Mike Zhu Films Reviews

1 User photo

Mike Zhu Films 1

Lissa D · Married on 03/08/2019

Excellent cinematographer!

We hired Mike Zhu as our wedding cinematographer and he is amazing! He is very kind and professional, communication was easy and he is very responsive throughout the process. During our wedding, he really was like a ninja and not obtrusive at all. He sent us the teaser video in less than a week after our wedding day and the video was so beautiful that we’ve watched it so many times already! We wanted to choose our own song; he guided us in choosing and sent us playlists to choose from. We are very particular as to how we wanted our video to be like and he listened to all our wants in the video. Can’t wait for our other videos to come out and I’m sure they will all be simply amazing! We definitely recommend Mike and his top-notch skill!

Sent on 03/24/2019

Erica · Married on 10/20/2018

Best Videographer!

From the start of the process, Mike really took the time to get to know us and catered to our every wish. He is extremely pleasant to work with and made us feel very comfortable on the big day. He got along well with our photographer (he could get along with anyone!) and was present but not too intrusive! There really are no words to describe Mike's talent and ability to capture such a big day in such a beautiful way.

Mike kept us up-to-date on the progress of our trailer and our feature film. When we got our trailer, there were several edits we wanted made. Mike promptly made changes, without a hassle and gave us exactly what we wanted! He was extremely flexible and accommodating to make sure we got exactly what we wanted! We are so pleased with Mike’s ability to capture our wedding day perfectly in ~3 minutes!

Sent on 04/11/2019

Beth · Married on 08/25/2018

I work in video production so I was curious what it would be like finding a videographer I felt confident in (I didn't want to use any co-workers/friends) Mike was an absolute joy to work with both before, during and after our wedding. He worked within our budget and met all of our wants and needs and was accommodating on all levels. His passion and professionalism did not go unnoticed and I would recommend him to anyone.

Sent on 09/10/2018

David · Married on 06/16/2018

One of the best wedding investments

Finding a videographer for your wedding in NYC is no easy task let alone an affordable option. After months of sorting through various companies that had multiple package options we stumbled upon Mike's Page via wedding wire and boy are we thankful we did. Mike's approach of story telling and documentary style drew us in at first glance and soon we would meet the one of our most responsive and coordinated vendors of our wedding. From our initial informational meet up to the many emails that we would correspond with -Mike was a true professional. Fast forward to the day off and Mike was spectacular for our needs - we are generally camera shy and did not want extensive time slots for photographers and videographers in our timeline especially as it was a morning wedding. Mike and his team work magic behind the scenes and communicated really well with our photographers to capture scenes seamlessly. He was always punctual with update emails and deadlines. We love love love our trailer and film. We can’t say enough about the experience and it was worth every penny to have a beautifully created story to reflect and relive the little moments that passed us by so quick that day. We highly recommend Mike! Thank you for creating our forever memories

Sent on 11/05/2018

amanda · Married on 05/06/2018

I would give Mike more than 5 stars if I could!!!!! Our wedding video was beyond perfect and more than we could have asked for. Mike is responsive and very attentive to his clients’ needs. We told him at the outset we would want funnier moments included in our video and he truly delivered. We just viewed our video and were all blown away!!! The quality of our video is also fantastic and surpasses others I saw while shopping around for a videographer. All I can say is I recommend Mike without any hesistation, and he will bring artistry and heart to your wedding video!!!

Sent on 08/04/2018

Amanda · Married on 06/10/2017

I highly recommend Mike as your wedding videographer. Through the planning process Mike was so easy to get in touch with and took his time speaking with us. He really got to know us and what was important to us. On our Wedding day Mike and Daphne were very professional and fun to work with! They captured everything we could imagine, plus more! Mike produced a unique and beautiful video through the angles he chose, the music he paired, and an awesome drone for overhead shots! My husband and I love watching our video and get to relive our day every day because of Mike and his team. Thank you!!!

Sent on 03/07/2018
  • U

Uria · Married on 05/06/2017

All of Mike's videos should be enough reason to book him, but if you need an honest review to help you decide, here it goes. I think it speaks volumes that once I was engaged, the first step I took in planning my wedding was reserving Mike as our videographer. Before I even finalized on my wedding date and venue, before I got a dress, a DJ, a photographer, and all the other wedding essentials, I felt compelled to hire and lock down Mike first...and he delivered beyond expectations. Mike is a man driven by his passions and this is apparent through his creations. Mike is such an easy-going character that it makes it so natural for you to be yourself and let him capture those moments. There is no reason to rehearse or act it out, as he masterfully constructs beautiful perfect moments and has an eye for capturing the perfect visuals. You are not just getting a typical video, you're paying for a work of art. Cinematography is a form of art and Mike is truly a skilled artist. My husband and I are so thankful to Mike and his team for being with us on our wedding day! He is simply the best!

Sent on 09/30/2017
    Mike Zhu Films 2

Lorraine · Married on 04/08/2017

We booked with Mike Zhu Films for our April 2017 wedding and could not be happier with that decision. I found him on Wedding Wire while looking for a videographer with a cinematic style and was instantly drawn to his work. From the day I contacted him, Mike was very responsive and answered all of my questions, while never being pushy. He is very personable and has years of experience shooting weddings. He was available to meet in person to discuss details and go over the schedule for the day-of; and he also was in contact with the maitre d', which was very helpful. Mike and his regular assistant, Lance, arrived earlier than scheduled at our venue with all of their gear and jumped straight into action. I appreciate that he looks to capture genuine moments and emotions and did not ask us to re-do anything. I had mentioned to Mike in our meeting at a local cafe that family is very important to us and I noticed that he made sure to be extra attentive with capturing those special moments before and during the wedding.

We received the link for our trailer less than a month after the wedding and were pleased to see that it was very professionally shot and edited. Mike made sure to match the song he chose to different parts in our vows and to the different scenes he shot at our wedding. There were so many small and personal moments that we didn’t even realize were captured, because Mike and Lance made sure to stay in the background. Watching the trailer and seeing how seamlessly Mike wove the day together into a story brought us right back to the day of our wedding. This guy is an editing genius! I have already recommended Mike to all of our recently engaged friends and look forward to seeing him again. Book with Mike Zhu Films, he has 5 stars for a reason!

Sent on 07/19/2017

dianna · Married on 10/29/2016

Mike is an SOOOOO talented, affordable, super nice to work with, and worth every penny.My husband didn't really want to hire a videographer, but AFTER a month of convincing and actually meeting Mike, he agreed. Now he's so happy we hired Mike! .We've only seen the highlight video and i CRIED, it's amazing... we can't wait to see the full video. After spending the Weekend with Us in St.Maarten (Destination wedding) he`s like Family.
    I highly recommend Mike.

Sent on 11/29/2016

Victoria · Married on 09/10/2016

Mike and his team are an absolute pleasure to work with! This was the best decision we made for the wedding! He is professional, responsive, not intrusive on the dance floor, and truly captured all the best moments. We were SO happy and I've been recommending him non stop!

Sent on 03/09/2017

Just received our wedding trailer and I can’t stop crying! It was absolutely beautiful, Mike is incredibly talented, our video is truly a work of art. I posted the trailer on my social media accounts, and I'm getting tons of messages and calls from friends, family and even strangers raving about how beautiful and touching it was. And many have stated that they didn’t even notice I had videographer, Mike and his assistant moved seamlessly throughout the day. My husband and I are so grateful for Mike, we get to relive our wedding day for the rest of our lives.

Sent on 09/16/2016

Rebecca · Married on 07/10/2016

There is no question that Mike will go above and beyond to capture the essence of your wedding. He definitely listened to what we wanted and used his talents to tell our love story. Mike and Lance (his partner) were very professional and they were also great company while we got ready. My husband and I are very pleased with the quality of Mike's work and now we can re-live our wedding day whenever we want. Thank you Mike!

Sent on 08/18/2016

Genaro · Married on 11/06/2015

He was great to work with. Amazing quality and very precise. From the moment we contacted him, getting us pricing, contracts and receipts, obtaining information about the day and venue, to filming our big day and getting us all of the final product, everything was smooth and professional. He and his partner made us feel comfortable and they were easy to work with. Watching the trailer, and all of the footage reminded me of what i was feeling the day of my wedding and i feel it was because of how they captured and put together our video.

Sent on 03/15/2016

Stephanie · Married on 10/09/2015

I am long due for my review! We received our trailer and was so touched by the wonderful job that Mike & and his team created. I always say that anyone can make a video, but it takes a talented cinematographer to put together a story. Our video gave us the exact same feeling as if we were re-living that day, all over again. The emotions that were captured on video still takes our breath away, even after watching it 389 times (but who's counting)! :)My husband found Zhuproductions here on wedding wire.I always dreamed of a music video style wedding video (think 98 degrees' I DO MV) and so we kept arguing over which one we should do. Anyway, we had the first meeting with Mike over coffee and it was a pretty good first meeting. It was like we were good friends chatting and we instantly felt very comfortable with Mike. The vendor and client connection is very important, It will make or break your decision. We've had our share of awkward/pushy vendor meetings, so we knew almost immediately it was a done deal. Mike was so accommodating + flexible with our needs, he always responded in a very quick manner. This is especially important as well during the planning process, since a bride (and a fellow Sagittarius) doesn't like to wait. The communication was flawless from start to end.On the day of the wedding, Mike + his assistant came to set up early and it felt like they weren't even there. They were so professional with their recording ways, never asking me to do a fake pose or anything (like my photographer did). Every scene in the video was all natural emotions, and I guess that's why the trailer really blew us away. We really can't wait to see our full length video, because we've seen firsthand the quality work that Zhuproductions delivered with our trailer. People always say the most important investment of your wedding should be the photographer,which is true,but a video will bring those memories to life!WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR? BOOK ZHUPRODUCTIONS NOW!#NotAnAd

Sent on 01/15/2016

Jane · Married on 10/03/2015

Though we were initially on the fence about getting a videographer for our wedding, our first meeting with Mike had us convinced. He was a professional to the uttermost as he transparently shared about about his equipment, general time, and the editing process. Moreover, he took the time to listen and get to know us as a couple so that by the time we reached our wedding, he had become much more of a friend than just a vendor. He checked in with us several times before the wedding day to confirm timelines, schedules, and locations, making it abundantly clear that we could count on him for all details of this work. On the day of the wedding, Mike and his assistant arrived early to check in with both of us and started rolling. They didn't stop until several hours later, when the dance floor had been cleared, capturing every big and small moment without ever intruding. We just got our highlight reel a few days ago and we were ENTHRALLED. Mike is a brilliant video editor, whittling down hours of footage to create a seamless short that had us in tears as we relived the best moments of our day. We've never doubted our decision to hire him for a second and would HIGHLY recommend his services to anyone who would like to beautifully memorialize those moments of their special day.

Sent on 12/11/2015

Megan · Married on 09/18/2015

Mike was amazing! Just received our video trailer and it brought tears to my eyes! The quality of the film is amazing! Can't wait to see the full documentary edit of the entire event. Mike was a pleasure to work with the entire time, easily accessible via email. Worked with me to created a package that worked for me and my husband and catered to everything we wanted. He did an amazing job capturing all the events of the evening, I didn't even realize he was there recording some of the moments! And i'm glad he did! I would definitely recommend!

Sent on 11/17/2015

Amazing work! Mike and his assistant did a great job at our wedding. I wanted a cut of our first dance within the week after our wedding (we did a surprise Bollywood number with our wedding party and I wanted to show it to my extended family). Mike edited and sent us the video within the week. We got our highlights video a little later and it was excellent. He managed to capture the essence of the day and in a span of 3 mins could show what it was like. We can't wait for the full video!

Vlad · Married on 08/15/2015

Mike and his assistant were phenomenal. We just received our highlight video and are so amazed at how he picked and mixed some of our favorite moments with creativity and heart. Mike's presence is unobtrusive, but his work speaks volume. He worked well with our photographer and the other vendors. He was also flexible, responsible, and finally provided fantastic value for the cost. We still haven't seen our full video, and will update this review when we have it, but would recommend Mike without reservation.

Derek · Married on 10/17/2014

Mike & his team were remarkable. We had the pleasure of using them on our wedding day and it barely seemed like they were there. But, in the background I can continuously see a camera taking all the cherish-able memories we were looking for during the ceremony and party thereafter. Highly recommend Zhu productions for any event that your looking to create a Cinematography style video versus just a standard video... their creativity and ability to use the environment and space of your event will leave you in shock as it did us. A++ to work with!!! Thank you, Derek @XSplosiveNY

Sent on 11/04/2014

Nicole · Married on 08/09/2014

Mike of Zhu Productions is an extremely talented and creative cinematographer. Our highlight wedding video still brings tears to our eyes. My husband didn't really want to hire a videographer, but now he's so happy we hired Mike! Mike is professional, affordable, super nice to work with, and worth every penny. When the video came out, so many of our guests said they didn't even realize we had a videographer, yet Mike and his assistant Daphne captured every single special moment! We have only seen our 4 minute highlight video, and would be happy enough with that, it's amazing... we can't wait to see the full video. I highly recommend Mike, if you want a video to capture your special day, don't go anywhere else!!

Sent on 11/10/2014

Peter · Married on 07/27/2014

Mike Zhu was amazing during all stages of my engagement and marriage. I sought his service for my surprise proposal, for a "love story" video (it's an awesome side package to include) to play during the reception, and for the wedding day. For all three times we met, Mike performed as any great videographer/cinematographer should—with professionalism, courtesy, just the right amount of attentiveness, and care. The last is what really stood out for my wife and me. Because Mike showed much attention to detail and expressed his care for our special moments and our big day, we absolutely felt comforted and certain that he would deliver on the various things we discussed (i.e., what angles we wanted, how we wanted the video to turn out, where we wanted to shoot).

During the "love story" video shooting, he coached us to look natural and comfortable. He gave us ideas to discuss in front of the camera when we needed more ideas. He took videos from multiple angles, but the retakes were not excessive. Needless to say, the "love story" video came out perfect; many of our guests enjoyed the video during the reception and they commented how cute it was and even inquired who our videographer/cinematographer was. With praise and a great smile, I simply pointed to the man still recording away.

The wedding video also was done superbly to our taste, which was remarkable given the fact that my wife and I didn't offer any of our own suggestions or requests for how we'd like the video to turn out. In this regard, Mike showed a keen sense of artistic selection in editing the final wedding video. He captured important scenes, as well as the fun moments, and included the perfect soundtrack to go with it all.

I strongly recommend Mike, or Zhu Productions. You'll be sorry you went with anyone else!

Sent on 01/19/2016

FREAKING AMAZING! This man's 'movie-making' ability is amazing. He captured every moment and put everything together so well. We'll use him again for any milestones in life. Thank you so much for your amazing work. Wonderful guy, too!

Sent on 11/13/2014

Brian · Married on 06/07/2014

If you want a cookie cutter type, non-creative, low quality wedding video then do not under any circumstances use Mike Zhu. If, however, you would like a custom, extremely creative, high quality, beautiful and artistic film of your wedding day which captures the essence of all of the emotions of the day - then, by all means look no further and hire Zhu Productions. Mike is a truly fantastic human being and one of the most talented videographers and editors working in this industry. He truly cares and goes above and beyond to make certain he understands the couple and what they are looking for in their wedding video. He is prompt, attentive, responsive, creative, innovative, kind and very genuine. During your wedding, you will forget that Mike is even there. He has a way of disappearing into the crowd, but when you see his work, you see that he was there capturing every moment - all with great care. We couldn't be more pleased with our video and the response from others has been beyond any of our expectations. We feel incredibly fortunate to have found Mike Zhu and give him the highest possible recommendation.

Sent on 09/14/2014

Lia · Married on 06/01/2014

I know everyone thinks their video is the best.... But I REALLY do think my video is the best! I must have watched it 100 times the first month. Mike did such a great job capturing the most emotional and funny moments. He is professional and so nice! I would highly recommend him!