Midwest Sound DJ Entertainment Reviews

798 Reviews for Midwest Sound DJ Entertainment

• Trisha

Trisha Z. · Getting married on 07/10/2022

Awesome All the Way

We were pleased from start to finish. We were fortunate to have James be our DJ for our wedding and he was terrific! He was personable as well as professional. We will certainly tell people to use Midwest Sound!

Sent on 11/02/2020
  • Tracy

Tracy H. · Getting married on 04/02/2022

I would recommend them to anyone!

With Covid, we had a December wedding, but we had to change our reception to February. They were willing to do whatever we needed without an additional charge. We forgot to make changes in our portal for everything that was going on that day. Ben called us to make sure he had a good feel for us, along with what we were expecting for our event. We cut out most of the "fluff" and he was great at making sure everything would go smoothly for our new plan. He arrived earlier than he was supposed to, to make sure everything was ready to go before guest started arriving. He made announcements we asked, and had EVERYONE on the dance floor. People were all walking up to him to shake his hand and thank him at the end of the night. He even gave us a thank you card, and wished us well! Exceeded our expectations, and we could not recommend this company enough to people!

Sent on 02/16/2021
  • Sylvie

Sylvie · Getting married on 10/30/2021

DJ Paul Singh was awesome, kept the guests engaged and the dance floor was busy all night! Paul checked in on us frequently to make sure we were satisfied and to see what he could do better. At the beginning of dinner, our guests were clinking glasses a little too much and Paul approached us to see if we wanted to change the results to my husband and I kissing to other couples kissing. We were very grateful for the change especially since my dress made it difficult to stand and sit so much, and we were able to finish our own meals. Paul called me a few days before the wedding to go over details and make sure he had everything set that we needed and all of our special requests. During the reception he checked on us to see if we had any special requests that had to be played, since they were slower songs he was hesitant to play them because they would have changed the entire mood of the dance floor. I appreciated that Paul checked with us on that, and I believe his judgment was correct. Paul liked our dinner music suggestions and felt we had similar tastes so much that he made us a CD of songs he liked too. My one single criticism would be that one of my guests said the DJ gave him two disposable cameras, and they took poor pictures and cost us a lot (in comparison to digital printing) to develop.

Midwest Sound as a company was easy and personable to work with. I chose them over another top competitor in the area because Midwest took the time to have a real conversation with me instead of giving me generic responses. Everyone I spoke with at Midwest Sound was charismatic and a great conversationalist, even though I am fairly quiet myself. From the very beginning I was confident that I chose the right company and I sure as hell did!

Sent on 10/21/2011
  • Kandice

Kandice K. · Getting married on 10/14/2021

Easy from the start!

We are in the beginning stages of our wedding planning and everyone I have spoke to has been helpful. I met with Kevin, yesterday. He gave me the details of how their process goes and gave me a glimpse into my online portal where I can customize my music. I am very exited to continue working with them! Also, we got a great deal due to our wedding being on a Thursday!

Sent on 09/04/2019

Brittany · Getting married on 10/10/2021

Rheo was amazing! He helped our ceremony to run smoothly, including handing out umbrellas and taking in our flower arrangements when it started to rain. He played current pop music, and listened to our requests! He played by far the best music of any wedding that I have been to! On top of all of this, he helped to load gifts and decorations at the end of the evening. Rheo, and Midwest Sound, helped to make our special day truely amazing!!

Sent on 06/07/2013
  • Beth

Beth S. · Getting married on 10/08/2021

Very fun wedding dance.

Awesome to work with. Dance floor was always full.

Sent on 08/24/2020
  • Michelle

Michelle K. · Married on 03/04/2021

If you want a full dance floor!!!!

Best night ever!! Jon was wonderful! He exceeded our expectations! He kept everyone on the dance floor all night. He kept to our must play dance list and had a wonderful variety of music! It was a fun night! Thank you Jon!

Sent on 04/12/2021
  • Sarah

Sarah J. · Married on 12/09/2020

Professional and Flexible

I had Midwest sound as my DJ for my September 2020 wedding. They were great to work with and very flexible. I loved that my Dj, Javen, let me change a few things the day of without hesitation. I am so happy with the service that he provided. He was on time and so professional.

• Megan

Megan W. · Married on 11/08/2020

Excellent DJ!

We had the best experience with Midwest Sound and our DJ John! He made us feel comfortable and was so easy to work with. It was obvious that he really cared about our wedding and wanted our guests to have the best experience. Midwest Sound was so attentive and communicated really well leading up to the wedding.

• Caley

Caley R. · Married on 11/07/2020

Absolutely perfect!

Midwest sound was amazing to work with! Noah was the best DJ we have ever worked with. I have been apart of 12 weddings and I have never been so happy with the performance of the DJ!! He was absolutely perfect!! We could not have had a better service. Also, Noah did our ceremony as well and he went with the flow as some things got rearranged because of the rain! Truly he was AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!! So happy!!!!! Would recommend and us them again in a heartbeat!!!

Sent on 07/20/2020
  • Linzie

Linzie L. · Married on 11/01/2020

DJ John @ Midwest Sound!

Initially choosing a DJ seemed like an overwhelming task, but when we ran into Midwest Sound online, it seemed like a good fit. Now, post-wedding, I can guarantee that they were perfect for us! They were running a promo so we got the DJ for our ceremony, cocktail hour, and the reception for a great price. We also added a photobooth for a few hours, which our guests loved!

We had John as our DJ. He called me the week of the wedding to ensure that he had all of the details right. He did a great job of reading the room and was very responsive to my needs as well as my husbands. He stuck to the playlist that we gave him for the most part & made sure that the guests were happy with the music that was playing. We didn't have one moment where there weren't people on the dance floor.

Sent on 01/16/2020

Kaitlyn · Married on 10/17/2020

Great DJ and company

DJ Ryan did an awesome job! He played many songs that kept our guests on the dance floor all night. I would definitely recommend him!

Sent on 10/26/2020
  • Amanda

Amanda J. · Married on 10/03/2020

Excellent DJ

Our DJ was Brian and he did an excellent job! He kept things moving and asked us how we wanted things to go. The crowd was dancing the whole night. He was also very helpful with any questions that we had.

Sent on 10/12/2020

Hannah R. · Married on 09/12/2020

DJ John was great!!

DJ John with Midwest Sound exceeded our expectations! He was great to work with and had done exactly what we asked; get people on the dance floor! There were people dancing all night! Thank you Midwest Sound & DJ John!

Katie · Married on 09/12/2020

Great company to work with

We had Tristan come and DJ our wedding. He was fantastic. The company has a portal where you can pick songs you have to have played, songs you would like and songs you absolutely don't want that you complete a month before your wedding. Tristan abided to that, but also noticed what songs were getting people out on the dance floor and really tried to get people up and having a good time. He called us the week of our event just to confirm everything. I would highly recommend both this company and Tristan!

Sent on 12/05/2020
  • Nicole

Nicole A. · Married on 09/12/2020

Prepared, flexible and intuitive!

Rush was the dream DJ. As in most weddings, timing fluctuates. Rush went with the flow, but also read the room perfectly. I could not have been happier with our experience with Midwest Sound. Highly recommend this company and Rush as a DJ.

Sent on 01/04/2021
  • Anika

Anika · Married on 08/28/2020

Fun but not Obnoxious

DJ Ryan was the best!!! Midwest Sound doesn’t assign you a DJ until the week of the wedding and that really scared me until DJ Ryan called me. He told me he was more than a DJ and was going to take all the stress I’ve had planning the wedding in the last 2 years and put it on him. I did not expect that!! He really was amazing at gathering people, being on a timely schedule, he had great ideas for people clinking glasses, and also included some other surprises we didn’t expect. We really liked that DJ Ryan was fun, but not obnoxious. I think filling out the planning forms Midwest Sound provides you as accurately as possible helped Midwest Sound pick the most perfect DJ for us!

Sent on 09/29/2020

Jana T. · Married on 08/15/2020

Simply amazing experience

We loved working with Emmet and Midwest sound ! He made our wedding feel so special and unique and we can’t thank him enough. Midwest sound was great with handling communication especially during a time of pandemic where things seemed less than certain! We loved the services that were provided for us and can’t thank Emmet and the team enough. If you want an amazing experience, good communication at a great price we can’t recommend Midwest sound enough ! Thank you guys once again !!

Sent on 01/05/2021
  • Brittany

Brittany · Married on 06/13/2020

Midwest sound- Max

We booked Midwest sound through our venue (The Chart house in Lakeville, MN) and I couldn't have asked for a better DJ. The company was flexible, responsive, and made our day perfect and so much fun! I'd highly recommend our DJ max!

Sent on 07/02/2020

Danielle J. · Married on 06/04/2020

First Impression was Excellent

Midwest Sound DJ was very prompt to my initial inquiry looking for music entertainment. My daughter's wedding is next year but I have this vendor booked now. Everyone I've been in contact with either by phone or email has been excellent. I can't wait to meet our actual DJ next June!

Sent on 04/15/2019
  • Amanda

Amanda · Married on 12/07/2019

Midwest Sound and DJ was AWESOME!

We are so glad we chose Midwest Sound for our wedding! The DJ was extremely amazing and kept everyone active along with the games and music. He was very professional and fun and played everything we wanted! We are so glad to have worked with Midwest Sound!

Sent on 12/10/2019
  • Hannah

Hannah J. · Married on 12/07/2019

We didn’t want the party to end!

I’d summarize Midwest Sound as ADAPTABLE, ENERGETIC, and the PERFECT FIT for our Wedding Dance needs! The party raged all night and guests didn’t want to leave the dance floor at the end of the night. The best part? Our original DJ wasn’t able to make it due to a personal emergency, BUT Midwest took care of us by sending another amazing DJ who knew our individual needs and requests and made sure we felt taken care of all night, regardless. THANKS MIDWEST SOUND for a wedding dance we won’t ever forget!

Sent on 01/25/2020
  • Lisa

Lisa K. · Married on 10/19/2019

Zac was amazing!

One of our friends used to work for Midwest so we didn’t even look at other companies. They were running a promotion when we booked and got unlimited dinner and dancing music for a great price. We also added ceremony coverage and uplighting through them. We requested our DJ, Zac (aka Tall Zac), who has done a couple of our friend’s weddings. We found out that we got him the week of the wedding. He played all of our must play songs and kept the dance floor going all night. I do wish Midwest would match you with your DJ sooner. Spending almost an hour on the phone a few days before the wedding is not ideal.

Sent on 12/11/2019
  • Caitlin

Caitlin · Married on 10/12/2019

Fun and energetic dj

The dj was great and the music was amazing! Or keep put everyone dancing

Sent on 10/25/2019
  • Danielle

Danielle N. · Married on 10/05/2019

Recommend! Played great music, kept the dance floor packed

I definitely recommend our Dj Terry, she was great! She stuck with our classic rock style music, playing the right song at the right time to keep the dance floor busy. She was very friendly, professional and easy to work with. After our wedding, I got several compliments on how awesome the music was.

Sent on 10/19/2019