Min Ah K. Campos Reviews

Min Ah K. Campos 6
Min Ah K. Campos 7

Ayla · Married on 04/20/2019

Fantastic Hair & Makeup artist

I highly recommend Min Ah for your special day to do hair and makeup. I was in search for the perfect artist around Boston for months and I was so happy to have found Min Ah! She made me (and everyone else in the wedding party) so beautiful . She is creative, sweet, and professional at every level. You will not regret!!!

Sent on 04/22/2019

Jie · Married on 10/06/2018

I hired Minah for my bridal and bridesmaids hair and makeup. The quality to price ratio is so good! She has some very special tools that can make my hair look much more volume!

Sent on 10/12/2018
    Min Ah K. Campos 8
    Min Ah K. Campos 9
    Min Ah K. Campos 10
    Min Ah K. Campos 11

Sarina Kowaguchi · Married on 09/14/2018

Amazing makeup and hair stylist!!

Being Asian, I knew from previous experiences I've had with makeup and hair artists that I had to have someone who was experienced with handling straight Asian hair (mine does not hold curls well at all), that knew how to dress up my monolids (very difficult with people who are used to working with creased eyelids!!), and had makeup that would work with my skin tone. I stumbled across Min-ah, loved her work on instagram and decided to go with her after a lot of research on other makeup artists.

I had my wedding September 2018 and had my trial with Min-ah the week before my wedding (given that I was coming in from out of the country for my wedding). Min-ah was responsive, flexible, and so friendly to everyone in my wedding party. I was unsure about the amount of makeup I was going to have on, given that I usually do very natural makeup and have never had that much makeup put on me, but Min-ah was very patient with me and willing to work with me and what I had in mind. I was really stressed on my wedding day given that I was doing most of the wedding planning (and did not hire a planner), but Min-ah helped me calm down and have a great time during my makeup session! I felt beautiful all day long, and could not stop looking at my face and hair in the mirror :) My mother and sister also got their make-up done by Min-ah and both looked beautiful as well. We all had very different styles in mind, and I loved how Min-ah changed the style of our make-up and hair based on our personalities and styles. Thank you, Min-ah for making this an amazing experience and for helping me feel like a princess on my special day!

Sent on 01/15/2019

Melvyn · Married on 09/09/2018

Min-Ah is an amazing makeup artist!

Min-Ah is talented, warm and wonderful to work with for all my makeup and hairstyling needs for my wedding. Let me preface this by saying that I’ve had my makeup done several times by other professionals for various events, but I usually ended up feeling like I was wearing a mask of sorts and uncomfortable with so much product on my face, or else felt that the color tones for both the foundation and eyeshadow were a little off. However, Min-Ah did such a Fantastic job for my wedding that I feel I should be taking some lessons from her for future reference! My makeup on my wedding day was natural, brought out the best of my features and made me feel comfortable in my skin, which is a lot to ask for as I have a very basic daily makeup routine. Min-Ah made the call to go with a ‘softer’ look without my having to request for it (of course after letting me know her recommendation on the day). I liked my trial makeup as I had requested for a natural, Korean-style makeup look, which usually comes with coral tones that generally suits my skin color. However, I LOVED the subtle, soft colors she chose for my wedding makeup and just felt so relieved on my way to my wedding venue it was as if one huge burden had been lifted off my shoulders. She also did a wonderful job with makeup for my mother (who has always been 100% unhappy with every single one of her previous makeup experiences for weddings or formal events but was happy with Min-Ah’s application of her makeup), for my bridesmaids who looked stunning on the day (including one who got PLENTY of compliments as she usually doesn’t wear makeup but Min-Ah made her look gorgeous :)) and she even covered up the scratch on my little flower girl’s face without charging us extra. She was also very accommodating with my last-minute request to change my hairstyle from a full up-do to a half-updo style as I wanted a more subtle look. As we had quite a few people who needed their makeup done, she brought along her assistant to help with the hairstyling and we loved her work too! Min-Ah was fun to talk to, very organized and well-prepared, uses good quality makeup products, very talented, and she’s gorgeous herself! Who wouldn’t trust a makeup artist who looks like a model? :) I would recommend Min-Ah for any brides’ wedding makeup needs, you won’t regret it!

Sent on 10/29/2018

Claudia · Married on 09/08/2018

Best MUA in Boston!

My wedding day was perfect with the help of Min-Ah. She was so sweet, professional, and amazing from the make-up trial all the way until the wedding day. Min-Ah listened to all the suggestions/concerns from my bridesmaids and myself implemented them with great expertise. My bridesmaids were a diverse group of all ethnicities/skin and hair types, and Min-Ah was able to make everyone look gorgeous! I loved my makeup and hair for my wedding and I cannot recommend her enough to all future brides! :)

Sent on 10/24/2018
  • Connie

Connie · Married on 08/23/2018

Couldn’t have had a better makeup artist and hair stylis

Minah was so wonderful to work with. She is not only talented and skilled, she is very kind and has a super fun personality. She was so accommodating and made sure you looked flawless. I will definitely hire her again for any future events. Minah just rocks!

Sent on 10/22/2018

Dzung · Married on 07/21/2018

Minah is a phenomenal makeup artist. She was professional, courteous, and friendly. Everyone was happy with their makeup. Our makeup looked great all night long with hardly a touchup. I would highly recommend her to anyone who is seeking a professional for any occasion.

Sent on 07/28/2018
    Min Ah K. Campos 12
  • Y

Ying · Married on 07/21/2018

For my wedding in RI , I wanted a make-up artist who could do makeup for Asian faces, and I was so glad I found Min Ah! She did my hair & make-up as well as the makeup for my bridesmaids. My mother-in-law and aunt-in-law liked the looks so much that they also asked to get hair & makeup! Min Ah was very friendly and accommodating and let me change the hairstyle from an updo (which I had in my trial) to a half updo (last minute to cover up my back acne), and she did a beautiful job. The makeup was both natural and glamorous, and the hair held up the whole night (despite it being windy outside at the venue).

Sent on 09/02/2018

Grace · Married on 07/08/2018

Yet another grateful and happy bride here. Minah was great to work with. Prompt, responsive, professional, and works her magic with efficiency.

Sent on 07/10/2018

Karen · Married on 06/24/2018

I don't tend to wear much makeup -- usually only spend 5-10 minutes on my makeup in the morning. When looking for my wedding makeup artist, I wanted to find someone who made me look like a better version of myself -- not too much makeup but also someone good at doing makeup suitable to asian features. Minah did a trial for me first and I knew then she was the one. She made me look FLAWLESS (especially for photos) but I also felt natural and in my own skin. On the wedding day, she heroically woke up at 2AM to start our makeup for our 1030AM ceremony. She made both moms look so beautiful and was an absolute pleasure to work with. Minah is a very talented makeup artist and is also a very sweet person! I HIGHLY recommend working with Minah as she knows how to make you look your best self!

Sent on 06/30/2018

Caitlin · Married on 06/16/2018

Min Ah was incredibly easy to work with and she did an AMAZING job. I have never felt so beautiful and everyone in the bridal party looked wonderful. She was very responsive which made the whole process not stressful.

Sent on 07/16/2018

Chanelle · Married on 06/09/2018

Minah was awesome; she was professional and warm. I was so happy to find her after a horrible experience with Alanna DeBarros (also on wedding wire, see my review if you're curious). Minah takes her time with her work, paying attention to every detail. She did my hair for the trial, but I ended up going with a different style for the wedding day which was done by her colleague, Suriva, and it still came out great. I think I could have requested that Minah do both my hair and makeup for the day of, but we were in a rush and I didn't say anything. It worked out fine in the end! The experience overall was very pleasant, Minah and Suriva were so personable and fun. It's important to have good rapport with your makeup and hair people because you will pretty much spend half the day with them right before your wedding and you want to keep it as low stress as possible. I was really happy with both my makeup and hair, they lasted the whole night without issues. Thank you, Minah!

Sent on 08/19/2018

Heather · Married on 05/27/2018

Min-ah was an absolute joy to work with! Not only is she extremely talented, but also laid-back, funny, and efficient! She did such an amazing job with my hair and makeup (both for my trial and wedding day). Min-ah and her hair stylist did wonders for my girls and were so accommodating. Thank you so much for being a part of our special day!!

Sent on 06/14/2018

Caroline · Married on 05/20/2018

I was so happy to have found Min Ah for hair and makeup for my wedding! I’m from out of town and she came through a recommendation from a family friend. I didn’t have a chance to do a trial with her before the day due to the long distance and busy schedules, but she was still amazing and my mom and bridesmaids were beautiful! My bridesmaids just got their hair done with Min Ah, while my mom and I also got our makeup. She’s a lot of fun to work with and super professional and prepared. I’d highly recommend her for wedding hair and makeup!

Sent on 05/24/2018
    Min Ah K. Campos 13
    Min Ah K. Campos 14
    Min Ah K. Campos 15

Doris · Married on 05/11/2018

Min-Ah is an amazing makeup artist! She was on time, quick and professional. My makeup and hair lasted all day long through all the pictures, crying and dancing. She gave me a cute little care package at the end of her session. Oil blotting sheets, lotions, and two face mask sheet to keep my face looking healthy after a day of wearing heavy makeup!

She’s also super fun to talk to during your mini break down session! Lol I think all brides has those “oh shoot, I’m getting married in 4 hours moments” when they’re getting ready. She helped calm my nerves and made the entire makeup experience stress free and effortless! I loved my wedding makeup! Min-Ah is the best!

Sent on 05/26/2018

Hannah · Married on 05/05/2018

Minah is absolutely amazing! And I'm SO HAPPY with my experience working with Minah! She understands what I want very well, and she gave me exactly the makeup I love! Thanks to her, everyone of my wedding party looks stunning! I would highly recommend Minah to all my friends and family!

Sent on 06/01/2018
  • Y

Yumi · Married on 03/17/2018

She is very professional also friendly. She knows what I needed. I’m pretty picky, but she did really great job. I highly recommend.

Sent on 04/01/2018

Robyn · Married on 10/14/2017

Min Ah did an amazing job with hair and makeup for my wedding. My bridesmaids all looked gorgeous and everyone told me my bridal look was stunning. She was also willing to travel out of her way to assist us and worked tirelessly for hours on end without taking a break. She is also very nice and a pleasure to work with!

Sent on 11/09/2017

Helen · Married on 09/30/2017

Minah was truly amazing! On my wedding day, Minah and her assistant did hair and makeup for me (the bride), 3 bridesmaids, and my mother, and we all looked flawless. Minah is not only a professional, but she is a true artist-- she told me during my hair/makeup trial that "it's not her job, it's her passion," and that motto really holds true for her. She works well with Asian features (her contouring is incredible, especially given my non-existent cheekbones and flat nose bridge) and a variety of skin types and tones. I, for one, have extremely oily skin, but her products helped to keep my oil at bay and also lasted for 11 hours (with one formal touch-up in halfway through, and a couple of quick powder dustings) without getting cakey or sliding off . My hair is also extremely straight (and almost never holds a curl), but she did an amazing half-updo that was absolutely gorgeous that held the entire day. Minah is also extremely kind and funny-- the entire getting-ready session was extremely fun with her around. I would give her more than 5 stars if I could, 100% satisfied!

Sent on 10/12/2017
    Min Ah K. Campos 16
    Min Ah K. Campos 17

Hanna · Married on 09/17/2017

Minah was great for my hair and makeup for both my engagement session and wedding day. Love the photos! Def recommend her!!!

Sent on 10/02/2017

Ann · Married on 09/16/2017

Minah did my makeup and hair for my wedding on 9/16/17. She also did a trial for me two weeks before. I specifically chose Minah because she had done my friend's wedding two years earlier, and my friend had looked so radiant and natural. I also wanted to make sure I had an artist who understood how to make Asian faces look natural with makeup. I was worried because the several times I've gotten professional makeup done before, it's usually been exaggerated and too colorful, with too much contour in the wrong places for my face. I emphasized those worries to Minah and she knew exactly what I was talking about and assured me we wouldn't have any of those problems. From the very beginning she was quick to respond, remembered all the little details, and was accommodating with the back-and-forth as I made changes to plans for my bridesmaids and mother-in-law's hair and makeup plans. On the trial day she came to my apartment right after doing a full wedding starting at 4 am that morning. She stayed longer than the 2 scheduled hours to make sure she got all my feedback. I wanted to have fewer curls and a less complicated hairstyle, and lighter brows. Otherwise the trial was excellent and my then-fiance loved how I looked for our date that afternoon. On the wedding day itself she arrived just on time (5:10 AM) to do my bridesmaids' makeup and did an excellent job on everyone. She remembered what I had wanted to change from the trial and fulfilled every request. My makeup lasted the whole day, even through bright sunlight and heat since we had an outdoor reception. I've posted some pictures from the trial, right before the ceremony, and the end of the reception (outdoors) just to show how great of a job she did! I highly recommend Minah for any bride!

Sent on 09/30/2017
    Min Ah K. Campos 18
    Min Ah K. Campos 19
    Min Ah K. Campos 20
    Min Ah K. Campos 21
    Min Ah K. Campos 22

Sarah · Married on 09/09/2017

Min was highly recommended to my by a friend and that recommendation was spot on. She was so extremely talented, kind, and professional. Her communication was excellent throughout the entire trial and wedding process. She did such an amazing job and helped to make our wedding so happy and memorable. Thank you!!!

Sent on 09/14/2017

Deborah · Married on 09/08/2017

If you're getting married in the boston/rhode island area, you are in luck because Minah is the best you can ask for as a makeup/hair artist. Especially those who want needs to be catered to for asian hair and skin, she is it. Maybe there's more artists out there but from what I've experienced, finding a korean artist is scarce in this area. Most likely, you will want to get someone from new york thinking they're much more capable. But you would seriously be wasting money to do this because according to my bridesmaid, minah was the only time she actually liked the hair and make up for herself from all the weddings she's been in. She's an unexpected gem and you will be very happy with how she made you look on your wedding day. Very efficient too! Already recommended her for a friend's wedding in boston!

Sent on 09/18/2017

Teresa · Married on 09/08/2017

Minah was amazing! She was super organized, sweet, timely, and just great. She was so thorough and made all of my girls look absolutely gorgeous! She also has a patient of a saint. She had to fix my makeup several times because I kept crying it off! Normally when I get my hair and makeup done for weddings there is at least one girl that doesn't like either their hair or make up but for the first time n my experience all of my girls did not have one complaint. Their hair and make up both looked flawless. I would recommend her time and time again because she was simply the best!

Sent on 08/16/2017