Mindy Bean Photography Reviews

66 | Las Vegas, NV

66 Reviews for Mindy Bean Photography

Jessica · Married on 01/23/2014

Does a review of 5/5 seem a little ludicrous? Maybe, but Doug was PERFECT! He was probably the easiest vendor to communicate with of all our wedding contacts. Most emails were returned within a few hours and he was always open to my ideas and responded with suggestions of his own. In the end I really put the day in his hands and I couldn't have asked for anything better. Not only is Doug amazingly professional but he was fun! Before the wedding I wouldn't have thought about appreciating a "fun" photographer but after the fact it really made the day awesome. Taking wedding pictures for hours can be exhausting but my husband and I really had a fun, relaxed and amazing day.

I highly recommend Mindy Bean Photography, and especially Doug. If we lived in the area I would use them again for any of our photographer needs.

Sent on 02/14/2014

Annika · Married on 11/13/2013

We chose to take one of the smaller packages by Doug as we were eloping. We had a two hour photo session around the main street of Las Vegas (near the Bellagio). Doug was punctual and we shot the whole 2 hour session. He does amazing work and had some great ideas to capture the street vibe we wanted. The photos are amazing, I would recommend him to any bride looking for something a little less "proper and staged" and more creative.

Sent on 01/22/2014

Kerry · Married on 11/09/2013

Doug Bean was our wedding photographer and we cannot praise him enough. Leading up to the day he was always available by text or email, and as he had never been to our unique venue before, he met me there a few weeks before the wedding for us to scope out shooting locations. On the day, Doug set up our First Look and it's a moment we will never forget. From there he was kind, courteous, patient, and made sure we only focused on each other and our love. He took shots we never would have thought of and for the specific shots we did ask for he made them even better than what we had in our heads. He was creative and resourceful and together we took advantage of every nook and cranny of our beautiful 1930s Mission style Historic Fifth Street School venue. My husband and I really felt like Doug was part of our team! During the ceremony and reception he was both unobtrusive and everywhere at once! I know he got all the classic shots but I was never aware of him. All my guests and our family couldn't stop gushing about him. He was so fun during the reception too! There were a few times when he took our wedding rings away from us and I can't wait to see the photos to find out what creative things he did with them. I also saw him with our custom cake topper that was painted to look like us! He's a sneaky one! We haven't seen the photos yet as our wedding was less than a week ago but I have absolutely no doubt they will be gorgeous. We would hire Doug again in a second for any special occasion. He was the one vendor for our wedding that we appreciated the most and can't stop talking about. THANK YOU DOUG!!!

Sent on 11/15/2013

Stephanie · Married on 10/26/2013

There are so many things I want to say about Mindy Bean that this box literally wouldn't fit my whole review! But this basically sums it up:

If you are the kind of person who puts a high emphasis on your wedding photography, then there is no question that Mindy is the person you should hire. When I tell you we were singing her praises on the plane ride home, it's literal. She will do whatever it takes to make sure you are completely satisfied and happy. She goes above and beyond in every way. She is remarkable.

We love you Mindy Bean!! Thank you for everything!!!! xoxoxoxo

Sent on 10/29/2013

Stephanie · Married on 10/26/2013

We love you Mindy Bean!! Thank you for everything!!!! xoxoxoxo

Sent on 10/29/2013

My husband and I had Doug as our photographer for our wedding and we are so happy with everything! Doug showed up early, was very personable and made us feel comfortable as I am not a fan of the camera :-) Doug had even worked his magic at the Bellagio and we got some beautiful pictures there. I found that the majority of the pictures looked so natural and he captured the perfect moments...it didn't look like we were posing for a camera. Our wedding was in October and Doug made sure I had the pictures on time so I could make wonderful Christmas gifts for my family. Everyone that has looked at my wedding pictures have commented on what a great photographer Doug is. My husband and I are extremely happy with everything and would totally recommend using Doug. You will not be disappointed :-)

Sent on 02/22/2014

Hien · Married on 10/16/2013

We had the pleasure of meeting Mindy and Doug on our visit to Vegas. What an adorable and loving couple. We were able to fit in an engagement session and was amazed at how Mindy was able to give such simple direction. Our poses felt effortless. I’m practically a professional now haha. I have to warn you, she can be quite the tease. She’ll show you one picture and then make you wait for the rest later. But in the end, it’s worth the wait. Mindy will make your photos pop! She’s great with colour and lighting and knows what poses work. She’ll work with you if you want specific shots, but in our case, we just let her have the lead on it. She communicated well with our videographer and our other vendors. From start to finish, Mindy never stopped snapping away. We really can’t wait to see how everything turned out. I’m looking forward to those candid shots of our family and friends. We would recommend Mindy in a heart beat! Just look at her work…it speaks for itself.

Sent on 11/03/2013

cindy · Married on 10/05/2013

My husband and I are both from Australia. We decided to elope in Las Vegas August 2013. As I searched the net for a number of vendors the only vendor that matter was our photographer. It was very nerve racking searching for vendors overseas as I knew I wouldn't be able to sit down and talk to them. I search and found a few I liked. Mindy's photos were amazing and she made it to the top of my list.

I was glad that I contacted her. She answered all my questions and she was willing to Skype with me to put my mind at ease. The moment I spoke to her I feel in love LOL. She was so friendly, understanding and listened to my vision.

We spoke a few times and the day came when we met her. She was just as amazing in person. Her husband Doug does work with her and you get to communicate alot through him. I find them both very professional. I loved the day, we laughed so much. The day was perfect and it turned out just the way I envisioned. I would recommend her to anyone looking for exciting, fresh and imaginative photos.

She was prompt in getting the photos back to me as she knew how important it was that my family also got to see our special day.

Thank you for everything Mindy and Doug. We love your work and can't wait to see you again when we are back in Sin City.

Sent on 10/05/2013

Emily · Married on 09/23/2013

Good Lord---where do I begin???

Doug (Mindy's husband) did you quick Vegas wedding for us. He was EXTREMELY responsive, answered every question we had, work with us on everything, he even offered out a few vendors for hair and makeup that he and Mindy knew did a great job.

Doug is super flexible and fun-always makes you laugh, and listens to what you want and fulfills it (I wanted fun, not sappy pictures). He tells you how to stand, how to smile, where to look, when to suck in, and when to stick your butt out (TRUST ME its amazing) I am not the most theatrical person, so it really helped me--never done a photo shoot before! Doug makes sure ALL of the details are perfect before taking pictures, tie, dress, hair, makeup, just awesome. We aren't slobs by any means, but yes, he did re-tie my other half's tie, just because he knew how to make it BETTER.

The pictures came out awesome, we couldn't be happier!

Just trust me---there are a lot of scams or people that claim to be the best in Vegas, only when they show up do you realize it was all just a marketing hoax--Doug and Mindy are the real deal! You won't regret having them as your photographer.

Sent on 11/20/2013

Mindy was so amazing!! I have never been one for having my picture taken, but she made it so easy and fun! I love that Mindy stepped us thru how to stand, where to look, and what to do to make the best pictures. My husband and I had a great time getting to know Mindy during our engagement session, and that made the wedding even easier! I am so excited to see our final pictures! Mindy was also able to wrangle all of our family and bridal party (which was a job in itself) and keep everyone on schedule. She was even better than I could have dreamed!

Sent on 09/13/2013

Marley · Married on 07/20/2013

Doug did our wedding photos! He was quick to respond to emails leading up to the event, he showed up to my room that day on time and patiently waited for us to finish getting ready! He was patient with my rowdy group all day, he was fun and made us feel comfortable during our photoshoot! He did a great job we are more than pleased! Highly recommend Mindy Bean photography! We will be using them again!

Sent on 08/28/2013

Vivienne · Married on 07/05/2013

I was hesitant to get professional photos done for my wedding as I didn't want to take time away from being with friends & family, but it was important to my husband so I went along with it. I'm so glad I did! Doug was amazingly fun to work with and let us be as goofy as we wanted, while still managing to get some very touching shots of us. I was very happy with the quality of the photos, the professionalism he and his assistant Sarah exhibited, and their flexibility!

Sent on 07/18/2013

LUZ · Married on 05/17/2013

When we decided to get married in Vegas, never did I imagine I would have met such an awesome group of people along the way, like the vendors we worked with for our wedding. Mindy was at the top of this list.
    After seeing her photos one day online after searching for "best las vegas wedding photographer" we loved her work and decided to go to vegas for engagement photos and to see about the possibility of a destination wedding. After meeting Mindy we knew she was as good as they say she is. She made us feel comfortable. She went above and beyond. Till this day we still get compliments of our engagement photos. Through this whole process everytime we spoke felt like I was talking to a friend who was looking out for me. Throughout the planning she was very responsive and professonal. Special thanks to her husband Doug for all his suggestions and quick email responses. This was a destination wedding for us and I was a nervous wreck but she was able to put all my fears at ease. Trusting people with the most important day of your life is not easy, but she is one of the main reasons my day was a success. Her suggestions for a timeline and photo ideas were on point. She is so talented and good at what she does. I could only wish all brides had the chance to work with such kind and genuine people like Mindy. On the day of my wedding everything went perfectly smooth and I was able to remain calm and she made sure I was looking my best at all times. She was able to capture all the priceless moments that we will cherish forever and for our future children to see one day :) for this I am forever grateful.

Sent on 06/02/2013

Mary Jane · Married on 04/06/2013

Pleasure to work with! Spent the day with the Bride and Groom.... From bridal party dressing and primping for the wedding to late night reception! Took sooo many photos! Not a shot was missed or overlooked!

Sent on 04/12/2013

I am grateful for all the helpful reviews that led us to Mindy Bean. We had Doug as our photographer and he seemed to be everywhere at once, getting from one shot to the next faster than what seemed humanly possible. He was flexible, yet made sure that he got the shots he knew we would want, which was great since I’m clueless. Doug’s professionalism stood not only to the bride and groom, but to guests and family members. Choosing Mindy Bean photography was a great decision!

Sent on 03/21/2013

MeiLin · Married on 02/07/2013

Mindy Bean is a gem, and truly a great photographer to work with. She made our engagement shoot at the Neon Museum so memorable and fun, and this made it so much easier on the wedding day itself. If you are looking for a true professional that is easy to work with, and is flexible with pricing, we HIGHLY recommend Mindy. If we ever renew our vows or decide we need a photographer, Mindy would be our FIRST CHOICE.

Sent on 02/20/2013

Lalonde · Married on 01/19/2013

We decided to elope in Las Vegas, Nevada. We didn’t want the big wedding but we still wanted to have the best pictures. I did some research on the web for the best photographers in Las Vegas and I landed on the Mindy Bean page where I saw Doug Bean’s photos. My first reaction was WOW and then it was obvious that he was the one that was going to do our pictures, and let me tell you, we were not disappointed! Not only did our pictures turn out amazing but Doug was so professional, courteous and sweet and knew exactly what he was doing.

I recommend Mindy Bean Photography 200%. If you want something amazing that will last a lifetime and capture your very special moment, then you have come to the right place!

Thank you Doug for your amazing work!

Sent on 02/06/2013

Victoria · Married on 11/03/2012

They were amazing!! Such a fun couple and the photographs are amazing!! I would highly recommend them!!

Sent on 11/19/2012

Michelle · Married on 10/27/2012

Best vendors in my entire wedding experience! They are nice, professional and patient. I had interviewed other photographers beforehand who were not flexible on their packages (some stuff we didn't want or need), but Doug asked me what my budget was and what I wanted and we worked out a contract that benefited both of us. They let us stop for food and when I started getting tired during our shoot they even put music on for me to get me going again. My engagement pictures were so awesome and I can't wait to see my wedding photos. I could tell they wanted us to get the best photos and they were a lot of fun! I'm going to use Mindy Bean for my future family portraits when I have kids! Mindy Bean is worth every penny in your wedding investment!!!!!!!

Sent on 11/08/2012

Cheryl · Married on 09/08/2012

Mindy Bean Photography was fantastic throughout our entire engagement and wedding! Doug's photos are simply beautiful and he caught every candid moment. He made us feel comfortable in every situation and was quick to respond to all of my annoying bridal emails. Our photos are stunning we get compliments on them all the time! I can't say enough wonderful things about Doug and Mindy Bean Photography!

Sent on 10/29/2012

Violet · Married on 07/10/2012

Mindy Bean Photography is amazing! We feel so lucky to have found such incredible Photographers for our wedding this past July. Not only are they wonderful to work with but the work is extraordinary. From the very beginning it was such a breeze to organize everything. They were so accommodating, and most importantly, honest. Always had our best interests at heart and would go the extra mile on every occasion. The attention to detail was so vigilant, which definitely shows in the end product. The direction that Mindy provides throughout the sessions is so helpful and makes all the difference in the world. I felt so comfortable, confident and at ease all day. Once we received our pictures, we were completely blown away! The creativity, lighting and positioning was so well crafted but yet they were able to capture the richness of each moment on our most special day. It was more than we could ask for! The day after the wedding we went to go do our Trash The Dress session which turned out to be one the coolest things we ever did. We put all our trust in Mindy as we weren’t really sure what we wanted or expected. The end result was beyond belief! We would definitely recommend Mindy Bean Photography!! One of our best decisions was to go with them. Violet

Sent on 09/20/2012

Jessica · Married on 06/15/2012

Mindy is awesome! She gives so much direction with how to pose for photos and makes sure you look great. She is fun, easy to work with, and produces great photos. She also asked for a wedding schedule up-front and she did a great job of making sure we stayed on it. I highly recommend her.

Sent on 06/28/2012

Amber · Married on 05/19/2012

OH my friend Mindy.... Mindy is stuck with the COX family forever. We actually didnt hire Mindy right away I had another photographer who 2 months prior to my wedding cancelled on me so in a panic I found Mindy called her up and we meet to go over if she was available for my wedding date. As fate would have it she was and we connected perfectly. She has one of the BEST personalities of anyone i know! This women worked it out at my wedding!!! She was EVERYWHERE when she says she will photograph all of your wedding she means it!!! She was dancing with us on the dance floor just really made herself apart of my wedding. My guest loved her!! She was such amn important part of our weddding and no one would have been better than her. I will never know how I got so lucky to have someone cancel on me so I could find this better photographer!! I thank whom ever made it possible to have Mindy at my wedding! Anyone would be lucky to have mindy at their event!

Sent on 06/07/2012

Caitlin · Married on 05/04/2012

Mindy and Doug are so great! Mindy went above and beyond as a photographer. All of our guests commented on how much they enjoyed her. She did our engagement photos and we loved them, couldn't wait to see our wedding photos. When we received them, we were overly impressed. Each one of the almost 500 were perfect. They captured the event and our memories in a way we had dreamed it. We can't express enough of how much we enjoyed the whole experience with Mindy Bean Photography!

Sent on 07/03/2012
  • Krystal

Krystal · Married on 04/28/2012

Several months before my wedding date I decided to attend the bridal show to find a photographer. I went to the one before and found a company that I was interested in, but needed to get the approval from my fiancé. So I went there in search of the company that first caught my eye. We passed by Mindy and Doug’s both, I thought to myself “let’s see what they have to offer”. We got to talking, I found out that they're a husband and wife team and from the looks of their pictures they possessed true talent. I loved what was included in their packages, but since it was so last minute I didn’t want the engagement shoot. Mindy gave me some great advice on how important it was, as it turned out she was so right. I fell in love with Mindy right away because of her amazing and easy going personality. Not committing to a final decision, I decided to walk around and browse through other photographers, but nothing compared to the connection I had with Mindy. As soon as we left the bridal show I told my fiancé we had to have them and we called Mindy immediately! We’re not models so my fiancé and I were nervous about the engagement shoot, but Mindy guided through different poses and pointed us to the perfect backgrounds. We had a great time doing it and most importantly she delivered some AMAZING pictures. I was extremely busy the weeks prior to my wedding and I wasn’t able to give Mindy the timeline she need but she understood and was very nice about everything!!! She was on time for my early morning preparation and wedding, which she was always prompt, and Doug was with my finance and the groomsmen. The best part about the two of them working together is they cover a lot of ground and didn’t have to rush me to get to my partner. It was also an advantage during the ceremony because they were taking pictures form two different angles. Loved it!! Another nice thing they did after the wedding was driving us to our post destination spot to capture the background we had picked. Thank

Sent on 02/24/2013