Michelle's Hair and Beauty Bridal Reviews

74 | Barnstable, MA

74 Reviews for Michelle's Hair and Beauty Bridal

C I · Getting married on 01/01/2022

Michelle was fantastic!

Michelle was professional, warm and helpful from our first phone call. I am so grateful that we hired her and that she and her team were available to do hair for me and the women in my wedding party. Everyone looked natural, effortless and like themselves. I also have curly hair so it was a great relief to find someone so expert in handling that kind of hair! Most importantly to me, Michelle was so comforting to have in the room with us. She had everything under control, was incredibly skillful in doing tackling many different kinds of hair, and we could all just relax and have fun. Hiring Michelle was an important decision for our wedding and I couldn’t be happier with how it turned out.

Sent on 01/25/2020

Kyle Swords · Getting married on 12/07/2021

Michelle is hands down THE BEST!

Michelle was absolutely AMAZING and perfect in every way! After our big wedding plans got postponed because of COVID-19, Michelle still came to my house and did my hair and makeup for our small, backyard ceremony. She was so flexible, responsive, and easy to communicate with throughout all of the changes. The timing of our changes didn't allow for a hair or makeup trial, but Michelle made sure to take the time to listen to my ideas/requests and she did exactly what I was looking for! She was calm, friendly, and warm, which eased my stress of everything else going on. She was professional and it was clear that she followed all protocol for safety/cleanliness. I couldn't have been happier with her work. Anyone looking for hair and makeup should 100% hire Michelle! She is the best!

Sent on 08/07/2020

Katie M. Jenkins · Getting married on 10/02/2021

Michelle is awesome, and made getting ready so much fun!

Michelle and Nicole did hair and make-up for myself and my bridesmaids, and they made each of us feel so special. They came to our wedding venue and they made the whole experience carefree and fun. Michelle did a trial hair and make-up two months before the wedding where we discussed ideas and she incorporated all of my ideas on the day of my wedding.
    She made me feel so confident on my wedding day, and my bridesmaids were thrilled with their hair and make-up. I highly recommend Michelle's Hair and Beauty Bridal, and if you are having a wedding on Cape Cod, you will be thrilled with Michelle's skill and artistry.

Sent on 12/31/2020
  • Kelley

Kelley Maher · Getting married on 04/09/2021

Michelle is the best and far exceeded my expectations!

Michelle and her team are absolutely amazing! Michelle was truly wonderful to work with throughout the entire planning process -- she was very responsive, organized, and made excellent recommendations. In addition, Michelle and her team are all incredibly talented -- I was thrilled with how my hair and makeup looked, and my bridesmaids and Mom also loved theirs. Michelle and her stylists were very patient and took the extra time to make slight tweaks that were requested while still making sure we ran on time. Michelle is so calm which put me at ease and was just what I needed to start my wedding day looking and feeling my best. I have already recommended Michelle to a few of my friends and would 100% recommend Michelle and her team to all Cape Cod brides!

Sent on 11/21/2019

Rachel Kling · Getting married on 02/10/2021

Michelle was wonderful to work with for my wedding hair and makeup!

Michelle was wonderful to work with for my wedding hair and makeup! She arrived on time/early, was very nice, and my makeup looked gorgeous! She was incredibly easy to work with throughout the whole process from initial questions to the wedding day itself. I’m not a “makeup person” and she applied the makeup to make me look great, while still looking like myself, which was exactly what I wanted. She also advised me what products to buy so I could reapply to my lips after dinner. My hair came out exactly how I wanted it as well! Michelle offered a trial for both hair and makeup so I could discuss options with her and see what it would look like on the day of, which was very helpful. Both my hair and makeup stayed all evening and was in near perfect condition at the end of the night! Would recommend!

Sent on 01/20/2020

Kerin Ricciardi · Getting married on 02/07/2021

Michelle is the BEST!

Working with Michelle for my wedding was truly one of the best decisions I made! I have had my hair and makeup done in about 10 or 11 other weddings as a bridesmaid, and no one has come close to the level of expertise and skill that Michelle and her team possess! From my original reach out, to the trial, to the day of, Michelle was beyond wonderful to work with. She is an absolute joy and is so talented. All of my bridesmaids were thrilled with how their hair and makeup turned out. Her team is the best of the best, I cannot say enough good things - look no further than Michelle for your wedding!

Sent on 10/10/2019

Kristen · Married on 10/10/2020

Phenomenal!!

I cannot stress how much you need Michele and her team to do your hair/makeup on your wedding day. She was such a dream to work with. Everybody was thrilled with how their look turned out. I am not someone who typically wears makeup and Michelle did a perfect job making me feel beautiful. I got married down the cape outside on the beach and with some surprise rain and unforgiving winds, our hair and makeup held up perfectly. She was also meticulous with cleaning and sanitizing and that made us all feel a bit more at ease during these Covid times. I can not recommend Michele and her team more !!!!!

Sent on 09/24/2020

Cara Deegan · Married on 09/18/2020

Cape Cod Wedding !! BEST make up and hair

Michelle and her team gave my bridesmaids and myself the absolute best experience ! Michelle is hands down AMAZING at what she does. I had an exact look envisioned and she absolutely nailed it!! I wanted the natural look with a light feel and it was perfect!! She was extremely flexible with timing my trial and the day of the wedding was so fun and stress free! I would 10/10 use her again for any future events and would highly recommend for my fellow cape cod brides !

Sent on 01/06/2021
  • Danielle

Danielle · Married on 09/12/2020

One of my best wedding decisions!

If you're getting married on the Cape (and even off Cape) hiring Michelle is a no-brainer! Michelle was an absolute pleasure to work with; she is incredibly sweet and constantly exudes professionalism. Michelle was easy to communicate with, especially in navigating COVID wedding changes. On the day of my wedding, Michelle and Nicole showed up on time and were unobtrusive yet so enjoyable to have around. They completed hair and makeup for myself, 4 bridesmaids, my mom and my husband's mom. Our timeline was followed perfectly and Michelle was kind enough to complete last minute touch-ups and help me with my veil. Amidst COVID, I was made comfortable thanks to all of Michelle's sanitizing measures. Our moms were nervous to have hair and makeup, but they looked so beautiful and natural. Looking at wedding photos, I can't help but feel so in love with how I looked; it was the best, most beautiful version of myself and I could not thank Michelle enough for making me feel that way on the best day of my life.

Sent on 10/14/2020

Alexandra · Married on 09/09/2020

Michelle is wonderful! My best friend just had her wedding and we decided very last minute we wanted our makeup done. A friend recommended Michelle and she was more than accommodating for us being so last minute! She is so sweet and professional and made us look absolutely beautiful! I will definitely be using her for my upcoming wedding :)

Sent on 05/07/2018
  • Amy

Amy Hutchinson · Married on 08/29/2020

Amazing make up artist

Where do I begin! Michelle was amazing and was able to provide me everything I wanted and more for my wedding day. I got married 8/29/20 during covid with so many unknowns. Three weeks before my wedding my original make up artist had to cancel and we came across Michelle. We reached out, met her shortly thereafter for a trial and 3 weeks later for the wedding! Unfortunately wedding location and time changed due to governor bakers reduction in guests from 100 to 50 and Michelle went above and beyond to make sure she would still be able to be our makeup artist and adjust plans. She is so kind and professional and can’t say enough good things about her. Our make up came out so beautiful and perfect and she was able to handle myself, mother, MIL and 4 bridesmaids. If you are reading this review stop searching I promise you cannot go wrong! Thank you Michelle!

Sent on 12/30/2020
  • Jennifer

Jennifer Troutman · Married on 08/02/2020

Sweet, professional, and a TRUE talent

Michelle is incredibly kind, accommodating, and - above all - extremely talented. I went back and forth about what I wanted my bridal hair to look like and she listened to my every whim and then put together the most stunning hairstyle I could imagine! It held up extremely well and my step daughter was also in love with her style. Michelle is the best and I can’t recommend her strongly enough!

Sent on 08/09/2020
  • Lindsey

Lindsey Rowntree · Married on 07/19/2020

Michelle is the Cape's Finest!

If you are getting married on Cape Cod, book Michelle ASAP! Her talent, kindness and professionalism are out of this world. She is a Cape native and understands the weather there better than anyone. My wedding day was so windy my veil literally flew off my head, but my hair and makeup were perfect all night long! Michelle is the perfect person to have in your corner on your wedding day, she is totally calm (even if you aren't!), and brings the best energy to your bridal suite. I am so happy I've already booked her for my covid-free anniversary party next year!

Sent on 08/04/2020
  • Vanessa

Vanessa Dumonet · Married on 06/27/2020

Amazing wedding makeup!!

Michelle was a dream to work with. Our wedding had to be rescheduled multiple times and booking Michelle’s time for our makeup for our new wedding was one of the easiest parts! She is so sweet and easy to communicate with, and made everything so straightforward in the planning process. She was super professional while also being so lovely and approachable and friendly on the day of. Her work was INCREDIBLE. One of my bridesmaids loved her makeup from Michelle better than her own wedding makeup. Another bridesmaid wasn’t planning to have makeup done but couldn’t resist after seeing how beautiful all the girls were (and luckily we had extra time). Finally, my bridal makeup, was unbelievable. We chatted about what I was hoping for - understated, natural looking / accentuating my features, and she went above and beyond. My now husband couldn’t get over how beautiful the makeup was. She made me feel like a princess! It also was humid and downpoured for the second half of the entire wedding and my makeup stayed intact the entire night. I can’t thank Michelle enough!!

Sent on 07/01/2020

Amy Baker · Married on 06/20/2020

Wedding hair & makeup review

I can not say enough positive things about Michelle! I got married June 2020 in the middle of Covid and from day 1 of booking her she was AMAZING! Despite several location changes, curveballs and many panic emails from me she stuck with me! She kept me calm during the planning process and the day of our wedding. She was so professional but I felt like a life long friend was getting me ready for my day. I have never felt more comfortable in my own skin and my girls looked outstanding! Thank you a million times over Michelle for sticking with me during this crazy time!!

• Shannon

Shannon Rex · Married on 06/19/2020

Wonderful! Can't say enough good things

I cannot say enough positive things about Michelle. My big wedding was postponed due to COVID, so instead my (now) husband decided to elope instead. It was stressful enough having to deal with planning a wedding during a pandemic but Michelle was so accommodating. She even squeezed me into a trial just days after the state re-opened. Her hair and make up skills are amazing. She really listen to exactly what I wanted and brought it to life with just a few photos. She was very clean and hygienic. The make-up she used stayed perfectly all night. For someone who never wears make up, she made me feel beautiful and confident on my wedding day. I also have very long thick hair. My updo didn’t budge and was so comfortable!
    Finally the most important thing I can say about Michelle, is her personality. She has a warm and calming presence that is exactly what every bride needs on their wedding day. She was the last person I was with before the chaos of getting ready photos and the ceremony. She checked in to make sure I was doing okay, made sure I had some water, and made me feel so relaxed. She was a ray of sunshine that everyone should have on their wedding day.
    I highly recommend Michelle to any bride.

Samantha Deragon · Married on 06/13/2020

Simply the BEST

Michelle was absolutely incredible!!! I really can’t thank her enough for everything she did to make my wedding day special during these crazy times. She was attentive to detail, incredibly professional, and one of the nicest souls I have ever met. I felt so comfortable with her, and knew I made the right decision even before my bridal trial. It was my first interaction with her that led me to believe I had the perfect person doing my hair & makeup. She made me feel so beautiful and confident- I am forever grateful she had the availability to work with me because there is NO artist that could do what she did for me!!! Do not hesitate to reach out. I promise that you NEED Michelle for your wedding day!!!

Sent on 07/09/2020

Liz Downey · Married on 05/30/2020

Highly recommend!

Michelle was ideal to work with from the start. She was responsive to outreach, flexible with details and changes, and made our pandemic wedding so special. I had to pivot my entire plan with location and services, and she was very willing to make it work even at the last minute. With the stress of replanning a wedding, Michelle was so accommodating with my updates which I couldn’t appreciate more. The hairstyle was exactly what I had pictured for both my trial and wedding day, and the makeup was beyond my expectations, especially because I hadn't done a trial for that. My hair and makeup lasted the entire evening and I received so many compliments. My mom and sisters also got their hair done and Michelle did an excellent job catering to their requests. Although the wedding was extremely scaled down and much more casual, Michelle brought the glam that I had envisioned for the day. I cannot forget to mention that she is just so sweet and lovely. It felt great to give a local Cape Cod vendor business for our Cape wedding. Would definitely recommend to any bridal party!

Haley Neeven · Married on 05/08/2020

A dream from start to finish!

Working with Michelle and her team was a dream from start to finish! Michelle was such a professional who wanted me to be happy first and foremost! When I wasn't sure how I wanted my hair to be for my wedding day and what we tried for my trial wasn't quite right, Michelle offered a second trial to make sure I was happy. I had Kasey, Amanda, Tori and Victoria on my wedding day to do hair & makeup for 13 girls and they were terrific! They all brought such positive energy, made sure we ran on time and were all great additions to the morning! Everyone was happy with their hair and makeup and I can't recommend them enough!

Sent on 10/27/2019
  • Sara

Sara Mulkeen · Married on 03/09/2020

Cape Cod brides need Michelle :)

Michelle is exactly who you want with you on your wedding day! I searched high and low for a local Cape Cod hair and makeup artist who wouldn't have to travel far to Eastham and I'm so glad I didn't settle before I found Michelle. From the beginning she was quick and responsive, and she recreated the exact look I wanted for my bridal hair and makeup. Michelle and Nicole had everyone's hair/makeup done on time if not a little early and were so fun and calming. I started to get nervous as we were getting close to go-time and Michelle kept softly reminding me to breathe. Nicole worked actual miracles on my mom's hair, even when our day had 95% humidity, and my makeup by Michelle was still completely intact when I woke up the next day. They are the best and I wish we could do it all over again!

Sent on 10/09/2019
  • Michele

Michele Burke · Married on 02/14/2020

Michelle was AMAZING !!!

Michele made me feel so beautiful for my Valentine’s Day Wedding ❤️. Her calm energy and confidence made me feel so relaxed and pampered !!!! I will 💯% use Michelle again and would HIGHLY recommend her for your occasions too !!

Sent on 02/24/2020

Katelyn Kelly · Married on 12/10/2019

Absolutely the best!

Michelle and her team are the absolute best! I felt so at ease with Michelle from the start at my bridal hair/makeup trial. She was incredibly sweet and professional, took my suggestions and created a perfect look for my wedding day. On the day of my wedding, I had a family member very last minute ask for makeup services. What I thought might be an impossible task, Michelle and her team were completely flexible and were able to make time to do it! They were just simply amazing, and made me feel totally stress free while getting ready. My wedding day was just perfect, and I couldn't have done it without Michelle and her team.

Thank you so much for everything!

Sent on 01/12/2020
  • Caitlin

Caitlin Farr · Married on 11/16/2019

Michelle is why you have to hire local!

Michelle and her team were so professional and responsive and worked so hard to make my day perfect. I got married in November in Chatham and what set Michelle apart from any other hair/makeup artist is her knowledge of Cape Cod and its elements. We had 30 mph wind on our wedding day, which is common any time of year on the Cape and as a local I was prepared for this. But I was convinced that my hair would be a disaster after the wind got a hold of it and my makeup would run as the wind makes your eyes water. Michelle knew exactly what to do and modified the look from my trial to give me the desired aesthetic I was going for (including my original jeweled hair piece), but made sure my hair and makeup would survive a coastal Cape Cod day.....and it did. My hair looked amazing all day and night and photographed beautifully. I'm convinced a hairstylist NOT from the Cape wouldn't know what to do. Michelle and her team did everything right and made my day spectacular.

Sent on 01/28/2020

Michelle Maher · Married on 09/28/2019

Mother of the bride

As the mother of the bride, I was thoroughly impressed with Michelle and her incredibly talented team. Michelle set the tone for my daughter's wedding day with her profound sense of calm and expertise. She and her team listened intently to our requests and utilized their talents to create the wedding party's desired individual looks with hair and make-up. Michelle and her team made my daughter, her bridesmaids, and me feel beautiful beyond any expectations we could ever have. I am truly grateful for Michelle's involvement in my daughter's special wedding day!

Sent on 11/26/2019

Sara · Married on 09/21/2019

Michelle made me feel comfortable and so beautiful!!

Michelle was phenomenal to work with through the entire wedding process. She was easy to communicate with online/over the phone when I was deciding between different hair and makeup artists and always responded promptly. During my hair and makeup trial, she helped me figure out the best styles for me, even when I didn't know how to explain exactly what I wanted. She made me feel at ease and I had such a fun time getting to chat with her. On my actual wedding day, she and Nicole were so wonderful! They made my bridesmaids, mom, and me feel comfortable and so so beautiful. We all wanted slightly different styles and they were able to accommodate all of our requests (even when we wanted slight tweaks several times).

Additionally, Michelle's makeup style perfectly suited what I was looking for: a slightly more glamorous version of myself. In my day to day life I don't wear that much make up, so I didn't want to look like a totally different person with contouring and layers of caked on makeup. She totally understood what I wanted and easily surpassed my expectations.

I felt amazing on my wedding day and would highly, highly recommend Michelle and her team to any future Cape Cod area brides!!

Sent on 06/03/2019