Michelle Scott Photography Reviews

Michelle Scott Photography 5
  • Ana

Ana Gomez · Married on 09/14/2019

Royal Wedding worthy

Your wedding photographer search can stop here-- you won't find anyone better. Absolutely worth every penny. Pictures were stunning, timeless, elegant, whether they were portraits or candids. Nobody can hold a candle to the kind of photography-- except for maybe the folks that do the Royal Weddings. Many of my friends spent more money than I did on photography, and the results cannot even compare. We worked with Sabrina, Michelle's assistant photographer. She is the sweetest soul and so patient with my bridezilla anxieties the day of! She is truly an artist! 100% for their professionalism, kindness, and value for money.

Michelle Scott Photography 6
    Michelle Scott Photography 7
    Sent on 10/27/2019

Matt · Married on 07/07/2019

Michelle is an amazing artist, we will cherish our photos forever

When Michelle took our engagement photos we knew we had to work with her again for our wedding to capture the special moments with family and friends. Michelle captured every moment we wanted before, during, and after our wedding. She is able to quickly observe her surroundings and set up stylistic shots that I would never be able to dream up. She made herself available to meet with us before the wedding to ensure that everything was covered so the wedding day would run smoothly. The wedding ceremony, family portraits, funny photos, and artistic shots all turned out great. Knowing that we were in good hands made the wedding planning and wedding day so much easier. It was a pleasure working with her and we will cherish these photos forever.

Sent on 10/27/2019
  • shuyi

shuyi · Married on 05/18/2019

Highly Recommend!

From start to finish, working with Michelle has been an absolute dream! She was referred to us by our engagement photographer and we not only immediately clicked with her, but loved her style (Her works speak for themselves!). Michelle makes you feel very comfortable in front of the camera (I'm typically not) while also making it feel like she's not even there! She communicated with us, had a very easy process for family portraits, and is a truly talented photographer. On wedding day, she captured all the sweet and intimate details of everything important to us. She got us our photos so timely for everything and getting ahold of her for anything was all so easy. She really made everything about our wedding day stress free when it came to photography! Our wedding day album made me cry and laugh, I couldn't believe how perfect and wonderful they turned out! I want to give her a 10 star if I could and will highly recommend to any bride!

Sent on 07/11/2019
  • Emily

Emily White · Married on 12/05/2018

Photos more beautiful than I could have imagined!

I don’t have enough words to describe how we loved having Michelle capture our elopement in Decatur. From the minute she arrived, she set us totally at ease and was such a joyful and focused addition to the day. She has an incredible eye and captures moments that are so vivid, natural, and full of life that almost look like paintings. Don’t even hesitate to partner with her for anything special you want to capture with photos.

Michelle Scott Photography 8
    Michelle Scott Photography 21
    Sent on 01/03/2019
  • Sara

Sara · Married on 09/22/2018

Beautifully Captured Memories! Michelle is a storyteller!

Michelle Scott is a truly amazing photographer. Her works speaks for itself. When I saw her portfolio I knew we had to hire her, and she went above and beyond!
    Michelle is a true professional, she KNOWS what she's doing. The day of our wedding she didn't waste any time. Even when we were switching locations she was always snapping photos. We got every photo we wanted... family, bridal party, all of it. And several truly special photographs of my husband and I. I never felt rushed or worried that we weren't getting the shots we wanted.

Taking photos can sometimes feel awkward, especially this kind of photography. Michelle made me feel so comfortable, I felt like a model! If you put your trust in her, she will not disappoint. We walked into an alley behind a dumpster at Michelle's suggestion and got some of my FAVORITE pics of the night.

Michelle made sure to send sneak peeks in the weeks after the wedding and when we got the full album I was blown away. Michelle really told the story of our wedding through her photographs, it was like reliving the moment all over. Who needs a video when you have photographs like these??

Hiring Michelle was worth every penny and I'm extremely proud and grateful we will have these photos to last a lifetime. Michelle's photos are timeless, elegant, and intimate. I would HIGHLY recommend Michelle Scott Photography.

Sent on 11/20/2018

Michelle · Married on 08/25/2018

Michelle did our engagement and wedding photos, and we are in love with them (and with the entire experience)! Her eye and skills are incredible, and she made us feel so unbelievably comfortable in front of the camera. She perfectly captured moments both intimate and fun -- in her very original, stunning way -- and the fact that she is such a nice person and a pleasure to work with is a bonus! She made us feel special every step of the way. We'll treasure these photos and memories forever!

Sent on 09/29/2018

Angela · Married on 06/02/2018

Michelle is totally amazing! I contacted her to shoot an engagement session and told her the vibe I was going for, and she had really good advice on what to wear and suggestions on locations. She nailed exactly what I had envisioned in my head and the photos came out awesome. She is so good at what she does and keeps it relaxed and chill. So much fun hanging with her and I could't be happier with her work. Michelle is the bessssst!

Sent on 01/10/2018

Nadia · Married on 05/12/2018

Michelle is wonderful! She just did our engagement photos and they turned out beautifully. She’s truly an artist, a definite professional, and an absolute pleasure to work with. We can’t wait for the wedding!

Sent on 10/28/2017

Eunice · Married on 04/28/2018

Michelle just steals my heart with her skills. She did both our engagement and wedding pictures and I cannot stop looking at them. On top of that, she's the easiest person to work with. To have someone that can take a picture and have that picture show the love that was felt is so hard, but Michelle does exactly that and more. I am so happy that we were able to have someone of her talent capture the best day of our lives!

Sent on 06/21/2018

Caitlin · Married on 01/13/2018

Where to begin? Michelle is AMAZING! We loved her style and how intimate she makes the whole experience. She is so easy to work with and so genuine. She truly wants to get to know you which makes the experience all the more enjoyable. Her artistic direction that she brings is astounding. She will find amazing nooks and crannies that you would typically walk right by. I love the intimacy and candidness she brought to our wedding photos and will treasure these forever.

Michelle Scott Photography 22
    Sent on 02/12/2018

Joe · Married on 10/21/2017

Best photographer for engagements and weddings in Atlanta, I'm convinced. Michelle did a wonderful shoot with my fiancee and I at Arabia Mountain. She was on-time, immediately made us both feel comfortable, and walked us through the process without making either of us feel like she was being pushy or rushing us. We're incredibly happy with our results, and she does gorgeous work, too! Our photos couldn't look better. Thanks Michelle!

Sent on 02/06/2017

Erin · Married on 06/24/2017

Michelle was a dream to work with. We chose her for both engagement and wedding day photography after our long, drawn out selection process—my husband and I are both designers so we are really particular about aesthetic. Michelle is incredibly easy to work with and she has such a wonderful, laid-back and positive energy about her. She is not only an incredible professional—she also clearly loves what she does and very much gets into her work but also does it in a non invasive way and makes you feel very comfortable with her. She knows how to direct without making you too posed but also captures beautiful genuine moments and you can tell she feels a connection to each and every shot. She also was very attentive to the priorities we gave her and tried to make sure we got all the shots we were hoping for on our wedding day, while also incorporating her own unique eye and ideas which I’m so looking forward to seeing the results of. The sneak peek she sent us this week had me in tears and hit us right in the soul—can’t wait to see the rest of them! I cannot recommend her enough!

Edit 6/7/17: As an aside—We found out my only living grandfather was diagnosed with lymphoma two weeks before our wedding, so as you can imagine, it was a very emotional time for us. We weren't sure if he and my only living grandmother would be able to attend. Michelle knew it was a priority for me to get pictures of them throughout the day and I'm confident she did it, and did it well. It will be priceless in the future to look back on those photos of them together, surrounded by their loving family. Just another positive to add to the experience!

Sent on 07/03/2017

Amy · Married on 04/08/2017

I cannot say enough good things about Michelle! To start, she was incredibly responsive and flexible to work with, and after tons of back and forth (on my part) came up with a package that worked perfectly for us. She was absolutely amazing to work with! She made us feel so relaxed and natural, and gave us the perfect amount of direction. Her photography so beautiful, so far I have only seen our previews but I'm in love! She was also really flexible coming out from Atlanta to Savannah for us. I highly, HIGHLY recommend her, my husband and I are still talking about how we are so glad we went with her! Thank you so much Michelle for making our day even more amazing!!

Sent on 04/28/2017

Margo · Married on 04/02/2017

I couldn't have asked for a better photographer on our special day. Michelle is awesome!!! She captured the day to perfection. You want a photographer that is easy to work with, who also pays attention to detail and she covers it all. A true professional with great talent. Book her!!!

Sent on 04/26/2017

Nellie · Married on 11/12/2016

Michelle was referred to me by one of my creative coworkers. I browsed through her site and instagram and was immediately drawn to her specific style. It was more moody, deep and dramatic without trying. She really does know how to capture the mood and make you look classically stunning. I'm usually more comfortable behind the lens, but Michelle made me feel and look like a million bucks in her shots. We had been emailing back and forth and were planning on meeting up to get to know each other and go over details, but our lives were so busy that we were only able to discuss everything in person and by phone. The moment we met on my wedding day, everything just felt like she was an old friend that totally got me and I didn't have to explain anything to her. We were able to make each other laugh and the day flew by flawlessly. Definitely make sure that you book her in advance, because I'm sure she's one busy photographer! All her work is amazing and word will spread fast. Cannot recommend Michelle enough! We are getting so many compliments on her sneak peek photos already, I can't wait to see the full archive!!

Sent on 11/14/2016

Kathleen · Married on 11/05/2016

We used Michelle for our Engagement and Wedding photos. She's simply amazing! The way she captures real moments had us feeling like we went back in time and lived the wedding day all over again! I have ZERO complaints about Michelle. She and her second shooter Harmony were super friendly, very attentive, and truly wanted to capture every specific moment you asked for. Our wedding day as super busy so I wasn't able to catch everything and see all of the small details. It was so nice to have everything I missed captured in all the photos. I can't thank Michelle enough for doing such an amazing job. Choose her!

Sent on 12/19/2016

Joie · Married on 10/01/2016

Michelle was the photographer at my wedding in Port Orford, Oregon this past October. Michelle and I went to college together, and she had previously photographed me-- so I already knew how amazing she was before I hired her! My husband and I found her service to be fantastically attentive and personalized. She had a meeting with us beforehand that was extensive so that she could get the lay of the land and make sure that all of our needs were met. She genuinely made me feel like I was the only bride in the entire world that had ever existed! She put an absolutely ridiculous amount of effort, thought, and care into shooting our photos. She spent time scouting locations, thinking up ideas, and kept extensive notes about what photos we wanted so we would be sure to get them. I absolutely cannot recommend her enough. So if you're in the market-- hire her! You will have an amazing experience, and gorgeous photos to last you the rest of your lives.

Sent on 11/09/2016

Sheena · Married on 11/15/2015

I honestly don't know where to begin...from the love and integrity that was put into my entire experience, to the flawless photos she was able to capture, Michelle was my dream come true! She was not only able to far exceed my vision during my styled engagement session but she captured the true essence of my big day and has helped me relive every precious moment one breathtaking image at a time. Michelle's unique vision and sharp eye make for an incredible combination when it comes to capturing life's best moments. Her warm spirit and passion for her craft really shine through in her photos and I couldn't be happier with the amazing memories she's gifted me through her talent. Future brides search no more, your photography prayers have been answered - this one is a must! ;-)

Sent on 01/18/2016

Maria · Married on 10/24/2015

Michelle is amazing! She photographed our friend's wedding and their pictures looked great. We had to book her for our wedding day! We also asked her to shoot an engagement session. The pictures she took are unbelievable! Michelle is super creative - she plays with different lights, colors, reflections, etc. to make your pictures look wonderful! On top of all that, she is really nice and easy to work with. I highly recommend her.

Sent on 04/29/2015

Bee · Married on 10/04/2015

I really need someone to pick me up off the
    Floor.....I have fainted and I think I'm going to be here for awhile!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Ugh I can't even take the amazingness!!!!!!! I can't thank you enough!!! They are soooo stunning, and everything I knew they would be!!! Tell Harmony she's bomb.com!!! :))) omg I'm so sick I can't even take this much excitement!!! Can't wait to do our anniversary photos next year!!! People are stiiiilllll talking about our engagement photos! They won't let these go for sure!!! Xoxo!

Sent on 12/02/2015

We had a wonderful time taking pictures with Michelle. Her pictures speak for themselves in terms of her talent, but her presence and easy-going personality (while making sure not to run over time) are what make her truly exceptional. From the engagement shoot through the wedding pictures, Michelle tells an amazing story through her pictures. It's like reliving the day looking at them. You don't realize how valuable pictures are until you see these. She took pictures of my grandparents dancing and that was the last moment captured on film before my grandma died. They are truly amazing pictures. She just gets it in terms of who is important to take pictures of and how to capture the moment. I would choose her again if I did it all over.

Sent on 12/30/2015

We found Michelle Scott through online reviews and she was one of the first vendors that we knew we had to work with for our engagement sessions and wedding photography. If we could give her more than 5 stars, we would, as her work is just that good and worth every penny! Michelle is a natural artist and captured exactly what we had asked for and more. We contacted Michelle and she was responsive and an instant friend from the first email to sit-down meeting at her loft. We knew we had to book her, as we feared that someone else would find her too for our wedding date and we would lose our favorite vendor. Our engagement pictures were taken on a hot summer day in Atlanta and our wedding pictures were on a rainy fall day in Atlanta. Both were beyond amazing and we have received endless compliments on all of them. We like the extremes of the two from the fun and flirty summer session that combined an urban and nature theme to the dramatic and elegant photos from our wedding-including some amazing rainy pictures and a send-off with sparklers and the glistening Midtown skyline. All I can say is that every detail was perfect and she is able to capture the posed pictures along with the small details and candids. On our wedding day we had a small window of time where the rain had let up and she and Harmony (her co-photographer) were able to gather the crowds and capture all the family portraits that we had asked for-even our relatives commented on how she was able to "get the job done." We again are so pleased with Michelle Scott Photography and her assistant, Harmony and highly recommend them if you're looking for timeless, creative, romantic, and natural photographs. You'll also be pleased with every package that you receive from Michelle, as each one is delivered with love and friendship and a special touch. You were our favorite, Michelle and we truly enjoyed working with you!!

Sent on 11/30/2015

sally + inoo · Married on 09/19/2015

After booking our venue, Michelle Scott Photography was second. And we could not be happier with the experience and results! From Los Angeles, we had 9 months to plan our Atlanta wedding. It was fortuitous that we came across Michelle online and she was available on our wedding day! We only needed one phonecall and one in-person meeting, and everything else was via email. She is super responsive and professional. We knew we could trust Michelle to capture special moments, and she really exceeded our expectations. In addition to her amazing talent, creativity and artistry, Michelle is so easy to work with. It fit our laid-back brewery wedding perfectly.

Sent on 11/14/2015
  • Lauren R.

Lauren · Married on 08/22/2015

I have put off writing this review only because there are not enough words to adequately describe how incredible Michelle is. Her talent and professionalism are truly astounding and we are absolutely blown away by our engagement and wedding photos. Michelle was actually recommended to us by another photographer we were unable to book, but I am convinced that it was meant to be and know that Michelle was the perfect person to capture our special day. She was flexible from day one (we had our initial meeting via Skype because we couldn't get our days to sync up), made my camera-shy fiance (now husband) feel at ease, and captured so many moments on our wedding day that I will cherish forever. Our biggest problem now is figuring out which pictures to frame and print! I cannot recommend Michelle enough and I do not hesitate recommending her to others.

Sent on 11/08/2015
  • Z

Zachary · Married on 08/14/2015

We absolutely loved working with Michelle. Her work is top quality, and she's wonderful. Very professional but still super nice. She nailed our tastes, and we love our photos so much. Plus she helped us put together our timeline for the day. Recommend her very highly.

Sent on 06/26/2016