Mix It Up! Reviews

WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2022 Winner
WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2020 Winner

Amanda L. Married on 10/09/2022

Best All Around

DJ. was absolutely amazing. He was so responsive and helpful throughout the entire process- from the first phone call to the big day. I can't imagine our wedding going as smoothly without him. Also, the desserts were DELICIOUS! Our wedding cake was gluten-free and the best cake I have ever had! It meant a great deal to be able to eat cake with my friends and family. We received so many compliments on our wedding thanks to DJ- and I know our guests will continue talking about the amazing peanut butter buttercream frosting for a long time to come! If you want a remarkable wedding, make sure DJ is there!

🥰
    Thank you for the wonderful review! It was my pleasure! You, your family and guests were great, and I’m glad you loved the desserts too.
    Best wishes to you and your family. Cheers to a long, happy marriage! 🥂
    Lauren C. Married on 10/01/2022
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Excellent DJ very personable, communicated everything before event and day of. Would highly recommend!! Great music all night everyone loved him

Would highly recommend!!! Fantastic DJ service

Mix It Up!'s reply:

Thank you for the great review! Your family and guests were great to entertain. I am glad you had such fabulous weather and Fall foliage for Vermont in October for your outdoor ceremony.

Thank you for choosing me for your Wedding DJ needs!
    Best wishes to you both.

• Katy
    Katy V. Married on 09/17/2022

BEST vendor hands down!

The cake was sooo beautiful and the cake and cupcakes were absolutely delicious, especially the maple 😋 best vendor hands down as far as communicating and response time. No matter when I messaged him he responded within the same day with great detail and personality. He went above and beyond for us and that meant the world to us and made us feel like it was one less stress we didn’t have to worry about because we knew he was on it and had everything covered!! Thank you again! We highly recommend Mix It Up!

Mix It Up!'s reply:

Aww .. what a fabulous review! It was my pleasure and I am glad to help reduce some of your wedding-related stress.

Congratulations to you both, and thank you for hiring me for your Wedding Cake! : )
  • illustration stars

Are you interested?

Send a message
  • Michaela
    Michaela Married on 08/06/2022

Amazing DJ and cake services

We hired DJ to make our cake and do the music for our wedding, he absolutely knocked it out of the park! From the very beginning he was great to work with and made things as easy as could be on our end. He answered all of our questions and always responded so quickly. The day of the wedding he made everything go seamlessly, we couldn't of asked for anyone better! Thank you so much DJ for making our experience memorable! If anyone is looking for a DJ, baker, or both, this is your guy, we highly recommend!

Mix It Up!'s reply:

Wow! Another spectacular review! You guys were great to work with, too, which makes my job easier, both as a cake baker / decorator and Wedding DJ!

Thank you for the opportunity to do both for your wedding, and getting to celebrate such a momentous occasion.

Best wishes for you two in the future.
    Holly S. Married on 07/20/2022
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Professional, conscientious, accommodating, and fun to work with!

DJ was perfect, kept us on track, and responded quickly to every message or request. He cued up all of our music and played the right cues at the right time. He checked in with us throughout the night to make sure things were going how we wanted them to and even played through clean-up when our actual party ended earlier than expected due to weather. I can’t recommend him enough! I knew that our music and announcements were in capable hands, so I didn’t have to worry about that at all on our special day.

Mix It Up!'s reply:

What a fabulous review from an even more fabulous couple! It was my pleasure. Thank you both for everything. Have wonderful, long lasting and happy marriage.

Best wishes.

Kristi B. Married on 06/25/2022

Excellent DJ and cake services

We are SO happy we had DJ there for our wedding day. He made everything flow smoothly the entire day and evening. We also had him make our cake and it was exactly what I had hoped for (and super delicious)! I highly recommend DJ to all!
  • Kassie
    Kassie T. Married on 09/18/2021

Kassie & Tom V

Incredible experience working with DJ. He made our wedding reception go flawlessly & adapted to any changes with such ease! I would highly recommend DJ for any wedding or party!

Hi Kassie!!

Thank you for the wonderful review! : )

I had a great time DJing for you, and getting to DJ at a new, beautiful venue. I think you’re uplights were a fabulous added touch and you had a great party crowd, for sure!

I loved the selection of music you chose which worked perfectly with additional songs from your guests requests, as well as the songs I drew from in my set.

Congratulations to you both, and many Happy Anniversaries to come!

Thank you for hiring me to help make your celebration such a special day!

All the best!
    Danielle L. Married on 09/11/2021

Experience

Incredible experience. I would definitely use DJ again. My entire group said he did a great job. Cannot say enough about how amazing everything went.
    Danielle C. Married on 07/31/2021
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Amazing work and a fantastic guy!

DJ did music and made the cake for our wedding. Due to Covid, we had to make some major changes and DJ was always 100% supportive and flexible! The cake was one of the best wedding cakes we’ve ever had and it was gorgeous! We highly recommend working with him!

Mix It Up!'s reply:

Congratulations Danielle and Andy!

Thank you for the fabulous review, and amazing job adjusting to such a crazy worldwide monkey-wrench in your plans. You two did a great job and will do well throughout your marriage with such a positive attitudes.

I am glad you loved your cake. It was a pleasure making it for you two.

Best wishes, and many happy anniversaries.

DJ
    Mix It Up! DJ and Cake Service.
    Chelsea C. Married on 07/24/2021

Wedding DJ and Cake Artist

We hired DJ for his DJ services at our ceremony and reception and to make our wedding cake. From the start DJ answered all of our questions and was easy to correspond with. He responded back to us quickly and was so helpful with everything. He worked with us and listened to all the details and specifics we had. He made the day smooth and easy for us which is exactly what we were looking for. His equipment was great and provided guests with a great quality ceremony even though there was no power on the top of the mountain. He took his time to set up the night before our wedding so that there was no delay or break up in the day. He used a software program which helped us tremendously with our wedding day timeline. The program also helped us remember all the important pieces of the reception that we had to make decisions on. Our guests had a great party and loved it! As far as the cake, DJ created the exact cake we were envisioning. He is an artist and the cake came out beautifully. So many people came up to us and said the cake was amazing and encompassed us as a couple and the venue. The cake not only looked great but also tasted excellent! His prices were also extremely reasonable. I would highly recommend DJ for your event! He was great!
  • Kristie
    Kristie L. Married on 07/10/2021
      5.0 out of 5 rating

DJ is absolutely amazing, extremely flexible and fun!

DJ was one of our favorite vendors with our wedding experience! Music was perfect, he’s fun, and makes FANTASTIC cake 😍 I couldn’t think of anything I would change with our experience with him!
  • Lily
    Lily L. Married on 07/03/2021

Awesome!!!!

We had a great day with lots of awesome dance moves

Thank you!
    I especially loved that dedicated song to your husband .. you were all showing off some moves and laughing so hard! I’ll have to add that song to my “go-to” list .. hahaha.

Cheers to many years of marital bliss to you two.

Thanks again.
  • Kristen
    Kristen R. Married on 05/15/2021

Highly recommend!!!

Hiring DJ was a no brainer for us! DJ was so patient, flexible, helpful and overall just the best DJ, who happens to also make THE BEST wedding cake. When we had to postpone our wedding last year due to COVID-19, DJ didn’t skip a beat and was so helpful in making the transition so easy and smooth. During the preparation and planning of the big day, DJ was always available and responsive in a timely manner and he was always giving the best advice to help make our day go as smooth as possible and with the least amount of down time during the reception and he really got all of our guests dancing the night away. We HIGHLY RECOMMEND DJ for not only his DJ services, but also to create the wedding cake of your dreams!
    Kelsey Married on 10/23/2020
      5.0 out of 5 rating

For a Lively Dance Floor, Go with Mix it Up!

We hired DJ for our wedding at Burke Mountain Hotel and he exceeded our expectations! He was incredibly professional and organized for each part of the day. One of my biggest fears for my wedding was having an empty dance floor and there were no moments the whole night where that happened. DJ had a great mix of songs and knew what to play when to draw more people to the floor. We would recommend him to anyone who wants a great party!

Kelsey and David!

Thank you so much for the great review, but more importantly, for trusting me with such an important day in your lives. I’m just a small part of your special day. It was certainly a group effort, from the two of you working with me to get your details and needs met, to coordinating with your photographer, as well as working seamlessly with your venue staff.

Of course, nothing would be a celebration and party without your families and guests! Everyone was great, and it was my pleasure to help everyone have a great time right through to the last dance!

Thank you so much! I wish you both the best in your future. Many happy anniversaries to come.
    Cheers!
    Heidi G. Married on 10/10/2020

Over the top Wedding DJ services and wedding cake services

DJ provides professional, top of the line services for our wedding. We had several questions for him leading up to our wedding and he was responsive and happy to make any accommodations needed. During our wedding he kept our crowd dancing the entire night! DJ was happy to take requests from our guests as well.

DJ also made our wedding cake and this was the most delicious cake I have ever had. We chose the carrot cake with maple cream cheese frosting. We had several compliments from our guests as well. The cake was beautifully decorated and he was even able to fix it on the spot when someone bumped into it and caused some damage to this.

High recommend DJ for your cake and DJ music services!

Mix It Up!'s reply:

What a great wedding, across the board! The location was fabulous, and the weather was perfect!
    I am honored to have been a part of your important day.
    Thank you for hiring me for your Wedding DJ and Wedding Cake needs. : )
    Looking forward to seeing many future posts of happy anniversaries for years to come.

Thank you for the great review.
    All the best to you two and your families.

• Brittney
    Brittney Married on 07/25/2020

Unforgettable

DJ was amazing! In the months leading up to our wedding, he was always available to answer any questions and even helped me out when I was stressed! He gave me ideas for specific music themes, songs, and was always willing to help! DJ kept our crowd up and moving and our guests said this was one of the best weddings they’ve been to because of the music and vibe!
    Thank you so much DJ!

Mix It Up!'s reply:

Thank you for the wonderful review. I chuckle that it says you are married next year (2020). Technology is great, isn’t it? Lol.
    Despite the rain, you two did a great job keeping your spirits up and just going with the flow. It all worked out in the end. Even your photographer said she was able to get some great photos between the two major downpours! Thank you both once again for trusting me with your music! I had a great time. Many happy years of marriage to you two!
    Geenel W. Married on 07/18/2020

Incredible in every way!

Dj was amazing. Very responsive, flexible and willing to go out on a whim for us. We lost our initial DJ due to him catching covid just days before our wedding. Mix it up DJ and Cake services made the process so easy and he was a major hit at our wedding. Any events we have in the future, we will definitely be reaching out again.

Mix It Up!'s reply:

Thank you so much for the wonderful review!! I am so glad everything worked out for you two under totally uncontrollable circumstances.

I am glad you all had fun, and your Armenian group dances was great to watch! Loved it!

Best wishes to you and your families! Many happy anniversaries to come!

Mix It Up! DJ and Cake Service
    Taylor B. Married on 06/20/2020
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Amazing, Kind, Thoughtful, perfection!

DJ worked with us for over a year to make sure every detail was perfect. He was very flexible and accommodating as the pandemic made for lots of changes and procedures to follow at our venue. He had so many great ideas and was a useful sounding board as we planned our ceremony and reception. The maple cup cakes he made were delicious and the presentation was flawless. His music was exactly what we were looking for and he ensured that the day moved along smoothly and nothing was forgotten. Thank you for making our day special and going out of your way to help us plan the perfect Wedding and reception.

Absolutely!
    I am glad to have been part of your day, and happy for you two that your wedding proceeded as planned despite the pandemic trying to throw a wrench in the works.
    It also gave me an opportunity to see another beautiful venue I had not been to before, which added so well to your day.
    Best wishes to you both, and your families!
    Thank you!
  • Christina
    Christina S. Married on 06/13/2020

DJ is amazing!!!

We have attended multiple weddings where Mix It Up was the DJ and we absolutely love his work, it was a no brainer to have him DJ our wedding! Neither my husband or I are dancers so we weren’t expecting to spend much time on the dance floor but we spent two hours on the dance floor completely tearing it up. We almost asked him to stay longer because we were having so much fun! DJ made the whole process so easy. We never had to worry that we were missing something because he took care of everything we needed. We would HIGHLY recommend Mix It Up to DJ any wedding ☺️

Mix It Up!'s reply:

Awww 🥰😊. Thank you both for hiring me to DJ your wedding. I had a fabulous time working with you and getting to enjoy your celebration as you enter your new chapter in your lives together!
    Sara Married on 06/06/2020

Dj is awesome

I would recommend Mix it up dj and cakes to anyone! We just recently got married during the pandemic and he was our dj. I worked with him for at least a year prior to the wedding on things that you may not know being it was my first time every being married. He always answered my questions in a timely fashion and he just went out of his way to make sure my wedding process would be as easy as possible. He passed along a timeline day of template used by prior brides and his system for Music planning and all that was sooo easy to use. Thanks DJ for everything and for even snapping those photos and videos for us on our special day!

Mix It Up!'s reply:

You are most certainly welcome! I had a great time at your celebration, and can see you two are a perfect match for one another and your families!
    Thank you for the kind words and great review. Here’s to many happy anniversaries!

All the best!
  • Louise
    Louise Married on 09/28/2019

The Best Bee Cake Ever

DJ and us met through a family friend, best decision ever to have him do our wedding cake. He does wedding cakes and other such items on the side as a hobby. He was reasonable, perfectionist and absolutely one of the best wedding cakes we've ever had before. Being the bride and being in the culinary industry for my entire career, I've had many wedding cakes, DJ's is one of the best I've ever tasted, creative, perfect to the design that we wanted for our wedding. Thank you so much DJ

Mix It Up!'s reply:

Aww! That is wonderful and I am humbled. I am glad you loved the cake and proud that you used your wedding photographer’s photo of your husband’s sword and wedding cake as your Facebook profile picture. That means a lot to me when you are that happy with my product you are willing to show the world!
    I hope you have a long, happy marriage.
    All the best to you both!
  • W
    Whitney Married on 09/21/2019
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Best day ever, amazing!!!

He constantly checked in with us prior to wedding and during our day! He was our DJ for both Our ceremony, cocktail hour and reception, baked our delicious cake (people were raving), and who knew, photographer!!! Everyone danced the night away and truly had the best day ever!!! Thank
    You

Mix It Up!'s reply:

Congratulations to you and Ted!
    Great wedding and beautiful Fall weather and atmosphere to match!
    Glad you all had a fabulous time and loved the cake. : )
    Looking forward to maybe seeing you at future weddings during the Anniversary Dance and you two not leaving until the number of anniversaries gets higher and higher.
    My best to you both!
    Kimberly Married on 09/13/2019

Absolutely perfect

Amazing experience! Greatly exceeded my expectations! Punctual, professional, fun, and extremely flexible. The groom and I had an...unconventional music playlist and DJ was able to make sure we enjoyed ourselves as well as our guests!! I'm SO HAPPY we chose Mix it Up to DJ our wedding! He even helped me with our timeline, gave suggestions (which I desperately needed), and made a 2 hour drive to be there. All of our guests said it was the best wedding they had attended. Thank you so much for making our day perfect. I didn't have to worry about a thing.

Mix It Up!'s reply:

What a fabulous review; I am humbled.
    Yes, you had a unique playlist but that just made me challenge myself and push me to be a better DJ. I am glad you and your guests had such a wonderful time. I feel fortunate to have been chosen to DJ your wedding. I had such a great time!
    Raise a glass to many years of a happy marriage. If you ever make a trip back to Vermont, be sure to give me a shout!
  • Mia
    Mia C. Married on 09/07/2019

Best cake EVER!

Where do I even begin? From the moment I started searching for someone to make our wedding cake, one name kept coming up as "highly recommended" from my friends and co workers. I of course had to take them up on it and reached out to DJ at Mix It Up! and right from the beginning I was happy with how quickly he responded and started answering all of my questions. I really had no idea what I wanted for a cake as far as size goes, I just had seen a few design pictures and sent those over to him.
    He went out of his way to bring me some almond buttercream to taste to make sure that was what I was hoping for and BOY it did not disappoint one bit. We had decided to go with a almond buttercream, vanilla cake with his famous raspberry filling (you have to try this!).
    Weeks and months to follow, I would reach out with questions or concerns as our wedding day was approaching and DJ always responded in a timely fashion and made me feel at ease.
    The day of the wedding he arrived with much time to spare, and even placed my flowers on the cake which couldn't have looked better. He even found a heart shaped eucalyptus leaf in my flower bunch and placed in on the cake and made sure I saw it. His attention to detail is really something else, our cake was simply beautiful.
    Now, not only was the cake beautiful but WOW did it taste good! There was not even half of a slice left when the cake was served, all that was left were a few crumbs.
    If you're considering using DJ with Mix It Up! for your wedding cake, look no further. I promise you will not be disappointed!
    We can't thank you enough for putting such a sweet touch to our wedding day!

Wow!
    Awesome review!
    Your wedding cake was a perfect fit for your beautiful barn! It’s so wonderful to hear that your wedding cake was such a hit with your guests.
    I hope you have a lifetime of years of marital bliss. My best to you and your husband.
    Thank you for hiring me to do your cake!
    Sandra G. Married on 08/10/2019

Wedding reception

Mix It Up DJ & Cakes really made the wedding reception for my daughter’s big day. Guests had a wonderful time and danced all night! Prompt, professional and responsive to our guests! Thank you!
illustration stars