30 Reviews for Mitten Entertainment

Disco Ball (2)
Uplighting (2)
Liability Insurance (1)
30 Mitten Entertainment Reviews

James from Mitten Entertainment was so wonderful to work with! He provided the music for both our ceremony and our reception and everything went smoothly and exactly as planned. He kept everyone dancing at our reception and we received so many compliments from our guests on how fun the dancing was. Many of our guests said that a DJ can make or break a reception and everyone was so impressed with how well James read the crowd and kept everyone happy and having fun. If you go with Mitten Entertainment you will not be disappointed!

Profile Picture Erica, 5/19/18, 6 Reviews
Category: DJ

James was a true professional and a pleasure to work with. He was exactly what we were looking for and he kept the dance floor full all night. He not only listened to us and our request for music but he felt the crowd out and listened to their taste and needs as well. James did a great job transitioning songs out that were not as big of hits as other songs and starting a new song that kept people out on the floor. I would highly recommend his services to anyone looking for a great DJ. At the end of the night we heard so many complements about his work and we are so happy we chose to go with him, you won't be disappointed. :)

Profile Picture Lauren, 4/7/18, 1 Review
Category: DJ

We had an excellent experience with James from Mitten Entertainment at our wedding. When we were shopping around for DJs, James was very accessible and even met in person with me and my father. He listened to what we wanted and instilled confidence that he would be able to provide the personalization we desired while still utilizing his professional ability and experience that we would be paying for. Mitten Entertainment is very reasonably priced compared to the competition.
Prior to the wedding, we provided him with some requests and asked him to play older music in the beginning transitioning to newer music in the end. Using this model, which he said he uses very often, James optimized our guests experience and the dance floor was full the whole evening. He helped to make our night exactly what we wanted. I would strongly recommend James and Mitten entertainment for anyone seeking a DJ for their wedding or event.

Profile Picture Becky, 2/10/18, 2 Reviews
4.7

James did an amazing job reading the crowd at our reception. He was there early to set up and did a great job with the song choices at the ceremony as well as at the reception. He also had a great checklist for us to fill out, there were definitely things we didn't think of for music choices until we took a glance at that. Couldn't of asked for more!

Profile Picture Kaitlyn , 10/20/17, 5 Reviews
Category: DJ
Services Used: Microphones, Sound/PA System, Consultation, Do-Not-Play List, Liability Insurance, One Event Per Day

James was fantastic. Prompt, professional and super prepared. In addition to his great sound system, he also set up dancefloor lighting and a disco ball! Coordinated a pre-event phonecall to confirm details of our ceremony and reception -- and he hit all the marks on the big day. Took LOTS of requests from guests and kept the evening moving along. Very tolerant of our rowdy bunch. HIGHLY recommend: you won't find a better DJ for a better price.

Profile Picture Andi, 9/23/17, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ
Services Used: Disco Ball, Microphones, Sound/PA System, Consultation, Do-Not-Play List, MC, One Event Per Day

Mitten Entertainment was recommended to us by family, and I am so glad we chose to work with James! He was very accomodating of our schedule and was able to be ready in time to do a run through of our ceremony the day of. James also kept our schedule of events running smoothly and was very professional the entire day. I would definitely pass on the recommendation to anyone looking for a great DJ for their wedding.

Profile Picture Chloe , 9/9/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ

We selected Mitten Entertainment after I experienced his services at a friend's wedding. His rates were valuable and competitive with other services, but he over-delivered on his quality. Very professional, responsive, flexible, and easy to work with. He performed his services exactly according to our requests and was able to adjust to the reception crowd and party as the night went on. No complaints whatsoever!

Profile Picture Chad, 9/3/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony Music, DJ
4.7

We chose James because of his competence and flexibility. He asked the right questions and was organized with his info sheets. He was totally fine with us having our own MC and offered several options for our day. Response times before the event were sometimes slow, particularly at the beginning when deciding on a DJ. However, he was able to do a site visit to our venue the same day we were there, so that we could meet and see the place at the same time. That saved us time and was appreciated. He also came through HUGE the day of the wedding. The music for the ceremony was spot-on and he was SUPER flexible for the reception, which was incredibly, incredibly appreciated. Our timeline got totally blown up and yet he easily rolled with it. Our friend who MC'd said he was fun and easy to work with. After this I learned how crazy wedding timelines can get, and how important it is to have a DJ who can roll with it- that person is with you from start to finish and has a huge impact on the pulse of the party......James was a great asset.

Profile Picture Sarah, 7/29/17, 8 Reviews
Category: DJ

James was a really great DJ. He answered all my questions via email quickly when I had them, and before the wedding our phone call to go over the details was awesome. Super flexible and willing to listen, but also gave great feedback and ideas. James kept the dance floor bumping and confidently lead the reception. We'd book him again and again! :)

Profile Picture Chelsey, 7/7/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ

I cannot express how great James was as our DJ at our wedding! He was fun, attentive, and is great with customer service from the first day we met until the end of our reception. Everyone seriously had a blast! I don't think there was a time throughout the entire night that someone wasn't on the dance floor. James definitely made our night even more perfect! James interacted with our guests and it really was more of a friend at our reception rather than a person offering a service. I don't have anything bad to say - seriously worth every penny :)

Profile Picture Erin, 6/10/17, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ

James was awesome! He responded quickly every time i emailed him. He listened to exactly what we did and did not want. We had blast at our wedding and danced all night. The dance was floor was the place to be. I would highly recommend James to anyone!!!

Profile Picture Janelle, 4/22/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Amazing to work with!!! The dance floor was full all night long!!! Lot's of kids at the wedding and he made them feel so special also!!! Would us again!!!

Profile Picture User7737320, 1+ year ago, 1 Review
Category: DJ

James was able to accommodate our guest requests and requests we had throughout the night with ease. He was readily available whenever we had questions, and we received multiple compliments after the wedding about the variety of music he played. I would highly recommend him!

Profile Picture User7383046, 1+ year ago, 1 Review
Category: DJ

James exceeded all of our expectations for our wedding. He was such a pleasure to work with. He put our minds at ease, answered all of our questions timely, was fantastic at pleasing the dance crowd and overall extremely professional. There is no one else that I would recommend to DJ a wedding but James at Mitten Entertainment. Thanks again for everything James!

View Vendor Response
Profile Picture Kellie, 9/17/16, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Working with James was absolutely wonderful! He made sure all the bases were covered from the bride/grooms song down to the bridal party entrance song! Tje lighting was also amazing. He even took requests from the kids that attended the wedding. And the price for his services was great, definitely can't be beat! I highly recommend him to anyone who wants a professional DJ service for their event.
Thanks again James! ??

Profile Picture Melissa, 8/12/16, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ

If you are in need of a dj you absolutely must go with James Becklin from Mitten entertainment! Two years ago he did my sisters wedding in traverse city and he was so fantastic I had to book him for mine as well in frankenmuth Michigan last weekend. He played music and set up for my guitarist at our outside ceremony as well. The music he played at our reception was fantastic . He got an idea of what kind of music we like and dislike and he catered perfectly to our musical tastes. My friends have raved to me about how great the music selection was! We couldn't be happier with the amazing job he did to help make our day extra special. He went above and beyond what we expected!

Joanna and Jeffrey Kessler

Profile Picture Joanna, 4/16/16, 1 Review
Category: DJ

James was absolutely great and made our ceremony and reception a blast! Was very flexible with what we needed/wanted and kept the flow of our ceremony going and at the reception, kept our guests dancing the whole night. I had comments from many guests raving about how that never happens at receptions but he kept the flow going so that people wanted to stay out there! I would recommend him for any wedding! I felt like I could trust him from the beginning which helped make our day stress free, especially planning all of it from 500+ miles away.

Profile Picture Amanda, 11/7/15, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ
Services Used: Consultation, Do-Not-Play List, MC, Disco Ball, Microphones, Sound/PA System, Uplighting

James with Mitten Entertainment was amazing throughout our whole wedding day! He was even able to find songs for me for the ceremony that were hard to find. He helped keep the night running smoothly and was very professional. He was very organized and the night could not have been any more perfect! I don't think I even left the dance floor once during the night! He was great and have already recommended him to my sister for her wedding next year!

Profile Picture Nicole, 8/28/15, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ

James really did a great job at our wedding! He plays to your crowd. At the beginning of the night, the parents were out on the floor, and he played more 80s music to keep them dancing. Later in the night, the younger crowd came out to dance, and he made sure to play more current hits. I never saw my dance floor empty.

Profile Picture User4316818, 2+ years ago, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ

James did a great job with our wedding! He was very flexible & cooperative with every requirement I threw at him. He played a great amount of songs, Kept control of the crowd, & still allowed me to provide an extensive playlist. My husband & I were very pleased that our guests remained on the dance floor all night. We used James for our ceremony as well & found that we were able to remain organized and on point all night. Our night would not have been the same without Mitten Entertainment. Mitten Entertainment was very price competitive with other DJ services & I think our experience was above average!

Profile Picture Kara, 5/24/15, 4 Reviews
Category: DJ

James from Mitten Entertainment DJed our wedding and reception on February 7, 2015 at English Hills. He did a great job in keeping the day moving along nicely. I was too busy to pay attention to every song played, but James did a great job in keeping our guests as involved as he could for a daytime wedding and reception. I noticed lots of kids out on the dance floor and James seemed patient with them making requests. We had a short list of play/no play songs, and as far as I remember, these were followed nicely. James also played the music for our ceremony. He worked seamlessly with the officiant to cater to her needs and our desires. I would use James and Mitten Entertainment again in a heartbeat! Thank you for working with us!

Profile Picture Kristin , 2/7/15, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ

James did an outstanding job providing great music and an exciting atmosphere at my wedding reception. I had the pleasure of seeing people I've never seen dance, out on the floor tearing it up. He played the music that my wife and I requested and had some great suggestions as well. He is easy to work / talk with and very flexible, we had a couple hic ups on our end but it didn't phase him. He even managed to meet up with me at an odd time before the day to hash out some of the details. His equipment was top notch and all of the events were announced loud and clear. Tthe only complaints have been of soreness from dancing. Very professional, great guy, great business man, great DJ.

Profile Picture Kwabe, 12/13/14, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Mitten Entertainment was the DJ for our wedding. We couldn’t have been more pleased! James was friendly and professional, and always quick to respond to inquiries. He did a great job communicating with us and the event staff during the reception by making sure the wedding party was lined up correctly before our entrance, and making sure the lights were dimmed before our first dance. James made sure those little details were taken care of. James played all of our requests and honored our do-not-play list. It was clear that our guests loved everything he played because the dance floor was busy the entire night. We are still receiving compliments on how much our guests enjoyed the dinner music and how much fun they had dancing until last call. We would highly recommend James to anyone looking for a great DJ!

Profile Picture Angie, 10/4/14, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Why are we giving a 5-star review to James? Let me run through the rating criteria to explain our decision.

-Quality of service: Several of our guests commented on your music selection, and from our perspective, he kept the night fun and exciting. I think it goes without saying, since people were on the dance floor partying all night long!

-Responsiveness: He was very very quick to respond to all emails/texts/inquiries. If 'responsiveness' refers to his ability to respond to requests rather than communication skills, I would rate him as 5-star on this as well.

-Professionalism: He met with us a couple of times before our event to make sure all of our ducks were in a row, and we were able to communicate our needs. He accommodated the needs (extra PA, Mics, Guitar plugin) for our outdoor wedding, and the playing of a guitar during our processional. In addition, he communicated with other vendors (caterer, etc) to make sure that the event was seamless.

-Value: Definitely a better price than almost any DJ we contacted.

-Flexibility: He accommodated all of our requests and then some. As previously stated, we had an outdoor wedding. He made sure the acoustics were perfect, accommodated our guitarist for the processional, and made the music sound great even in the outdoor space. We even had to play our wedding song from a CD because the song (a local artist) is unavailable digitally. It sounded great, and we were thankful he was able to accommodate our needs.

In closing, I would absolutely recommend this vendor to a friend, without hesitation. Go with him for a great wedding.

Profile Picture User4264468, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: DJ

We had a truely wonderful experience with James. He was very helpful, played anything we asked, anbd had helpful ideas in areas where we were unsure of what song to play. He emails promptly, was easy to talk with, and was a joy to work with.

Profile Picture Jessica, 6/21/14, 1 Review