Millennium Gate Museum and Event Venue Reviews

5 | Atlanta, GA

5 Reviews for Millennium Gate Museum and Event Venue

5 Millennium Gate Museum and Event Venue Reviews

Working with Donna at the Millennium Gate Museum was such a pleasure! She was always very responsive and professional. And she paid attention to the details I requested for my wedding ceremony. With her assistance, the day turned out beautiful and everything went as planned. I couldn't have asked for a better person to assist with my event.

Leah · Married on 04/18/2015

Donna Whitmire was extremely helpful throughout the process of organizing my intimate ceremony. The day was perfect and exactly what I wanted. Everything flowed smoothly and on time. I definitely recommend Millennium Gate Museum & Event Venue for any special occasion!

• W

Wilma · Married on 06/22/2013

Millennium Gate is a perfect place for weeding. The staff are amazing, they're ery helpful, Donna was great with us. I definitely recommend this place, also the pictures come out amazing

C · Married on 06/02/2018

3.8
      2.5
      3.0

This is a gorgeous venue!!! It has plenty of beauty for the perfect pictures and overall ambience for a romantic wedding. However, I wouldn’t recommend this venue for the small elopement type wedding. While this venue host beautiful weddings on a bigger scale, for $500 bucks (their cost for an intimate
    ceremony), you get one hour to exchange vows on the oval lawn or the terrace outside, you can go inside if it rain...chairs...that’s about all. In my research for an elopement rental, I found $500 could get you more at venue such as The Atlanta Botanical Gardens. The coordinator was very flexible with my last minute changes, including a change within 24hrs however, she came off “snappy” in an email where I expressed my feelings of my actual day to her when asked to review. See due to my date change, she wasn’t able to be there but she assured me someone would still be onsite to assist me. That morning, no one was there to greet me, say hello... nothing. She explained in her email that there is only one person onsite and if people are inside the museum, they couldn’t’ leave the museum. However, the gentleman that was there saw me on the camera and knew not to ask me to leave, according to her. Let me put it like this.... the venue sits in Atlantic Station next to a park... if you and your mate decided to get dress, meet at the park, only foots away from the museum, exchange vows and take pictures, honestly the backdrop is still the same, the only difference is, you’re not physically on the museum property and it’s free! I tried to explain this to her from my perspective as the customer however she explained that they enforce nuptials exchanged on their property and large group photography. I didnt even get invited inside the museum however at the end of her snappy email she did wish my husband and I well and offered my family and I to come back to tour the museum for free. PS their preferred photographer Carissa Boles is amazing!! She made my day absolutely amazing!!

Sent on 06/14/2018

Millennium Gate Museum and Event Venue's reply:

We are very sorry that our client felt that she was not completely appreciated and taken care of for her Intimate Ceremony. We do everything we can to accommodate our clients to the best of our ability including date changes. Not only do we not charge for date changes, but just the fact that we accommodate short (1 day) notices is relatively unheard of at other venues. Our policy is to have a staff member present to dedicate their time to the clients contracted time frame. The first date change was logged with no issues on our end. The second date change which was a one day notice, was impossible for us to staff. The client was told that our onsite staff member would be notified that she was onsite but was not guaranteed to be available to her due to other responsibilities. At the time, the client did not care that she would not have my help; she just wanted to come on property to perform the ceremony and take photos. We were very surprised to receive the negative feedback and, of course, we offered to her an opportunity to visit the museum at no cost.

3.6
      3.5
      3.0
      3.5

I did not actually have my reception at the venue, only my ceremony. It is a beautiful place and I'm glad that we chose Millennium Gate! Our wedding planner had some challenges with the staff during our planning phase but thankfully everything was able to be worked out. Overall, we really loved the venue and I'm glad that we chose it for our wedding ceremony.