Midnight Sun Cakery Reviews

64 | Anchorage, AK

64 Reviews for Midnight Sun Cakery

64 Midnight Sun Cakery Reviews

Jillian · Married on 07/07/2018

Anita made, delivered, and decorated our wedding cake and cupcakes. Everything was beautiful and delicious! We had tons of guests telling us how yummy the cupcakes were. Anita was so fun and easy to work with! We highly recommend Midnight Sun Cakery and will definitely order again in the future!

Midnight Sun Cakery 1

Brittney · Married on 10/31/2017

Anita makes delicious cakes that are out of this world and have an amazing talent with her artistic skills! She was extremely flexible when we changed our topper for our cake. She was fun to talk with and when you do the cake tasting, IT'S GOING TO BE HARD TO DECIDE ON WHAT FLAVORS YOU WANT!!!!! So, we decided on four flavors :D
    mango, raspberry, almond joy and red velvet....
    You will be satisfied by Anita and her service!
    Thank you Anita!!
    Julian and Brittney

Lynsey · Married on 09/23/2017

Wow! If you are not a cake connoisseur you will be! The light fluffiness of the cake and subtle sweetness was to die for! We had a half naked cake for those who liked frosting and those who didn’t. This was a match that made our dream cake amazing!

Midnight Sun Cakery 2

verenice · Married on 08/05/2017

Not only did i love my cake and how it tasted/looked, but the whole experience and customer service was great. I scheduled a sampling and was so impressed with all of the different options presented to me, and the day of the wedding it was delicious and definitely met any expectation. Would recommend them to anyone needing a wedding cake! (or any cake really).

Sent on 08/18/2017

Midnight Sun Cakery's reply:

It truly was a pleasure serving you two! Thank you for your kind words & Congratulations on your new life together!!!

Melinda · Married on 09/10/2016

Anita is the best!! From our very first meeting with her when we sampled all of the delicious flavors, to the final meeting to go over last minute details, Anita really made us feel welcome and at ease knowing that she would deliver the most amazing cake! On our wedding day, she exceeded all of our expectations. The cake was so beautiful and truly delicious! Everyone loved it and has raved about it. We will definitely be buying more cakes and recommending Anita (Midnight Sun Cakery) to everyone we know. Thank you for helping to make our day so special!!
    Mel & Kris

Lauren · Married on 08/20/2016

Anita is the greatest baker on earth. She did both my rehearsal dinner and wedding cake - both were stunningly beautiful and delicious!! I cannot rave about her service and baking enough, I will most definitely be using her for every event (big or small) in the future. I look for reasons to order to cake! LOVE LOVE LOVE!

Tiffany · Married on 07/12/2016

Anita is amazing! I have enjoyed her cakes at several events, including my wedding, and her cakes are always delicious! She brought our ideas for the cake to life, and she is a pleasure to work with. If you need any kind of cake, see Anita. I have worked with her for birthday cakes, and a close friend also went to her for her wedding cake/cupcakes. Her flavors are all amazing, and she is an artist with icing!

Hannah · Married on 06/25/2016

Anita was very professional and is an amazing artist. The cake was drop dead gorgeous and tasted amazing. My guests were all very impressed, as was I! Cake was delivered on schedule and was the perfect thing to tie my function all together! I'll recommend Anita and her company a thousand times over. 5/5

Jordan · Married on 06/18/2016

About 6 months prior to our June 2016 wedding, my mom and I met with Anita at Midnight Sun Cakery for a cake tasting consultation. Not only was our meeting with Anita very professional and a lot of fun but we also both left the meeting talking about how it was the BEST cake we had ever had! The consistency was perfection. We got a 4 tier cake (each tier a different flavor) and an extra sheet cake to ensure we had more pieces of cake than guests and there was not a single piece of cake left over! All our guests raved about how delicious it was. Aside from the cake tasting phenomenal, it was also impressive in its presentation - very pretty! I definitely recommend Midnight Sun Cakery to anyone looking for a tasty and beautiful cake for any type of event. I know my wedding will not be the last time I indulge in that goodness! Big thanks to the team at Midnight Sun Cakery!

• Amy

Amy · Married on 06/11/2016

Anita's cakes are delicious! And because we were about 200 miles out of town for our wedding, Anita was very accommodating about a third party picking up the cake and delivering it, where our wedding planner set it up on-site to save the fee. It arrived with no issues and assembled easily. Our consultation and tastings were wonderful and her cakes are so, so good! Highly recommend for wedding cakes and any other special occasion cake you may need! The cakes are a dream...

• Shess87

Shannon · Married on 05/28/2016

Amazing! Guests were 'stealing' cupcakes to take home with them! I am trying to invent occasions that require me to order another cake- it was that good!

ASHLEY · Married on 03/24/2016

There is nothing more to say about this place other than it is one of the best places to come for edible pieces of art. They have so much talent that they can do any design you ask them to and it will look flawless!

Debbie · Married on 08/08/2015

Anita with Midnight Sun Cakery was so easy to work with and really did an amazing job. She was flexible, had the most delicious cake base, and really did a full service by bringing her desserts to our wedding venue and setting it all up. I don't know if anyone has ever tried to transfer a two tier or taller wedding cake, but it's scary. With Midnight Sun Cakery, Anita takes all the hassle out of the dessert process. She is the best!

Sent on 11/30/2015

Midnight Sun Cakery's reply:

Thanks Debbie!! It was a pleasure! You had a beautiful reception, I was honored to have been chosen

Josh and Shay · Married on 08/08/2015

Beautiful cake, and wonderful baker who takes time to listen to you and your desires. The cakes and fillings and frost its are moist and delicious! Best bakery we tried for our wedding cake, and we are so glad we chose Midnight Sun Cakery. She does cupcakes too! They have awesome artistic abilities, as well, and they made our cake look amazingly realistic!

Sent on 12/10/2015

Midnight Sun Cakery's reply:

Thanks guys!! Your cake gets a lot of compliments when people view my portfolio :D

Anita did my wedding cake and my bridal shower cake. I don't like cake that much but I could eat her cakes forever. I am not joking when I say her cakes are the BEST cakes i have ever tasted in my life. I got a snickeredoodle cake with cream cheese frosting, and my wedding cake was vanilla with strawberry for my husband. She can do anything. My bridal shower was Breakfast at Tiffany themed and she made my cake a giant Tiffany box with a big fondant bow. It was beautiful and there wasn't a piece left. On our honeymoon I told the caterer not to worry about the food, just pack me up the rest of the cake. Over the course of a few days my husband and I ate the whole thing. There was no top tier to save!!!

Midnight Sun Cakery did a great job on our wedding cake. When we first met nearly a year in advance, we were presented with nearly a full selection of samples. It was great to have time to taste each cake flavor, filling, and frosting option during our initial meeting. We were convinced from that point that this was the right choice - the samples were delicious. Just before the wedding, I dropped off our cake topper and changed our order around (adding an extra layer and a sheet cake) - Midnight Sun Cakery had no qualms about it. They met all of our needs, remained flexible with our changes, and delivered. The wedding cake decorations were just as we envisioned and everyone loved it! The cake tray provided was a beautiful match to our cake design. Best of all, the cake was ABSOLUTELY DELICIOUS. We had 3 different layers: chocolate/raspberry ganache, almond/chocolate ganache, and chocolate/coconut ganache w/buttercream frosting and fondant overlay. It was superb and all our guests loved it too! Thank you!

Jessica · Married on 06/21/2015

Couldn't be happier with the service, presentation, and taste. I wasn't even sure I wanted a wedding cake, but after having some of Midnight Sun Cakery's cake at another wedding, I knew I had to have one from them. Anita was friendly, professional, and was able to take my ideas and make them into something beautiful. Wedding guests are still raving six months later!

Sent on 01/18/2016

Thank you Jessica! It was a pleasure :D

Midnight Sun Cakery was absolutely amazing! I had an image in my head on what I wanted my cake to look like and Anita brought it to life exactly how I pictured it! She was amazing throughout the process and flexible with payment. I highly recommend them!

My cake was a complicated order, but Midnight Sun Cakery took it in stride. It's an everyday thing for them- no order is too complex or difficult. They made my dream happen, and I can't put a price on that. (But if I did, I'd say Midnight Sun undershot the price, making their products both reasonable and beautiful).

Jami · Married on 10/11/2014

There aren't even words to explain how please I was with midnight sun. Anita could not have been more accommodating and professional. She took care of EVERYTHING, so that when I arrived to my reception everything was ready!! Our cakes were beautiful, they tasted amazing, and her prices were fair. FANTASTIC choice. You wont regret it.

Kalin · Married on 08/16/2014

Delicious cake and cupcakes! As well as a beautiful presentation. Not a bite was leftover! I would absolutely recommend Midnight Sun Cakery to any and everyone!

Naomi · Married on 08/09/2014

Anita made my wedding cake and was my favorite vendor to work with! We had a unique situation of planning the wedding from 3,000 miles away with us not arriving to Anchorage until two weeks before the wedding. In all of our correspondence Anita's bubbly and excited personality showed, which just made me that much more excited to work with her--- none of my other vendors showed the same enthusiasm via email. After the future-in-laws did a cake tasting we we sold. To make sure the cake turned out the way I wanted she held off making final decisions until I arrived in Anchorage and could do a cake tasting of my own; my oh my so many delicious options! So I did two because she has no problem doing multiple flavors. From there it was so easy to decide what we wanted. Definitely a professional who truly loves what she does and it shows!

Sarah · Married on 08/02/2014

Midnight Sun Cakery did a wonderful job at our wedding. Anita was easy to work with. Her cakes tasted delicious. We had a four tiered cake with three flavors. Our guests had nothing but positive things to say about the cake. I personally loved Snickerdoodle but our guests loved the chocolate with coconut filling. The wedding planning process can be stressful but working with Midnight Sun and Anita was so easy. You can trust that your cake will look and taste wonderful!

Helene · Married on 07/26/2014

Anita's cake is absolutely amazing! The design is beautiful, the texture is great and the flavor is spot on! Anita & her assistant were very accomodating & is very attentive on tending to their customers' needs. Midnight Sun Cakery is truly special!

Ashley · Married on 07/03/2014

Not only is Anita a wonderfully talented baker and cake artist but she was an absolute pleasure to work with! My husband and I got our wedding cake and groom's cake from Midnight Sun Cakery and we could not have been more pleased with everything. The cakes were beautiful, tasted AMAZING and were HUGE hits with our guests! Anita really listed to us and created two custom cakes that truly reflected our personality as a couple. THANK YOU ANITA!!!!!