Milestone Images Reviews

Milestone Images 7
  • Diane

Diane Martins · Married on 06/04/2019

Book angie!

Angie was absolutely amazing before, during, and after our wedding day! From the moment we met with her at her home studio, we knew we found our wedding photographer! I am not someone who enjoys having my photos taken and I don't like staged photos much - I was smiling the whole time working with Angie and have been so excited looking at our photos! About a week or so before our wedding we had a follow-up phone consult to make sure we were on the same page (we had booked her almost 2 years ahead!). Angie was on time and ready to go, didn't freak out when my bridesmaids and I were 30 minutes late, and was able to capture the photos we had requested. She kept track of time, but didn't make us feel rushed. Angie took so many candids that we didn't even know were happening, and caught many little moments including me dancing with certain family members, us hugging guests hello and goodbye, and little cousins dancing! Even my cousin who was breakdancing has an amazing photo of him. We've been to weddings where the photographers have told guests, "do that again so I can take a picture" and this did not happen with Angie. She made us smile, was able to group over 100 guests for a photo of everyone as we requested, and had our guests smiling throughout the day.

We received 25 edited images the SAME DAY of our wedding, and 90 within a week. About 2 weeks later, we received over 300 photos! Can't wait to see the rest!! We 10000%, hands down, recommend Angie and will definitely go to her for any photography needs in the future!

Sent on 04/27/2019
  • Diane

Diane · Married on 09/08/2018

Perfection!

Hiring Angie to capture our wedding memories was absolutely the smartest choice we made. You won't find a more professional, responsive, patient, and talented wedding photographer. And she's funny and kind, too! Angie's been in the business for long enough to anticipate every question and need. She helped talk me through elements of planning I hadn't even though of (not planning a receiving line after the recessional? what instead?). And Day Of, she was equipped for every emergency (mystery stain on the bosom of my dress 5 minutes before the ceremony? No problem; Tide Stick in the camera bag to the rescue! Dress getting a little too revealing at the bust? Fashion tape at the ready to keep the girls in place!)

You will be THRILLED with Angie's turnaround time. As a member of several Facebook wedding groups, I've seen by comparison how her timely photo deliveries blow away the competition. I had dozens of photos already edited and online while my wedding-date-twins were still longing for even a sneak peek several weeks later. In fact, Angie provided over a dozen Instagram photos the very same night as our reception! I was gawking at them before I even went to bed that night. Every couple Angie shoots gets a writeup in her blog (here's ours: http://www.milestoneimages.us/blog/congrats-diane-leo-grand-isle-wedding-photographer/). I had the joy of reading her post about our wedding less than one week after the fact, which included another 97 photos I had not yet seen, plus her thoughtful and personal observations and reflections of our day (I especially loved reading that!). In less than one month from our wedding, I had EVERY edited photo she had promised, on a thumb drive in-hand, after receiving a link by which I could download and share them even earlier. This surpasses by leaps and bounds any other photographer I've encountered (or heard about from other couples).

Angie's vision and artistry is unparalleled. Her art direction is fantastic. She has a way of arranging people in just the right way to get all the perfect shots you've requested, and manages to do it in a way that's fun and engaging. My guests found her entirely charming, and to a person, came to me throughout the evening to say what a fabulous job she was doing and how delightful they found her.

And the most important part: Angie's photography is amazing. Our formal portraits are flawless and creative. Angie's candid portraits captured not only the quiet and unexpected moments throughout our day, but even the unique charm of each loved one's personality during their naturally unguarded moments. I really loved the experiencing her art direction during our private bride and groom portraits. The shoot itself was more romantic than I even could have expected, and the photos reflect it so beautifully.

I have gotten so many compliments on all of our photos (people have been really wowed at just how great they are!), and on Angie personally, that I cannot recommend her strongly enough. She rolled with the punches (traveled several hours to our venue - totally worth it for all involved!), and was VERY flexible on our package, logistics, and unexpected turns of events, all while managing to keep us on our desired schedule, with a smile. She nailed it, and I am so relieved that my biggest "Must Have Thing" (spectacular photography) was even more perfect than I ever could have hoped.

Don't hesitate. Hiring Milestone Images will be the smartest wedding move you make!

Sent on 10/30/2018
    Milestone Images 8
    Milestone Images 9
    Milestone Images 10
    Milestone Images 11
    Milestone Images 12
    Milestone Images 13

Lia · Married on 09/02/2018

My husband and I decided to plan a full blown wedding in 2 months. We figured after 6 years and a 4 year old daughter, it was time, why wait? I found Angie and right away was super excited to work with her. She was so full of knowledge and excitement. From start to finish the process was flawless. She created a well thought out plan for the day of our wedding to ensure beautiful formal portraits with our big family, and continued to get awesome shots through out the night. I never had to worry about a missed photo opportunity because Angie was there every time I turned around capturing the most special moments. She even had some sneak peeks ready for us an hour after the wedding! The final edited pictures came back to us in less than a month, we are so pleased and can’t wait to share with our loved ones!

Sent on 10/02/2018

Laura C · Married on 07/21/2018

Fantastic Experience

I was recommended Milestone Images by a family member who hired Angie for her own wedding and it was by far the best recommendation I've ever received. Angie is incredibly talented and manages to coordinate family and friends on an already hectic day with ease and professionalism. Her ability to capture a range of emotions from formal large family-style portraits to small small shots of smiles and laughter in the far corners of a event speak volumes to her expertise as a storyteller and artist.

Sent on 11/18/2018

Angelique · Married on 05/26/2018

Angie with Milestone Images was amazing from start to finish! She is extremely talented and professional! My wedding photos are amazing, and I would absolutely recommend Milestone Images!!

Sent on 08/31/2018
    Milestone Images 14

Nichole · Married on 04/28/2018

Where do i start! Working with Angie and Milestone Images was the best decision my husband and I made. Not only are the pictures absolutely beautiful, but Angie captured so many special moments throughout our rehearsal and wedding day. Working with her was seamless and easy. She was very detailed and made sure she covered all the important shots that we wanted. I highly recommend Angie and Milestone Images for your wedding and engagement photos, and really any other event where you want to work with someone who is talented, fun and awesome! Thanks Angie, for capturing our memorable moments!

Sent on 08/31/2018

Ariana · Married on 07/22/2017

One of the key things I looked for when I was scrolling through the very long and daunting list of photography options in the NY/NJ area was someone who would "get us" and would want to be as creative with our admittedly out of the box wedding as we wanted to be. It goes without saying that we also wanted someone who was flexible, responsive to our (mostly my) millions of questions and who we could count on to be there on time and ready to join us for the craziness that would be "our special day".
    Angie at Milestone Images was exactly all that.
    And more!
    Angie worked with us to learn more about who we are, what we wanted for our photos, what I saw on Pinterest that I needed to replicate, and what was most important to us.
    On our wedding day Angie had her cameras ready and started taking photos from literally the moment she took her first step into my bridal suite. She took time to get to know the bridal party too so we all immediately felt super comfortable working with her.
    Angie at Milestone Images never missed a beat and captured every moment.
    The rest of our day included photos on a horse racing track, a rooftop ceremony, and a nightclub reception for our guests who party hard and have huge personalities --we were a tall order!
    Angie didn't flinch; she even found the right angle so I still looked nice when I was smiling through the pain of my 4 inch heels.
    I'm so thrilled we could work with Angie and Milestone Images for our wedding!
    Thanks Angie!

Sent on 09/05/2018

Karen · Married on 07/23/2016

Angie did an awesome job for our daughter's wedding. She was very professional and creative in her approach to taking pictures. Angie got to know them as a couple and some of the engagement pictures before the wedding look like picture postcards. She tailored shots around their interests and got so many candid moments as opposed to posed pictures at the wedding that I feel like I can relive it all over again!

Sent on 08/13/2016

Ashley · Married on 07/23/2016

Angie Gaul of Milestone Images came to our knowledge through a friend's recommendation, and thankfully, we selected her to photograph our own wedding. She takes beautiful images with a photo journalism style, capturing moments organically while highlighting aesthetic angles. Her demeanor and expertise also calmed my nerves as a bride who was overwhelmed once or twice on the day, and she saved me from a near veil fiasco. Angie also had great compassion for all the stuff that's important about a wedding day regarding family and interpersonal relationships. She was a tremendous asset and we love our engagement and wedding photo albums, which came to us with great professionalism, high quality, and impressive value. We highly recommend her services.

Sent on 08/02/2017

I am true believer in love at first site - and I fell in love with Angie the minute she said hello. When planning a wedding you have to work with dozens of people, you meet all different types of vendors and business owners, but no one will ever come close to Angie Gaul. From the minute we met until she hugged me goodbye the night of my wedding she was nothing but amazing. Always responsive (which is surprisingly not the case with everyone), kind, ENERGETIC, and professional. Angie had answers to all of my questions before I even had the chance to ask. She never made me feel like a crazy bride. She always made me feel like I was the only bride in the world and she had all the time in the world to work with me (Although I know she's crazy busy working and being a great mom). When the big day comes you realize how important an amazing photographer is - everything revolves around your pictures, when things start, finish, where they are, who needs to be there - all works around your photographer. She was my photographer-stand-in-wedding-planner for the day, and I could not imagine anyone else doing it. I planned the whole day (with help from my amazing family, friends, and husband) and there are only a few people who I would let control that day - and I would let her do it a million times over. My bridal party was amazed at how well she handled a group of semi-buzzed millennials. She never yelled - always made us laughed - and directed us in a way I have never seen. Did I mention her pictures are amazing?? Her eye for this is beyond words. Everyone is still raving about her photographs. She has no problem doing funny poses that only make sense to the bride and groom - she will be the first to stop the group and say "Stop don't move I have an idea" and in 5 seconds everyone understands her vision, and she can make anyone feel and look beautiful in 5 seconds. Did I mention her assistant Tom is kick ass too? Sometimes you go to a wedding and all you see if camera lenses. Y

Sent on 06/16/2016

Angie Gaul was a pleasure to work with and her photographs are fabulous

Sent on 11/03/2015

Kristen · Married on 05/24/2015

When I started emailing photographers after getting engaged, the first line was always, "We're in kind of an odd situation: we're having a Cambodian wedding and an American wedding..." Angie replied almost immediately and had already started doing research on Cambodian wedding ceremonies and their traditions! When my husband and I met with her, she was uber prepared, answered questions before we even knew we had them, and was still incredibly friendly. After booking and then throughout the year, she kept in touch with us and even helped me come up with what my mom calls a "military precision" wedding day schedule that worked beautifully.
    The Cambodian ceremonies were chaotic --- there was something going on in every room of the house and at least half of the people there, including Angie, had never participated in a Cambodian wedding before. She handled everything and everyone, from a very pregnant sister-in-law to a pushy aunt, so gracefully, especially when everything went into overtime due to ceremonies that were added without us knowing and drunk musicians. The American wedding was a lot calmer but the day was still long. However, she and a second shooter stayed with us until the end and made sure there were the standard family photos along with more creative and candid shots. I've been at weddings where photographers were pushy and this was absolutely not the case. She basically became part of the family, and I think all of our siblings, parents, and some other relatives and friends all started following her on Facebook that weekend!
    Angie took a record-breaking amount of pictures that weekend and according to everyone's compliments, they completely catch the beauty and joy of our weddings. My husband keeps saying, "I'm happy we found her," every time something new comes up, and I totally agree. And now I'm out of room, so thank you Milestone Images! We love you!

Sent on 07/21/2015

My husband and I just loved working with Angie! We recommend her heartily. The whole experience, even from the first email, was wonderful.

Her portfolio online first drew us to her, and we were instantly at ease the first time we met her--Angie is a lovely person, she's so warm, funny, and enthusiastic! The day of the wedding she was a fantastic presence, subtle and discreet during our ceremony, then super efficient, fun, and full of ideas with our group portraits. At the reception she snapped so many priceless action shots from the dance party!

She has an amazing eye, both as a photojournalist (she caught some stunning and emotional reaction shots during the ceremony) and as an artist (she came up with such great ideas for the wedding party photos!). We received an amazing sneak peek of photos super quick, while we were on honeymoon! We then received the full set of photos right on time, on the agreed upon deadline, as promised.

And we treasure these pictures--she captured the day in such a special way, moment to moment, and these photos really tell the story beautifully. Her blog is also a great read--you can see how much care she takes in getting to know each couple to help her capture their story so well! She was also super professional, quick to respond to any of our questions, and her references told such wonderful stories about working with her. We really were over-the-moon with our luck with working with Angie.

Sent on 07/27/2015

We just received all of our photos and we are so, so happy. Everything came out beautifully and Angie brought out all the joy of the day. The portraits, the city shots, and the details are especially great. It was a complete pleasure working with her from day 1, through our engagement session and managing the big day itself. We would completely recommend Milestone Images for creative, documentary, and all-around wonderful wedding photography.

Sent on 10/24/2014

Krysta · Married on 05/25/2014

We provided separate videography services for a wedding photographed by Angie. She was fun, excited, professional and her bubbly personality lasted throughout the day. Upon reviewing her images after the wedding, we were highly impressed with her photographic skill and artistic eye. From one vendor to another, she was great to work with and I know that both brides loved her work and personality as well.

Sent on 07/03/2014
  • User4198275 · 2+ years ago

There is no way that a paragraph could ever capture our amazing experience with Angie and Milestone Images. I stumbled upon Angie's work about 8 months before our wedding and immediately fell in love with her photo journalistic style and the quality of the reviews on this website from her past customers. From the moment we first spoke, Angie treated me like a queen - she drove all the way to my office on Wall Street to show me her albums and discuss her work, delivered a beautiful welcome packet to our apartment, and was extremely accommodating with our payment plan. Each time I had a question (and I'm the queen of organizing so I had a LOT of questions!) Angie answered without missing a detail. Following practically every communication I said to my husband how happy and lucky I felt to be working with someone who just 'got me' so well. When Angie arrived at our wedding venue (after driving for two hours!) she immediately took charge of our large, complex, diverse families and friends and made things happen in a kind, professional, efficient way. It was fascinating to see everything come together - one of my favorite moments was at the end of our wedding when Angie took one last picture and high fived me to let me know she had successfully documented every "grouping" of people I had previously listed - though I had told her that it would be virtually impossible to track everyone down at our 250 person wedding. In sum, Angie's work ethic is incredible - before, during, and after the event - and I would highly, highly recommend her to anyone. She gets people and will definitely get you!

Sent on 06/24/2014

Angie = AMAZING

Coming from out of the country to get married in NYC on a shoe-string budget was super stressful, but Angie assured us that it was going to be fantastic, and it totally was!

We booked far in advance of our date & exchanged many emails along the way. Angie wanted to make sure that she knew what we were looking for with regards to photos & really wanted to get a feel for our non-traditional wedding style. We connected on the phone a few weeks before the big day to sort out the final list of important shots & she -- again -- put our minds at ease about the weather, timing, & fitting everything we were wanting into our short session.

THE BIG DAY: Sunshine and blue skies, which I totally attribute to Angie, because she promised them. :) We hopped in a cab and Angie played tour guide, pointing out the hidden gem eateries and shops in buildings we passed by; totally taking my mind off the stress of "I'm stuck in traffic on my way to get married!"

During the ceremony in Central Rock, my groom & I didn't even notice Angie running around us, taking photos from all angles (which was amazing because she also didn't appear in any of our guests photos. I think she's magic). Immediately following, she was awesome about helping us breeze through some posed shots and then head off for candids in the park.

We had our first peek at pics in less than 24 hours and the first edited photos online in less than a week. (Bear in mind, we only had an hour session, I'm sure a full day would have a longer turn-around.) My folks couldn't make it to the wedding, so to be able to send them a peek of the day before we were even home from the trip was amazing. My mom called me long-distance and cried. :)

If you are in the NY area (or are coming in to get hitched,) and are looking for an actually affordable, totally relaxed, completely professional photographer, this is who you need to hire. We are so glad we did!

Sent on 04/12/2015

Angie was one of the best, if not the best, decisions we made regarding the wedding. She is wonderful, kind, empathetic, hilarious, and also a kickass photographer. She was willing to romp all over a museum for our engagement photos, able to step up temporarily for the first dance, seemingly capable of being in sixteen places at once, and given some of the shots taken, I'm pretty sure she's also a ninja. (I have to give a shout-out to our second shooter too, who was very nice and whose pictures deserve as many kudos!) Our photos are beautiful-- they are full of the light and love that were the best parts of our wedding. She was insanely prepared, calm and patient at all times, and just a great person.

Sent on 04/12/2015

Heather · Married on 01/11/2014

Angie from Milestone Images was our photographer for our 1//11/14 wedding, and I absolutely cannot say enough positive things about her. Our pictures were absolutely stunning- everyone loves them. But so you can understand just how amazing she is, let me give you some backstory.
    We were hoping for cold, sunny, or a little snow on our wedding day- and out of an entire long, snowy winter that nearly crippled the NYC metro area, we got the one 60 degree day, and it rained BUCKETS. The outdoor pictures that we had hoped to do were nixed, but Angie came up with a few great ideas for indoor pics that are really fun, and capture our wedding party pretty much perfectly! The light she had to work with (or rather, complete lack of light in the church, which is a dark church to begin with made darker by the dreary weather) was abysmal. And yet, she made the best of what she had and got amazing photos.
    On the professional side, I have never worked with someone better. She listened to what I was saying and did exactly what I wanted her to do. She was polite yet firm during the portrait session, and got us, our immediate families, and our bridal party in and out of there in under an hour. During the ceremony, cocktail hour, and reception she was completely unobtrusive, and got great shot after great shot. Also (I feel this needs to be said) she handled my completely insane family politely and beautifully, which is REALLY saying something. They're still raving about what an excellent photographer I had.
    We did the eight hour package, and at the end of the day we've got 1200+ edited, professional photos of our day, not including the engagement session, which is included. The value of this package is immense. You get so much more than what you pay for. Hiring Angie of Milestone Images was the best wedding decision we made, hands down.

Sent on 04/04/2014

Alyssa · Married on 12/14/2013

Angie was fantastic! Not only were her photos beautiful but she was wonderful to work with and really listened to my thoughts. Would definitely recommend her to anyone and would book again!!

Sent on 03/19/2014

Alissa · Married on 10/13/2013

I have to say we are so lucky to have found Angie! We just fell in love with her work from the moment we started researching photographers for our big day. She has such a creative eye, her pictures are one of a kind and she listens to what you want. Angie is not only professional but very personable. She shared her experiences and made us feel so comfortable. We booked Angie about 8 months before our wedding and Angie wanted to know right away how we met, how he proposed and what we envision for our wedding. We would email back and forth at least once a week and we would get a response in the matter of hours. (and when your a bride, that's REALLY important.) When it came time for the wedding Angie showed up early and scoped out all the photo spots we had talked to her about. She made sure she photographed everything we wanted and more. She was very patient with the bridal party and the 2 1/2 yr old flower girl as it could get stressful. :)

It took about a day or two to get our highlight video and beautiful blog post of our wedding day. Angie edits the photos beautifully and gets everything detail which was very important! We have been married for a little over a month and we already received all our photos. Talk about great service!

We would recommend everyone to Angie. We couldn't be happier with our experience with her and our photos!

Thank you!
    Alissa and Jason

Sent on 11/17/2013

Lauren · Married on 10/02/2013

Angie is amazing! She takes absolutely gorgeous photos and is willing to work with you in terms of style etc. I had a pinterest account where I had photos that I liked and wanted to recreate- Angie was more than happy to work with us to get those done and they came out great! She also took the opportunity when she saw them to try out poses and arrangements that she knew would look great. The results were fantastic! After only a week (give or take) she had posted a "sneak peek" on her blog of over 60 pictures which she linked to Facebook so everyone could see them. Then a couple weeks later, we got a slideshow emailed to us as well! Everyone that has seen the pictures has commented on how wonderful they are and how talented she is! She is also very flexible with her packages and was willing to work with us to find what we needed within our budget.

Sent on 11/02/2013

Brendan · Married on 08/17/2013

From our first inquiries to the day itself, Angie was nothing short of spectacular. She did more than exceed expectations, she left them in the dust. As a photographer, Angie's attention to detail was particularly notable, and we loved how she was able to take candids, editorial, and traditional/posed photos with the same exceptional skill. We were routinely impressed by her candor and professionalism, but what sets Angie apart is her heart and spirit. Angie understands that love comes in all forms, from folks that might not be comfortable in front of the camera to those that can't wait to take another picture. Furthermore, Angie's skill in capturing the details of the event (we hired her for an engagement session, the rehearsal dinner, and the wedding itself) have made our day(s) linger in the mind long after they're over. We cannot recommend her and Milestone Images enough. Should we need a photographer again, Milestone will be our first phone call.

Sent on 09/25/2013

Breault · event on 08/12/2013

I can't write enough great things about Angie at Milestone Images. She is amazing to work with. She is professional, personable, and her work is superb. Angie called me back right away when I inquired about having a video/photos done for my business. She spoke to me on the phone for an hour covering all details and what I had in mind for my video shoot. She was a breath of fresh air, literally reading my mind at times and was so positive and upbeat, I knew I wanted to work with her immediately. Angie was flexible with her time and was even willing to travel. She far exceeded my expectations and went above an beyond what was asked of her, she is worth every penny that she charges. The best thing about Angie at Milestone Images is that she is passionate about her work and loves what she does and that comes through in the photographs and videos that she takes and produces. I can't wait to work with Angie again... She gets more than 5 stars in each category from me... she's a 10 across the board.

Sent on 09/09/2013

Angie was a delightful addition to our weeding party. She made everyone feel at ease, and captured far more than just images of the day ... she captured our story.

Sent on 09/06/2013