Min Ah K. Campos Reviews

Min Ah K. Campos 3
Min Ah K. Campos 4
Min Ah K. Campos 5

Stephanie · Married on 06/02/2017

Min-ah was amazing. She was great to work with and did a beautiful job with me, my mother, and my mother in law. I would definitely recommend her for any hair or make up work.

Sent on 06/25/2017

Allison · Married on 05/28/2017

Love love loveeeeee her! I've had the opportunity to get my makeup done by Minah twice, once as a bridesmaid and recently as a bride. Min-ah is amazing to work with! She is not only professional and meticulous but extremely good and talented at what she does. Min-ah really knew how to highlight and accentuate my features and make me feel and look beautiful, but still natural. I was extremely happy with her work and couldn't have asked for a better make-up artist! She also did an amazing job with my mother, mother-in- law, and bridesmaids.

Sent on 06/21/2017

Luna · Married on 05/02/2017

I got in touch with her only a few days before my wedding and despite my last minute request, Min Ah made my day perfect. She was very accommodating with all my requests!

Sent on 05/09/2017

Debra · Married on 04/30/2017

I am so happy that I chose Min-ah to do my hair and makeup and she truly made me feel beautiful on my wedding day! She is incredibly sweet, professional, and so responsive! She's lightning quick with replying to emails and so accommodating and friendly in her responses.

We started out with a trial for one makeup look and one hairstyle at my home (she travels to you for no extra charge if your home is within 50 miles from where she lives in Somerset, MA; the trial itself for both hair and makeup cost $200). It was definitely helpful to do a trial because as someone who doesn't regularly wear makeup and exclusively wears my hair down or in a ponytail, I didn't have a clue about what would look best. The trial helped me to pinpoint specifically what I liked and didn't like--it's definitely different when you see something on Pinterest versus on your own head!

Looking back, I would highly recommend doing your trial (any trial--regardless of who it's with) in front of a mirror, or asking Min-ah for her handheld mirror to check the progress as you go and to let her know what you like and don't like. I've found through my experiences with her at the wedding that she's incredibly responsive and patient. She truly wants to make sure you are happy with how you look!

On the morning of the wedding, I let Min-ah know what I wanted and as I followed along with the progress using her handheld mirror, I was able to give Min-ah feedback and she always listened intently and worked with me until I was happy. Even when I had a hard time explaining why I didn't like something and when I had no idea what specifically needed to be fixed in order for me to be happy with the look, Min-ah never made me feel rushed and she never showed a hint of impatience. She worked her magic and in the end, I was thrilled with both my hair and makeup and they lasted all night. (The only exception and the one tip I have is I'd recommend bringing your own lip color.)

Sent on 05/19/2017

Sabrina · Married on 04/22/2017

Minah is an excellent hair and makeup artist. She made me feel so comfortable on my wedding day, and I was so happy with the results! I wanted a natural, classic look, and she took time to make sure I was completely happy with how I looked. My makeup stayed on for the entire day without smearing or smudging, and all of our pictures turned out great!

Sent on 08/29/2017

Kristina · Married on 10/08/2016

I found Minah's name through a friend who had her as her make-up artist for her wedding...and boy am I glad! Minah made my bridesmaids and I look AMAZING on our wedding day. She is an expert with Asian make-up, but she also did make-up for my Caucasian bridesmaids and they LOVED how they looked. All of our hairstyles turned out fantastic and lasted the whole evening without any problems. Minah is super responsive via email, and she remembered all the things we discussed during our trial and fine-tuned my hair and makeup such that it was absolutely, 100% perfect at the wedding. So many guests kept gushing to me about how beautiful I looked. And looking now at the photos and video, I am simply speechless. She is phenomenal, and if you are debating at all regarding who to choose, BOOK HER RIGHT NOW!

Sent on 10/14/2016

Thuong · Married on 10/02/2016

She is wonderful. She made me and my mother so beautiful that everyone at my wedding could not stop talking about that for days after the wedding.

Sent on 10/15/2016

g · Married on 10/01/2016

Minah was an absolute pleasure to work with. She really understood what I was going for, even better than I could or actually did vocalize. Her attention to detail is amazing and she really did great with the makeup for all my ladies, regardless of the varying skin tones, eye shapes, etc. For myself, Minah paid extra attention and time on me and I looked better than I could have imagined on my wedding day. I received so many compliments all night on my hair and makeup, and it lasted all day and night.

I would highly recommend Minah to all my friends.

Sent on 09/04/2017

Vicki · Married on 09/04/2016

Min Ah is so amazing to work with! She was so responsive, professional, and friendly. She is also incredibly talented and made us (there were 5 of us!) look so beautiful and she was so flexible to our schedule! I am not used to wearing makeup, but she made me feel relaxed and comfortable. We all looked flawless! Thank you, Min Ah, for all your beautiful work. We loved every minute of getting ready with you!

Sent on 09/11/2016

N · Married on 09/03/2016

Min Ah was a joy to work with! She is always responsive to emails and calls, which was important to me since I was planning my Boston wedding from New York. Even with 12 ladies to prepare hair and makeup for on the morning of my wedding, Min Ah's team was calm and thoroughly prepared. They arrive on time, gave everyone a face mask, and confirmed everyone's desired look before proceeding with their hair and make-up. My make-up lasted from 2pm when I left to take my photos until 3:30am when the afterparty finished! Most impressive though, is Min Ah's ability to make everyone look amazing. My bridal party and family members are of all different races (i.e. vastly different skin tones, hair textures, etc.) and different ages (from 21 to 70+) yet everyone looked like the best version of themselves. I wanted to create an "enhanced natural" look that was not artificial or caked-up for my entire bridal party, and she did this with ease while getting along with everyone. Thank you Min-ah!

Sent on 09/14/2016

Aria · Married on 08/20/2016

Min did make up for myself, my mom, groom, and goom's mom. We all loved her work! My pictures turned out great. All my guests said my make up on that day was gorgeous. My wedding was in the morning so my make up started at 4am. Min travelled all the way from her home to my place and arrived on time. After had my make done done, she then went to the venue with us to help my husband with his hair and some touch up on the face. She is a pleasure to work with. I like that she has great attention to details and always has a sweet smile on her face which definitely will make you feel good on the wedding day.

Sent on 09/22/2016

Sophie · Married on 08/13/2016

Minah is amazing!! She is very professional and is a very talented makeup artist. She listens to what you want and also is very good at giving her professional opinions. She did my engagement photos makeup (I used as a trial run) and she also did all my bridesmaid and mom's makeup on the wedding date. Her price is very good given the quality of service and the products she is using (she used pretty high-end makeup products like NARS, Bobbi Brown etc.) I wanted a more soft look and the result came out to be better than I could ever imagine! I got so many complements. I would definitely recommend her to all the brides. She came from Korea so she also knew a lot about the Korean makeup and fashion trend if you're interested in a more Asian look. Mine is entirely Asian look because I wanted a more matte finish and I do not want my skin to look super fair. Herself looks amazing too and I got a lot of makeup tips from her :) You definitely have to book her as early as possible.

Sent on 09/03/2016

Helen · Married on 08/06/2016

I was shocked about Min-ah's work --- very professional, good communication, and great result!
    It does not seem I was hiring someone to work for us but more like a good friend who came to help us. She made my mother in law, my bridesmaid and me very beautiful on my big day! Thanks to Min-ah and I will definitely hire her again for my other jobs.

Sent on 09/15/2016
  • Paul & Lilian

Paul & Lilian · Married on 07/30/2016

Min Ah is the greatest!!!

I am Asian (Chinese) and know from experience that I will need to find an Asian make up artist to be able to take care of me -- so I searched high and low but the options in Boston are truly limited. I finally stumbled upon Min Ah and am so glad that I did! Min Ah is a true professional and takes time to listen to your needs. She is so passionate about what she does -- make up is definitely more than just her job, but what fuels her everyday! You can tell when she is working that she enjoys it 100%, and I think this passion reflects on her creation!

Honestly even with all the communication and positive reviews, I still wasn't sure how things will go because I've had so many bad experiences with other people doing my make up. But Min Ah made me feel comfortable the minute I met her. She ended up doing my bridal hair and make up, 2 moms, and 1 sister -- everyone looked awesome! The photos came out SO NICE, and I am so so so happy with how everything turned out.

I would recommend definitely doing a trial, so you can tweak the look you are going for. When I did my trial, it was a little too "glamorous" for my liking, and Min Ah definitely was able to change into a more natural look for me on the day of.

Sent on 08/05/2016

Priscilla · Married on 06/20/2016

I'm so happy that I chose Minah and her hair stylist partner to help me and my family get ready for my wedding. Minah did my make-up along with my sister and mother's in a "Korean bridal style". All of us were really happy and never looked better. She even trimmed our eyebrows a bit to give me the straight eyebrow shape that I wanted. I got a lot of compliments on my make-up specifically on the wedding day. She also did the makeup of my caucasian mother-in-law and sister-in-law and they were thrilled with their make-up. I was really happy that I found a MUA that mastered make-up for asians and caucasians equally well.

As a word of advice, I would definitely do a trial before the wedding day because the first time Minah did my make-up, she did it in the "Western style," which I wasn't thrilled with. But after I communicated the things I wanted changed, she totally nailed it on the wedding day.

Her hair stylist partner was also outstanding. She did stunning updos with ease and every single one of us were amazed at her skill. I really appreciated how she worked with me and did not stop tweaking the updo until I was 100% happy. I was going to just stick a flower in my hair myself but she offered to put it in for me and made it look much better than what I would have done. As a team they made us all look and feel amazing!

Sent on 07/16/2018
  • Y

Yiwen · Married on 06/12/2016

Min-ah is very professional with very deep understanding about makeup. With art background, she really understands how design the colors, shapes, etc.. She is very responsible and easy to communicate with.

Sent on 06/25/2016
  • F

Fei · Married on 05/30/2016

I wanted to find a makeup artist who knows Asian makeup and found Minah on Weddingwire. The review is great and the portfolio on her website looks beautiful and natural. I booked Minah directly and did a trial within one week of my wedding. There was no regret. On the wedding day, she did hair and makeup for me, my mom, my mother in law, and the groom. All are great. I was praised several times during the wedding by the guests. They said my makeup was pretty and my hair was an art. I am very happy! Because my ceremony was in the morning. She needs to come very early in the morning. She is very accommodating with the time. I would definitely recommend her.

Sent on 06/04/2016

Sue · Married on 05/21/2016

My makeup and hair was flawless for both the trail and wedding day lasting the entire day. You can definitely tell Min-ah is a perfectionist, very punctual and loves what she does. I had some issues with emails but quick text messages worked out fine too. Thank you Min-ah!

Sent on 05/23/2016

Chun · Married on 05/14/2016

Min-ah is wonderful to work with. She is very responsive and accommodating. I added 2 additional people who needed hair and make-up towards the last month of preparations and she was able to fit everyone it. She even brought someone just to work on the hair while she did the makeup. I loved her work, and everyone was very happy with the outcome. The pictures turned out great, and I didn't even feel like I had that much make-up on. It lasted all night despite the dancing and hugs! Thank you Min-ah!

Sent on 07/11/2016

I can't say enough wonderful things about Min-Ah! I found her online just two weeks before my wedding (upon realizing that I didn't love the outcome of my bridal trial at one of the most highly reviewed salons in the area). Thankfully, Min-Ah saved my big day, in multiple ways - I'll later elaborate. I reached out to her out of desperation. She was super responsive and was able to fit me into her busy schedule for a trial on such short notice. I was extremely pleased with the results and thought to myself that no one could possibly have done a better job :) On the day of, she had to drive nearly 100 miles to my out-of-town venue, yet she even arrived early at 5:45am to give herself a sufficient time for my 11:00am ceremony. This allowed us some leeway when my mom wanted to change her look last minute, which Min-Ah happily accommodated. I absolutely loved my final look - my now husband told me that it was the prettiest of me that he had ever seen. Indeed, Min-Ah made me feel so comfortable and confident, but that wasn't even it! When it had started pouring unexpectedly, she kindly offered to drive me (carrying my giant bags) to the venue, dropped me off, found parking, and quickly came back inside for final touches. At that point, things were running a little behind due to the heavy rain, and this must have been stressful for her, too. But she handled everything so gracefully and professionally. She also helped me enormously during getting-ready shots, and when I was left alone with her right before walking down the aisle, she gave me some helpful tips as to how to walk in a wedding gown & hold my bouquet. My mom still raves about Min-Ah. And I agree it was so wonderful having her there. I highly recommend her!

Sent on 05/17/2016

Dana · Married on 05/01/2016

Min-Ah is AMAZING! I was looking for a hair stylist/make-up artist who's worked with Asian brides and bridesmaids in the past. There's only a few in the Northeast with portfolios that feature Asian brides, and really, it was obvious to me that Min-Ah is the best doing beautiful hair and make-up that isn't too flashy or fake-appearing. Min-Ah is also fluent in Korean, which made it easy for my mom to partake in my getting-ready process and to cherish beautiful memories from my wedding day. Min-Ah is also very accommodating and pleasant to work with!

Sent on 05/25/2016

Minah is an extremely talented make up artist ! My mother in law + my mom, and I had make up by Minah and hair done by Sara and we were extremely happy how it turned out -our makeups and hair made my wedding day as perfect -
    Thank you Minah ! and I highly recommend her to those who are seeking for hair/makeup artist in boston area-

Sent on 05/03/2016

I'm so glad to have had the opportunity to work with Minah. I absolutely loved how my hair and make-up turned out, and many of the bridesmaids received glowing compliments. Minah is both professional and personable, and I'll recommend her to any bride in a heartbeat! I'm so glad to have found her :D

Sent on 05/01/2016

Minah was a wonderful and professional person to work with. She has mad skill for transforming a person's look into a movie star like quality. She pays a great attention to details. And she has an eye for the best features of your face and the skill to highlight them. If you want to look your best at your important event, Minah is a must have!

Sent on 03/25/2016

Min Ah is wonderful to work with! I usually don't wear makeup because I'm such a skincare fanatic.
    She did a really stunning look and everything looked very natural. I didn't get to do a trial because I'm not from the area but I would highly recommend anyone to do it so that there are no surprises. My hair looked really nice that definitely matched my dress. She knew how to work with my face and did everything very thoroughly.
    And my makeup and hair lasted all night. I would highly recommend her for anyone who wants a natural look.

Sent on 01/08/2016