Mixing Maryland DJs Reviews

175 Reviews for Mixing Maryland DJs

• Bailey

Bailey D. · Getting married on 01/01/2022

Professional and fun!

We can’t thank Ryan and the team at Mixing Maryland enough for their generous offer to donate their services for BARCS’ new gala event “Dog Wedding.” When we were connected with Mixing Maryland we thought “Oh, nice. Looks like they have a great reputation and will add class to our event,” but little did we know how much more than music this company would bring to our event. All night I continued to call Ryan our ‘Master of Ceremonies,’ as he kept the schedule on track, made announcements, dismissed tables for food and, on top of all that, picked the perfect playlist.

Since our event was a fundraiser gala, disguised as a marriage of two dogs, we weren’t really sure if our guests would flood to the dancefloor like you would at a wedding with all your friends and family. Well, Ryan and his team did a great job surveying the room and creating the perfect playlist, because then the first song came on, the floor was packed. And, they kept that floor packed for the rest of the night.

I’d also like to thank Mixing Maryland for going above and beyond to promote our event and even do a fundraiser on their own social media accounts to benefit the event.

A huge, huge, huge thank you from all of us at BARCS for being an instrumental part of our Dog Wedding fundraiser. I can honestly say that I will be recommending Mixing Maryland to anyone looking to add music, dancing and crowd participation to their event.

Sent on 02/18/2020
  • Juan

Juan P. · Getting married on 10/02/2021

Exactly what I was looking for!

Mixing Maryland knocked it out of the park. We had our first consult with Ryan and he asked all of the right questions to help me figure out what direction I wanted to go in for the music. Of course, I had some idea, but some of it I wanted to be a game time decision - reading the crowd is everything to me. Troy was our dj and he did just, that...he matched the music with the vibes of my guests throughout the entire event. The right DJ is so much more then showing up and playing the "right" songs - the transitions and nuances can take an event to the next level and Troy did just that. They are worth every penny.

Sent on 03/03/2020
  • Samantha

Samantha P. · Married on 02/20/2021

Book them now!

Wow, there are no words to truly capture how incredibly Mixing Maryland’s whole team is. We worked with Ryan and Kyle throughout the whole process and they were by far the most dedicated, thoughtful and fun team we could have ever worked with. With COVID, the team was intentional and made sure to come up with plans based on our guests comfort levels of dancing. We had Kyle for our DJ, and he was unbelievable. Our guests constantly raved about him! We appreciate this team so incredibly much, they truly made it the best night ever!

Don’t sleep on this team for your big day, we received so many recommendations to work with them and we never regretted it since booking day one! Thank you Mixing Maryland for everything!!!!!

Sent on 02/24/2021
  • Rebecca

Rebecca · Married on 10/31/2020

Hands Down, The BEST!

There are not enough good things that I can say about Sean! He was seriously the best DJ for our crowd. When we first met with him you could tell that he takes his job seriously and he wants to make sure that it fits you. We were a little more laid back with a lot of things and just told him that we trust his judgment as far as timing and reading the crowd and boy did he read them right. All of our guests were raving about him and how he was amazing! I have already forwarded his information to multiple people that requested it. I definitely recommend him to anyone no matter what style you are. He went above and beyond and I almost forgot to mention, his personality rocks! I will definitely be hiring him in the future if he is available! Thanks again Sean for making our night a hit!

Sent on 12/03/2020
  • Olivia

Olivia C. · Married on 10/24/2020

Mixing Maryland made our party!

Mixing Maryland came highly recommended by our planner, The Hitched Co. Based on their awesome reviews and Ryan's prompt responses and communication I didn't hesitate to hire them. Ryan was awesome throughout the whole process in terms of logistics and general questions. DJ Troy did an incredible job on the day of. So many of our guests came up to us to ask us where we found him and tell us that he was awesome! We loved how professional DJ Troy was and love Mixing Maryland's commitment to not being your typical and/or cheesy wedding DJ. I gave Troy a spotify playlist in advance of the wedding so he could get an idea about what we like and he totally knocked it out of the park. Our dance floor was full all night and we begged for one more song at the end of the night. I wouldn't hesitate to hire Mixing Maryland again! (Photos by Margaret Wroblewski)

Sent on 11/06/2020
  • Morgan

Morgan H. · Married on 09/26/2020

TL; DR Just hire them already.

“What, did you guys hire the best DJ in DC or something?” — Actual wedding guest to us.

Ryan and Kyle were a joy to work with and made booking a DJ one of the easiest things to cross off of our wedding to-do list. My wife and I were thrilled that, even in the era of Covid, the dance floor was buzzing all night long for our September 2020 wedding. Kyle also did an excellent job executing the MC duties in the lead up to the dance floor opening. For us, we appreciated the collaborative nature of the experience with Mixing Maryland as they seemed to incorporate our input while adding twists that we wouldn’t have thought of on our own. In sum, Mixing Maryland earns our highest possible endorsement.

Morgan & Paul

Sent on 10/15/2020

Alex G. · Married on 09/20/2020

Kyle kept the party going - even if we weren't dancing due to COVID!

I am truly impressed with Mixing Maryland and their DJ Kyle! We booked them a year out from our wedding I think and WAY before this whole COVID thing... They were so flexible with us and worked with helping us find a date that worked well to keep our DJ for our postponed June wedding to September. We had a Beach wedding and they made sure that the groom had a microphone as well as the officiant so that we could be heard over the crashing waves. The music was on point the whole night and so many guests couldn't stop talking about the dinner music being so lovely and well played. Kyle was truly observant of our guests mixed music preferences and even made sure our weird tradition of a "Mock Wedding" was well heard and amped up the crowd for the parade. He made everyone enjoy the night even if we were just playing yard games instead of dancing on a dance floor. We can't thank them enough!

Sent on 10/20/2020

Mallory M. · Married on 09/19/2020

Exceeded my expectations

We LOVE Art!! He went above and beyond to be sure our day was everything we wanted and more. Art was super detail oriented and was able to make changes at my request at the last minute :) Mixing Maryland was incredibly professional, responsive and organized. Highly recommend!

Sent on 09/25/2020

Elizabeth L. · Married on 08/16/2020

The best DJ!!

Our wedding was SUCH a blast and guests cannot stop saying how much fun they had all night thanks to such great music! DJ Cubie was awesome and had all our guests (even with a smaller wedding) out there ion the dancefloor all night. The intros, the ceremony, the dancing was all perfect! He played the perfect mix of songs for everyone and it was quite the party, just like we wanted! Everything went seamlessly and you could tell he knew what he was doing to make our wedding perfect. Can’t recommend MixingMaryland enough!!

Sent on 08/18/2020

Elena B. · Married on 08/01/2020

Amazing to work with!!

Kyle was amazing!!! Great music that had everyone (every age) on the dance floor!!! He also was an amazing MC. Every entrance, exit, mixing, was absolutely amazing. Couldn’t recommend him enough!

Sent on 08/03/2020
  • Chelsey

Chelsey N. · Married on 05/30/2020

More than just a DJ!

Mixing Maryland, and specifically DJ Sean J, was amazing! He truly kept the party going and was so incredibly professional. We loved having him as our DJ!

Sent on 11/24/2020

Christine M. · Married on 12/28/2019

Djs that keep the party going!

Mixing Maryland was a great group to work with. Everything was so easy and Kyle and Ryan were so helpful with everything.

Kyle helped with music from every angle and kept the party going. The dance floor was full all night!

Sent on 12/30/2019
  • Kathleen

Kathleen H. · Married on 12/27/2019

Legendary dancefloor

Holy WOW. I trusted Mixing Maryland with the energy of our party and they did not disappoint! We were referred to Mixing Maryland both by our planners, The Otherside Creatives, and by a friend who had raved about using them for her own wedding. We consulted with Ryan and our day-of DJ, Kyle, ahead of time. Kyle read the room and I could tell he really took in the conversation we had beforehand about music selection without me being prescriptive. I think I gave him one must-play song, and otherwise he intuited our tastes to the tee. Kyle lived up to all the hype and, if anything, we had trouble staying OFF the dance floor. He was flexible and tastefully incorporated all of our mainstream and off-beat requests. I had so much fun at our wedding and all of the feedback I've gotten has been about how impressive our dance floor was the entire night. From the get-go, we discussed how dancing at weddings is possibly one of my all-time favorite things, and our wedding may have been the pinnacle of wedding dancing!

Sent on 02/03/2020
  • Z

Zachary · Married on 12/14/2019

Kyle of Mixing Maryland was phenomenal!

One of our vendors referred Lindsey and myself to Mixing Maryland, and they did not disappoint. Upon further research, we saw their incredible ratings/reviews and after speaking to them, it was a no brainer. We noticed Kyle has stellar reviews and we decided to book him after having a great conversation. He was helpful throughout the entire process and reached out to see if we had questions or to help us with any worries we had. He also gave us great suggestions! The dance floor was packed the whole night, and as busy as Lindsey and I were, we loved every song played. He went with the flow of the group perfectly and his DJ skills of fading music in-and-out and knowing when to start and stop a song was impeccable.
    He has a GREAT attitude and followed our requests with pinpoint accuracy. Kyle had to be in three different spots and was set up and ready to go before anyone even noticed (like he was Flash Gordon), the up-lighting and quality of sound was amazing and we had a game that involved our honeymoon destination that he made fun and really got our guests into it (we were very worried how it was going to turn out originally). Kyle went with the flow and used his experience to help provide the most memorable moments of our lives. Thank you, Kyle, Ryan, and the Mixing Maryland team!!!!

Sent on 01/13/2020
  • Elise

Elise S. · Married on 11/01/2019

Incredible

As a COVID bride, wedding planning has been incredibly stressful. Mixing MD was extremely accommodating, flexible, and understanding through the entire process. Communication was amazing, and, Troy, aka the greatest DJ ever, stepped in to play during our ceremony when we had a last minute change with our original musicians. He was there at the rehearsal and worked so well with us, our families, and our vendors. Day of the wedding he absolutely killed it!! Things went so smoothly and he played THE BEST music. It was actually hard to leave the dance floor because he didn’t play one bad song. 10 out of 10, highly recommend! TROY & Mixing MD, thank you so much!

Sent on 08/17/2020

Laura R. · Married on 10/26/2019

DJ Q really got the party going!

They were really easy to work with and super responsive and flexible. Quentin did our wedding and he was fantastic. A lot of our guests complimented us on a great DJ. I was a little worried that our wedding would be one of those where the dance floor never really picks up, but DJ Q really got the party going!

Sent on 11/08/2019
  • Campbell

Campbell M. · Married on 10/05/2019

Everything we could've hoped for!

We worked with Kyle for our wedding and could not have had a better experience! Before the wedding, all we really told him was that we hoped for a packed dance floor and he definitely delivered. We have had countless people tell us that our wedding reception was the best they have ever been to! From the first song until the last, the dance floor was packed. Kyle played a great mix of songs throughout the decades in addition to recent popular music. In addition, he was also very professional in doing our entrances, announcements, etc. Mixing Maryland came highly recommended by our wedding planner and we trusted her fully. We are so glad that we were able to work with Kyle and would recommend him to anyone!

Sent on 10/17/2019
  • Stephanie

Stephanie L. · Married on 09/21/2019

Excellent DJ and an amazing night!

From start to finish, DJ Sean was fun, professional, and kept the party going! We enjoyed every moment of our day, from the ceremony to the last song (which I'm not sure how but Sean literally picked the best last song I could've asked for - thank you!). We ended up rearranging a few things on the spot and Sean was great at coordinating those with us and our caterer and it worked out beautifully. While we didn't use it too much, I loved that we had the Vibo app to help with planning to give us some inspiration for part of our ceremony and reception. All of our planning calls and day of were so easy and fun. I spent SO much time dancing at my wedding with my favorite people and my husband.

Sent on 10/03/2019

Lori R. · Married on 09/14/2019

Totally amazing!!

When we started planning our daughter’s wedding, Mixing Maryland DJ’s was the first ones booked. Everything else was based on their availability in September 2019. Kyle is superb at what he does. We got so many compliments and wows that he was actually mixing the music. The dance floor was packed from the time he started and they were yelling for more when he ended. He also did our ceremony music which was beautifully done. Thank you for giving the Bride and Groom exactly what they wanted, a non stop party!! We highly recommend Kyle and Ryan, Mixing Maryland DJ’s for any events!!

Sent on 09/16/2019

Caroline · Married on 07/20/2019

Awesome DJ!

Mixing Maryland was wonderful to work with! From our initial phone call through the wedding day, they were organized, professional, friendly and very responsive. Kyle was our DJ and he kept the dance floor packed all night long! Our dance floor was outside on one of the hottest days of the year and our friends danced the entire night! Kyle is just a super nice guy and was great to work with! Thanks for helping to make our wedding a success!

Sent on 08/06/2019
  • Caroline

Caroline R. · Married on 06/29/2019

Sean brought the party!

If you have the opportunity to book Mixing Maryland for your wedding...DO IT! My husband and I really wanted to throw a fun party with a packed dancefloor the entire night, and that's exactly what we got. Everyone from elderly family members, parents, college friends and teenagers all danced the night away to music they loved thanks to our DJ, Sean. I was amazed at how he was able to read the room and ensure EVERYONE had songs that they loved. My Dad called our wedding the "Party of the Century" and my husband's grandfather was having so much fun that he did the splits on the dancefloor (no, really). These and so many other memories are 100% because of Sean.

Not only is Sean a super talented DJ, but he was diligent when it came to pronunciations of names (I even had foreign relatives!) and patient when it came to wrangling the wedding party for introductions. Every single interaction I had with him was professional yet lighthearted. I feel so lucky to have had him play at our wedding. Thank you Ryan, Sean, and the Mixing Maryland team for helping make our wedding the best day of our lives!

Sent on 07/16/2019
  • Olivia

Olivia · Married on 06/08/2019

Mixing Maryland is the best!

I cannot say enough wonderful things about Mixing Maryland. From my conversations with the owner, Ryan, to my check-ins with Kyle, I experienced nothing but professionalism from this company.

Our DJ, Kyle, was AMAZING. The dance floor was packed all night and we received so many compliments on the music. There wasn’t one song I didn’t like. Mixing Maryland did not disappoint. Thank you for making our wedding night one to remember!

If you’re looking for an awesome DJ for your wedding, I highly recommend Mixing Maryland. You won’t regret it!

Sent on 06/12/2019

Jessica · Married on 05/26/2019

Excellent wedding DJ Choice

We are so happy that we chose Mixing Maryland as our DJ for our wedding! Ryan is extremely responsive and professional and made the booking process easy and stress-free. He was always quick to answer any questions I came up with and had great recommendations. Quentin, the DJ at our wedding was excellent! He took our recommendations and definitely tuned into what was keeping our guests on the dance floor (which is where they stayed all night). Many guests came up to us and told us how great he was- we would definitely recommend Mixing Maryland to anyone looking for a DJ for their wedding!

Sent on 06/03/2019
  • Francesca

Francesca G. · Married on 05/18/2019

They are the absolute BEST!

PERFECTION! These guys are the party. Ryan was always responsive to all my communication. He was easy to work with and very efficient in terms of handling our contract. We had Sean as our DJ and it was a perfect match to our eclectic needs/taste. His phone app planning tool made choosing music a breeze and we used Zoom to set up our couple of planning meetings which worked well for our busy schedules. The day of our wedding Sean kept us on track even making up for lost time when our ceremony started late. He coordinated with the wait staff to keep the reception on point and our dance floor stayed packed the entire night. Even our older guests commented that the music was great all night. Sean was even good to accommodate requests quickly but within reason of our overall music style. Sean delivered in every way! We plan on having a anniversary party just so we can book Mixing Maryland again!

Sent on 06/01/2019
  • Stephanie

Stephanie C. · Married on 05/10/2019

Thank you!! 100 Stars

Thank you Q and Ryan!! Our wedding was amazing in large part to these guys! They went above and beyond! I had a father-daughter dance that was sung in Chinese and to make sure our guests understood the lyrics we had an accompanying video with subtitles. Ryan and Q were both there to make sure everything was set up (TV and all). After came the open dancing where our guests and family could not get off the dancefloor. Q was nothing less than amazing! Seriously, look no further than MM- it's an investment that will last a lifetime :)

Sent on 05/19/2019