Millennium Hotel Minneapolis Reviews

39 | Minneapolis, MN

39 Reviews for Millennium Hotel Minneapolis

Sara · Married on 12/31/2016

The Millennium staff, especially Tina, was very easy to work with, responsive, and made the planning process go smoothly. We also received several upgrades! Our event was wonderful and guests loved the atmosphere, convenience, and food. The Millennium has connections with many other vendors which made it easy to coordinate. We were thankful that they were willing to show the venue when we had family in town during the planning process. During the reception, someone was always there throughout the event in case we needed anything. Even with spills on the dance floor they were responsive to clean it up! I am very happy with our decision to have our wedding reception at the Millennium!

Sent on 01/13/2017

Amanda · Married on 10/14/2016

Tina was such a pleasure to work with! Very professional, helpful and always responds quickly with great input! Thank you Tina!

Sent on 10/24/2016

Abby · Married on 05/21/2017

We had a wonderful experience with the reception at the Millennium! Mark was over the top and we can not say enough about his ability to personalize, track every detail, and pay attention to us as if we were the only wedding he had to plan! He was very accommodating and flexible to our needs. Renee, Anita, Kira and the rest of the staff were so friendly and sweet to work with. They would do anything for us to make our day special. The venue itself was beautiful and everyone loved the dome views/dance floor as well as the great views of Minneapolis from the dinner area. What a unique and special way to spend a wedding day! Highly recommend!!!!

Sent on 07/02/2018

Colleen · Married on 03/17/2017

I will highly recommend Millennium! It was not an inexpensive experience; therefore, I had to give 4 stars for Value, but it was well worth the money! Tina Armstrong was AMAZING to work with. Her customer service far exceeded our expectations - she is a clear, thorough communicator, always responding immediately to our questions and worked with us to ensure our experience was nothing but perfection. She was awesome on the evening of Rehearsal and the Wedding day and night. She was present throughout the event, always ensuring we had everything we need. Additionally, she didn't leave for the evening until we assured her that we had everything we needed. Tina, as well as those working the front desk, those helping us with bags, boxes, etc. and all staff in the restaurant treated us as VIPs, leaving us to feel safe, secure and well taken care of. This continued through the entire weekend and ended with hugs and well wishes from staff serving our breakfast. Bravo and a million thanks to Millennium staff - you absolutely rock!
    Sincerely,
    Colleen Hegstrom

Sent on 03/22/2017

Kendall · Married on 09/27/2014

I had my reception in the grand ballroom @ the Millennium Hotel. The space was perfect for 300. We were able to have 4 bars which was plenty and there was never a line(3 in foyer, 1 in ballroom). The space was new and the restrooms were close by with plenty of stalls and also very new. My guests said the food was some of the best they have had at a wedding. My only complaint would be how hot it got during dinner service with the doors closed. This will happen at any space with 300 people, but I wished there was better air circulation!. Overall a great place and reasonably priced!

Sent on 10/19/2014

Andrea · Married on 06/23/2018

We had the best time and would do it all again! The food was delicious and the venue was gorgeous. Perfect size for our 130 person wedding.

Sent on 07/02/2018

Kaitlyn · Married on 07/01/2017

The Millennium Hotel Minneapolis was absolutely incredible for our reception needs. We had a great dinner reception downstairs in the Grand Ballroom, and then we had a super fun dance & drinks portion of the night upstairs on the 14th floor overlooking the city in The Millennium Dome. Our guests raved about the experience at The Millennium. Would highly recommend for a Reception Venue.

Sent on 09/27/2017
  • DeeAnn

Deeann · Married on 06/08/2013

Great venue! Love the dome very unique and my guests could not stop talking about how cool it was! Great views of the city. Ceremony and dance in the dome was just awesome....the best ambiance provided by the sky, sunset and skyline. Great staff very helpful and friendly. We had the best wedding and reception it could not have been better!

Sent on 06/25/2013

Allison · Married on 11/13/2010

3.0

We loved this hotel for our reception and everyone commented on the views we had for the night! It was very beautiful and didn't expect it to turn out like it did! The only downfall is the Union workers, so it does not allow you to bring in your own cake/cupcakes without being charged a cutting/handing out fee. Another small thing is the carpet, but when it's dark out and the lights are dimmed you cannot tell, and the dome was covered mostly with the dance floor; but hopefully they get rid of it in the future. Stacy is one awesome coordinator to work with and very friendly!!!! She is one busy lady but she will take the time to help you out or answer your questions as soon as she can, which was very helpful towards the big day when little questions came up about things. Thank you very much Stacy as we couldn't have done this without you. We had a blast!

Sent on 11/16/2010
  • AshleyAnn

Ashley · Married on 07/24/2010

3.0

We had our ceremony, reception, and dance on the 14th floor and we had countless compliments on what a unique, stunning venue this was. Guests were especially impressed with the dome for the ceremony and dancing and the photos turned out great!

Stacy was so nice and great to work with and I believe she tried her best to work with our requests. However, being a large hotel, there were a lot of policies in place that didn't allow us to have everything just the way we wanted it. I would imagine that this happens with many venues and everything turned out beautifully!

Sent on 08/19/2010

Stephanie · Married on 09/17/2016

4.2

make sure to confirm room block numbers - especially if you have lots of guests from out of town. Read the fine print in the contract to ensure you understand all charges. Work with Tina.

Sent on 09/26/2016

Nicole · Married on 11/18/2017

2.0

This venue was beautiful and the staff was super helpful and flexible. Unfortunately I just felt like their prices were too high and they were just nickel and diming you. They wanted:
    o $10 per person per hour and then $5 per person per additional 30 minutes
    - or -
    o $4.50 Hosted/Cash just for soda.

A wedding should be a time to celebrate and bring family together, not taking advantage of the event and taking you for every penny you have.

Sent on 07/21/2017

Katie · Married on 08/30/2016

3.8
      3.5
      3.5

Although I did not use the Millennium hotel for my wedding (I had to change my date) they were very responsive and nice to work with when I was inquiring about the venue.

Sent on 02/20/2017

1.0

Big picture...the venue was beautiful and the day of went pretty smooth. Nitty gritty...this was an extremely stressful vendor to work with. During the year of planning we had to work with 5 different day-of coordinators/contacts (Samatha quit and they fired the replacement) and every time there was a change we had to rehash details that were already in our file. A LOT of items would have fallen through the cracks if I wasn't as OCD and organized as I am. The first thing that should have tipped me off is we were trying to get the contract signed to reserve our date and that e-mail was buried since that was at the time Samatha left the hotel. Problem #2 was that the booking site they use booked out the wedding suite which is part of the package. We went back and forth with them about that situation all year and we found out 2 weeks before the wedding that the suite opened back up. For the trouble we were given the suite the night before complimentary, which I had originally planned on booking anyway for a girls night before the wedding. I stated that I would recommend this vendor only because getting married on the 14th floor in the dome was beautiful, BUT I would advise doing so only with the use of a wedding planner (buffer) or if you are able to do the planning without a stressful full time job.

Sent on 12/18/2015