Mint DJ Events Reviews

Mint DJ Events 4
Mint DJ Events 5
Mint DJ Events 6

Breanna · Married on 07/03/2017

Nothing but great things to say! Alex was the DJ for our wedding, along with his assistant Rebecca, and they did a phenomenal job! Through out the night our guests commented on how awesome the music was for cocktail hour, dinner and of course dancing! Our guests asked us, "Did you pick this playlist? The music is great!" (we didn't pick the playlist, Alex was just that good). Our music taste isn't the typical style, we like Grateful Dead to dance music, and we weren't sure if we would be able to convey that to a DJ, but Alex got it! He played music that got everyone on the dance floor and kept them with amazing transitions! We are still getting compliments from our guests about how they appreciated the transition from one song to the next. Working with Alex was a breeze, even while we planned our wedding from across the country! I felt that I could trust Alex to come in and take care of business, and he did just that. Can't recommend Alex and Mint DJ enough.

Sent on 09/05/2017
  • Chris

Chris · Married on 05/25/2019

AJ is the man!

AJ was incredible to work with. We had a modern Hindu ceremony and AJ did a wonderful job of paying attention to the cues and playing all the music at the right time. He also kept the dance floor packed for hours and our friends and family said it's the most fun they've had at a wedding. Highly recommend!

Sent on 07/08/2019

Kate · Married on 02/03/2018

Most fun we've had a party in a while! Everyone had a great time dancing!

Sent on 02/05/2018

Molly · Married on 05/20/2017

DJ Billy G was absolutely amazing!!! The whole company were easy to work with. They were super thorough. They have a planning tool that allows you to tell them exactly what songs and your day of time line. DJ Billy played everything on our must play list and more! I don't think my guest sat down one time throughout the night. He knew my timeline and double checked everyone's names to ensure accuracy. I highly recommend them for any event!!! I also purchased the ceremony package so that the officiant would have a microphone.

Sent on 05/25/2017

Pros: The online planning tool was very helpful when trying to coordinate with the DJ from another state. AJ was our DJ and he even stayed later without us asking to provide some entertainment while we cleaned up. The owner Alex was also very flexible with our schedule to meet with us in person.

Cons: Announcing dinner was a little unorganized and tables did not seem to know who was supposed to go and when.

Sent on 01/22/2016

Ashley · Married on 05/19/2017

I'm so glad we went with Mint DJ! Alex listened to everything we had to say and kept everyone on the dance with his music selection.

Sent on 05/22/2017

Chelsea · Married on 05/26/2018

3.0
      2.0
      3.5
      2.5
      3.0

We were super excited to have mint dj at our wedding leading up to it. We have been to weddings in the past when the dj was a drag and that definitely wasn’t going to be ours - or so we thought. We had Kevin dj our wedding and he started out by playing our wrong entrance song. During the dinner we really enjoyed the music he selected. During the speeches the microphone kept squeaking to the point we shut it off. The music started for dancing the and the dance floor was basically empty most of the night. Kevin played rap remixes (we aren’t trying to buy your mixtape) most of the night until we told him he needed to stop. We also requested unedited music and that didn’t happen until he was told. For the dollar dance - we had 10 people participate because nobody could hear him announce it. He also played Teach Me How to Dougie for the dollar dance - try doing that with an older relative. After a few days of contemplating, we finally emailed Alex about all of our concerns and never got an email back from him. If we would have known this was how it was going to be, we would have paid the extra $300 for Alex.

Sent on 06/16/2018

Janell · Married on 08/25/2018

0.8
      0.5
      0.5
      1.0

I would have given Mint DJ Events 2 stars, but since I never heard back from the owner regarding the bad experience with one of his DJs, they get a 1. This is the gist of the email I sent the owner, and never heard back:
    Hi Alex,
    My overall experience with Kevin was poor, and that's not including the 3 missed meetings I had with your overall company, the miscommunication of which DJ was assigned to my wedding, oh, and being told that I still owed a balance even though it was paid in full 5 MONTHS IN ADVANCE.
    The biggest thing: he didn't play music while my bridal party entered. They asked him to play the train song so they could all come in at once, instead he just started to yell their names without music. My bridal party told me that was very humiliating.
    The mic was cracking a lot during the speeches and then he didn't give the mic to the guy that was to do the blessing. I was extremely upset about that. I specifically had on my paper who was to be giving the prayer.
    Then right after dinner he didn't play music you could dance to for a sold hour. People had to keep requesting better songs. Then my brother asked for country music and he said that he wasn't going to play any more bc people can't dance to it.. well if he actually read the information I wrote, he would have seen that country and classic rock are the two main genres we like. WE ARE IN CENTRAL PA, hick country. Know your crowd (and read the HUGE online survey I had to fill out)! Don’t get me wrong, he did play dance songs, but he also played a lot of remixes and mash-ups, my friends were bummed about that, and the older crowd didn't dance bc of it.
    We did go a half an hour late, but I feel that would not have happened if he started out strong. Totally not worth the $100 I paid for half an hour.
    It wasn't an extremely positive experience like you would expect from a DJ with a high price tag near State College. He was also not interactive with the crowd whatsoever. I will be writing reviews.

Sent on 09/24/2018