Mistwood Golf Club Reviews

Mistwood Golf Club 5
  • Olivia

Olivia · Getting married on 09/12/2020

So very awesome!

Taryn and Jackie have been great thus far thank you for all of your help!

Sent on 05/06/2019
  • Hayley

Hayley · Married on 09/28/2019

Beautiful & Amazing Venue / Staff!!

I could not have picked a better venue to have our wedding at. Everything was PERFECT.

Taylor was absolutely amazing. She was in constant communication - she'd even email back after a long Saturday night after she worked a wedding. She was so committed to making our day so special. And it was SO special. I had a vision of a fall wedding and gathered some decorations but she put the vision all together. I didn't have to do anything! I easily dropped off the material and she made the space look amazing. She also answered all my crazy questions whether it was in bulk or a single question email. She was so accommodating and even let us set up meetings with her just to look at the space and imagine our wedding "vision".

The venue space is beautiful. It's a rustic but sophisticated atmosphere. The accents of wood and almost medieval-like appearance made it so unique and special. It was nice and open. Our DJ was easily placed in the middle of the room. We enjoyed all the farm tables that gave us our fall look. Plenty of room for a variety of stations (desserts, photos, etc.) The view to the golf course was just breathtaking. We got to take advantage of the terrace during cocktail hour which made for great pictures for guest and ourselves. Nice for some fresh air with the amount of people we had too.

The food was incredible. We were able to meet the Chef and make a personal connection with him and our menu. We got so many compliments not only for the taste but for the serving size. They provided so much food for each guest. The appetizers were unique and tasteful. The bartenders were so polite and quick!

The course is beautiful for pictures. We were lucky that it was rainy the day before and it ended up being closed for easier movement around the course. There are so many beautiful spots to take pictures - we would've been out there for hours. I wish we did! :)

There was nothing that went wrong! I cannot express how amazing Mistwood was for a wedding. I recommend it for anyone! We live in the neighborhood and have already been back to the restaurant there to remise our special day. We also will continue to participate in the events they hold there because of how special they made us feel. I cannot express how amazing this experience was with Mistwood and the staff (especially Taylor). I wish I could repeat the night over and over. Can we just do it all over again?! Thank you Mistwood for the incredible experience. You made the start of our marriage so wonderful.

Mistwood Golf Club 6
    Mistwood Golf Club 7
    Sent on 10/16/2019
  • Elizabeth

Elizabeth · Married on 10/13/2018

More beautiful than I could have imagined!!

Having my wedding at Mistwood was the best decision we could have made in our planning. The venue is GORGEOUS, and the views looking out of their banquet room are so picturesque and beautiful, it made us feel like we were getting married in a fairytale. The food at Mistwood is amazing and so delicious, and Becky (our wedding coordinator) was so helpful and nice! She thought of everything, even the tiny details that a bride could easily forget in the chaos of planning. Their prices are very very reasonable, and the whole venue was recently remodeled. They gave us the wedding of our dreams, and all our guests remarked about how much they loved the venue and how beautiful it was. I cannot recommend Mistwood enough. They even give you an anniversary dinner one year after you're married, and many times leading up to the wedding, we've gone their to eat or make a payment and they've given us a complimentary dessert or champagne toast. They take pride in the presentation of their food and the happiness of their guests, and it was truly an amazing experience to get married there!

Sent on 10/17/2018

Mistwood Golf Club's reply:

Elizabeth, thank you so much for all of the kind words! It was a pleasure working with you and Nick, you are such a wonderful couple and your love shined throughout the entire day. I wish you both all the best on this new adventure of husband and wife! We hope to see you soon :)

Chelsea · Married on 04/28/2018

Becky was wonderful! She was helpful throughout the whole planning process and extremely patient with us as we took see time to figure out all of our day-of details.

Sent on 07/22/2018

Mistwood Golf Club's reply:

Thank you for the kind words Chelsea! Best wishes to both you and Jeremy on your new adventure as husband and wife. We hope to see you soon!
  • Ashley

Ashley · Married on 11/18/2017

Our wedding was November 18, 2017 and we used Mistwood for our reception venue. We worked with Diane Cook who was phenomenal! She was always very responsive to e-mails and phone calls! I honestly could not have asked for a better contact person to help plan our reception! Diane helped us plan our décor set up, hors-d'oeuvres, meal, and even gave us recommendations for florists and DJs. All of the staff at Mistwood we encounted, even before our reception, always had smiles on their faces and were so accommodating. The servers we had at our reception were the best servers I have ever had! Planning and having our reception at Mistwood was so much fun! The venue is one of a kind, and so are all of the staff! You will not be disappointed!

Sent on 11/24/2017

Mistwood Golf Club's reply:

Thank you Ashley!! We try to have fun at Mistwood and make things easy for our couples!!! You had a beautiful wedding and we really enjoyed working with you. Best of luck!
  • Caitlin

Caitlin · Married on 11/04/2017

We fell in love with Mistwood the moment we drove up to the building. We loved it so much we picked our wedding date to fit into Mistwood's jam-packed schedule. We worked with Becky and she was amazing. She was very attentive and understanding of our needs. The venue is beautiful and the staff is extremely courteous. The scenery made for beautiful pictures and our guests loved the ambiance and the food. Overall, it was above and beyond an excellent experience. We absolutely loved it.

A side note, which I don't think is reflective on Mistwood at all, if you are getting married during golf season, be ready for golfers to walk in the way of your pictures or yell things at you and your bridal party while you're walking by or taking pictures. A bit of an annoyance which I'm sure occurs on every golf course, but again, not reflective on Mistwood, just a general observation and word of caution to people who may not like that.

Sent on 11/05/2017

Mistwood Golf Club's reply:

Thank you for all the kind words Caitlin! You and Sean made wedding planning so much fun and I couldn’t be happier for the two of you! Enjoy this new chapter together and we hope to see you back at Mistwood very soon :)

Mary Fran · Married on 10/28/2017

I don't have a bad thing to say about Mistwood. My husband proposed to me at the golf course and from that point on Mistwood was nothing but accommodating. We decided to get married there and the process was so easy. Becky Edwards was our point person and she was so easy to work with. Becky was like having a personal wedding planner. Our wedding was last weekend and all of our guest raved about the food and how beautiful the v
    enue was. We even had our rehearsal dinner in the performance center. Cant say enough good things about Mistwood and its staff!

Sent on 11/01/2017

Mistwood Golf Club's reply:

Thank you Mary Fran! You and John were so much fun to work with and we couldn't be happier for your family. The fact that you got engaged on the course and ending up having your wedding here makes the perfect love story! Come back and see us soon!

Deborah · Married on 09/30/2017

Absolutely a magical place. Service and staff was beyond any expectations. Guest loved the ambiance.

Mistwood Golf Club 8
    Mistwood Golf Club 13
    Mistwood Golf Club 14
    Sent on 10/14/2017

Mistwood Golf Club's reply:

Thank you Debbie for the kind words! Congrats again to Taylor, Tony and both of your families....we wish you all the best of luck on this new adventure!! We hope to see you around Mistwood very soon.

Gina · Married on 10/15/2016

Mistwood Golf Club was the perfect place to have my wedding reception. Diane was so helpful and accommodating throughout my entire planning process. She made it very easy and stress-free when it came to getting everything done! She was amazing. Diane & her entire staff took such good care of our guests throughout the entire day. Everyone at the reception was complimenting on how beautiful everything looked and how perfect the location, food & drinks were. For dinner, we started out with the chef's homemade pasta marinara followed by vegetable risotto or saffron chicken with polenta & asparagus. It was so delicious! Even the flower girl ate her veggies! We had a pretty decent sized guest list (195 people) and the great thing about Mistwood was that people were able to spread out and enjoy the space all night. The weather was perfect so it was very nice to have the cocktail room open to the outdoor veranda, as well as the patio area connected to the reception hall. The dance floor was always full, which was awesome. The bridesmaids and I had our own bridal suite at the venue which we took advantage of when we needed to freshen up and to store our bags. When I originally looked at this place, it was still under construction so I was hesitant to book based on drawings and my imagination. However, it turned out to be the most beautiful venue I could have imagined for my wedding day and I highly recommend this place to everyone! I'm so sad that the day is over already, but you should definitely call Diane and book at Mistwood. :)

Sent on 10/25/2016

Mistwood Golf Club's reply:

I am so glad to hear how happy you were with everything! You were a pleasure to work with and I hope that we will see you at Mistwood frequently!!

Krystyl · Married on 09/16/2016

The venue, golf course, club house and restaurant are simply breathtaking!! Throughout the planning process, my main contact, Diane Cook, was awesome. She would always respond quickly and even on the weekends. I NEVER (and I may be biased, since I was the bride) had better service than the people at Mistwood. They genuinely seemed happy to be there and happy to help with anything. They made sure everything was set up perfectly and they helped us clean up at the end of the night. They really went above and beyond when it came to service. Every single server that I saw during the night had a smile on their face! I am still amazed at how perfect everything was set up for us. You can tell that they take the time to make sure everything is impeccable. The little details that I trusted them with to make my wedding everything I dreamed it would be was achieved 10 times over. The small details that no one will remember, but the bride wants perfect; the guest book to the escort cards to our candy bar favors. Amazing! The club house and venue were perfect backdrops for pictures. Mistwood has several bridges and a gazebo that also worked perfectly for pictures as well. There won't be a lack of places to take pictures. The actual venue space is magnificent! It is a whole space in the building that is completely your own for your party and your guests. They close off part of the building that is connected to the restaurant. You have part of the terrace space that they open the doors to let fresh air in and guest can enjoy. It's a great space for cocktail hour when the weather is bad. It really allows your guests to get up and move and not have the feeling of being cramped. Inside the actual space is gorgeous. The room is so open and welcoming that your bound to have a great time in it. I am going to recommend Mistwood to everyone I know! The whole experience was unbelievable, unforgettable and beyond anything I ever dreamed it could be.

Sent on 10/16/2016

Mistwood Golf Club's reply:

Thank you! We are so pleased to hear that you were happy with everything and had a great time working with you. Thank you for allowing us to be a part of your beautiful day. We wish you the best of luck!

This was our second event at Mistwood. Had my daughters bridal shower 2 years ago and recently had her baby shower. The food, venue and staff are with out a doubt the best!

Sent on 06/15/2016

JIM · event on: 05/03/2016

If you are looking for a special experience and a great value for the money, look no further. Food and service was great!

Sent on 07/01/2016

Teresa · Married on 01/16/2016

The Venue is beautiful! We had great service and the communication between me and the planner were awesome. They fulfilled my every need and beyond.
    I would recommend the Venue to all I know.
    Thank you once again for making this experience a memorable one!

Sent on 02/10/2016

We held our Annual Corporate Christmas Party at Mistwood Golf Club. The venue is absolutely exquisite and the food was fabulous! Working with the team was easy and they accommodated every request we made. I would recommend this venue to any friend in a heartbeat!

Sent on 02/11/2016

Livio · event on: 12/09/2015

The Staff at Mistwood was excellent. They took care of our guests with professionalism and personality. We would recommend this venue for anyone who is looking for a beautiful setting and fantastic people.

Sent on 02/10/2016

Nicole Bigos · Married on 12/15/2018

Winter Wonderland

We had our winter wedding there recently and we were able to use their holiday decor which helped with our budget. Diane was great to work with and besides the fact our soup was served cold our overall experience there was amazing. We had some many family and friends complimenting us on the venue we chose.

Sent on 01/02/2019

Mistwood Golf Club's reply:

Nicole, thank you for the kind words....your winter wedding turned out to be beautiful! I am sorry to hear about your disappointment with the soup, as we always strive to give the best quality product and services. We will be sure to improve this moving forward, your feedback is very much appreciated! Congrats again to the newlyweds, we hope to see you back at Mistwood soon. Best wishes on your new adventure as husband and wife!
  • User6417376 · event on: 01/20/2016

I held a company dinner for approximately 60 people in the Great Hall. The room and the entire facility is beautiful! The service staff was very attentive to our needs. The food was excellent! It was a wonderful event and everyone thoroughly enjoyed themselves.

Sent on 02/26/2016
  • Joanna

Joanna Ng · Married on 08/03/2019

3.0

Great service, beautiful venue, food found lacking

Mistwood has beautiful grounds, elegant interior, and quality service. We had an evening reception in October 2019.

We began the process working with Becky who was absolutely awesome. Becky left Mistwood in June 2019 and Taryn took over. She gave quick replies, was very organized and helped see the event through until the end. You can expect prompt, helpful communication.

Day of wedding we felt taken care of by the servers who were professional and knew what to do. We really wanted to give a full star rating but we can't because of our honest feelings below. Here is feedback in hopes it will help others:

- If service, aesthetics, and environment is important to you, Mistwood is a great option and will deliver. We will have stunning, lasting photos from that night. If these are your top priority, can't go wrong.

- If food is important to you, this is sadly where we couldn't give a full rating. Other reviews of Mistwood raved about the food which was a big reason we considered it. We and our family like and know good food. Although we are not food critics and would have been understanding of minor things, we were quite disappointed. I felt sad during the meal when I tried it, realizing this was being served to our guests. The majority of people we asked for honest feedback after also admitted they ate to be polite but it was not a great meal. We understand banquet food for 180 is difficult to do well, but just be aware it may be less than what you hoped and not the same as the tasting. Also if you love food, be very clear about your expectations before the event. We will omit specific food comments here but Taryn did give those notes to the kitchen. We really hope it will be better for others.

- Finally, in the transition between Becky and Taryn, there were some prices Becky had quoted that were different from what was charged. Taryn corrected it after we pointed it out and was fair about what was said previously. So just be vigilant checking over details and numbers.

Overall, we try to look back and remember the happy parts of our day. But since you're paying a lot--the largest portion of your budget--for venue and food, we wanted to share honestly and wish everyone the best experience.

Sent on 10/29/2019
  • Elizabeth

Elizabeth · Married on 08/25/2019

2.8
      2.0
      2.0

Started Off Great, Ended Not So Good

I booked the venue over a year in advance. I started working with Diane who I LOVED. She was the biggest reason we went with this venue. You're going to be working with someone for so long for your big day so you want someone you can get along with and trust. The venue is beautiful, don't get me wrong. We loved the architecture and the bridge and the ballroom and cocktail area. My biggest complaint is that in my year working with them, I went through 3 coordinators. Each time, promises were not kept up as the previous coordinator promised so it was very frustrating. Then the day of, I didn't even have my #3 coordinator, I had people who I never met.
    They had the wrong purple napkins/tablecloths. I decorated my WHOLE wedding based off the original purple I was shown a year ago. "Maybe" I should have double checked a week prior, but the purple code was in the contract. Most brides would have freaked, but I just let it go.
    They got the food mixed up so I found out later that some people did not get the right dish. They told us they served the bride and groom first so none of the guests would have gotten the wrong plate but I later found out 4 guests received the opposite dish. Which 1. is frustrating for my guests and 2. they received the cheaper dish when I paid for the more expensive dish.
    Secondly, I previously asked to remove the tip jars at the bar. We already had to pay 20% of our total venue package to service so we felt that we shouldn't also have tip jars. Well, on the day of, they told my mother and sister that I would have never been able to request that. But.. I have my original contract with Diane to prove it, not that it mattered at that point.
    Lastly, I know they are going to be guests who just don't show up last minute. Very rude.. yes. Well, I was told by the first two coordinators that I would be able to get reimbursed for their food and bar package. But the following week when I asked about it, they told me no. So not only did I not get roughly $700 back, I also didn't have food that I paid for. I would have been happy with taking those dishes home as leftovers.
    The place was beautiful though and it made for great photos. But, service was not up to par and it's a little disappointing when I think back on those flaws today. I just wanted to enjoy my day.

Sent on 10/16/2019

Elizabeth

Thank you for your feedback on your event. Here at Mistwood Golf Club we are truly honored to get to share in so many couples special day and were grateful to share yours as well. To ensure success of a wedding and/or any event, communication between the client and the coordinator is of upmost importance. Throughout the planning process each client, as you know, is given event orders along the way mapping out all the details for their event from linen choices which are selected in person, timeline, and menu. At the final meeting, the client is given a final event order which we ask you to review one last time and let us know if there are any details that are incorrect. On the final event order, it also lists the entree codes which are provided by the client and are used to help our staff identify which guest has which meal. As with all clients, you did provide our team with this and signed off on the documentation stating which codes were for which meals, as well as all other event details for your wedding. It is unfortunate that that the placecards you provided day of did not match the information you had given us at your final meeting and signed off on. Being that we are a scratch kitchen, and food is made on the spot and goes directly from grill, to plate, to table, we did our best to help alleviate the error which was by no means the fault of the venue as they were following the signed documentation of the client.

As with your initial contract upon securing your event, on the signed agreement between client and venue, it is stated that a final count is given 2 weeks prior to your event and is stated in two different sections, that there is no reimbursement the night of if guests fail to attend as food services have already been provided.

The Mistwood Golf Club family shares not only in celebrations of our guests, but also of our team. We are excited to see our team take new adventures which in this case, meant family changes and new adventures for managers moving out of state.

Again Elizabeth, thank you for your feedback and best wishes on your new marriage!