MIJO Entertainment Reviews

1 User photo

MIJO Entertainment 1

Madelen Flores · Married on 09/30/2018

Nothing Short of Divine!

MIJO Entertainment is the reason that my family still and will continue to talk about my wedding day for years to come. Richard understands the pressure that goes along with wedding days and handles everything with grace. The cynosure of his work is his incredible ability to ramp up the energy in the guests, keeping them laughing, and wanting more! From the moment we spoke about my wedding, Richard and his team made it clear that you are their priority and really listen to what you want on your wedding day. He was the ABSOLUTE BEST to work with, maintaining direct communication and keen to resolve indecisiveness. By the time my wedding day rolled around, I was actually really calm and I attribute all of it to MIJO Entertainment. It really takes a true character with charisma to be as passionate about his work as and execute it as well as Richard does.
    As for the music, I had discussed with Richard that I had some aunts/uncles that aren’t known for dancing at parties and he blew me away by crafting a song selection that not a single person was sitting down while music played. I was surprised to see my Tia Joba, a 70-year-old lady, dancing to everything from cumbia to merengue and enjoying every second of it! However, the best way to see how much fun everyone had is to look at their photos from the photobooth. The backdrop was cute, and the props were hilarious! I am SO glad we booked it, every family went home with at least 3 and as many as 15!!
    The lighting his team did was also perfect! He takes into consideration the ambient of the venue, tailors the scene to your liking, and creates an atmosphere that stays throughout the day and looks just as good at night (considering my wedding was an outdoor wedding). I definitely recommend taking advantage of all that MIJO Entertainment has to offer, it will make your special day the most memorable ever.

Henry · Married on 07/07/2018

I hired this company for DJ services and photo booth and gotta say, it was one heck of a wedding. Richard and his crew did an exceptional job in both the ceremony and reception parts of our wedding. Richard helped us with the timeline of our wedding and provided music in our ceremony. Joe, the DJ at the reception had some of the best music compilation I've heard in a long time. From 80s to Latin music, it was excellent. Jose the MC helped the wedding run flawlessly regardless of the small hiccups that we experienced. He helped us with everything and kept our guests up and pumped throughout the night. Chris at the photo booth had something for our guests to take home, photos. There was not one person not having a good time taking advantage of the photo booth. And the props were awesome! Overall the pricing was very affordable for what was offered. Definitely would hire MIJO Entertainment again! Thanks you guys!

Nicole · Married on 05/27/2018

Our experience with Richard and his team was more than amazing!!! Everyone loved the music and danced all night long it was so much fun. I can't begin to explain how great he did during our ceremony, it was definitely a day my husband and I will never forget. Our closest family and friends had so much fun and really enjoyed the photo booth that his team provided for us. We had a mixture of English and Spanish speakers and he was able to accommodate both which meant everything to us. We received so many compliments and by the end of the night everyone wanted Richards information to use him for all their events. You wont regret having him as your vendor!!! Thank you Richard for making our big day so amazing!

MIJO Entertainment 2

Monica · Married on 05/10/2018

Richard and his team are just wonderful to work with! If only I could give them more stars!! After our initial meeting, we knew Mijo Entertainment was perfect for our wedding needs.

From our very first meeting, Richard was very professional and welcoming. He provided us with all the information we needed and answered all of our questions. Richard has been doing his for years and he sure has perfected his craft.

Working with vendors can be very daunting when it comes to wedding planning, but Richard and his team were such a pleasure to work with! Communication was fast and straight to the point. We always felt at ease when it came to planning out our music/entertainment. He was able to provided recommendations and even help us narrow down music genre.

My wedding was wonderful and Mijo Entertainment had a great part in making that happen. My guests had nothing but positive feedback! I had never been to a wedding where an MC is able to get everyone out of their chairs, Richard sure accomplished that at my very own wedding. We laughed and danced, had the best photo booth prints, and his up lighting and projection was spot on. I highly recommend booking with Mijo Entertainment. You will be glad you booked them!

Lola · Married on 12/21/2017

Richard and the rest of the MIJO team are incredible!!! They always make our events extra special. Not only are they on point all night, but also immensely helpful in coordinating events. They are very professional, well prepared, and they will make sure your event goes as smoothly as possible. I always recommend MIJO to everybody I know. Thank you Richard, Joe, Cristina, and Javier for making our Holiday Party unforgettable!

Eduardo · Married on 10/14/2017

Richard and his team were on point the whole night! Their professionalism and help coordinating our event's timeline truly exceeded expectations.

Looking forward to working with them again for other social events we may have in the future.

Jesse · Married on 10/07/2017

Mijo Entertainment was highly recommended by our good friend Lee and my sister in law Angie and trust me when I say that Richard, AKA Mijo Entertainment, went beyond our expectations!!!! He was active, funny, and took our wedding reception to a whole other level. Our guests were very impressed and ecstatic with Richard's fun energy and music selection. The only negative was all the blisters on our feet the next day from the non-stop dancing....ouch!! He made sure to play the genre of music we requested and was on point when it came to any changes that came up throughout the night. Can't go wrong with booking Mijo, definitely deserves beyond 5 stars!! Thank you so much, Richard! I would divorce my wife and marry her all over again just to repeat such a memorable night!!

Mary · Married on 06/24/2017

Let me start off by saying that this review is long over due. Our wedding was this past summer and I’m still being reminded by family and friends what an amazing time everyone had at my wedding. We hired MIJO Entertainment after seeing them at a friend’s wedding... I knew right away that when it came time to plan my wedding I would be talking to them. From the very first call— Richard made me feel comfortable and VERY confident with my decision. The day of my wedding he had everything under control, from organizing all traditions and running the reception to making sure that all my guest were being entertained. Everything ran so smooth— Richard and Joe had everyone laughing, dancing and at the end of the night in tears; happy tears. The song for our last dance was introduced and to my surprise— over the song I hear the vows my husband and I recited to each other earlier. It was such a beautiful moment that I never wanted it to end. One of my bridesmaids just got engaged and I already told her to talk to Richard and his team— thank you Richard, thank you MIJO Entertainment.

• Jessica

Jessica · Married on 06/10/2017

I found Mijo Entertainment through a colleague and had the pleasure of attending their wedding in which Richard of Mijo Entertainment was the MC. I was so impressed that after leaving that wedding on Saturday, I called that following Monday to book with them. Richard is a professional through and through. From our very first meeting I knew that I would be taken care of and that he would make my wedding memorable. Additionally, Richard attended my rehearsal at the venue and was incredibly organized, professional and most of all helpful! He worked well with the venue coordinator as well as all of my other vendors. My wedding was fun and full of energy thanks to Richard and Mijo Entertainment! Booking with them was the best decision I could have made and I will be recommending them to everyone!

Aileen · Married on 07/30/2016

He is so professional and has so much experience in working with weddings and gave us wonderful ideas to work into our reception. We had a 2-day wedding with the first day being an intimate ceremony with only 50 guest and the next day the reception with 160 guest. I really wanted to hire a videographer to capture the ceremony and show it the next day at the reception, for the guest that were not at the ceremony. When I looked into it, it was way out of budget because it was going to be a same-day edit for the video to be ready to show the next day. When I mentioned this to Richard he loved the idea and offered to include this in our package at a very reasonable price. He showed me a couple samples of family videos he had captured and edited and I thought they were good quality. He drove the 1.5 hours to our ceremony site to capture our ceremony, but not only did he capture our ceremony. He went above and beyond by meeting us at the hotel and captured reading our notes and our first look. The video was everything I wanted and more! The first day of our wedding went great, the second day not so much, everything that could go wrong did. Having Richard as the master of ceremonies made the second day go so much better. He did an amazing job of calming me down after things went wrong (none of the things that went wrong had anything to do with his services). In the middle of our reception, we had a family member have a medical emergency, had to call 911 and take them away in an ambulance (the family member was ok, but took them as a precaution). I thought for sure that our reception was over and it was only 9pm, but Richard did a great job of getting everyone's attention back on our event after by Husband reassured our guest that the family member was going to be fine. He really listen to our music preferences and played all of our must play songs. Overall, Richard and MIJO Entertainment made our wedding everything we wanted and more.

Richard and MIJO Entertainment provided us with amazing service. He made the day go exactly as we wanted and kept us on time in a very brief window- just two hours. Richard involved all the guests and really took the stress off of me. It was a wonderful day--and Richard really helped to transform our 120 minutes and turn them into special moments.

Leslie · Married on 06/25/2016

My wedding was this past Saturday and Richard and his team were amazing!!! Right from the get go they totally won us over with their professionalism and timely responses to anything and everything we could ask. I was super indecisive about songs and Richard was extremely helpful in giving suggestions as well as websites with more information. I got a response to all my emails within half an hour, sometimes a few minutes!

The day of the wedding we had Jose as our MC and Joe as our DJ. They were both amazing (I will be using "amazing" a lot in this review). We were about half an hour behind schedule for the whole reception but they kept everyone so entertained that no one was even aware we were behind! I didn't hire a coordinator at all but Richard came up with an amazing itinerary and Jose and Joe stuck to it as well as they could (since, like I said, we were running behind). All my guests thought the whole wedding was well coordinated (thanks to them) and they were super impressed with the whole thing. The songs they picked for dancing were amazing! I wish I could've danced longer.

Also, we ended up choosing a different First Dance song about a week before the wedding. As a surprise, they played our original song for the last dance. It was the perfect way to end the night.

We hired Mijo Entertainment for the ceremony, cocktail hour, reception, and photo booth. We got the package that they offer which includes everything. It also included the up lights which I didn't think I wanted but when I saw them I was like OMG I'M SO HAPPY I GOT THEM.

Oh and keep in mind, I planned the whole wedding in a month and a half. So for it to look that coordinated is all thanks to Richard and his team.

THANK YOU!!!!!! I wish I could leave more than 5 stars. They deserve a kajillion stars.

Cristy · Married on 06/11/2016

Richard and his staff were professional and entertaining !! Mijo entertainment provided great entertainment .. My guest danced all night.. My husband and I had a magical night and Richard and his team made that possible

Mirna · Married on 04/10/2016

It's the day after our wedding all all we can do rave about how much fun we had. Richard and his team are the best. Richard was always on time and on top of getting back to me when needed. He was great to work with. Richard and Jose did an amazing job at coordinating and running our wedding. I couldn't have chosen a better DJ company. Thank you so much Mijo Entertainment!

Irma · Married on 03/05/2016

Richard and his team did such an incredible job for our wedding. They took care of lighting, photo booth, and the music. Richard was the MC and everyone at the wedding loved him. He was entertaining, funny, respectful and playful with our guests (he got my mother in law to kiss her husband which she would have never done in front of a crowd...she found this funny!). He was so much fun throughout the wedding that he had some family members dancing who hardly ever dance! Our families loved how he had everyone get up to dance without any fuss.
    Richard was very attentive to our needs as we planned for the big day. He went above and beyond to accommodate our super hero themed wedding (the photo booth pictures and props catered to our theme). The team was always respectful and knew exactly how to treat guests. The music was great that night. Family and friends loved the music selection, dancing the entire night. I love how the team takes pictures and videos of the event too. This definitely was awesome to have, especially Richards ability to get ALL guests up to the dance floor for a group picture.
    I highly recommend them for any event. They have been doing this for many years. Richard has a big heart, and passionate about his work. He is always smiling! Great experience and amazing memories thanks to them.

martha · Married on 11/21/2015

Richard definitely made our wedding happen. I was impressed and much relieved with how professional and easy going he was. All of our guests were talking about how great he was. I overall loved the service, the flexible he was to meet with us how fast he answered any requests and questions he had he took a lot of my plate and really listened to me when it came to what my vision was for my wedding. I got more than what I could've imagined. I recommend him for anybody looking for great service and overall professionalism. Muchas Gracias Richard for everything you did to make our wedding wonderful!!

Sent on 03/12/2016

MIJO Entertainment's reply:

¡Gracias Martha! Your wedding was a blast. What a wonderful way to start your life together. Just the other day I was looking at the pictures from the photo booth we did at your wedding and could see how much fun you and Marce were having. Thank you for making us part of your special day.

Roger · Married on 11/20/2015

MIJO ENTERTAINMENT are a must have for any wedding. Do not look any further or go with anyone else. Their music selection is just amazing. Our dance floor was never empty and all of our guests were impressed with all the songs played. Richard is an incredible MC that goes above and beyond to make sure everything is going the way you want. There was never a dull moment during our ceremony or reception and the small things Richard does are extremely memorable. If you want a wedding where people will dance the whole evening and talk about the music for days, MIJO ENTERTAINMENT better be there celebrating your big day.

Victoria · Married on 10/24/2015

Richard made our wedding reception such a memorable one. So many people told my new husband and I how awesome he was. Richard kept the party going with the music bumping, cute games as well as a great, creative way you get everyone on the dance floor. It was such a pinnacle moment in and our lives and he made it more special than we could have thought, not with just the music but the uplighting, name in lights and the photobooth! What Richard and his team offer and what they execute is beyond words. You will NOT regret going with Mijo Ent. <3

Sent on 10/26/2015

MIJO Entertainment's reply:

Thank you Victoria! We had an amazing time celebrating your wedding. We wish you and Rudy the best. Felicidades.

Serena · Married on 10/04/2015

We were soo happy that we hired Mijo Entertainment (Richard Mojica) as our DJ/MC. He was very nice, informative, professional, flexible and went ABOVE and BEYOND to make our wedding day/reception the BEST DAY EVER!! My guests gave so many compliments on the selection of music played as well as how fun and interactive the MC was. Everyone LOVED IT and so did we!! We will definitely be using Mijo Entertainment for future parties/gatherings/etc. If you don't choose Mijo Entertainment as your DJ/MC, you're making a HUGE mistake!

Sent on 10/07/2015

MIJO Entertainment's reply:

Thank you Serena! We had a great time celebrating with you guys. Felicidades!

Very helpful... All my guest loved him and we got so many compliments... Everyone was on the dance floor the whole night

Abel · Married on 09/13/2015

Richard and Angel were awesome and exceeded all our expectations. The friendliest and most professional guys you can ask for and everyone was raving about them at our wedding. Richard put together the most beautiful tribute for my late parents that had us all in tears. My cousin is already asking to book them for her wedding next year. The photo booth was a hit! It doesn't get any better than mijo entertainment!

• Y

Yesica · Married on 07/10/2015

We absolutely loved Mijo Entertainment. Our wedding package included ceremonial and reception music, up- lighting, photo booth. Richard and his team delivered exactly as promised based on our interests and requests during the consultation. Our experience with M.E. was not only professional but more importantly personal. The process ensured a professional experience while the team, especially Richard's, personality brings a personalized touch that is accommodating and genuine. We will definitely be using M.E. In the future and would recommend their services to anyone.

• adreana

adreana · Married on 05/23/2015

Let me just begin by saying that if you have any hesitation about working with Richard you can throw that out the window. Richard is one of the most professional individual I have ever worked with. Richard was on the preferred vendor list provided by my venue, and after having him MC and DJ our wedding I know why he is preferred not only by brides, but also venues. From our initial phone calls and e-mails, Richard was very attentive to every detail of our wedding. I planned our wedding by myself and having Richard there was the main reason why everything went so smoothly, he brought up details and questions that I had not even thought about. Richard really did deliver, my crowd ranged from mid 20's-mid 70's and a wide array of ethnicities, but let me tell you every single person was on the dance floor. It was the most amazing moment of my wedding when I saw all my guest on the dance floor. He maintained the flow of the entire evening and made sure that everyone knew what was going on. I have heard only positive reviews from my guest regarding the music. His team was also amazing, his DJ assistant kept the dance floor going while his photo booth attendant was hard working and kept all my guest happy, providing a wide array of props. Above all I love how available he was, I am an OCD bride and I was also planning a destination wedding, so having him available was so stress relieving. Many thanks to Richard and his team, because of your attention to detail and professionalism I was able to have a stress free and amazing wedding. Many thanks. Like mentioned before, if you have any hesitation regarding Richard, just meet with him and you will see for yourself what an amazing professional he is that will take your wedding to the next level.

• User5207816 · 2+ years ago

My wife and I couldn't be happier with Richard and his team. They did an amazing job! Its been over month since they provided DJ/ MC , Photo booth, and up lighting for our wedding and we still are getting complements about how great of an MC Richard was. The guy is just on point, extremely professional and the whole evening ran flawlessly. Wedding planning was such a stressful thing, but If you do yourself one favor pay whatever MIJO entertainment wants cause they were honestly worth every cent!

Stacey · Married on 12/13/2014

Richard and his team were amazing! They were very attentive not only during the planning process but also during the reception. Richard went out of his way to meet with us the very first time and did not pressure my husband or I to hire him on the spot. Richard is very professional and maintained follow-up communication with us until the very day! MIJO Entertainment provided ceremony music and 6 hours of music for cocktail hour and Reception

Our wedding was amazing and so much fun! My husband and I danced until our feet were numb! Our wedding guests raved about how amazing the music was. My husband and I will continue to maintain a working relationship with Richard and will use him in future events!

Definitely you won't be disappointed with MIJO. hire them you won't regret it! Our wedding day was especially unique because of MIJO Entertainment! i can't stop talking about it!