Mix It Up! Reviews

13 | Saint Johnsbury, VT

13 Reviews for Mix It Up!

Mix It Up! 1
Mix It Up! 2
Mix It Up! 3
Mix It Up! 4
  • Brittney

Brittney · Getting married on 07/25/2020

Unforgettable

DJ was amazing! In the months leading up to our wedding, he was always available to answer any questions and even helped me out when I was stressed! He gave me ideas for specific music themes, songs, and was always willing to help! DJ kept our crowd up and moving and our guests said this was one of the best weddings they’ve been to because of the music and vibe!
    Thank you so much DJ!

Sent on 08/24/2019

Mix It Up!'s reply:

Thank you for the wonderful review. I chuckle that it says you are married next year (2020). Technology is great, isn’t it? Lol.
    Despite the rain, you two did a great job keeping your spirits up and just going with the flow. It all worked out in the end. Even your photographer said she was able to get some great photos between the two major downpours! Thank you both once again for trusting me with your music! I had a great time. Many happy years of marriage to you two!
  • W

Whitney · Married on 09/21/2019

Best day ever, amazing!!!

He constantly checked in with us prior to wedding and during our day! He was our DJ for both Our ceremony, cocktail hour and reception, baked our delicious cake (people were raving), and who knew, photographer!!! Everyone danced the night away and truly had the best day ever!!! Thank
    You

Sent on 09/24/2019

Mix It Up!'s reply:

Congratulations to you and Ted!
    Great wedding and beautiful Fall weather and atmosphere to match!
    Glad you all had a fabulous time and loved the cake. : )
    Looking forward to maybe seeing you at future weddings during the Anniversary Dance and you two not leaving until the number of anniversaries gets higher and higher.
    My best to you both!
    DJ Rousseau

Kimberly · Married on 09/13/2019

Absolutely perfect

Amazing experience! Greatly exceeded my expectations! Punctual, professional, fun, and extremely flexible. The groom and I had an...unconventional music playlist and DJ was able to make sure we enjoyed ourselves as well as our guests!! I'm SO HAPPY we chose Mix it Up to DJ our wedding! He even helped me with our timeline, gave suggestions (which I desperately needed), and made a 2 hour drive to be there. All of our guests said it was the best wedding they had attended. Thank you so much for making our day perfect. I didn't have to worry about a thing.

Sent on 09/24/2019

Mix It Up!'s reply:

What a fabulous review; I am humbled.
    Yes, you had a unique playlist but that just made me challenge myself and push me to be a better DJ. I am glad you and your guests had such a wonderful time. I feel fortunate to have been chosen to DJ your wedding. I had such a great time!
    Raise a glass to many years of a happy marriage. If you ever make a trip back to Vermont, be sure to give me a shout!
  • Mia

Mia Crete · Married on 09/07/2019

Best cake EVER!

Where do I even begin? From the moment I started searching for someone to make our wedding cake, one name kept coming up as "highly recommended" from my friends and co workers. I of course had to take them up on it and reached out to DJ at Mix It Up! and right from the beginning I was happy with how quickly he responded and started answering all of my questions. I really had no idea what I wanted for a cake as far as size goes, I just had seen a few design pictures and sent those over to him.
    He went out of his way to bring me some almond buttercream to taste to make sure that was what I was hoping for and BOY it did not disappoint one bit. We had decided to go with a almond buttercream, vanilla cake with his famous raspberry filling (you have to try this!).
    Weeks and months to follow, I would reach out with questions or concerns as our wedding day was approaching and DJ always responded in a timely fashion and made me feel at ease.
    The day of the wedding he arrived with much time to spare, and even placed my flowers on the cake which couldn't have looked better. He even found a heart shaped eucalyptus leaf in my flower bunch and placed in on the cake and made sure I saw it. His attention to detail is really something else, our cake was simply beautiful.
    Now, not only was the cake beautiful but WOW did it taste good! There was not even half of a slice left when the cake was served, all that was left were a few crumbs.
    If you're considering using DJ with Mix It Up! for your wedding cake, look no further. I promise you will not be disappointed!
    We can't thank you enough for putting such a sweet touch to our wedding day!

Sent on 09/25/2019
    Mix It Up! 5

Wow!
    Awesome review!
    Your wedding cake was a perfect fit for your beautiful barn! It’s so wonderful to hear that your wedding cake was such a hit with your guests.
    I hope you have a lifetime of years of marital bliss. My best to you and your husband.
    Thank you for hiring me to do your cake!

Sandra Gebbie · Married on 08/10/2019

Wedding reception

Mix It Up DJ & Cakes really made the wedding reception for my daughter’s big day. Guests had a wonderful time and danced all night! Prompt, professional and responsive to our guests! Thank you!

Sent on 08/16/2019
  • Margo

Margo Gebbie · Married on 08/10/2019

Can't say enough good things!

DJ was AMAZING! My husband and I had our wedding August 10th with quite the crazy weather (sudden downpour at the wrong time)! DJ was flexible, and at the last minute moved all of his equipment from the ceremony site (up the hill outdoors) to inside the tent to make our ceremony work. DJ was always responsive when we had questions, and made great suggestions for our reception music that were a hit (LISTEN TO HIS SUGGESTIONS). DJ made sure the party kept going all night long, and for that we are forever grateful! Now, for the cake. We required a gluten-free cake, which is often hard to make, and keep together. DJ killed it. The cake he made for us was honestly the best cake we've ever had, regardless of gluten or not. It was moist, flavorful, and he listened to us when we said we didn't like super sweet frostings. This cake was PERFECT. I really cannot recommend DJ and his DJ and cake making services enough. Thanks again DJ!

Sent on 08/16/2019

Mykela · Married on 07/20/2019

Amazing and flexible!

DJ did an amazing job DJ’ing for our wedding. He was very Flexible and made it fun!! I highly recommend him to anyone who wants to have a good time at their event!

Sent on 07/29/2019

Heather Smires · Married on 06/29/2019

Outstanding

From the very first moment we asked DJ about his services, his responses were immediate, professional and very helpful ! The reception was outstanding !! Our wedding cake was more beautiful than the pic I showed DJ that we envisioned !! He meticulously placed the flowers and berries on at our reception site hours prior to our wedding making sure everything was precise !!
    I don’t think there was one guest that even sat in their chair because he knew what to play and how to involve our guests !! Everyone is raving about how much fun our reception was !! If you want to have a night that is full of fun and excitement for your special event - I highly recommend MIX IT UP !!!

Sent on 07/01/2019

Mix It Up!'s reply:

You are the best, and an amazing couple! I am truly honored to have had the privilege to DJ for you and make your wedding cake!
    Here’s to many years of marital bliss! I hope to be hearing you two be one of the last couples to leave the dance floor when participating in the “Couples Dance” at someone else’s wedding in the future.
    Thank you!

Pam Simays · Married on 06/23/2019

There is no better!!

I know DJ as a co-worker as well as a highly recommended dj and when it came time for us to choose a dj there was no question as to who we would hire. From the start DJ was easy to work with and kept up with us in the planning process. On the day of the wedding he did not disappoint, carrying out everything just as we had planned and best of all he was FUN! Thank you, DJ, for being fabulous, easy to work with, a great friend and making our reception the fun event that it was. I would not hesitate to recommend him to anyone for any event.

Sent on 07/04/2019

Thank you!!!

It was a beautiful ceremony and great venue to work at! Here’s to many anniversaries to come! Looking forward to hearing you on the radio. ; )

All the best! Cheers!

Emily Bushway · Married on 06/22/2019

Wedding DJ

He was great communicating with me when I had questions! He was very interactive with the audience and played all the right songs! I would definitely recommend him for any event!

Sent on 07/02/2019

Mix It Up!'s reply:

Wonderful! Thank you! I hope you two have a long-lasting, wonderful marriage!

Thank you for entrusting me with your Wedding DJ services!

Best wishes, and tell Zach to be safe!

Kelsi Breslend · Married on 05/18/2019

DJ helped to make our wedding day perfect!

When it comes to your wedding you don't want to have to worry about more of the little details than you have to. I highly recommend you let DJ take some of your stress off! We had DJ make our cake for our recent wedding and he went above and beyond anything we could have imagined. Simple but elegant was what we wanted and it was delivered to a T! Not only was the cake stunning, but it was one of the best cakes we have ever tasted! So much so that we are actually looking forward to pulling it out of the freezer in a year (and we bet it will still be amazing)!

Sent on 07/05/2019
    Mix It Up! 6

Mix It Up!'s reply:

Thank you both for trusting me with your wedding cake! I look forward to your First Anniversary and hope your top tier tastes as great as it did on your wedding day!
    Beautiful venue, by the way!
    Many happy anniversaries to you both!
    Thank you !

Nicole · Married on 09/08/2018

Amazing!! More then just a DJ!

Amazing DJ. Was more then helpful with everything. Kept the party going and made sure things were happening when they were supposed to. I can't say enough about how happy I am that we chose Mix It Up!

Sent on 07/02/2019

Mix It Up!'s reply:

Love it!!! Thank you for the kind words! 😊❤️ Raise a glass to many anniversaries to come! Best wishes and Thank you for entrusting me with your wedding needs!
  • Kerby

Kerby Fischer · Married on 05/21/2016

DJ is the Best!

My husband and I got married in May of 2016 at the Inn at Mountain View Farm in East Burke, Vermont. There was so much to plan, and I am a definite worrier. Two things I never worried about, however, were the music and the cake! I knew that with DJ in charge, they would be fantastic.

DJ not only kept everyone at the reception on the dance floor all night, he also did the music for our ceremony. This was not the easiest of tasks, since we got married on a hilltop without power, but DJ worked his magic and made it perfect!

The cake was stunning, a four-tiered masterpiece that tasted as good as it looked. DJ even attached real flowers from our florist to the cake!

I would HIGHLY recommend DJ for your wedding!

Sent on 07/05/2019
    Mix It Up! 7
    Mix It Up! 8

Mix It Up!'s reply:

Great review! Thank you you two so much! Your wedding reception was a blast! It certainly was my pleasure to be your Wedding DJ and Cake Maker!
    Thanks again.