Mimosa-Floral Design Studio Reviews

87 Reviews for Mimosa-Floral Design Studio

• Elissa

Elissa Alves · Getting married on 06/01/2021

Highly recommend!

We had an intimate wedding of 25 guests and so many florists would not even entertain the idea of doing the florals for our wedding. Many that did would refuse to let us customize our flowers and just had us pick from a preset design. Lydia at Mimosa was absolutely amazing. We had a few ideas in mind and when we shared them with Lydia, she transformed our bare bones thoughts to floral perfection. The size of our wedding was absolutely no problem and the budget was very reasonable. Our flowers looked gorgeous all day (even when I put my bouquet through a snowstorm for photos) and arrived perfectly on time. I absolutely adored our flowers and our guests had so many compliments for how unique, special and gorgeous they were. I so highly recommend Mimosa Floral!

Sent on 02/02/2020

Mimosa-Floral Design Studio's reply:

Hi Elissa!!! OMG! Thank you so much for writing this! Clients like you are the reason we designed our Sweet Pea service! We're so incredibly happy for you and absolutely LOVED working with you on your wedding. Wishing you so much happiness and joy. xx The Mimosa Team.
  • Greg

Greg Chianetta · Married on 09/21/2019

Stunning floral design

Mimosa Floral is a top-notch floral design company - we cannot recommend Lilli and her team highly enough. We had very high expectations and specific requests when it came to the floral vision for our wedding and Lilli exceeded those expectations in every way. They created a stunning and elegant garden party look for our outdoor reception at Tavern on the Green, and seamlessly translated that look into the flowers at the church, including a gorgeous garland on the bannister out front and in posies on the pews, and in all of the bouquets.

Beyond the highest quality craftsmanship and product, Lilli and the Mimosa team were a joy to work with. They are warm, engaging, responsive, and professional. If I were doing it all over again, I would rush to book Mimosa before doing anything else because our wedding truly would not have been the same without them.

Sent on 05/02/2020
  • Shana

Shana Honig · Married on 09/14/2019

Absolutely breathtaking flowers!

Lilli, Jillian, and the entire Mimosa team were fantastic to work with. Their floral designs blew us away, and it was such a pleasant experience to work with an intimate staff who truly care about their craft. Our wedding venue (The Liberty Warehouse) suggested Mimosa to us, which was great given the existing relationship and ease it added to our process due to a strong relationship between teams and familiarity with the space in & out. I’ll never forget the feeling I had walking into our reception room for the first time and seeing what a gorgeous job they had done - I was truly blown away and it exceeded my expectations. I highly recommend working with Mimosa on any event! They also did our rehearsal dinner and those flowers turned out beautiful as well.

Sent on 09/24/2019

Hi Shana!

Thank you so much for your kind words! We absolutely loved working with you on your stunning wedding and rehearsal dinner. Sending you love! xx The Mimosa Team

Evan · Married on 09/08/2019

Incredible Florist

We did not realize the importance of an excellent florist until we met with the team at Mimosa. They were able to maximize our budget and design a look and feel for our wedding that truly reflected our tasted and style. Highlights of Mimosa’s work included our incredible Chuppa—it was unlike anything we could have imagined, yet tasteful and a reflection of us as a couple. The floral arrangements on the tables and our vine chandelier were incredible. Aside from the extremely high quality work, the entire team at Mimosa was just wonderful to work with. They truly listened and cared to make our floral (and really décor) vision come true. Mimosa’s work was incredible and cannot be recommended enough.

Sent on 11/13/2019

Mimosa-Floral Design Studio's reply:

We Love you guys and that green chandelier was everything ;) Wishing you both so much joy and happiness xx the Mimosa Team
  • Ellie

Ellie Deneroff · Married on 08/17/2019

Mimosa floral is a dream to work with!

Mimosa floral did an absolutely stunning job at my wedding. Working with them was such a pleasure. From our initial phone call, to in-studio visit, to actual wedding, they absolutely nailed our aesthetic and even made me a custom wedding hat, which I'm not ready to take off yet. They are a dream to work with and do amazing work.

Sent on 08/21/2019
  • Heather

Heather · Married on 08/03/2019

Satisfied Sweet Pea!

After my mom had a melt down about my plan to DIY flowers for my wedding, we hired Mimosa to create ceremony arrangements and handle the "personals" (bouquets, boutonnieres, etc.) for the big day. Instead of making me feel cheap for needing only a few specific items, rather than an entire wedding's worth of flowers from them, Lydia was SO NICE as she drafted up three different quotes and mock ups for our relatively small order while I tried to mitigate the family drama/budget. She made me feel like "there are no small orders, only small flowers," when it came to customer service. No other florist I spoke to offered the same flexibility and a la carte options and pricing.

And when the big day came, her arrangement truly delivered and took our event to a level that I never would have been able to achieve! I was so grateful we had their help and expertise in making the wedding a beautiful and colorful day!

Sent on 08/20/2019

Mimosa-Floral Design Studio's reply:

Whoo hoo!!! Hi Heather! Love the subject "Satisfied Sweet Pea" We love all of our clients but always so special to hear from our Sweet Peas! We worked really hard to design a service that helps smaller weddings and are so happy to hear that you were into it! We're sad that Lydia is moving on but so happy that it's to follow her dreams! Sally is stepping in as our Sweet Pea client manager and she's amazing! Wishing you all the happiness in the world!
    xoxo The Mimosa Team

Pauline · Married on 07/13/2019

Best NYC florist!!

Mimosa Floral did our wedding on July 13, and it was truly beyond what we could have imagined. From the start, they were so easy to work with - exactly understanding my vision, giving great guidance on which flowers would go well with the different arrangements, and being incredibly transparent in costs (and helping me keep costs reasonable!). I truly could not recommend them more. If you need a (wedding/event) florist in NYC, don't look further!!

Sent on 07/19/2019

Mimosa-Floral Design Studio's reply:

Oh my gosh!! Thank you so much for your kind words!!! We absolutely LOVED working with you and Matt. Can't wait to see the pictures!

Stella · Married on 05/11/2019

Highly recommend!!

I had a lot of great vendors for my wedding, but Mimosa was by far the best. I was totally blown away by their kindness, professionalism, and incredibly beautiful work. I cannot recommend them highly enough.

Lilli and Jillian were such a pleasure to work with for my Hindu/Jewish wedding. They took time during our 1:1 session to really understand what my husband and I wanted, and they found exactly the right balance of traditional florals that were still unique (and all within our budget).

Some highlights:
    - Gorgeous chuppah / mandap that was customized to be extra large so that we could fit bride, groom and both sets of parents for the Hindu ceremony.
    - Beautiful flower garlands for the bride & groom Hindu ceremony.
    - Stunning floral arrangements incorporating cherry blossoms. Guests are still talking about them months after the wedding.
    - When it started raining during our ceremony, Jillian had the idea to bring in the ceremony flowers and some pieces of the chuppah to create an intimate, beautiful setting for the remainder of our ceremony. It couldn't have been more perfect and I am so grateful to her for her quick thinking and creativity.

Sent on 07/06/2019

Mimosa-Floral Design Studio's reply:

Hi Stella!! OMG, thank you so very much for all of your kind words! It was such an honor to work with you and Shuman on your stunning wedding. It was our first Hindu/Jewish wedding and we loved every minute of it!! xoxo the whole Mimosa team.

Elizabeth · Married on 10/06/2018

Mimosa is incredible. I didn't know a florist could absolutely transform a space before we saw what Mimosa did with our venue. We selected a bare, warehouse-style venue and were concerned with making the interior warm and beautiful, with an "indoor-outdoor" feel. Mimosa did just that, selecting beautiful jewel-toned flowers, creating tree-like centerpieces for some of the tables, and just generally bringing a funky, inspired design eye to bear on our space. The place looked unique and classic at once and so many guests complimented the decor. We highly recommend them!!!

Sent on 10/14/2018

Nancy · Married on 09/22/2018

Lilly or Mimosa just got it - I sent her a few photos of inspiration and she took that and ran with it. I'd wanted a variety of shapes and size of flowers and loads of brilliant color, and that that's actually very difficult to achieve. The space was all white and the flowers were the decor and it was stunning. We were blown away by how beautiful the flowers were. Lily also took the time at our first meeting to ask me a few questions about myself and what I do - she went beyond asking what kind of flowers I wanted, and she came up with a beautiful ribbon illustration that made use of a huge blank wall while enhancing but not competing with the gorgeous floral arrangements.
    I see why everyone I talked to at the beginning of the planning process mentioned Lily and Mimosa first. She was a pleasure to work with and is a real artist

Sent on 10/01/2018

Simone · Married on 04/21/2018

Beautiful, amazing, perfect flowers! Lilli, thank you!! Lilli's communication, ideas and creativity throughout the whole process was amazing. She and her staff were so fantastic. My bouquet and our chuppah were beyond anything I could have hoped for. We didn't want anything too decorative, or too much, and she nailed the simple beauty we were going for.

Sent on 04/24/2018

Joanna · Married on 02/24/2018

Mimosa's work is absolutely gorgeous. I worked with Lilli and her team at Mimosa for the florals for my wedding at The Liberty Warehouse in Brooklyn and the entire process, and of course creations, were impeccable. They captured my vision, worked with my budget and timing and brought to life the perfect florals for my reception. I love clean and classic style and neutral colors and they matched my vision exactly - everything was perfect. Thanks to the Mimosa team!

Sent on 08/07/2018

Mimosa-Floral Design Studio's reply:

Thanks so much Joanna!! We loved working with you on your stunning wedding. Thanks for entrusting us with your vision it's a super compliment coming from someone who knows the industry so well ;) xoxo and congratulations!

Alexandra · Married on 01/13/2018

Lilli and the Mimosa team are floral design perfection! From our first meeting, they felt like friends (with really great taste), guiding us and helping us to make the flower, candle and linen choices to create the wedding of our dreams. Totally flexible and creative, they took our initial ideas and blew them out of the water! We had so many compliments on our centerpieces and overall decor and on the day of the wedding, they were so relaxed and solutions oriented! We highly recommend Mimosa to anyone who wants a truly unique and special floral experience!

Sent on 02/07/2018

Jill · Married on 09/23/2017

It was truly a pleasure to work with Lilli and the team at Mimosa Floral! I couldn't have been happier with our florals. I'm a designer and had a very specific vision and Lilli and her talented designer Jillian helped make it happen. Everything looked incredible and we received so many compliments on the decor. The ceremony blew my mind! They created 2 large floral arrangements on pedestals that were GORGEOUS. They were so unique and unexpected. I couldn't have dreamt them up myself! ! They also collected autumn leaves from the park to put down the isle! It looked like a magical woodland wedding, even though we were in NYC! The tables were also stunning as well! Everyone was taking photos and saying how special they were. Oh, and my bridal bouquet... I am in love with my bouquet! It was exactly what I wanted and even more! The team at Mimosa floral is mega talented. Lilli is a professional but also personable, warm, and very funny. It was so much fun working with her! The florals were one of my favorite parts of our wedding.

Sent on 10/25/2017

Kelsey · Married on 09/09/2017

I cannot say enough good things about Lilli and her team! They were always prompt and willing to work with us no matter the deadline and best of all they took our vision and made it even better than we could ever have hoped!

Sent on 09/17/2017

Rena · Married on 12/11/2016

I could not be happier with the team at Mimosa. I knew they were going to do a great job at my wedding - but they far exceeded my expectations.

Yes, Mimosa has pretty flowers, but when you hire Mimosa, you are hiring them for their creative capabilities and design. After sharing my 'vision' and perimeters during our first meeting, I listened to their guidance and advice on how it would all come together, and tried to be as hands off as possible (this is coming from a VERY hands on person). It was perfection.

Sent on 12/18/2016

Therese · Married on 09/21/2016

We had our elopement bouquet and boutonnière made by Lilly at Mimosa, every step of the way Alexandra was so helpful and on the day the flowers were stunning we were so happy with how they turned out

Sent on 09/25/2016

Meghan · Married on 08/20/2016

Lilli is the best! We got married in August 2016 at the Green Building in Brooklyn and Lilli made the whole place look amazing. We were referred by friends and after a brief phone call outlining our interests and budget we met his her Crown Heights studio. Lilli had sample arrangements prepared for us and treated us to delicious mimosas :) She had awesome tips on color palettes, seasonal flowers and designs as well as inventive cost saving options. I loved looking at her instagram for some of the cool construction pieces she's done for other events, including suspended chuppahs and ceiling designs. She was incredibly organized, friendly and responsive throughout the process and I would hire her again in a heartbeat.

Sent on 09/20/2016

Jessica · Married on 08/06/2016

Lilli is amazing!! We have used Mimosa for both of our daughter's weddings. One at the end of 2014 and the second one last evening. I cannot describe how stunning Lilli's centerpieces and bouquets were - truly amazing! Both of my daughters had very different styles - Lilli was able to easily adapt her floral creations to give each daughter the wedding of their dreams. I would highly recommend Lilli and her team.

Sent on 08/16/2016

Alison · Married on 06/04/2016

Working with Lilli, the owner and mastermind behind Mimosa Floral was an incredible experience. I would highly highly recommend her and her team to anyone! They are AMAZING!!! They are extremely creative, unique, talented, flexible and hardworking. I met with Lilli after meeting many other florists who didn't understand my less traditional and unique vision for an organic, natural, garden-like feel for my wedding. Lilli was the first florist to not only understand it, but to take it and run with it. She went above and beyond to create the a beautiful atmosphere for our rehearsal dinner inside a restaurant, our church florals and our wedding in a tent on a garden property. She completely nailed the look, feel and vibe we wanted to achieve in each location and the results were better than we could have even imagined. Lilli is fantastic. I hope I can work with her again. Working with Mimosa Floral made that aspect of wedding plan a fun, easy and creative process that me, my mom and my fiancé all looked forward to. I would give her more than 5 stars for a rating if I could!!! She is amazing to work with!

Sent on 06/22/2016

Mimosa-Floral Design Studio's reply:

Wow! Thank you SO much! We had such an amazing time working with you!

Lisa · Married on 05/01/2016

Mimosa Floral is the absolute best!! Our venue, the Liberty Warehouse, recommended Lilli and I'm so glad they did. The floral arrangements were truly amazing & exactly what I dreamed of & more. Plus, Lilli is so nice & easy to work with, she accommodated our budget, which was a concern of ours considering how expensive flowers can be, but I was so impressed by her ideas and her willingness to help us stay on track. When the weather forced our ceremony indoors, Lilli responded fast and designed a beautiful indoor ceremony that I forgot about the bad weather! Our wedding was our dream wedding, and I can thank Mimosa Floral for that. The cherry blossom centerpieces were so beautiful, and the candles/small vases were so romantic. It felt like us! & that's because Lilli took the time to listen to us. She is a true artist & thank you to the whole Mimosa team!

Sent on 06/02/2016

Katie · Married on 04/17/2016

Mimosa floral is around the corner from our apartment, and we regularly see them there late at night, toiling over finishing touches for all kinds of orders. So when SIX florists weren't available for our date, I just walked by and talked to them. Little did I know that there portfolio was perfect for my vision.

They listened to me, asked lots of questions, looked through my pinterest boards, and made some suggestions based on my budget. We decided to do just wedding party flowers since the venue was literally a flower garden. I trusted them to make decisions based on my budget and inspiration and they chose really beautiful, seasonal flowers that were unique, interesting, understated and totally on point! They were cool with letting us pick the flowers up the morning of the wedding and we were off!

I would recommend them over and over!

Sent on 05/12/2016

Susan · Married on 10/02/2015

We called Mimosa at the recommendation of our caterer, Dish, and we were very happy. Lilli was so responsive and helpful and had great ideas. We don't know much about flowers and pricing and she helped us make decisions within a budget that worked for us. We loved the altar arrangement and personal flowers she did for our wedding at 26 Bridge Street. I'd highly recommend working with them.

Sent on 10/18/2015

Raquel · Married on 09/26/2015

Lilli from Mimosa Floral Design is incredible. From her friendly bubbly personality to her incredible talented floral designs and everything else she did for our wedding, my husband and I are so glad we had her as one of our venues. I'd like to think I stayed pretty level headed throughout the planning process and didn't get too crazy about all the details, except the flowers. Lilli was so understanding and patient with me. She not only gave us beautiful table centerpieces, and bouquets and boutonnieres, but she also hung beautiful string lights and made us an incredibly beautiful chalkboard seating chart. She had great reviews, but I will admit I was a little nervous about not being able to seeing her vision and tell whether we were on the same page. (especially because I was a nut and kept changing things and couldn't verbalize exactly what I wanted. I must have sent her a billion pictures but they were all different) I'm so glad I trusted her. I couldn't have asked for anything more perfect, its like she was in my head :).

Anyone would be lucky to have Mimosa Floral Design as part of their special day!

Sent on 10/19/2015

Mimosa-Floral Design Studio's reply:

Hi Raquel!! Thank you SO much for all the kind words! I had such a lovely time working with you on your wedding and am so happy that it all came together just as you'd hoped! Thank you so much for writing this review, I think it will help other brides who are slightly nervous about the whole wedding process. I am so grateful that you trusted Mimosa to fully realize your wedding vision. All the best! xo Lilli

christina · Married on 09/03/2015

Lilli was the mastermind behind my September 3rd wedding at the Foundry in Long Island City. My wedding was GORGEOUS thanks to Lilli and her team. She took my entire vision which often mimicked Pinterest and made it a realty. From the floating candles, flowers, BFA, and the blush sequin tablecloths.
    Lillian sat with me months prior to my wedding and put together a vision board of how she imagined our wedding . Everything came out exactly how I wanted! Lilli is amazing at what she does and I cannot thank her enough. I am so glad Lilli was part of my special day. I cannot thank her team enough for their dedication and hard work .

Sent on 11/02/2015