Milk & Honey Bride Reviews

Milk & Honey Bride 1
Milk & Honey Bride 2

Marci Browning · Getting married on 11/30/2019

Amazing experience!

My sister and I stopped here for my first bridal appointment and I walked away with my dress ordered just about an hour later! The staff was so friendly and fun! The designers they have in stock have BEAUTIFUL gowns!! They took my style and every piece of information I told them and had me try on a bunch of different types of dresses. I have no doubt I picked out my perfect dress.

Sent on 01/30/2019

Sarah J Peggins · Getting married on 08/06/2019

Absolutely perfect!

I cannot believe the absolute incredible experience I had at milk and honey bride in Virginia Beach. Brooke is simply phenomenal. I will be the first to admit, I was so nervous to go dress shopping, I am a very hard fit in clothes. This was my first stop and my dress was the second one I tried on. She just knew! Please, if you are looking for a wedding dress and can make it to milk and honey, go! You will not regret it! Thank you again so much Brooke, you made me feel like I was your only priority that day, gave me a memorable experience and truly found me the dress that was everything I never knew I wanted!

Sent on 04/22/2019

Hailey · Married on 09/30/2018

I went in to get a dress with about 30 days before my wedding. Brooke took my budget and my timeline and I walked out with a beautiful dress the same day. She was so helpful in finding me something that I would have ASAP, not to mention a dress that I loved! The first dress she picked was the one, but also had me try a few more. Her exciting and uplifting energy made the experience so amazing, especially as a picky plus size bride with many insecurities. I would recommend anyone to go there for the best bridal gown shopping experience.

Sent on 08/28/2018
    Milk & Honey Bride 3
    Milk & Honey Bride 4

Candace · Married on 09/15/2018

I had a really wonderful experience at Milk and Honey wedding dress shopping. My consultant was so helpful and friendly and made it a really special, exciting and personal day. She pulled so many dresses I loved and hadn't thought of. All of the gowns were stunning and I left with the most perfect, yet affordable dress. I could not have asked for a better memory in this wedding experience.

Sent on 10/14/2018

Amanda · Married on 05/05/2018

Brooke is AWESOME! She made the process of selecting a dress so incredibly easy and relaxing. She listened to what I wanted and was able to help me select the right dress for my body. We also loved the privacy and intimate setting.

Sent on 02/15/2017

Sandy · Married on 03/10/2018

I'm a size anywhere from 10-16..I wouldn't categorize myself as "plus size", but rather "curvy"...before finding my dress here at Milk&Honey, I went to 3 high end DC bridal stores and (even though I specified my size ahead of time) they only carried size 6-10 floor samples for a lot of the dresses I liked :( It was demoralizing.

I was a little worried that Milk&Honey would be "plus size" quality material dresses, but boy was I wrong. They were stunning. M&H carried a lot of the designers that I liked in DC, but in floor sizes that I could actually try on!!! Also, Brooke is so nice to try dresses on with. She was professional, kind, positive, and patient!

I highly recommend this establishment as your first stop in VaBeach if you're even remotely curvy or plus size and looking for a quality wedding dress.

Sent on 10/11/2017

Heather · Married on 12/09/2017

I came to Milk and Honey bride in search a perfect curvy wedding dress. I was not disappointed! Originally, I came in with my maid of honor to look at dresses as my mom and family live across the country. Right when I walked in the door, Brooke made me feel welcome and comfortable. We tried on several different styles of dresses so that we could narrow down what silhouette and style I was looking for. We finally found something that I loved but I really wanted sleeves. She pulled out lots of options for me to try and when I left that day I felt very good about what options I had. I came back later after she told me she had some new items to try and I absolutely fell in love with my ensemble. I’m fairly indecisive and I did most of my decision making without family or friends so the process took me a few visits. During the whole experience, Brooke was so patient with me and supportive of my needs and wants. She was never pushy and kept my budget in mind while finding dress options.
    I would highly recommend Milk and Honey Bride for ANY bride, curvy, slim, tall, short… any shape or size Brooke can help you find your dream dress!

Sent on 01/15/2018

Tiffanie · Married on 11/11/2017

Where do I begin with Brooke!! This woman knows how to make you feel like a princess, that’s for sure.
    She is so honest and open about what looks good and what doesn’t, she makes it so easy to choose your perfect gown.
    For this store to carry all the sizes that they do, is unbelievable! I seriously can’t thank her enough for finding my dream dress WITH pockets!!

Sent on 11/17/2017

Carolyn · Married on 10/08/2017

Milk and Honey bridal salon is a true gem. Brooke is so helpful, patient, knowledgeable, and friendly. She has amazing dresses by amazing designers and such a great variety! She makes you feel so special and focuses just on YOU. Visiting here is a truly special experience. If you are a plus size bride and nervous about trying on gowns, go see Brooke - she will make you feel and look stunning!

Sent on 02/12/2017

Kaitlyn · Married on 03/26/2017

The owners are so sweet! It was my first time trying on dresses and they made it a great experience. I cannot wait until my wedding dress comes in!

Sent on 04/05/2016
  • Laura

Laura · Married on 03/18/2017

I went in for an accessories appointment and they did a fantastic job! They helped me to decide that I did want to use an heirloom veil and helped me to find the perfect belt to go with my dress! Thank you so much for all of your help!

Sent on 01/02/2017

Tina · Married on 10/21/2016

I don't think words could express how pleased I am with my experience at Milk & Honey. Karen was my stylist and she's such a doll!! I never thought that I would find a dress that really fit my vision in my size and price point but I did at my first appointment. They offer a very personable, intimate experience that I've yet to see at any other bridal salon. I am over the moon about my dress!

Sent on 03/01/2016
  • Jacqui

Jacqui · Married on 10/08/2016

I had a wonderful appointment at Milk & Honey. After going to a larger national chain type of Bridal Store the week before & not having a great experience (no sizes that really fit me, no gowns I had picked out online were actually in the store, crowded, unfriendly staff, etc), Milk & Honey was the breath of fresh air I needed. The boutique is beautiful & welcoming, with ample space for about two appointments to take place at one time - this was so much better than the 20-25 appts that were going on at the previous place I went.

Karen was my consultant & she really knew everything about her store's bridal gown inventory. Her friendly demeanor & knowledge about all the dresses put me at ease immediately. Having so many gowns in stock in a variety of sizes is a huge plus as well. I loved that belts, veils, accessories, lace jackets, etc were introduced at times when Karen thought they would be helpful & would give the already gorgeous gowns I was trying on a little some 'extra'. I ended up purchasing the first gown I tried on (& still dream about it nightly...I'm so in love). Can't wait to wear it on my wedding day! I also returned to the store a couple of weeks later to purchase a veil. Thank you Karen & Milk & Honey for a FANTASTIC wedding gown experience.

Sent on 03/28/2016

Leanna · Married on 06/11/2016

Milk & Honey is the best wedding dress shop in Hampton Roads - hands down. Karen was a joy to work with. She put together my whole look and I felt like I had just stepped out of a fairytale! The whole experience was wonderful. Curvy girls - make Milk & Honey your first stop when wedding dress shopping. You won't regret it!

Sent on 06/16/2016

Natasha · Married on 06/11/2016

Brooke and Karen are a dream! Milk and Honey bridal shop should be every bride's destination. I simply can not say enough about their enthusiasm, professionalism and welcoming vibe. The shop is quaint and adorable as are the two very special proprietors Brooke and Karen. I highly recommend Milk & Honey!

Sent on 09/14/2017

Alexandra · Married on 10/06/2018

I LOVE this store. I fell in love with the fourth dress I tried. I appreciated Brooke's amazing personality and supportiveness while I felt uncomfortable in my own skin. All the samples are available in bigger sizes, which helped me as a plus size woman! I'm so incredibly happy I got my dress from here!

Sent on 03/15/2017

Chloe · Married on 09/02/2018

The worst part of my wedding planning was finding the dress. I can say without any exaggeration that I went to 10 different salons in 5 different cities, from Richmond to Boston, and just could not find what I was looking for. The consultants were almost all overbearing, and nobody seemed to understand how the process could be frustrating or disappointing if you weren't a size 2 looking for the same tablecloth as everyone else. One consultant even insisted on forcing me into a dress so small I ripped an inner seam to shreds. It was humiliating.

Then my mom and I met Brooke. She was so friendly, geniune, honest, and sympathetic. Her store has a great selection, the prices were incredibly reasonable, and she just would not quit until I had the dress that checked off every last box on my list, even ordering in some specially from one of her designers. Her appointments were flexible, her salon was incredibly comfortable and welcoming, and the process was transparent. She picked out the perfect accessory for my dress (she has an incredible eye for wedding jewelry!) and her seamstress was patient, understanding, and very skilled.

As a straight-size girl, I was worried about going to a salon that catered to plus and curvy brides, but it was exactly the experience that I think everyone deserves. Size doesn't matter - service does!

Sent on 09/19/2018

Nadia · Married on 02/25/2017

I really can't say enough good things about this small business. I went to every local shop in the area and was NOT feeling enthused. I'm a bit on the curvy side and was made to feel like a burden at some stores or just not given much attention in other stores due to a limited budget. However, at Milk & Honey they went above and beyond creating a true bridal experience. I felt like I was on a TV show! From a simple touch like having a "Welcome Nadia" sign to giving honest opinions to working with me after some serious personal issues came up.... I just can't say enough about Brooke. Ladies, this is worth the stop. Even if you just check in to see the inventory, you won't be disappointed!

Sent on 01/29/2017

Donna Maria Colby · Married on 10/27/2018

Great until it wasn't

I'm still too upset to go into detail about my experience.
    Thankful for Studio I Do for saving the day! Highly recommend Studio I Do. Buyer beware at Milk and Honey.

Sent on 10/31/2018