24/17, 4 Reviews
Category: DJ

Mixing Maryland great to work with leading up to and throughout our wedding!
We initially worked with Ryan and talked with him about what we wanted at our ceremony and reception, the overall atmosphere we were going for, and the venue. He was very knowledgeable, helpful and, based on our description of what we were looking for, matched us with Kyle as the DJ for the wedding.

We connected with Kyle to talk through specifics of the event- schedule, what music we wanted when, how we wanted to be introduced, etc. He had no trouble at all with getting our ceremony music and the timing correct. At the reception, Kyle was great and was able to play music that suited the atmosphere as the night went on. Kyle was really able to keep people out on the dancefloor and made sure the party ended with a bang!
We could not recommend Mixing Maryland/Kyle more highly!

Profile Picture Caitlin, 6/17/17, 3 Reviews
Category: DJ

If I could give six or even 10 stars here I would. Mixing Maryland was my wedding DJ this last weekend and people are STILL talking about the music. I knew that we had made the right decision when I looked over and Kyle, our DJ was wearing our glowsticks and having as much fun as we were.

My husband and I live in LA and we see great DJ's all the time----- I'm not kidding, KYLE is up there with the DJ's I have seen in VEGAS.

They handled my ceremony music, cocktail hour and reception and I had at LEAST 10 people come up to me to tell me that "this is the best music I have ever heard at a wedding." I was referred to Mixing Maryland originally by my Wedding Planner AND my photographer, which I think says a lot since they are at weddings every single weekend!!! I remember my photographer saying "If you want people up and dancing, you HAVE to hire this DJ" The second the reception music started people flew out of their seats and stayed on the dancefloor all night!!! Kyle even worked with me to mix my first dance song prior so that it would be exactly what I wanted. Kyle arranged 2 different phone calls to go over exactly what we wanted, didn't want, we went over the wedding party names so he would pronounce them correctly, etc. OH AND HE MIXES LIVE PEOPLE. HE WAS SCRATCHING and dancing up on stage and sometimes I felt like I was at a concert. A+++ if you are looking for a DJ DON'T MESS IT UP. CALL THEM RIGHT NOW.

Profile Picture Sonia, 6/10/17, 4 Reviews