Mike Mahnich DJ & MC Music Lighting Reviews

66 Reviews for Mike Mahnich DJ & MC Music Lighting

• Emil

Emil Tempongko · Getting married on 02/04/2020

Amazing Master of Ceremonies

We attended our friends' wedding and took notice that Mike did a great job of keeping it on track and really directing it naturally. We quickly realized that his experience as "master of ceremonies" would be extremely valuable, so we had to book him for our wedding this past April as well.

Mike is truly worth every penny, and is very detail-oriented. He took the time to chat with us and get to know us, and made sure that we thought through every detail of the wedding, providing questionnaires that helped us brainstorm on our own time as well. It felt like a true collaboration as we bounced ideas off each other, and he had the song-editing skills to make our ideas come to life in a way we could never have done by ourselves or with a part-time DJ.

Much like at our friends' wedding, at ours he was an essential element, and had an uncanny ability to move guests naturally where they needed to be. Thank you so much, Mike, for helping make our wedding perfect - we couldn't have done it without you!

Sent on 04/30/2019
  • Lindsay

Lindsay · Getting married on 11/30/2019

Mike was a recommendation to me from a caterer that we were planning to use for our reception. Our original DJ went MIA, so we had to find another one on short notice. I called Mike, and he was able to meet with me the very same day. He explained everything that he does, showed me some video footage of events he has done, and overall just eased my mind about the stress of planning the reception. Mike is an all-inclusive DJ which means he brings professionalism, quality, top of the line equipment and lighting effects, and most importantly, he is super entertaining! Our reception was flawless thanks to Mike's ability to read our crowd, and we had so many people talking about him! He always went above and beyond the standard "DJ" call of duty, and was TRULY a master of our ceremony! We are so happy that we had Mike there on our day, and really appreciate his quality of service that also came with an awesome smile! :-)

Sent on 03/13/2011
  • W

William Braswell · Married on 05/18/2019

The Absolute Best. 100/100!

If you're looking for a DJ for your wedding, look no further! We got married in May, and Mike was such a huge part of making the wedding a success. He first stuck out to me during our vendor search early in our planning, because he was so personable and professional. Just in speaking with him over the phone I could tell that he was going to do an awesome job. His communication between "signing" with him and the actual wedding night was always super quick, friendly, and professional. We then met with him for our main planning meeting about a month or two out from our date. He was super flexible with his time, and even went out of his way to meet with us on a week night after we got off work in downtown Dallas. Needless to say, we were extremely stressed out about the wedding, but Mike made us feel so much more confident and comfortable about the whole thing. He truly helped pull our "day of" plan together. He offered well-thought-out opinions and tips, that I honestly think would rival many actual wedding planners. He perfectly balanced our ideas and vision with the practicality of his experience.

Mike ran the show on our wedding day... he was a true "master of ceremonies", and not just a guy that played some music. He was seriously perfect! He was fun, flexible, professional... I honestly can't say enough good things about him. I will recommend him any chance that I get, and hope he knows how glad we were to have him as part of our wedding. Thanks Mike!

Sent on 07/08/2019

George · Married on 12/15/2018

Master of The Flow

Mike was absolutely amazing. We had to come up with a way to have a fun Star Wars/Harry Potter Wedding for us and classy wedding for our family. He helped us navigate the whole experience. He was so talented in music selection and making sure they night flowed perfectly.

Sent on 12/24/2018

Stephanie · Married on 07/29/2017

Mike did a fantastic job for my husband's 40th surprise party! He kept the party flowing and was so accommodating when I needed to change things up for prayer or some toasts. He was certainly the master of ceremonies which was so critical when there are so many details to entertaining. All the guests danced and none of us wanted the night to end!!!

Sent on 08/08/2017

Marisol · Married on 07/09/2016

Mike was absolutely amazing! He worked with us on everything from the order of events, lighting, timing of everything and made sure we thought about details we didn't think about before the wedding day! He was great at making sure that we were happy throughout the wedding night and that the crowd was happy as well. He was a great MC and worked with our very diverse wedding party. We had a Mariachi for an hour during cocktail hour and he made sure that the times before and after those times were organized and well done. We loved working with him and our wedding day would not have been as stress free as it was without him on our team! Not to mention we had a very challenging venue acoustically and 300 guests! He was happy, energetic, and in tune with what we needed for our wedding to be absolutely perfect!

Sent on 07/30/2016

karla · Married on 07/08/2016

At the 11th hour we had to change our venue due to FBI taking over our planned venue. Mike made the transition to the new venue, and we never missed a beat, pun intended! Mike provided music, lighting and sound for my daughters wedding ceremony and reception. The music was GREAT and all the important happenings during the reception were right on time. Mike, thank you for being so flexible, keeping us all on the timeline and providing music that all of our guest loved! You kept the dance floor full with your selections. You are AWESOME!!!

Sent on 07/11/2016
  • Michelle

Michelle · Married on 06/03/2016

Mike was awesome! I had so much fun working with him. He is very flexible and truly knows what he is doing. And really offers a lot of help and suggestions when you have a question about music choices. I am so glad I went with him. I wouldn't have wanted anyone else to DJ me and my husbands wedding.
    Thank you Mike!

- Michelle

Sent on 06/20/2016

Andrea · Married on 05/20/2016

Mike was great to work with all through our planning! We were all hesitant at first booking a DJ - we thought that maybe we didn't need one. Looking back, we now see how crazy we were! Mike did not just give us music for our ceremony and reception, but he also did the lighting and sound set up for THREE DIFFERENT ROOMS! He was also the Master of Ceremony for most of the night, ushering guests from one room to another. He stayed from start to finish and was always on top of everything. He made sure our schedule and timeline was on and that we were happy with where we were at all times. He made sure that the guests were happy and having fun! The night would not have been the same without him!

Sent on 05/30/2016

Laura · Married on 06/27/2015

DJ Mike was simply amazing! Our wedding reception would not have been as amazing as it was without his organization and knowledge of ceremonies! All were pleased :)

Sent on 07/16/2015
  • Lauren

Lauren · Married on 05/02/2015

Mike Mahnich did a fantastic job with being our wedding DJ. He made sure we got exactly the kind of music we wanted. He went over things we didn't even think of for the reception! He also let us preview the songs he had put together for the ceremony to make sure everything was right. Working with Mike was such a great experience!

Sent on 12/30/2015

Skylar · Married on 03/15/2015

Mike was extremely organized and helpful with the whole process. He had no hidden fees and did everything from editing the ceremony music, lighting for the reception, and indoor/outdoor music for our reception.
    He checked on us throughout the ceremony and definitely helped keep us on track.
    We have gotten several compliments about his choice and flow in music throughout the different parts of the reception.
    Definitely a good choice!

Sent on 03/24/2015

Mike was beyond amazing, not only a DJ but so knowledgeable to help with planning. He is a must have.

Sent on 11/09/2014

marilyn · Married on 10/04/2014

We can't say enough great things about Mike. He provided the guidance we needed and basically helped plan our whole ceremony and reception. As we were searching for a DJ, we quickly learned there are many flaky vendors in this industry and we are so glad we splurged on this portion of the event and hired Mike. He was extremely responsive, professional, and super helpful. There were some last minute changes throughout the evening and he easily adapted and rolled with it. He kept the crowd moving and we had so many compliments on the great work he did. He was the DJ for my best friends wedding four years ago and am so thankful for her recommendation!

Thanks again, Mike!
    Marilyn & Erik

Sent on 10/09/2014

Chris · Married on 10/03/2014

Mike was a wonderful person to work with! He provided suggestions and recommendations that made the whole night flow perfectly. His experience with weddings in particular really helped when it came to the big day. We did not have to worry about a thing! Good job Mr Mahnich!

Chris & Makenzi

Sent on 10/17/2014

Katherine · event on 08/23/2014

Mike was fantastic! An asset to our event, for sure. We will definitely be using him again & I would be happy to recommend his services to others.

Sent on 09/09/2014

Christy · event on 08/09/2014

Mike was amazing! He kept the party going. The teenagers & adults danced all night. I highly recommend him. Mike was wonderful to work with and had great ideas about the party. I couldn't of asked for anything better.

Sent on 08/17/2014

Alexandra and Steve · Married on 08/09/2014

Mike was amazing!! Our wedding day was perfect and he was the reason. He personally sat down with us to make our wedding day schedule and saw that everything happened like we wanted it to. We highly recommend him! Thank you Mike for making our day everything we wanted it to be :)

Sent on 08/31/2014

Julie · Married on 07/19/2014

Mike did an outstanding job for our daughter's wedding. He was more like a Master of Ceremonies. He took care of the music and sound during the ceremony and basically ran the reception. He made sure everything kept moving along and went off without a hitch! We highly recommend him for your event.

Sent on 08/25/2014

Robert D and Randy Gwenyth · Married on 06/21/2014

Mike did an absolutely fabulous job in trying the events of our daughter's June 21, 2014 wedding into a memorable event that surpassed expectations. He captured the spirit of the evening of celebration and managed all the exciting moments to perfection. From a formal military wedding to bbq in the Ft Worth Stockyards, he made it all flow smoothly. Thank you Mike from Bob, Randy, Faye, Walt, Jessica, and Steve.

Sent on 07/07/2014

Jacquie · Married on 06/14/2014

Mike Mahnich was simply amazing!!!! I would highly recommend him to any bride. I felt that not only was he my DJ but also my wedding coordinator. He truly made my day and night wonderful and was always available when I needed to talk before the big day. He took a huge weight off my shoulders and really did a fantastic job. He also took care of me the whole day and kept everything running smoothly during the reception. If you are looking for an amazing DJ I would definitely choose MIKE MAHNICH!!!!

Sent on 06/23/2014

Anees · Married on 06/01/2014

Mike was more than just a DJ/MC at our wedding, he was an active part of the planning process and helped ensure that the day flowed smoothly. Although my wife and I had a wedding day coordinator, there were a number of details that Mike's experience helped catch that we otherwise would've missed and he gave us excellent advice in everything wedding related. I cannot say in words how helpful he was for our entire wedding day.

When it came to actual music and MCing, Mike knocked it out of the park. We had a very diverse taste of music and Mike not only satisfied every one of our song/genre requests but needed only general direction in what types of music we wanted and he took it from there. He was always prompt in responding and made everything so easy for us!

I truly cannot say enough to praise Mike on the level of service and talent he has! I would recommend him to everyone!

Sent on 06/09/2014

Anthony and Heather · Married on 05/24/2014

Mike was the most excellent choice we could have made for our wedding. His expertise and experience made our wedding as successful as I could ever had imagined. He was flexible up the end as we had to move our wedding from the outside venue to the indoor venue in a matter of minutes as a storm blew in from nowhere. He was well prepared for all situations and made a mix of so many songs to make our dream day the best and most memorable wedding possible. Thanks Mike for making our day great!!!

Sent on 06/14/2014
  • W

Wendy · event on 04/25/2014

Amazing professional performance. The school was very impressed with the DJ, set-up, light show and screen dancers. We hope to use his services for all future school events. Book with confidence. You will not be disappointed.

Sent on 05/20/2014

Mike did a great job. I can't say enough good things about him. He did a fantastic job helping us plan the order of the reception and helping find the music selections we wanted. He will work with you to make sure that you get exactly what you want. The day of the event he controlled the flow and pace of the reception really well. I never felt that we were being rushed through things or that the pace of the ceremony was lagging. 5 out of 5 stars for Mike.

Sent on 04/08/2014