Mix It Up! Reviews

Mix It Up! View more information

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2020 Winner

Danielle L. Married on 09/11/2021

Experience

Incredible experience. I would definitely use DJ again. My entire group said he did a great job. Cannot say enough about how amazing everything went.
    Danielle C. Married on 07/31/2021

Amazing work and a fantastic guy!

DJ did music and made the cake for our wedding. Due to Covid, we had to make some major changes and DJ was always 100% supportive and flexible! The cake was one of the best wedding cakes we’ve ever had and it was gorgeous! We highly recommend working with him!

Mix It Up!'s reply:

Congratulations Danielle and Andy!

Thank you for the fabulous review, and amazing job adjusting to such a crazy worldwide monkey-wrench in your plans. You two did a great job and will do well throughout your marriage with such a positive attitudes.

I am glad you loved your cake. It was a pleasure making it for you two.

Best wishes, and many happy anniversaries.

DJ
    Mix It Up! DJ and Cake Service.
    Chelsea C. Married on 07/24/2021

Wedding DJ and Cake Artist

We hired DJ for his DJ services at our ceremony and reception and to make our wedding cake. From the start DJ answered all of our questions and was easy to correspond with. He responded back to us quickly and was so helpful with everything. He worked with us and listened to all the details and specifics we had. He made the day smooth and easy for us which is exactly what we were looking for. His equipment was great and provided guests with a great quality ceremony even though there was no power on the top of the mountain. He took his time to set up the night before our wedding so that there was no delay or break up in the day. He used a software program which helped us tremendously with our wedding day timeline. The program also helped us remember all the important pieces of the reception that we had to make decisions on. Our guests had a great party and loved it! As far as the cake, DJ created the exact cake we were envisioning. He is an artist and the cake came out beautifully. So many people came up to us and said the cake was amazing and encompassed us as a couple and the venue. The cake not only looked great but also tasted excellent! His prices were also extremely reasonable. I would highly recommend DJ for your event! He was great!
  • Kristie
    Kristie L. Married on 07/10/2021

DJ is absolutely amazing, extremely flexible and fun!

DJ was one of our favorite vendors with our wedding experience! Music was perfect, he’s fun, and makes FANTASTIC cake 😍 I couldn’t think of anything I would change with our experience with him!
  • Lily
    Lily L. Married on 07/03/2021

Awesome!!!!

We had a great day with lots of awesome dance moves

Thank you!
    I especially loved that dedicated song to your husband .. you were all showing off some moves and laughing so hard! I’ll have to add that song to my “go-to” list .. hahaha.

Cheers to many years of marital bliss to you two.

Thanks again.
  • Kristen
    Kristen R. Married on 05/15/2021

Highly recommend!!!

Hiring DJ was a no brainer for us! DJ was so patient, flexible, helpful and overall just the best DJ, who happens to also make THE BEST wedding cake. When we had to postpone our wedding last year due to COVID-19, DJ didn’t skip a beat and was so helpful in making the transition so easy and smooth. During the preparation and planning of the big day, DJ was always available and responsive in a timely manner and he was always giving the best advice to help make our day go as smooth as possible and with the least amount of down time during the reception and he really got all of our guests dancing the night away. We HIGHLY RECOMMEND DJ for not only his DJ services, but also to create the wedding cake of your dreams!
    Heidi G. Married on 10/10/2020

Over the top Wedding DJ services and wedding cake services

DJ provides professional, top of the line services for our wedding. We had several questions for him leading up to our wedding and he was responsive and happy to make any accommodations needed. During our wedding he kept our crowd dancing the entire night! DJ was happy to take requests from our guests as well.

DJ also made our wedding cake and this was the most delicious cake I have ever had. We chose the carrot cake with maple cream cheese frosting. We had several compliments from our guests as well. The cake was beautifully decorated and he was even able to fix it on the spot when someone bumped into it and caused some damage to this.

High recommend DJ for your cake and DJ music services!

Mix It Up!'s reply:

What a great wedding, across the board! The location was fabulous, and the weather was perfect!
    I am honored to have been a part of your important day.
    Thank you for hiring me for your Wedding DJ and Wedding Cake needs. : )
    Looking forward to seeing many future posts of happy anniversaries for years to come.

Thank you for the great review.
    All the best to you two and your families.

• Brittney
    Brittney Married on 07/25/2020

Unforgettable

DJ was amazing! In the months leading up to our wedding, he was always available to answer any questions and even helped me out when I was stressed! He gave me ideas for specific music themes, songs, and was always willing to help! DJ kept our crowd up and moving and our guests said this was one of the best weddings they’ve been to because of the music and vibe!
    Thank you so much DJ!

Mix It Up!'s reply:

Thank you for the wonderful review. I chuckle that it says you are married next year (2020). Technology is great, isn’t it? Lol.
    Despite the rain, you two did a great job keeping your spirits up and just going with the flow. It all worked out in the end. Even your photographer said she was able to get some great photos between the two major downpours! Thank you both once again for trusting me with your music! I had a great time. Many happy years of marriage to you two!
    Taylor B. Married on 06/20/2020

Amazing, Kind, Thoughtful, perfection!

DJ worked with us for over a year to make sure every detail was perfect. He was very flexible and accommodating as the pandemic made for lots of changes and procedures to follow at our venue. He had so many great ideas and was a useful sounding board as we planned our ceremony and reception. The maple cup cakes he made were delicious and the presentation was flawless. His music was exactly what we were looking for and he ensured that the day moved along smoothly and nothing was forgotten. Thank you for making our day special and going out of your way to help us plan the perfect Wedding and reception.

Absolutely!
    I am glad to have been part of your day, and happy for you two that your wedding proceeded as planned despite the pandemic trying to throw a wrench in the works.
    It also gave me an opportunity to see another beautiful venue I had not been to before, which added so well to your day.
    Best wishes to you both, and your families!
    Sara Married on 06/06/2020

Dj is awesome

I would recommend Mix it up dj and cakes to anyone! We just recently got married during the pandemic and he was our dj. I worked with him for at least a year prior to the wedding on things that you may not know being it was my first time every being married. He always answered my questions in a timely fashion and he just went out of his way to make sure my wedding process would be as easy as possible. He passed along a timeline day of template used by prior brides and his system for Music planning and all that was sooo easy to use. Thanks DJ for everything and for even snapping those photos and videos for us on our special day!

Mix It Up!'s reply:

You are most certainly welcome! I had a great time at your celebration, and can see you two are a perfect match for one another and your families!
    Thank you for the kind words and great review. Here’s to many happy anniversaries!

All the best!
  • Louise
    Louise Married on 09/28/2019

The Best Bee Cake Ever

DJ and us met through a family friend, best decision ever to have him do our wedding cake. He does wedding cakes and other such items on the side as a hobby. He was reasonable, perfectionist and absolutely one of the best wedding cakes we've ever had before. Being the bride and being in the culinary industry for my entire career, I've had many wedding cakes, DJ's is one of the best I've ever tasted, creative, perfect to the design that we wanted for our wedding. Thank you so much DJ

Mix It Up!'s reply:

Aww! That is wonderful and I am humbled. I am glad you loved the cake and proud that you used your wedding photographer’s photo of your husband’s sword and wedding cake as your Facebook profile picture. That means a lot to me when you are that happy with my product you are willing to show the world!
    I hope you have a long, happy marriage.
    All the best to you both!
    DJ Rousseau
  • W
    Whitney Married on 09/21/2019

Best day ever, amazing!!!

He constantly checked in with us prior to wedding and during our day! He was our DJ for both Our ceremony, cocktail hour and reception, baked our delicious cake (people were raving), and who knew, photographer!!! Everyone danced the night away and truly had the best day ever!!! Thank
    You

Mix It Up!'s reply:

Congratulations to you and Ted!
    Great wedding and beautiful Fall weather and atmosphere to match!
    Glad you all had a fabulous time and loved the cake. : )
    Looking forward to maybe seeing you at future weddings during the Anniversary Dance and you two not leaving until the number of anniversaries gets higher and higher.
    My best to you both!
    DJ Rousseau
    Kimberly Married on 09/13/2019

Absolutely perfect

Amazing experience! Greatly exceeded my expectations! Punctual, professional, fun, and extremely flexible. The groom and I had an...unconventional music playlist and DJ was able to make sure we enjoyed ourselves as well as our guests!! I'm SO HAPPY we chose Mix it Up to DJ our wedding! He even helped me with our timeline, gave suggestions (which I desperately needed), and made a 2 hour drive to be there. All of our guests said it was the best wedding they had attended. Thank you so much for making our day perfect. I didn't have to worry about a thing.

Mix It Up!'s reply:

What a fabulous review; I am humbled.
    Yes, you had a unique playlist but that just made me challenge myself and push me to be a better DJ. I am glad you and your guests had such a wonderful time. I feel fortunate to have been chosen to DJ your wedding. I had such a great time!
    Raise a glass to many years of a happy marriage. If you ever make a trip back to Vermont, be sure to give me a shout!
  • Mia
    Mia C. Married on 09/07/2019

Best cake EVER!

Where do I even begin? From the moment I started searching for someone to make our wedding cake, one name kept coming up as "highly recommended" from my friends and co workers. I of course had to take them up on it and reached out to DJ at Mix It Up! and right from the beginning I was happy with how quickly he responded and started answering all of my questions. I really had no idea what I wanted for a cake as far as size goes, I just had seen a few design pictures and sent those over to him.
    He went out of his way to bring me some almond buttercream to taste to make sure that was what I was hoping for and BOY it did not disappoint one bit. We had decided to go with a almond buttercream, vanilla cake with his famous raspberry filling (you have to try this!).
    Weeks and months to follow, I would reach out with questions or concerns as our wedding day was approaching and DJ always responded in a timely fashion and made me feel at ease.
    The day of the wedding he arrived with much time to spare, and even placed my flowers on the cake which couldn't have looked better. He even found a heart shaped eucalyptus leaf in my flower bunch and placed in on the cake and made sure I saw it. His attention to detail is really something else, our cake was simply beautiful.
    Now, not only was the cake beautiful but WOW did it taste good! There was not even half of a slice left when the cake was served, all that was left were a few crumbs.
    If you're considering using DJ with Mix It Up! for your wedding cake, look no further. I promise you will not be disappointed!
    We can't thank you enough for putting such a sweet touch to our wedding day!

Wow!
    Awesome review!
    Your wedding cake was a perfect fit for your beautiful barn! It’s so wonderful to hear that your wedding cake was such a hit with your guests.
    I hope you have a lifetime of years of marital bliss. My best to you and your husband.
    Thank you for hiring me to do your cake!
    Sandra G. Married on 08/10/2019

Wedding reception

Mix It Up DJ & Cakes really made the wedding reception for my daughter’s big day. Guests had a wonderful time and danced all night! Prompt, professional and responsive to our guests! Thank you!
  • Margo
    Margo G. Married on 08/10/2019

Can't say enough good things!

DJ was AMAZING! My husband and I had our wedding August 10th with quite the crazy weather (sudden downpour at the wrong time)! DJ was flexible, and at the last minute moved all of his equipment from the ceremony site (up the hill outdoors) to inside the tent to make our ceremony work. DJ was always responsive when we had questions, and made great suggestions for our reception music that were a hit (LISTEN TO HIS SUGGESTIONS). DJ made sure the party kept going all night long, and for that we are forever grateful! Now, for the cake. We required a gluten-free cake, which is often hard to make, and keep together. DJ killed it. The cake he made for us was honestly the best cake we've ever had, regardless of gluten or not. It was moist, flavorful, and he listened to us when we said we didn't like super sweet frostings. This cake was PERFECT. I really cannot recommend DJ and his DJ and cake making services enough. Thanks again DJ!
    Mykela Married on 07/20/2019

Amazing and flexible!

DJ did an amazing job DJ’ing for our wedding. He was very Flexible and made it fun!! I highly recommend him to anyone who wants to have a good time at their event!
    Heather S. Married on 06/29/2019

Outstanding

From the very first moment we asked DJ about his services, his responses were immediate, professional and very helpful ! The reception was outstanding !! Our wedding cake was more beautiful than the pic I showed DJ that we envisioned !! He meticulously placed the flowers and berries on at our reception site hours prior to our wedding making sure everything was precise !!
    I don’t think there was one guest that even sat in their chair because he knew what to play and how to involve our guests !! Everyone is raving about how much fun our reception was !! If you want to have a night that is full of fun and excitement for your special event - I highly recommend MIX IT UP !!!

Mix It Up!'s reply:

You are the best, and an amazing couple! I am truly honored to have had the privilege to DJ for you and make your wedding cake!
    Here’s to many years of marital bliss! I hope to be hearing you two be one of the last couples to leave the dance floor when participating in the “Couples Dance” at someone else’s wedding in the future.
    Pam S. Married on 06/23/2019

There is no better!!

I know DJ as a co-worker as well as a highly recommended dj and when it came time for us to choose a dj there was no question as to who we would hire. From the start DJ was easy to work with and kept up with us in the planning process. On the day of the wedding he did not disappoint, carrying out everything just as we had planned and best of all he was FUN! Thank you, DJ, for being fabulous, easy to work with, a great friend and making our reception the fun event that it was. I would not hesitate to recommend him to anyone for any event.

Thank you!!!

It was a beautiful ceremony and great venue to work at! Here’s to many anniversaries to come! Looking forward to hearing you on the radio. ; )

All the best! Cheers!
    Emily B. Married on 06/22/2019

Wedding DJ

He was great communicating with me when I had questions! He was very interactive with the audience and played all the right songs! I would definitely recommend him for any event!

Mix It Up!'s reply:

Wonderful! Thank you! I hope you two have a long-lasting, wonderful marriage!

Thank you for entrusting me with your Wedding DJ services!

Best wishes, and tell Zach to be safe!
    Kelsi B. Married on 05/18/2019

DJ helped to make our wedding day perfect!

When it comes to your wedding you don't want to have to worry about more of the little details than you have to. I highly recommend you let DJ take some of your stress off! We had DJ make our cake for our recent wedding and he went above and beyond anything we could have imagined. Simple but elegant was what we wanted and it was delivered to a T! Not only was the cake stunning, but it was one of the best cakes we have ever tasted! So much so that we are actually looking forward to pulling it out of the freezer in a year (and we bet it will still be amazing)!

Mix It Up!'s reply:

Thank you both for trusting me with your wedding cake! I look forward to your First Anniversary and hope your top tier tastes as great as it did on your wedding day!
    Beautiful venue, by the way!
    Many happy anniversaries to you both!
    Thank you !

Nicole Married on 09/08/2018

Amazing!! More then just a DJ!

Amazing DJ. Was more then helpful with everything. Kept the party going and made sure things were happening when they were supposed to. I can't say enough about how happy I am that we chose Mix It Up!

Mix It Up!'s reply:

Love it!!! Thank you for the kind words! 😊❤️ Raise a glass to many anniversaries to come! Best wishes and Thank you for entrusting me with your wedding needs!
  • Kerby
    Kerby F. Married on 05/21/2016

DJ is the Best!

My husband and I got married in May of 2016 at the Inn at Mountain View Farm in East Burke, Vermont. There was so much to plan, and I am a definite worrier. Two things I never worried about, however, were the music and the cake! I knew that with DJ in charge, they would be fantastic.

DJ not only kept everyone at the reception on the dance floor all night, he also did the music for our ceremony. This was not the easiest of tasks, since we got married on a hilltop without power, but DJ worked his magic and made it perfect!

The cake was stunning, a four-tiered masterpiece that tasted as good as it looked. DJ even attached real flowers from our florist to the cake!

I would HIGHLY recommend DJ for your wedding!

Mix It Up!'s reply:

Great review! Thank you you two so much! Your wedding reception was a blast! It certainly was my pleasure to be your Wedding DJ and Cake Maker!
    Thanks again.