Mike Sperlak Photography Reviews

Mike Sperlak Photography 7
  • Allison

Allison · Married on 12/31/2018

Highly Recommend!

I cannot say enough good things about Mike. Working with him was a breeze & the photos are even better than I ever imagined. My husband & I were very nervous initially – neither of us are spotlight people but Mike instantly had both of us laughing & at complete ease. We were married on NYE & it rained the entire day/night, but Mike had great ideas for spaces within our venue so we didn’t have to worry about missing out due to the rain. When there was a quick break in the rain during our cocktail hour, Mike hustled to get us outside & set up the most gorgeous shots right on the street. We even received 18x preview photos the day after our wedding and I’m obsessed with all of them. Hiring Mike as our photographer was one of the best planning decisions we made – I highly recommend him.

Sent on 01/25/2019
    Mike Sperlak Photography 8
    Mike Sperlak Photography 9
    Mike Sperlak Photography 10
  • Heather

Heather · Married on 11/24/2018

Absolutely Perfect

Mike photographed our wedding in November in New Jersey and i am speechless with the photos we received. He did such an amazing job!!! The second shooter he brought with him was also amazing. They were so friendly, super down to earth and really made the different poses fun. It began to rain near the end of our solo session, but those were our favorite photos we got! The lighting Mike used made it look like we were in falling snow! So breathtaking. Absolutely would hire him again in a heartbeat. Our guests even commented on the photos and how interactive and willing they were to take photos of individuals and their family and friends. We got close to 1,000 photos total and each color photo we also got in black and white! Do not hesitate if you are considering Mike, he is amazing!!!

Sent on 03/26/2019
    Mike Sperlak Photography 15
    Mike Sperlak Photography 16

Joele · Married on 09/29/2018

A Superb Experience

Mike and his wife did such an amazing job shooting my wedding. They were so personable and yet so professional at the same time! I could tell they had a ball at my wedding but OH when I got my wedding pictures back I almost died at how STUNNING they looked! Wow!! And let's not forget about the engagement shoot that Mike did alone. He really listened to what my husband and I wanted in our pictures and he was able to capture the moments perfectly. Gorgeous photos and great personalities are a 100% in my book! I would recommend them to anyone!

Sent on 11/10/2018

Eileen · Married on 09/15/2018

Highly recommend!

We had Mike as our photographer for our September 2018 wedding and we are so glad we did! He and Mary Kate were so easy to work with and made us feel so relaxed with photos throughout the day. They did an amazing job and we absolutely love all of our photos! We met Mike about a year before our wedding for our Engagement shoot. He even drove to Philly for us at no extra charge. We are so happy that we chose Mike for such an important part of our special day and we’re so glad we have such amazing photos to always remember the special moments! We definitely highly recommend Mike!

Sent on 10/30/2018

philomina · Married on 05/12/2018

hi mike can me and my fiance Ricky kolb and i get pictures taking at the wedding.

Sent on 08/14/2017

Katie · Married on 04/08/2017

Mike was amazing from day one, he and his second shooter, Mary Kate, were totally accommodating of our schedule with meetings and went out of their way to make sure that we were happy. He took one photo during our engagement shot that we wanted to use for save-the-dates but it needed a little re-touching. He retouched it for me, for free, within 24 hours! Our wedding day was perfect and he managed to really capture the personality of all of our guests in his photos. His work is top-notch and I have gotten SO many complements. I would recommend him highly.

Sent on 05/04/2017

Carolyne · Married on 03/11/2017

Absolutely the best photographer for the job! Mike and Mary Kate were exceptional both throughout the entire wedding day and the engagement photo session. The photos were beautifully taken and captured the day so wonderfully. I want them to cover all of our future parties and significant events!

Sent on 03/27/2017

Katherine · Married on 09/03/2016

My husband and I recently got married and had Mike and MaryKate shoot our engagement and wedding pictures. All I can say it that it was a great choice! We haven't seen our wedding pictures yet but our engagement pictures were incredible. My husband and I are not the most photogenic people and they had us looking amazing.

We wanted the candid moments at our wedding captured more than we wanted posed pictures and they delivered. We had a lot going on at our wedding from people jumping into the Bay, impromptu speeches and fun things done by friends, and lots of dancing. Mike and MaryKate were there for everything!!! Our guests kept saying that when something cute or funny was happening they would go to find a photographer and they were there already taking pictures. They advised us when the sunset was good for pictures if we wanted to step away and they really listened to what we wanted to have captured at our wedding.

For our wedding we were supposed to be in the path of tropical storm Hermine. Luckily it missed us but Mike was so kind when I asked him about hurricane contingencies and said that if we had a bad day they would meet us at a later time for pictures when it was nice. That was a great stress reliever. He was very easy to get along with and very responsive. All around an amazing job! We are so very excited to see all of the great pictures! You will not be disappointed if you book Mike Sperlak for your wedding!

Sent on 09/06/2016

morgan · Married on 08/26/2016

while i did not end up booking mike for my wedding which will be next year (because a family friend was actually able to help out and it worked out better for us that way), i do want to say that all of my interactions with him were prompt, friendly, flexible, and helpful. he was able to meet with me on skype when i couldn't get out to meet in person, and was willing to work with me with a complex timeline as my fiance lives out of the country. and his work which you can see online should speak for itself because it's obviously wonderful. i would highly recommend contacting mike for your photo needs :)

Sent on 12/22/2015

Lois · Married on 07/02/2016

Mike and Mary Kate were so wonderful. You hardly noticed that they were there. They kept everything on time and were a blast to work with. The photographs were amazing. I would highly recommend Mike.

Sent on 07/16/2016

Rebecca · Married on 06/11/2016

Mike and his wife were wonderful to work with for our wedding! They are extremely laid back and flexible, making them very easy to work with. Mike truly has an artistic eye, always looking at the surroundings and placing you in them, very naturally. I can't wait to see all of the photographs and treasure them for a lifetime! I HIGHLY recommend using Mike Sperlak photography! They are work every penny!

Sent on 06/13/2017

Kara · Married on 04/23/2016

Mike Sperlak (and his wife) have been amazing so far! He is so down to earth and easy to work with, and his pricing and pricing structure were extremely affordable and a great value for what we are getting. Mike has been extremely patient and responsive with all of our questions and needs. To date, we've only done our engagement photos, but it was quite a wonderful experience. Mike and his wife made us feel at ease, got to know our style and comfort, and took beautiful photos! Our save the dates came out better than we ever could have imagined thanks to Mike's photography- he truly captured our personalities, and our love for each other. We CANNOT WAIT to have him photograph us for our wedding, and I will be sure to update my review then! I highly recommend Mike Sperlak for anyone getting married in the area.

Sent on 10/30/2015

Callie · Married on 02/20/2016

I cannot say enough how amazing Mike and his wife Mary Kate were. From the moment I met them I knew they were the perfect photographers for us. So kind, fun and laid back! My pictures came out better then I could have ever imagined!!! They are breathtaking! Mike was the best decision I made about my entire wedding! Thank you sooooo much !!!

Sent on 04/23/2016

Mike and his lovely wife added so much to our last minute wedding by joining into the theme and celebrating with us! We were married last minute over Thanksgiving weekend, and they jumped right in with booking the shoot. When it came to the wedding day, they were both very patient and flexibility as we ran around with last minute items. More than anything, they made us feel COMPLETELY comfortable. It was a pleasure to have them shoot our wedding, and I would HIGHLY recommend them Mike for a shoot.

Sent on 12/01/2015

Lindsay · Married on 03/28/2015

Mike Sperlak Photography is fantastic! Mike includes a second photographer and an engagement photo session in his fee which made is feel extremely comfortable with the amount of coverage we would have of our day. He was punctual, professional, and extremely positive when we were feeling a little camera shy! We were referred to Mike by a close friend, and we just fell in love with his style. He provided a lot of support throughout the process and the wedding day - by the end we felt like old friends! He also sent us a handful of preview shots the next day which is an amazingly quick turnaround. We definitely recommend Mike Sperlak without any hesitation. Our experience was fabulous and we look gorgeous in our pictures.

Sent on 04/24/2015

Kristin · Married on 10/04/2014

We are so thrilled we found Mike Sperlak as a photographer, he was wonderful and professional to work with!! The engagement session was really fun and relaxed, and gave us our first taste of how awesome both Mike and Mary Kate were! When the day of our wedding arrived, they were on site even before we arrived ready to start taking pictures. Throughout our day, whenever there was a moment that we thought to ourselves, "I hope someone is getting a picture of this", sure enough in the background, they were there snapping pictures! Mike was wonderful to work with throughout the entire process; he has a great eye for capturing moments big and small! We couldn't be happier with our photos and love having digital access to the files. Definitely book Mike Sperlak photography - it was one of the best decisions we made for our wedding!!!

Sent on 12/31/2014

Nicole · Married on 08/16/2014

Words can't even explain how thankful we are that Mike Sperlak was our photographer. Our wedding was absolutely perfect and Mike was one of the reasons why. Mike sperlak is so incredibly talented as you can see through his photographs. He did such a phenomenal job of capturing all the raw emotions throughout the entire day. Now we can look back and relive every moment through our pictures. Mike is so creative as he directed us in fun and expressive ways to pose for both our engagement and wedding pictures. His unique approach was all that people raved to us about as they looked at our pictures. For our engagement pictures, we were in the ocean on surf boards. Mike was right there with us with his only worry to capture the perfect moment. Mike's personality is completely contagious. He is kind, SO cool, positive, and a fun person to be around. He genuinely cared about making our day nothing but special. Mike's assistant photographer, Chris is also SO talented and just awesome! After the church, we went on the swings with the entire wedding party at Playland in Ocean City, NJ. Even with a little unease, Chris was right there willing to capture the fun and memorable moment on the swings with us! We not only gained perfect pictures but also great friends! We would HIGHLY recommend Mike Sperlak as your photographer, you will be forever grateful just like we are. Thank you, thank you, thank you from the bottom of our hearts Mike Sperlak!!!!! -Nicole and Kyle

Sent on 04/03/2015

Amy · Married on 06/21/2014

We can't begin to describe how amazing Mike Sperlak Photography is!!! Highly recommended and beautiful everlasting results!! His assistant Chris was amazing as well! Wonderful team to work with for both our engagement photo session and wedding. It's also great that Mike never put a time limit on taking pictures, we felt completely taken care of never rushed. Thank you Mike for capturing the best day of our lives!!!

Sent on 12/21/2014

Dan · Married on 12/28/2013

We met Mike and his team at a wedding for another family member. He was professional and fun and once we saw the pictures after the fact we knew we had to hire him. His prices were exactly in line with the market and he made sure to keep in touch during the lead-up to our wedding.

The day of the wedding couldn't have gone any better. Mike and his team were prompt, attentive and helpful in every way. I've recommended Mike to two other wedding's since mine and will continue referring him to everyone I speak with in the future.

Sent on 12/17/2014

Elizabeth · Married on 10/12/2013

My husband and I were looking for a local photographer for our DIY barn wedding and thankfully we found Mike! What a professional! He provided a very reasonable package and best of all he left us with some breath taking photos of our special day!

Sent on 12/17/2014

stephanie · Married on 06/30/2013

Mike was incredibly professional and approachable, as he wanted to make "our special day" seamless and a day to remember. He was very quick to respond to emails, his pricing was great, he was fun to be around, and he always had great support with him.
    I would recommend Mike to do any photography service as he also did our engagement photos.
    He travels to wherever you want to be, he's friendly, he doesn't "pull any fast ones" and he's there from the very beginning to the end of your event, never missing a moment.
    From my wedding in South Jersey, my MOH then wanted him for her wedding in Boston, so a year later, Mike was with us again in Boston, with a second photographer too.

Sent on 12/23/2014

Mike and his team were fantastic. We first met face-to-face at our engagement shoot. He was very down-to-earth and made us feel at ease. He was professional, engaging, and kept us laughing. For our wedding, Mike and his team came early and stayed as late as we wanted him too – we never felt rushed! We loved our pictures and could not believe some of the action shots he managed to take. We recommended him to others who used him as well! He is highly recommended – it was great seeing him capturing other family and friends weddings this past year.

Sent on 12/22/2014

Laura · Married on 06/01/2013

First off, meeting Mike Sperlak was like meeting up with an old friend. He completely put me at ease. I loved his personality as well as his photography style. Our wedding package came with a free engagement shoot. We had never had professional photographs taken before but working with Mike was a breeze. We were able to be ourselves completely with no cheesy poses. Our photographs perfectly reflect our relationship.

The day of our wedding Mike showed up from the very start. He also brought along a second photographer, which is standard for him, as well as a third photographer too! He was with us from the beginning of hair and makeup to the last song at night. Our pictures turned out absolutely beautiful and I got so many compliments on them..still do!!

I highly recommend Mike Sperlak for your wedding, you will not be disappointed!!

Sent on 12/22/2014

Helena · Married on 08/11/2018

Mike and Mary Kate are the best photographers you could ask for on your wedding day, as well as all the days leading up to the event. They are super flexible and accommodating, and they make it easy to relax and have fun at photoshoots. The pictures turned out awesome, getting so many compliments. Mike and Mary Kate really give their best to capture your special day and would go beyond what you would ask them for. I would choose Mike as my wedding photographer all over again!

Sent on 08/14/2018