Milltown Historic District Reviews

66 | New Braunfels, TX

66 Reviews for Milltown Historic District

Jennifer · Married on 03/29/2018

Dont be afraid to call and ask questions! It looked like it was going to rain for our wedding and I was extremely worried because the river venue is GORGEOUS for an outside wedding. I was calling probably 2 times a day the week before the wedding. Vanessa was always extremely nice and assured me if it had to be indoors, there was plenty of space. Luckily the rain stopped the day before and it was perfect for an outdoor ceremony. The bartender through them was great. Brandon was extremely attentive and gave me his cell number for anything I needed through our the day. I was at my hair and make up appointment when my dj came and he needed a few tables so I just texted Brandon and he took care of it! I couldn't have asked for a better location or staff!! The venue is beautiful, you dont have to use many decorations and the natural light that came in for the reception just set an amazing mood.

Abigale · Married on 07/07/2017

Wow! What can I say other than we loved getting married here?? It was such a cozy venue, and so beautiful that you don't even need extravagant decorations to make it a wonderful wedding (even though we did kind of go overboard on the flowers and let me just say... it was magical). We chose the River Venue, which was perfect to accommodate our high guest count. It was also a perfect option if you want an outdoor wedding, but are worried about it raining-- because that's exactly what happened on our wedding day! It started to rain 30 minutes prior to the ceremony, and we were so worried that we were going to have to do the wedding inside (which is totally doable, because the reception venue is a stair-climb away from where the guests are normally seated). Luckily, the rain showed signs of stopping and my wonderfully adventurous husband and family decided "Let's go for it!" The great thing about it was that friends and family who didn't want to risk being caught in the mud and rain just watched the ceremony from the reception hall patio! It was actually quite beautiful and I'm glad it happened that way... the guests that watched from above then threw buckets of rose petals down on us when we kissed and walked back down the aisle, which is like... totally movie-worthy, don't you think? I say the River Venue is the way to go, because they even include the River Cabin, a 16-sleeper cabin, steps away from the venue. It's the perfect place for the after-party, even though my new husband and I were so exhausted after the day we never even made it over there. I heard everyone else had a great time though:) The Bridal/Honeymoon suite is also gorgeous!! It was a truly effortless and wonderful wedding, and I thank the wonderful Milltown ownership and staff for making sure everything ran smoothly up until the day, and for being so flexible with us the entire time through. I highly recommend it to anyone wanting to have a seamless and magical day.

• I

Isabel · Married on 04/29/2017

We loved having our wedding here! We had our reception in The Gallery and our ceremony on the Faust St Bridge. Although I think you can no longer use the bridge, the setting was absolutely beautiful and definitely sold us on the property. If you are having a smaller wedding, you know how hard it is to find a venue that is made for a smaller group of people! The price was really reasonable as well. Stephanie was an absolute breeze to work with, was super responsive to all of my emails and phone calls, and was so sweet on our big day. We couldn't have asked for a better experience! We didn't use any of the in-house services, so I can't speak to those. As a venue though, you can't go wrong with Milltown! All of our guests raved about it too.

• KGdovin

Kristyn · Married on 10/22/2016

I just booked this venue yesterday (The Grande). I have already sent several emails back and forth with Michelle and she is very prompt in responding. So far they have been very flexible with allowing us to provide our own alcohol and security. I also come from a divorced family and they worked with us on splitting the deposit two ways. Its still early in the whole process but I am very confident that we will have a positive relationship. I will say that the people working there (to include Stephanie) were all very down to earth and genuine.

Update- I love Milltown. My wedding was beautiful. Michelle is the bomb, I don't know how many emails she answered over the past year and a half but let me tell you she is prompt. I would absolutely recommend this venue. Also we rented some of the cabins onsite for the night of the wedding. They were so cute and way better than blocking off hotel rooms.

Mary · Married on 01/16/2016

We absolutely loved this venue. My husband and I had our wedding reception in Milltown's river venue. The beautiful wooden windows looking out to the river were absolutely stunning, and we received so many compliments from guests. We worked closely with Silvia who was extremely helpful and professional throughout the planning process. I highly recommend this venue!

Crystal · Married on 11/14/2015

The Gallery was perfect for my small reception. Stephanie was so helpful with all my questions. I did my own decorations and they let me come in the day before to set it all up. The day of they were there to help of I needed anything and stopped by to make sure everything was going smoothly through the night.

We booked the River Venue. We had our ceremony last Friday outside with the river behind us. The night was lovely with the cocktail hour on the porch and reception inside. Many guests were from out of state and were very impressed with the natural beauty of Milltown. The reception hall needs minimal decorating because it's already adorned with cedar and rock. Many compliments on the beautiful venue. I am very happy with our choice to begin the rest of our lives here.

Christa · Married on 10/02/2015

I chose the River Venue and all of my guest are still raving about how IT WAS THE BEST WEDDING LOCATION ANYONE HAD EVER BEEN TO! This place is stunning! It sits on the Guadalupe River, has a view of a waterfall, & The Faust Historic Bridge. If you want a quick tour you can walk on the bridge and see the entire River Venue from up above. (This is also a fun location for the wedding exit!) The view from the bridge will have you wanting a full tour & when this happens ask for STEPHANIE!!! I met her at my first visit here with my family and WE ALL LOVED HER! She is so genuine and sweet and we all truly felt like we had known her forever. I visited numerous other places in the hill country but the natural beauty of this location and hospitality from Stephanie could not be beat. So last Feb. I ended up booking my date for Oct. 2, 2015. I live in Houston and hours from this venue, which could make for stressful planning. Anytime I called or came into town the staff was so accommodating in answering the questions or request that I had. I visited the venue numerous times in those 8 months and several times it was a last minute trip. Stephanie and Tiana happily meet with me every time and I appreciate that till this day. They have weddings there every weekend but they make you feel like you are their only bride anytime you need something. They genuinely enjoy their job and want you to have the wedding of your dreams. For this reason I also highly recommend their in-house florist ( also STEPHANIE) and photographer (TIANA). We all loved these two. I am having to write separate reviews on those services because the space allotted for this review does not allow enough characters for all the good stuff I still have left to share. :)

We used the Grande venue for our reception and our ceremony was at the gazebo. Stephanie and the staff at Milltown did an amazing job to ensure our day was special. They were there the entire wedding to make sure we had everything we needed!

Hannah · Married on 09/12/2015

Stephanie was amazing! Everyone took such great care of us to make sure everything was perfect. We spent a good amount on the venue but we got so much more than other venues offered for the same price. We had a rehearsal space, ceremony location, reception venue and all the cabins slept our huge bridal part for the whole weekend!

They offer multiple venue locations between formal and casual. Most of the venue's are naturally beautiful and do not require alot of decorations. The staff is very friendly, flexible, and great with communication. They also offer private cottages that may be rented for the event, we chose the honeymoon suite so we don't have to travel that evening. I couldn't be more happy with any other venue!

• Shawn

Shawn · Married on 04/25/2015

BEST PLACE EVER for a Wedding! Every single person who came said it is the most beautiful spot EVER! We loved the river view, the log-style building for the reception: so beautiful that we spent very little on deco. The Staff went overboard to make our day Fabulous: they fixed my daisy headdress, checked in with our planners often, and smiled all the time. Let us visit multiple times to plan tables. The Big and Little Houses right next door were completely outfitted and not too expensive--the Wedding Party loved the access! We recommend Milltown Historic District to everyone getting married anywhere near New Braunfels!

Leslie · Married on 12/26/2014

Numerous guests commented on how beautiful this venue was.

Darryl · Married on 10/30/2014

The wedding was, simply put, amazing! My wife and I really enjoyed every aspect of the venue and the wedding. The staff were very accommodating and courteous. Our wedding reception was in the River Venue, and it fit the mood exactly. The weather was perfect for the ceremony, and the view of the river went well with the proceedings.

All in all, I'm very happy with my wedding at Milltown, and I'll be glad to refer any friends who are thinking about getting married!

Krisha · Married on 10/25/2014

We got married at "The Grande" and we could not have asked for a better venue to have our wedding! It was convenient for us and our guests because we held all of our wedding day festivities on the property. For even more convenience, they have cottages for you and your guests to rent for the wedding weekend. We rented one of the cottages for our wedding night so we didn't have far to go after the party was over and it was perfect! Make sure you consider using the in-house services for your event. We used their stationary department and created custom invitations and also used their floral department for wedding flowers and centerpieces. They were all professional and very helpful! We could not have asked for a better team to work with leading up to our wedding and especially on our wedding day! We would highly recommend Milltown to anyone looking for a unique venue with all the services and accommodations to make your wedding weekend perfect!

Sydney · Married on 10/12/2014

Milltown is a great place to have a wedding. We had our wedding at the River Venue on 10/12/2014. Stephanie had been helping us since December 2013. She helped with date availability, flowers, scoping out the place for decoration ideas and even the day of making sure everything was perfect. The team at Milltown is wonderful and they all work together to make sure everything goes just as you have envisioned. My wedding day was perfect thanks to Stephanie, the Milltown team, and Tiana, our photographer, who was recommended by Milltown. The venue is beautiful and accommodated my wedding of 100 guests, a small dance floor and about 10 tables and a few extras for gifts, children’s activity and candy bar. I can’t think of any other place to have my wedding ceremony and reception. Thanks you for all your hard work in making my day perfect!

Sarah · Married on 10/04/2014

The staff at Milltown was very helpful and very accommodating. My mom and I had millions of questions and Michelle away answered them in a timely manner. I would recommend anyone get married there.

Sheila · Married on 06/21/2014

My son got married on 6/7/13 and I cannot say enough about Milltown. This is truly an amazing and beautiful place for a wedding. If you are looking for a gorgeous setting with a rustic feel, this is the place for you! Michelle at Milltown is totally awesome! She is so kind and willing to help to make your day perfect! She takes all the stress away from you on the day of the event. She even promised no rain, and as it was thundering a couple hours before the event, I have to say I had my doubts, but she was right, It did not rain! :) Everyone at Milltown is so nice and courteous and willing to help with whatever you need! I highly recommend Milltown and Michelle and the staff for your next event, whatever it may be!! Thanks Michelle for an awesome day for my sons wedding !!! Your GREAT!!
    Thanks Again for all of your help!!!

Carrie · Married on 05/31/2014

This venue and the staff were GREAT! Highly recommend! We had to upgrade and they were very accommodating and supportive. BOOK IT :)

Valerie · Married on 04/26/2014

My husband and i just got married here at The Gallery venue it was and is perfect for a small wedding we couldn't have asked for a better venue.The staff were great and very helpful with everything especially their wedding coordinator Michelle she was terrific!! I recommend this place 100%!!

Taylor · Married on 03/29/2014

Beautiful venue with many options. ALL of the staff worked hard to make sure everything went smooth for the bridal party and our guests. We had a lovely wedding down by the river and a fun reception in the event hall

Erinn · Married on 03/28/2014

Milltown was all I dreamt it would be! All the staff were always available and helpful but Michelle was the most amazing person to work with. She made us feel at ease during a stressful time and was always available for questions. We stayed in the houses on the property and they worked perfectly for our wedding party!

Jeannie · Married on 11/02/2013

A beautiful venue and wonderful people to work with! My daughter's wedding was 2 days after the river flooded and everything was cleaned up and gorgeous for her big day. Diana worked with us to make sure everything was just as we wanted and Michelle captured my daughter's vision perfectly with flowers. We had several guests comment on the setting, the flowers and the helpfulness of the staff. Our out of town family stayed in the cabins, made the weekend even more special to have close friends and family nearby to share all of the special details with us. This is truly a special gem, you won't be disappointed and the value is exceptional! They truly work to make the bride's special day all that she has imagined and dreamed about. My daughter told me that her wedding was "everything and more" that she wanted -- a tribute to the wonderful folks at Milltown.

Everything about our experience at milltown was amazing. We absolutely adore michelle and her husband tom. from the very first time i met with her all the way until the end of our wedding i felt as though i had a trusted friend by my side. she was very generous and supportive throughout the entire planning process. she and her team provide excellent customer service and constantly work to keep the venue looking beautiful. the venue itself was such a great deal compared to other places we looked, and the cabins next door really enhance the experience. big hugs and thanks from rey and I! Now I'm sad I won't get to visit with you!