Mike Davis Trio Reviews

39 | Traverse City, MI

39 Reviews for Mike Davis Trio

Jennifer · Married on 06/23/2018

We had the Mike Davis Trio for our wedding ceremony as well as our cocktail portion of the reception. I highly recommend Mike Davis Trio! Mike was great to work with on the music selection, and after the wedding he told me that they are adding one of our requested songs to their repertoire for future weddings!

Vivian · Married on 06/16/2018

The Mike Davis Trio gave a wonderful performance for our wedding ceremony and cocktail hour at the Homestead in Glen Arbor, MI. From accommodating a new song to being flexible in whether they performed inside or outside due to a last-minute weather decision, they were kind and professional through it all. Once you choose the Mike Davis Trio, you receive a music planning guide which ensures that everything about the music for your event is taken care of. Mike ensures that everything is accounted for whether it is an additional microphone for your officiant or even music for unity candles or other special ceremonies. By choosing the Mike Davis Trio, you are choosing an elegant and fun experience for your guests and ease-of-mind for yourself.

Christopher · Married on 06/09/2018

Mike and his group were essential to our cocktail hour. They were nothing but easy and fantastic to work with!

Kasie · Married on 08/05/2017

Mike Davis did a fantastic job with playing our ceremony music and cocktail hour music. Mike was very easy to work with and very responsive and well organized. He made the entire process so easy to work with. Ceremony music sounded amazing and they were willing to learn a new song for us to walk down the aisle to. Total we paid $750 for them to play both events, learn one new song, and use their PA system for the officiate. Everyone loved the jazz music during cocktail hour which made the event that much better. They did a fantastic job and I would recommend them to any bride!

Paula · Married on 06/03/2017

We hired Mike Davis Trio for our ceremony and cocktail hour music. I couldn't be happier with our choice! We were unable to meet in person with them until the day of the wedding but even so we were able to plan every detail very easily and communication was never an issue. They had some great demos on their website which made our music selections a breeze! I would highly recommend this group if you are looking for live musicians for your wedding!

Beth · Married on 10/15/2016

We booked the Trio for our ceremony and cocktail hour and they were fantastic! They also helped us out at the last minute by bringing a microphone for our outdoor ceremony.

Doris · Married on 10/09/2016

Very professional group. We were from out of town and read some reviews. Contacted them just a couple of months before the wedding. We were going to use for the ceremony only and three weeks before the wedding the bride and groom decided to have them play music during the cocktail hour. We had some special more contemporary music for the processional and recessional. They were able to accommodate the request. We had to pay extra for them to get the music but it was worth every penny. The wedding was at Black Star Farms the first weekend in October. the weather held but was a little cold. They were still able to play. the music was wonderful. They played hallelujah and it was beautiful. The jazz music for the cocktail party was very enjoyable. I dealt with them over the phone but when it came to that day I felt like they were family and really cared about our event. I would use them again and recommend them.

Elisa · Married on 09/17/2016

Mike Davis Trio did an amazing job for the music at our wedding ceremony and cocktail hour. He was very responsive to our special requests for music and was able to accommodate them all. Our music was beautiful during the ceremony and he was able to coordinate with our hired cantor and they performed together even without ever practicing beforehand. We loved having the jazz trio for our cocktail hour. The music helped the cocktail hour feel unique and intimate. Mike Davis also allowed my husband to coordinate a special musical surprise performance and it was one of the most special parts of our wedding. Very professional and very talented, we couldn't say enough great things about Mike Davis Trio. Thanks for helping our special day sound great!

Kristen · Married on 09/10/2016

The Mike Davis trio was truly a dream to work with, as well as wonderful and easy-going guys. They were fabulous to work with, flexible with microphones, accommodating of our last minute rain-out plans, and of course they played spectacular music. Mike even took a moment to say hello after the wedding, and shared some of the kindest words with us - something we will treasure forever! We were honored to have them join us for our wedding, and would recommend them without hesitation.

Lauren · Married on 08/20/2016

Mike and the rest of the trio were wonderful! They have a wide variety of songs to choose from, and they even learned and perfected a song that I wanted played at the end of the ceremony. It was nice having the trio play romantic songs during the ceremony, then for the cocktail hour, the flute player switched to the saxophone and they played jazz songs. I would highly recommend them if you are looking for a great group to play music at your wedding.

Krystal · Married on 08/29/2015

I cannot rave louder for The Mike Davis Trio!!! They were quick to start some music if the schedule went a bit awry, and on top of that they are incredibly talented!! Mike did a great job with the special songs I asked them to learn. Gosh, we also played a silent film during the reception, and they learned a very complicated instrument (theatrical organ) and put together a musical piece to go along with the movie in just 2 weeks!! They really saved the day, as I almost had to cancel the movie when I had no one to play that organ!! I couldn't be happier with the services they provided and I highly recommend them. Professional, flexible and incredibly talented gentlemen. A complete joy to have them accent our special day.

Jessica · Married on 07/25/2015

Our wedding was planned in a short amount of time due to an illness in the family. Other Vendors were very rude in regards to requesting a service on "Late Notice", which was still 6 months in advance. Mike Davis Trio; had availability, made a lot of the decisions for us (as we live out of town), and allowed us use of their speaker system until 11:30pm, after they played from 5-7:30pm.

Lynn · Married on 09/21/2014

We hired Mike and Steve as a Jazz Duo (Sax and Piano) for our ceremony and reception. Mike was very responsive with all request and questions that I had leading up to the wedding. We even had a special song request which they easily accommodated. The music was beautiful and we received a lot of compliments on it. I would highly recommend the Mike Davis Trio for any event you have near the Traverse City area.

I found Mike Davis Trio on Wedding Wire and they were also highly recommended by my family members in Traverse City. Mike was very responsive, transparent, and knowledgeable. He walked me through the planning process with some standardized forms and samples on his website, both of which made things easier and less overwhelming. On the day of event, he and his member did an amazing job at the ceremony and reception, and many of our guests came to us raving about the Trio. They brought all the instrument and tools so we only needed to worry about providing electricity. We invited them to join the reception during their break, and they and our guests had great time chatting. To conclude, having Mike Davis Trio was one of the best choices (besides getting married, of course) we have made for the wedding.

The Mike Davis Trio provided music for our daughters outdoor wedding and at the cocktail hour. They performed beautifully and really enhanced the feeling of enchantment she was looking for. My daughter wanted some different music that was not part of their very large repertoire. The Mike Davis Trio found the music and preformed it during the ceremony. It was exactly what she had requested.

Jaleesa · Married on 08/16/2014

Mike and his fellow musicians were amazing to work with! Mike met with us several months prior to the wedding and was very flexible in meeting our music needs (and there were a lot!). They helped us with a Catholic wedding ceremony and played during the cocktail hour at our reception. My husband and I missed the cocktail hour as were getting pictures, but we only heard good things from our guests! They loved the atmosphere and everyone had a great time before dinner. I would absolutely recommend Mike Davis Trio for your wedding, reception or any other event. They provided a personal and unique touch to our event that was everything we wanted. Thanks, Mike!

I hired the Mike Davis Trio for my wedding this past July and they were fantastic! They were timely, professional, and really great to work with! I had the classical duo for the wedding ceremony and the music was beautiful! Then for the cocktail hour I had the jazz duo and many of the guests commented about how great it was! I would highly recommend the Mike Davis Trio!

Rachel · Married on 03/01/2014

I was referred to the Mike Davis Trio by our venue and I am so happy we chose them for our ceremony, cocktail hour, and reception. Mike took a few modern pop songs and turned them into beautiful instrumentals for our ceremony and then played upbeat jazz for the remainder of the evening. Everyone LOVED the music and the atmosphere created by this band and their music was perfect! If you are looking for talented professionals that are fun to work with, these are your guys!

Heather · Married on 08/17/2013

The Mike Davis Trio was a pleasure to work with and loved having them play during our cocktail hour and wedding celebration. They were professional, versatile, flexible and wonderfully talented.

At the last minute when we decided we would like some vocals they immediately worked around their schedule because they had two bookings that evening and Mike Davis made sure he was available to come and sing vocals. They also let my dear friend from childhood sing a couple of songs with them which was very special to us. You will be very pleased if you go with the Mike Davis Trio for your wedding!

Meghan · Married on 07/27/2013

We had the Mike Davis Trio perform our ceremony music as well as jazz during our cocktail hour. They are incredibly talented and easy to work with. Many of our guests commented on the fabulous music! I would highly recommend the Mike Davis Trio for your wedding!

The Mike Davis Trio did an amazing job for our wedding and cocktail hour!! There were alot people talking about how it really blended well with the wedding and made it feel very classy!!

Mike and his trio were a wonderful and memorable addition to our wedding day!

Absolutely excellent performance enjoyed by all in attendance. Very reasonably priced and great to work with.

Jessica · Married on 07/21/2012

Mike Davis Trio put the extra touch I needed to my ceremony on the beach! They were on time set up and ready to go before the guests arrived they sounded beautiful. The whole experience was everything I dreamed and more!