Minnesota Wedding Party Reviews

Rating 4.9 out of 5, 17 Reviews
View more information

Macy W. Married on 08/06/2021

100% Hire Tim

We were so happy with Tim’s service, I don’t think we would ever consider another DJ in hindsight! He goes above and beyond just the music, and takes initiative in entertaining guests in a classy but fun fashion. He was the first to ensure my husband and I each had a drink at dinner and could be found doing misc. other “coordination” tasks throughout the evening, all while keeping people having fun and on the dance floor all night long. The peace of mind in having him in your corner is more than worth it! Exceptional service!
  • Kayla
    Kayla Z. Married on 07/25/2021

Best wedding DJ ever!

This is going to be a long review because we are SO glad that we went with Tim and Minnesota Wedding Party to DJ our wedding! Due to covid, we had to reschedule 3 times and he was super flexible and understanding with us through the whole process. Tim was very responsive by phone and text while planning and gave me some great ideas when I was at a loss picking out songs for certain parts of the ceremony and reception.
    He has top of the line equipment and everything came through so clearly for both our ceremony and our reception, even my dad who is a total audio nerd was impressed! My uncle was our officiant and he was also very impressed by Tim and thankful for his help and preparedness prior to the ceremony. I added in a couple of readers very last minute and forgot to tell Tim but he came prepared for everything and it ended up working out perfectly! Tim also was able to make 2 very special things happen for us. We were able to give him a jump drive that had a speech my late grandfather did at our original backyard wedding on it and he was able to play it during our ceremony. It came through so clearly and there was not a dry eye in the crowd. He was also able to play a youtube video that one of my uncles made during our ceremony on his TVs that he brings and that was a big hit!
    He kept the dance party going all night and we got comments from all of our guests saying how great Tim was and how much fun they had! They also bring TVs that play music videos of each song during the dance portion and during dinner they display all of the pictures your guests post using your hashtag! Everyone loved it! You will be so happy with yourself if you book Minnesota Wedding Party for your event!
  • Taeya
    Taeya V. Married on 08/08/2020

Best dj/host ever!

I can't say enough good things about Tim! He is so much more than a wedding DJ. He's a full-package party host, solution extraordinaire. When we had to change our wedding plans due to COVID, Tim was unphased by new challenges and did everything possible to still make our day awesome. Minnesota Wedding Party actually traveled all the way to Iowa for us! He worked seamlessly with all the other vendors to keep the entire day running smoothly, eliminating all stress from me. From the ceremony to the reception, our day was perfect because of Tim's confidence and expertise. Tim prepared a livestream to help with social distancing and also game show activities in the case that we wouldn't be able to have a dance. Luckily, we did get to have a dance and it was better than I could've imagined - I actually heard many guests say they had never been to as fun of a dance in their lives. The floor was packed all night long. Oh, and did I mention he made sure every person in the wedding party had drinks all night long?! Tim is everything you need in a DJ and more - look no further for your next event!
    Travis D. Married on 11/09/2019

The Denzel's

First I need to say, there were SO many compliments about our wedding DJ. Tim, you made mine & Alyssa's day so special. You are very skilled in making sure the day runs so perfectly and you know how to keep our crowd on the dancefloor. I especially loved how you coordinated our dinner buffet, and also making sure our guests were entertained during dinner through instagram posts and fun questions! Thank you for such a memorable day, we will definetly use you again in the future for any event we may need a DJ at. You were absolutely wonderful! My wife & I will always remember how much fun we had! -- the Denzel's .
  • Melissa
    Melissa Married on 11/01/2019

All star of the night

Tim was absolutely delightful to work with. He even brought drinks to everyone at the head table and kept the lines to the buffet moving flawlessly by releasing tables to go. He was so good at keeping all the guest engaged the whole night on the dance floor, everyone had a wonderful time. We also got the photo booth and had so many compliments on how fun it was and we loved getting the book at the end of the night and looking through and seeing everyone’s pictures.
    Jennifer G. Married on 08/23/2019

Bride & Groom

Wedding last night and Tim was the most amazing dj to work it!!! Made the night so easy and if anything came up he would take care of it before it came up to me and my husband. Highly recommend them as a wedding dj, always make sure the bride and groom are number 1 the whole night!
  • Suzette
    Suzette Married on 06/29/2019

Awesome experience! Would choose over and over again!

Tim did an amazing job and he was the man of the night (after my husband and myself ;) ). He coordinated so many things that he dubbed as a DJ and day of wedding planner. My venue actually assigned me a wedding planner that I didn’t even meet or talk to once! Tim had everything covered and ran the day and night like a well-oiled machine. You can tell he truly enjoys his job and strives for perfection for each couples unique styles. He is flexible and accommodating but also has so much experience and knowledge to be realistic and straight forward with you on what will and will not work. His ability to keep people on the dance floor and enjoying themselves all night was uncanny. I remember one time where I had to pee and I literally RAN to the bathroom and RAN back just so I wouldn’t skip or miss a beat of the music and the fun happening with all my guests. It would be a mistake not to get Tim and his team to host/DJ your wedding. Trust me, you will not be disappointed! We love you Tim!

Kaela Married on 10/06/2018
    We met Tim from the Minnesota Wedding Party at the River Rats Ski Show in Minneapolis. We had been looking for someone to mix some music together for our wedding and he was MORE than willing to do it! We contacted him Monday morning and we had met Tuesday at his home to mix the music. It only took us 30 minutes to mix everything up and he emailed the files over to me right away! He also made sure multiple times that we were happy with the mix and quality of the music and told us to reach out if we needed anything else. We would highly recommend Minnesota Wedding Party and Tim to any of our friends and family! Thanks again Tim!
    Bobby W. Married on 10/06/2018

Excellent DJ!

Our wedding dance started around 7pm and the dance floor was FULL the entire night until about 1am. Jeff did a phenomenal job as not only a DJ but went above and beyond to make sure my wife and I had a great day. We couldn't have asked for a better wedding day, topped off with a great dance and party!!
    Allison Married on 11/04/2017
    DJ Tim was all we were looking for in a DJ and MORE! He created the most amazing reception, and we wouldn't have changed a thing. The music he played kept people on the dance floor all night. He took charge of the night, made sure everyone in the bridal party (including me and my groom!) had ample drinks and food, and took such amazing care of us. If you're looking for a DJ with your best interests in mind, look no further than DJ Tim. He's so much more than just a DJ, he's an amazing multi-tasker, and we are SO thankful we choose Minnesota Wedding Party as our DJ for our wedding reception at Chanhassen Dinner Theatres. THANK YOU, DJ TIM!
    Courtney Married on 10/14/2016
    We can't say enough about how great Tim was to work with. He was very helpful in setting a timeline for our ceremony/reception/dance and managing that timeline. He uses excellent equipment with good sound quality. We appreciated his suggestions regarding music and what is played best when. Our guests LOVED the music videos accompanying the dance songs. Best of all, Tim is just a really nice guy. He brings great energy and fun to any dance party. As an added bonus, he found a family heirloom earring and held on to it for weeks after our wedding until we could meet him and retrieve it. We couldn't be more thankful for Tim! Bottom line: Hire the guy!
  • User1957209 2+ years ago
    Tim Folkenson was introduced to us as part of a Wedding Package provided by the Chanhassen Dinner Theatres. He was super helpful with everything from the venue details, to ceremony details, to serving as a wedding coordinator for our big day. I attended several weddings in 2014 and he was by far the best DJ from any of them. He projects videos that go along with the songs and I received a ton of compliments about the job he did. He also has a photobooth available for use for an extra fee. It creates a four photo strip with one copy for the guest and one copy for a photo book that he provides. I would definitely recommend him as the best DJ I've seen lately.
  • User1868638 2+ years ago
    It was really easy to work with Tim in preparing the music for the ceremony and any others that we wanted included. He uses music videos throughout the dancing and everyone absolutely loved it.
    Britt L. Married on 12/07/2019

Great Value, Great Dance Party

Minnesota Wedding Party's DJ and photo booth package was one of the best deals we found and worth every penny. The company delivers on its name - Jeff absolutely gave us the wedding dance party of our dreams.

PLANNING: Tim, the owner, was incredibly helpful in planning - offering a lot of great suggestions for how to make our day fun and special for us and our guests. He was open to phone calls or any other planning needs throughout the process (and he'll tell you texting/calling his cell is the fastest way to get him).

MUSIC: Tim's brother, Jeff, was our DJ and helped every part of our night run smoothly. He was so thoughtful, checking in with my husband and me throughout the night to make sure we liked the music and ensure we were happy with how things were going. He also made great recommendations to make the night fun and special (note: if he asks you to do one special thing before your last song, say yes - I don't want to spoil the surprise but it was a total highlight for us). Our dance floor was full all night long and we even had guests cheer for one more song as we wrapped up what we planned to be our last dance. Couldn't have asked for a better night.

PHOTO BOOTH: We also got our photo booth through Tim and it was perfect. A great classic photo booth at a totally affordable price. Mel, the attendant, was the sweetest (we had multiple guests share great experiences with her) and she made a photo book for us with every photo strip taken that night (along with extra copies) - it was so fun to look through the next day!
    Katie Married on 10/10/2015
    Okay, so here's the deal - Tim will make you very nervous. He's the DJ who comes with your inclusive package at Chanhassen Dinner Theatres. Because he does pretty much all of the weddings there, he doesn't really want to talk to you until 2-3 weeks from the wedding. YIKES! If you're a planner, that's scary, but it makes sense when you realize how he works.

BUT

It's totally fine, because he's absolutely amazing. We internally rolled our eyes HARD when he called himself a wedding concierge, but that's 100% what he was. From the moment we arrived for our ceremony, Tim handled everything. From wrangling a wayward groomsman to making sure we had drinks, to keeping the timeline flowing, to making sure the music fit the crowd, Tim had everything on lock and we didn't worry about a thing. He even gave us both some Advil at the end of the night with a glass of water, to prevent us feeling really sore the next day.

With Tim, you're getting a DJ, a photobooth (for an extra, very reasonable fee), and a day of coordinator all in one.
    Jamie Married on 12/05/2015
    Henry our dj was great, he was super helpful not only with music and all of that but he was helping with the whole event. Tim took a really long time to email me back anytime I emailed so that is why I didn't give a perfect score.
  • Keagan
    Keagan K. Married on 07/17/2021

If you want a dance party.... this is the DJ for you!

Tim was great to work with and we were so happy we were able to work with him for our big day! He kept the dance floor going all night long (people said it was the best party ever!), and he was a terrific MC/host. He clearly has done this a time or two and know what to do in every situation. Highly recommend!