Mills Catering Reviews

21 | Indianapolis, IN

21 Reviews for Mills Catering

• Tony

Tony Orr · Married on 06/21/2019

Great food, great people, great experience

Mill's Catering exceeded expectations with their flexibility and willingness to tailor our menu and evening to our liking. The food stole the show and guests are still buzzing about their meals at our wedding! We were incredibly thankful for their professionalism and ability to help set the stage as a business that had experience with our venue. 10/10.

Sent on 07/19/2019

Jessica Walters · Married on 05/25/2019

Delicious food, excellent to work with

Food: The food was delicious. My husband and I were sold at the tasting and our guests commented to us later at how great they thought the food was. They can work with any budget.

Jessie was our point of contact and so easy to work with. I felt he went the extra mile to make details easier for us. The servers day of the event were personable and made the overall experience run so smoothly. I would highly recommend Mills Catering!

Sent on 06/28/2019

Erica · Married on 10/09/2016

Jessie and Mills Catering did a great job with our reception meal. We had two different food stations, one with tacos and one with sliders. Both received SO MANY compliments from our guests. Though the types of foods sound simple, the many variations of meats, toppings etc. provided our guests with satisfaction and fulfilled their hunger.

Jessie did a nice job working with our budget and making adjustments as needed to stick with it. Definitely do a taste test as it sealed the deal for us. We didn't even check out any other caterers after we tasted samples of what our reception food would include. One word of advice is to call Jessie if you need something or have a question that needs to be answered right away. He is much better at replying to a phone call or voicemail than an email. Regardless, Jessie and his staff were very professional and made everything perfect for our reception!

Sent on 10/22/2016

Latrice · Married on 06/25/2015

Mills Catering is the best caterer in the area, period! From the moment I met with Jessie I knew we had the right place and person to manage one of the most important pieces of our wedding! Jessie was extremely knowledgeable, always had suggestions, and was never ever pushy. During our tasting, he made the suggestion to add sauce to the Mediterranean Chicken dish (which was a slam dunk) and was very thoughtful with making sure we loved everything. The food was AMAZING!!!!! It was a huge departure from your typical catered food and it was so good, I asked for a doggie bag! Everyone that I talked to RAVED about the appetizers, salads, and main course! My mother, who lives in Philadelphia, wanted food MAILED to her it was so good. The pricing was phenomenal and the staff who catered our event was nothing short of perfection! The staff, including Jessie, was courteous and genuinely happy to be apart our day. My bridesmaid, who does events for her company, asked for Mills information for events for her company. And another of my bridesmaids asked for information as well. We will definitely refer Mills to any and everyone we know and will figure out a way to use Mills again for a catered event. Run do not walk to Mills for your catering needs! Thanks Jessie, we absolutely adore you :)

Sent on 07/10/2015

SAMANTHA · Married on 11/22/2014

The food was delicious and we got tons of compliments from our guests. Matt was great to work with and followed through on everything we discussed.

Sent on 11/30/2014

Mills catering was beyond amazing to work with every step of the way! The food was amazing, and the on site presentation was beautiful. The staff we worked with took great care to make every detail of our day wonderful and help make sure every part of our vision was satisfied.

Sent on 10/08/2014

Mary · Married on 06/02/2012

Jessie is the best ever!!!!! I had to fire my original caterer 3 months before my June wedding and I had already sent out my invitations with the menu options that we set with our previous caterer. I was freaking out. So I started frantically started calling local caterers. Jessie was the first to respond with heart felt empathy for my dilema. They didn't make the dishes that I had on the invitations but Jessie talked to his manager and chef and they came up with entrees that were very close to what we needed. One dish turned out fantastic and we ended up chosing a second entree that Jesie recomended. We had a few other specail things that we needed done that we had planned out with our previous caterer that Jessie was more than happy to accomedate. I don't know what we would've done with out him and his help. Not to even mention his awesome staff that helped at the wedding. Everyone raved about the food and service. I highly highly recommend Mill's Catering for ANY event.

Sent on 06/10/2012

Beatrice · Married on 07/09/2011

Mills Catering did an excellent job for my reception! I worked with both Matt, the owner, and Jessie. They were flexible and everything was delicious. They even prepared a special vegetarian plate for one of my guests. Great job!

Sent on 07/28/2011

Beth · Married on 07/07/2007

Mills Catering is delicious and has BEAUTIFUL presentation. I have always been impressed by their work at weddings!

Sent on 07/08/2008

Katy · Married on 09/20/2015

We have been working with Jessie and he has been great! He's been extremely insightful with what works well together and the tasting was amazing! It was like having a 5 course meal. The appetizers were my favorite (and my fiances favorite) part of the whole meal. For the price, I don't think you can find anything better in the Indianapolis area. They have a great reputation in the community and a lot of venues recommend them.

Sent on 07/14/2015

Mills catering is awesome! We used them for our rehearsal dinner, our reception, and a brunch. The food was amazing and they take requests if you have any special foods you'd like them to make. The owner, Matt, is very kind and went above and beyond. He even carved an apple into a candle holder to decorate a cider station.

Sent on 11/16/2014

Kathy · Married on 10/25/2014

Jessie and Matt at Mills Catering make an amazing team. The food was delicious, presented beautifully, and plentiful. All our guests kept complimenting us on the food....all we did was order it. Matt and Jessie made it AMAZING!

Sent on 10/30/2014

Erin · Married on 09/07/2013

We worked with Jessie from Mills Catering for our wedding. He was wonderful. Like most brides I had a lot of questions, requests and changes and Jessie did a great job working with us and our budget. He also stepped in and really helped as we had our wedding at the Indianapolis Art Center and our contact was not responsive. Jessie works with the IAC frequently so he was happy to work as a go between to be sure I was getting answers. I really feel Jessie went over and beyond and I highly recommend him and Mills Catering!

Sent on 09/10/2013

Sarah · Married on 05/02/2009

Mills Catering is worth every dime, and the best part about that is that the prices are fair. Plus, three weeks later, my guests are still talking about the excellent food and presentation. There were 180 people there, roughly, and everyone ate a piping hot meal. Matt Mills, the owner and chef, never questioned what we wanted or tried to up-sell us to a higher price point.

In fact, he made even standard dishes like pork roast and au gratin potatoes absolutely fantastic -- with cider reduction sauce and creamy gouda and other cheeses. This is pretty much a metaphor for his customer service standards. We asked for crudite during the cocktail hour, and he set up a tent on the patio, offered his crystal chandelier, and added fruits to the mix for color. We had a buffet and he brought in wood and stone and flowers to make it look like a "feast." These are things we never asked for. He took the initiative. His crew works hard and was there cleaning up until everything was spotless.

I highly recommend his personal and excellent service for Indianapolis brides!

Sent on 05/21/2009

mandi · Married on 06/05/2009

Mills catering did an awesome job catering our event. We opted for a non traditional family style services and Matt pulled it off without a hitch. He was so fun and easy to work with and the quality of the food and service was outstanding. I would highly recommend using him for any event!!!

Sent on 06/30/2009

Melissa · Married on 07/30/2017

We had a great experience with Mill's Catering! When using Laurel Hall as our venue, they were one of the caterers to choose from, so we knew they already had knowledge of what works best there. They were not so "by the book" of "this is what we have to offer," but were open to creating what you desired. We had many selections to choose from! They were one of the lower quotes we received, but their service was excellent! One thing that impressed me was how the servers attended to my husband and I so well. They had us go first for food, and fixed our plates, so we didn't have to worry about spilling on our clothes. Then, they came around multiple times during dinner to check on how we were doing. You'll enjoy using them for your wedding or next event!

Sent on 09/20/2017

3.5

The food at our wedding was delicious! Mills staff went above and beyond on our wedding day by helping out with our special requests. They were a bit slow to respond to questions during planning due to their busy schedule. However, I would still definitely recommend them!

Sent on 09/10/2015

I was extremely satisfied with using Mill's Catering for my wedding! Jessie, the caterer, is so helpful and always helped me with any questions I had. His workers were extremely professional and did such a great job at my wedding. I would recommend Mill's Catering to everyone!!!

Sent on 07/09/2012

Sarah · Married on 03/25/2017

3.5

Matt and his staff did a top notch job for our wedding at Laurel Hall! They really took charge of all the food, drink, and table setup, making the catering part of our wedding planning much easier. We planned this wedding from Arizona, so communication and flexibility were vital! Given how busy these guys are, we really felt well taken care of and never felt like we were forgotten in the mix. The food that they make is phenomenal and our guests couldn't stop talking about how great everything was! They really make sure that everybody leaves full, and they were so accommodating to our requests! Matt and his team far surpassed our expectations and we can't thank them enough for helping to make our wedding perfect!

Sent on 04/09/2017

Laura · Married on 08/06/2016

My guests were raving about the food for weeks after the wedding. Typically a meal is just part of the big day, but Jessie and his team really made the food a highlight and no one walked away hungry. Although sometimes there was a slow response via email - Jessie was always available by phone and very flexible when I had...different/crazy...demands haha! For example I really wanted shrimp and grits as an appetizer option (one of my favorite dishes). However this was not on the menu - Jessie had one of the chefs come up with a recipe and served it at our wedding - everyone loved it and I loved that Jessie cared enough about Troy and I to make that happen. Jessie never ceased to amaze me - he kept everything on time and even helped at the bar so that lines did not get long. He even had his staff deliver some apps to the bridal party during cocktail hour so that we would not miss out on the appetizers. The price point is unbeatable too - the food is high quality without the price to break your budget. From the moment we set up an initial meeting for tasting, to the end of the night with our champagne toast - I had no regrets going with Mills Catering.

Sent on 11/15/2016

Sydney · Married on 05/13/2018

3.6
      2.0
      3.0

Mills Catering was really great to work with, but getting a hold of them was a real struggle. Multiple e-mails or phone calls were required. I also had some problems getting close to the wedding with them critiquing the way I wanted to do things since I had an appetizers reception instead of a meal. Overall, GREAT food, good to work with, just slow at responding.

Sent on 05/26/2018