Michelle Michalak Makeup Artist Reviews

13 Reviews for Michelle Michalak Makeup Artist

1 User photo

Michelle Michalak Makeup Artist 1

Kelly · Married on 05/18/2018

Michelle is WONDERFUL! I had so much trouble finding a makeup artist for my wedding – prior to meeting Michelle I had trials with two other very highly rated makeup artists in the Detroit area. I was not happy with either…both times were pretty awful. I’m so glad I found Michelle.

First, she’s very professional and responsive. I reached out to a lot of makeup artists when I was looking for someone to do makeup for my wedding – most of them never even responded. Michelle always responded quickly to answer my questions. On the day of the wedding she was all setup and ready for us on time – we even got done early!

Second, she’s such a wonderful person to work with. She truly listens to what you want and encourages you to speak up about your likes/dislikes. She is such a kind, welcoming person that it’s really easy to talk to her about any questions or concerns. We had a great time getting ready with her on the day of the wedding!

Finally (and most importantly), she’s so talented! Michelle did my makeup for both my engagement photos and my wedding. Both times I felt so incredibly beautiful without feeling unrecognizable or like I had a mask of makeup on my face. My wedding makeup never broke down and looked so great all day! Michelle did makeup for all of my bridesmaids and my mother on the day of my wedding. My bridal party had girls of all skin shades – from super pale to Indian to black. Every single person looked amazing, and all of the girls were so happy with how they looked!

I can’t recommend Michelle enough – she’s a gem!

Sent on 06/11/2018
    Michelle Michalak Makeup Artist 2

Michelle Michalak Makeup Artist's reply:

Wow, Kelly! Thank you so very much for the kind review. It was SUCH a pleasure working with you and your bridal party!! I hope to work with you again!! Congratulations again!! Big hugs!

Julia · Married on 02/03/2018

Michelle is amazing! Not only is she super talented-she’s also kind, personable and has a way of putting you at ease. (Which can be hard to do on your wedding day!) I would recommend Michelle in a heartbeat to anyone looking for a top notch makeup artist!

Sent on 03/29/2018

Michelle Michalak Makeup Artist's reply:

Thank you so much for the kind review, Julia! You and your family were wonderful and looked so amazing! Congratulations again!!

Jessica · Married on 09/30/2017

My sister and I had our makeup done by Michelle for my wedding and she was so wonderful to work with. She was so communicative and helpful. She answered our millions of questions and worked with me through my trial to get a look that was true to who I am. She was sensitive to my sister's allergies and did lots of tests to make sure there wouldn't be any issues on the day of, and she was just super fun to spend time with getting ready on my wedding day! My makeup looked great in photos and lasted the whole night, tears and all. Highly recommend her!!

mary · Married on 11/05/2016

Michelle is absolutely fabulous. She was friendly to work with, responsive and professional, but above all she is incredibly talented. My make-up looked amazing for my wedding. In fact, I brought my Maid of Honor with me for the trial run and she was so impressed with Michelle's work and her wonderful personality, she reserved Michelle for her wedding too! I highly recommend Michelle, you won't be disappointed.

Rebecka · Married on 10/06/2016

I am originally from Detroit, but no longer live there. It was important for me to get married in my hometown-- which meant planning everything from a distance. My sister lives in Ferndale and put out a message on a community forum there asking for makeup artist recommendations. So many people in the forum came back with the same recommendation: Michelle!

They did not lie! Michelle is so amazingly talented. She understood exactly what I wanted and made it real! Her energy is so positive and calming-- exactly what I needed on my wedding day. She kept in touch with me during the planning, showed up on time, worked her magic, and made me more gorgeous than I ever expected. She was such an important part of my day and she's the kind of person who makes you feel like you've been friends forever. Stop stressing about someone to do your makeup and call Michelle!

Christina · Married on 06/27/2015

What a gift to be in Michelle's hands for my wedding day! Not only did she understand the look I was seeking by asking questions, reviewing my Pinterest boards, and explaining the look in detail before the big day, she is one of the kindest, calmest, funniest people I've ever met. I will be forever grateful for her talent and for how she made me feel on such a big day.

Caitilin · Married on 08/31/2014

I was lucky enough to find MIchelle through a friend. From the first time we met for the trial to the day of and even after the wedding, MIchelle was incredibly professional, kind and thorough. I was on the fence as to whether or not I should have my makeup professionally done and I am SO glad I did. Michelle spent the trial going over different looks we could achieve, techniques and even let me try on a few different options for fake eyelashes. She was not at all concerned with the time, just with getting everything right. I felt absolutely gorgeous as I left and confident that I should work with Michelle for the wedding. Leading up to the wedding Michelle was quick to respond to emails and very flexible with changes to our bridal party needs. The day of the wedding Michelle was incredible. She has a wonderful way of calming a stressed bride. She made the time where she was doing my makeup fun, relaxing and somehow kept everyone away from me long enough to allow me a few minutes peace on a crazy day. The makeup itself was comfortable (we used airbrushing and it felt so light/not sticky or heavy) looked very natural but still appropriate for my wedding and photographed well. She made me feel like the most beautiful version of myself on a very important day. I didn't have to touch up my makeup once throughout the entire day (it was 90 degrees during the day and we danced for hours without stopping). Honestly, some of the best money spent the day of the wedding. I cannot say enough about MIchelle!

Alexca · Married on 07/06/2014

Michelle is a wonderful person and talented professional. She was patient and attentive during my bridal consultation. She even met with me on a Sunday to do a practice run of my look so I could wear it to my bridal shower. On my wedding day, she traveled to my wedding venue to do my makeup. It was stress-free and we had so much fun getting ready. Michelle wants you to feel like your best self and she can help you accomplish this even if you are not a person that wears a lot of makeup on a daily basis. Michelle was able to understand my style and incorporate it into my bridal makeup so that I still felt like myself. I cannot say enough wonderful things about her, and I cannot imagine anyone else doing my makeup for my next special event!

Leslie · Married on 06/21/2014

Michelle did a beautiful job on my makeup the day of my wedding. I was a little worried because I'm biracial and have yellow undertones to my skin. I've had makeup done professionally twice before and one time it looked pretty good, but the other artist did not know how to match my skin tone to her foundation options and ended up giving me a very fake looking tan. At any rate, Michelle's was by far the best of all three experiences. She really knows what she is doing and she listens to what you are looking for, but is not afraid to make suggestions if she thinks that something different might work better. That is how we decided to use a different lipstick color than what I originally asked for, and I'm so glad we made that choice. It went perfectly with the dress, my bouquet and with the other makeup colors. It helps that Michele is extremely warm, patient and caring on what for many is a pretty stressful day. She did a great job with my bridesmaids as well. I thought the price was reasonable and the service was superb. I highly recommend!!

Michelle did my makeup for my April 2014 wedding, and the experience was everything I could have wanted! We did a test run a couple weeks before the wedding, and after wearing the makeup for a couple hours I determined that the eye makeup was a touch too heavy for me. On my wedding day Michelle executed flawlessly and efficiently, with just the right amount of eye makeup and artistry. She was able to accentuate my features with subtle elegance.

As important as Michelle's technical and creative skills are her people skills. She has a warmth about her that makes you feel special, beautiful and calm. We chatted about our common interests while she worked, and amazingly she did not lose concentration or time. The whole time I felt at ease; this is so important for a bride on her big day!

I often run into Michelle while out 'n about, and she always greets me with a big smile. She is a big part of what made my wedding day special - she will warm your heart and make you a sexy beast (if that's the look you're going for). Couldn't recommend her more.

Rachel · Married on 09/14/2013

Michelle did a fabulous job for the makeup for my wedding (and engagement photos)! She was timely, flexible, and the makeup was absolutely flawless. I have gotten my makeup done by Michelle since my wedding for other events and am completely satisfied every time. She is absolutely the best!

Rachelle · Married on 05/18/2013

I've been going to Michelle for make-up application and brows since she did my wedding in 2013. I had found her on Yelp after spending hours reading reviews and I couldn't be happier. She is incredibly talented and super sweet. Her prices are very reasonable and she is really accommodating. I always recommend her to anyone looking to get brows, eyelashes or make-up.

Dana · Married on 05/18/2012

Michelle executed my vintage Veronica Lake makeup request perfectly for my wedding. I never wear lipstick and she found the perfect shade of red for me at our trail. I didn't look fake or that she had caked on the makeup. I just felt like a beautiful bride and it turned out great in the wedding photos. She is amazing in her artistry and knows exactly what will work based on your facial features. Michelle is an extremely talented makeup artist, and such a sweet, genuine and funny person who is fun to be around. I would recommend her, without reservation, for any event you want to be sure you look flawless!