Millikan Farms Reviews

29 | Sophia, NC

29 Reviews for Millikan Farms

Jessica · Getting married on 08/21/2021

Wonderful place

Great place and wonderful company.

Sent on 09/13/2019

Annastacia Brown · Married on 10/04/2019

Absolutely Loved

We knew from the moment we pulled up that this was where we wanted to get married. The scenery around the barn was the perfect place for our big day!

Everything was very clean, and there were so many lights already set up that it made things so much easier on the day! We were assigned to Laney for all questions and she always answered them very quickly and was extremely helpful with everything we needed to know! Their staff was friendly and kind and was always willing to assist with tips and questions to make sure everything went smooth.

The barn had everything we needed and more! Their price was very reasonable for all that’s included and they were great at accommodating any special needs or requests! I was very pleased with our decision from the very beginning, to the second we pulled off the lot married. This is a breathtaking place!

Sent on 11/08/2019

Kirsten · Married on 08/31/2019

Could not have been more pleased!

This venue was perfect for us! Let us use our own vendors, as well as helped when we needed advice on some. They were very helpful and responsive to questions before the big day and the crew there on the day of was so nice! They even offered to help with getting ubers for our guests! Could not have been more pleased with the venue or the experience! Highly recommend! Also, very affordable!

Sent on 03/07/2020

Kristin · Married on 06/02/2019

Absolute beautiful venue for a very affordable price

This venue helped bring my dream wedding come true; very affordable and flexible with payments and all your wants and needs for your big day. I highly recommend this venue for your wedding or any special day

Sent on 03/14/2020

Millikan Farms's reply:

Kristin, thank you so much for your kind words! We work really hard at making our venue unique and all of our events very special.

Sherie · Married on 04/13/2019

Best Wedding Ever

This venue is perfect. It's so versatile. You can have your wedding and reception all in one and can fit 150 people at one time comfortably inside, outside,by the water, or on the huge covered patio. Chairs and tables were already there and the venue has a room with a large bar area. A huge bridal suite with a private bath was a big benefit. A kitchen area for prep and a ramp for moving equipment from upstairs was so easy. The upstairs is so pretty it really needs very little for decorations. The staff were great and were so helpful! All of my guests loved this place. I would recommend Millikan to anyone I know.

Sent on 03/07/2020

Kelsey · Married on 10/01/2018

Amazinggggg

Absolutely beautiful. & perfect for any wedding!

Sent on 06/14/2020

Brendall · Married on 05/05/2018

Millikan Farms was everything I could have dreamed of. Thank you and Ben and Laney for setting the tone for our wedding. It was a truly a magical day!

Sent on 06/08/2018

Just started looking for a venue for our wedding. This was the first place we visited. The location is BEAUTIFUL!! They have really put a lot of work into the barn and it shows! The owner, Ben, was running late, but his dad was there and showed us around and answered all of our questions. Ben was extremely helpful. We left and called back an hour later to book the location. We absolutely fell in love with the place and cannot wait to show it to all of our friends and family on our big day!

Sent on 09/07/2015

Beautiful place to get married!! Make sure you set up an appointment before looking at the place though!

Sent on 03/16/2017

Lindsay · Married on 11/12/2016

LOVED this venue. The staff was fantastic to work with and they were very accommodating to what we needed/desired out of our day! I would highly recommend booking your weddings here!!

Sent on 09/15/2017

Janay · Married on 10/02/2016

Loved this venue. Ben was easy to work with and flexible with my various request. The barn is absolutely beautiful and I would definitely recommend it to anyone wanting a beautiful, rustic themed wedding

Sent on 08/21/2017

Julie · Married on 09/17/2016

It was amazing! Ben went above and beyond for us and we couldn't be happier with our special day!

Sent on 08/14/2017

Kahei · Married on 07/24/2016

Beautiful venue and very friendly staff!

Sent on 08/14/2017

This venue is absolutely gorgeous all on it's own, but with our added touches our dream wedding came to life. We got rave reviews about how beautiful the barn is and it had plenty of space for everything we needed. We were able to host the rehearsal dinner, ceremony, and reception all in one place and it was all beautiful. Ben (owner) is wonderful to work with. Throughout the planning process he was very quick to respond to any questions or concerns I had and always available when I needed him. Wedding weekend he was there and helped out in any way he could. We needed several last minute items that we're left behind like hammers, scissors, batteries and he came through on every little thing. He even went as far as to go get a Keurig that Friday before and stock the bridesmaids' room up with a huge coffee and creamer selection. He was a refreshing person to work with in an industry that can often not be so flexible and helpful outside of the "contract". I would recommend this place to anyone I knew looking for a beautiful rustic venue!

Sent on 11/09/2015

Porscha · Married on 10/23/2015

Millikan Farms gave me my perfect dream wedding!! I would definitely (and have definitely) recommended Ben to other couples looking for a fairytale venue!!

Tammy · Married on 09/04/2015

This venue was perfect! It had everything you need!! Loved it!
    The briday suite was very spacious - we had eight girls plus the bride and the flower girls and had plenty of room. The owner Ben did all that he could do to make sure we had everything we needed. I would highly recommend this venue.

Sent on 09/21/2016

I could not have asked for a better venue for my wedding day. It is absolutely gorgeous. The venue has multiple options for ceremony locations which is something I loved, and all the locations are beautiful! We chose to have our ceremony upstairs in the loft. It is huge and naturally beautiful. Our wedding day was perfect and I have to think that the main reason it went so well is because of our venue choice. Ben is great to work with and I would recommend Millikan Farms to anyone!

Sent on 08/16/2015

Tova · Married on 05/22/2015

Beautiful location for a wedding! Ben was great to work with. He was very prompt about getting back to me when I had questions and was always willing to work with us when we wanted to come and plan at Millikan. My wedding day was perfect and I would recommend Millikan Farms to anyone looking for a great country setting!!

Sent on 10/22/2015

Molly · Married on 03/21/2015

If you want a beautiful rustic wedding, this is the place!!

Sent on 05/18/2015

Brittany · Married on 08/02/2014

I booked Millikan Farms for my August 2, 2015 wedding. Ben and his team were absolutely amazing and I couldn't have found a more picture perfect venue. The barn and the grounds were amazing and Ben couldn't have been better to work with. He was very flexible and I couldn't speak higher about him. He helped make my wedding day a day to remember for not only me, but for my guest as well.

Sent on 05/21/2015

Millikan Farms's reply:

Thank you for trusting Millikan Farms with the most important day of your life. I do try to be flexible within reason to accommodate the bride, groom and their guests. I am so glad everything turned out the way you wanted it to!

LeAnna · Married on 11/17/2017

Overall we had a great experience with Millikan Farms! There were a couple things we were expecting in our package that we didn’t get, but we would definitely still recommend!

Sent on 12/07/2017

LeAnnah · Married on 08/22/2015

Great venue and provides great communication. Ben was very flexible and responsive to any questions or concerns I had which made the planning process much easier. The venue is absolutely stunning with great indoor/outdoor options.

Donna · Married on 10/23/2016

Beautiful venue! Ben is super nice! We received lots of great comments from our guests . We would recommend to anyone

Sent on 08/22/2017
  • Kayla

Kayla · Married on 06/09/2018

I am honestly in love with this place. I've looked online at tons of venues, but when we went to visit this place yesterday I fell in love. Our guide was Laney, a close friend of the owner. She was wonderful, and took a few hours out of her evening to show us around and answer my myriad of questions. She was friendly with my family, and had tons of great recommendations for vendors in the area. The owner lives right across the street, which gives the place a homey vibe.

About the venue itself:
    The loft is beautiful. The lights and white draping add a beautiful touch and provide a great base for personalization. We plan to have our ceremony in the loft, and the reception under the covered patio and the field. Parking is provided, which is great. Tables and chairs for up to 200 people are also provided.

They offer a friday/sunday price, a saturday price and a two day package. We will most likely be going with the weekend package, which is super exciting for us!

My advice: go see this place. It's a super affordable, and great venue that is super dedicated to catering to the individual. We cannot wait to see our dream wedding happen here.

Sent on 04/04/2017

brittany · Married on 05/30/2015

Ben millikan was so nice, and so helpful. Millikan farms is a beautiful place. So glad I chose this venue for my wedding.

Sent on 10/22/2015