Michelle Lee Entertainment featuring Sounds By Shelly Disc Jockeys Reviews

32 | Philadelphia, PA

32 Reviews for Michelle Lee Entertainment featuring Sounds By Shelly Disc Jockeys

Michelle Lee Entertainment featuring Sounds By Shelly Disc Jockeys 1
Michelle Lee Entertainment featuring Sounds By Shelly Disc Jockeys 2
Michelle Lee Entertainment featuring Sounds By Shelly Disc Jockeys 3
Michelle Lee Entertainment featuring Sounds By Shelly Disc Jockeys 4
Michelle Lee Entertainment featuring Sounds By Shelly Disc Jockeys 5

Anthony · Married on 10/27/2018

Thrilled with DJ Shelly

I highly recommend DJ Shelly to all who are looking for a professional DJ that can make any event a smashing success. We hired DJ Shelly for our wedding. We both have backgrounds in Human Resources and looked for a DJ vendor that was diversity & inclusion friendly.
    Her experience and work ethic go beyond her years. She listens to what YOU want and then designs and executes a plan that will exceed your expectations. She always was on time for calls or in person meetings. Emails were answered promptly. She was at our venue hours before she was set to perform. She understands the importance of your event and is ready for anything with back-up equipment, a wonderful sound system and microphones.
    She was always accessible, she wanted to get to know us and understand the tone we wanted for our wedding and then delivered an evening our guests, and we, will not soon forget.
    Our dance floor was full with ages from 17 to 90 all having a blast at the same time. She was engaging and friendly to anyone that wanted to speak with her. She even shared her “WINGS” with our guests.
    I would hire DJ Shelly again for any event I was going to have without hesitation. So, enough reading reviews - Hire her for your event before she is booked. You will be happy you did. We are.

• Deanna

Deanna · Married on 10/06/2018

Epic wedding

Shelly made the planning soo smooth, out feet hurt for a week after the wedding. I was afraid my husband would be dancing along because I don’t have the energy or rhythm, but boy was I wrong! We were dancing alllll night. She personalized a dance for my dad and I to coreograph and played all the bizarre requests me made. HUGE edm fans which she hit the nail on the head to keep all guests dancing- and still talking about the day! She has so much energy and helped make the night unforgettable!! I loved working with dj and friends have already asked me for her info :) HIGHLY RECOMMEND

Jennifer Kerr Kmiec · Married on 09/22/2018

Wedding DJ

DJ Shelley was amazing!! I did not leave the dance floor at all during our wedding reception. All of our guests loved her and we had so many compliments about how fun she was after the reception. Her angel wings were amazing and she let us wear some on the dance floor which was so much fun and entertaining to everyone. I sent a list of songs I liked prior to the wedding and she exceeded my expectations with her playlist!! Best dance party ever!! I am ready to plan another party and book her again! Highly recommend!!!

Michelle Lee Entertainment featuring Sounds By Shelly Disc Jockeys 6
    Michelle Lee Entertainment featuring Sounds By Shelly Disc Jockeys 7
    Michelle Lee Entertainment featuring Sounds By Shelly Disc Jockeys 8
    Michelle Lee Entertainment featuring Sounds By Shelly Disc Jockeys 9
    Michelle Lee Entertainment featuring Sounds By Shelly Disc Jockeys 10

Tricia · Married on 01/13/2018

We originally were going to use DJ Shelly for just music at our reception at the historic building in PAFA, but as we started planning our wedding, we kept bouncing ideas off of her. As things evolved, we ended up using her for music at our ceremony (separate venue), video for ceremony, audio equipment (mics) for ceremony, and pinspot lighting at the reception. Why? (1) We could tell that she was truly invested in making our wedding a success and earned our trust, and (2) We wanted to cut down on the number of vendors (we had no planner); and (3) Her prices were absolutely reasonable. DJ Shelly kept the party going strong until midnight, made sure the night went smoothly (it did), and was a positive energy in the room. 100% recommend.

Ryan · Married on 10/28/2017

DJ Shelly was AMAZING! Our wedding was on October 28th, 2017, at a vineyard in Lewes, DE. We asked for modern ambient beats during the cocktail hour and asked her to use her own judgment of the crowd the rest of the evening for dancing; she knocked it out of the park!!! Everyone loved her and complimented us on how fun the night was. She also went above and beyond by coordinating with our bagpipers for what wound up being an amazingly majestic and memorable processional. You WILL NOT be disappointed if you hire her.

Thanks DJ Shelly for a great night!! -Ryan & Jeremy

Marley · Married on 08/27/2017

DJ Shelly was all I ever asked for, and more. She was upbeat, and interacted with guests of all ages, races, and religions. We had a Jewish wedding, with a Christian Groom & his family. All was very entertaining and very non-judgmental. We would recommend DJ Shelly 1,000 percent.

• O

Olivia · Married on 08/11/2017

Michelle was wonderful to work with. From the first consultation, I knew we made the right choice. She was so helpful, knowledgeable and responsive to our (crazy) requests. She DJ'd the best 90s dance party I could ever hope for. She was awesome!

• Christie

Christie · Married on 05/20/2017

DJ Shelly was outstanding. We've had so many complements from our guests on her music selection for the reception. Our musical preferences span multiple genres and decades and she pulled together a reception that was 100% us. She kept to the "do not" playlist and played all of the songs we asked her play. We all had a blast on the dance floor.

Additionally, we asked her to play some unique music in the background for our cocktail hour (I.e., down-tempo EDM and drum and bass). She pulled together a great custom mix and the music was exactly what we asked for. She clearly will put in the extra effort for clients!

We would not hesitate to recommend DJ Shelly or reach out and work with her again for an event we plan.

Kara · Married on 12/10/2016

I can't say enough good things about DJ Shelly. I got married in a unique location where everyone sat in different rooms. I was nervous about how the night would flow, I really wanted everyone to be on the dance floor having fun. I couldn't have imagined a better wedding, everyone danced ALL night. I have never been at a wedding where everyone was on the dance floor. It was truly amazing and everyone had so much fun. She made sure everything went according to plan all evening and checked in with me periodically to see if I needed anything. I would highly recommend DJ Shelly to anyone looking to have an amazing event and not worry about a thing throughout the process.

Jenn · Married on 11/25/2016

I had the pleasure of working at a venue where Shelly regularly came in as the DJ for client functions, so I already knew I liked her style as a DJ and ability to get the crowd up and dancing with ease. What I didn't already experience was the professionalism with which Shelly approaches her role, and the immense amount of wedding planning experience she could bring to the table: in addition to getting the music right for my big day. During our first call, she pointed out how a DJ should have backup equipment, extra mics, and a host of other nuances I hadn't even considered in order to make sure the big day went smoothly. Her fill-in-the-blank forms and followup meetings ensured that every detail was attended to, and she stayed on top of me with reminder emails when I was incredibly busy and overwhelmed. She offered suggestions when I wasn't sure what I wanted, listened patiently to those details that I knew exactly how my fiancee and I wanted, and she made the process EASY. There is no chasing Shelly down. If I had a question, she responded quickly. When my other vendors weren't sure on a detail, she worked with them to figure it out. She was several hours early to my wedding and and took last minute song requests from me and quickly downloaded a track for a song I had someone sing for my ceremony when my email somehow didn't go through to her earlier in the week. Her prices are reasonable and she is a true professional: and I have been to weddings that didn't have that and am so glad I did. Thank you for absolutely everything, Shelly. We will be back to you for future engagments with no hesitation.

Kayleigh · Married on 08/13/2016

DJ Shelly was absolutely AMAZING!! She worked very hard and close with us to make sure the music was just right to keep the party going! I was living in NC and planning a wedding in DE so DJ shelly would facetime me to go over song shoice, timelines and go over likes and dislikes! Shelly goes ABOVE AND BEYOND! The wedding was amazing and the music was even better!! the dance floor was packed full of people dancing the whole night!! TOP NOTCH VENDOR AND SERVICES!!!

My husband and I are beyond grateful that we found and hired Shelly for our NYE wedding. She wears all the hats necessary for a wedding/event entertainer including impeccable planning, organizing, collaborating, and of course party starting and keeping it going through the whole night! Our guests were dancing well into midnight and beyond. Shelly was very patient with us as we gave her tons of songs requests and we had an array of opinions coming from various family members. Her energy is beautiful and vivacious. So super grateful for her services.

Lucia · Married on 10/10/2015

We used Sounds by Shelly for our wedding reception and it was perfect. She took the time to meet with us prior and in person to sit down and fully understand what we wanted. We had a large bridal party (36 people) and she was very professional and fun and took on the challenge of a large group. She was open to our unique ideas. She was able to captivate our guests and get them on the dance floor. We highly recommend her.

• Z

Zelma · Married on 09/04/2015

Shellie was the best! She took over the event and made sure everything was perfect! im so glad we found her. All our guests commented on how great the DJ was. We can't put a price on how much Michelle offers. Michelle- Jean and I has the best time of our lives and you made it happen. Thank you so much for all that you did. THANKS!!!!

Amy · Married on 11/22/2014

We used Michelle Lee Entertainment for our son's Bar Mitzvah and we couldn't have been happier. DeeJay Shelly and her assistant Holland did an exceptional job. Our guests, young and old, thoroughly enjoyed themselves. We will definitely hire DeeJay Shelly again for our next event!

Julie · Married on 10/25/2014

DJ Shelly made our wedding. I'm not exaggerating.

First and foremost, Shelly was so easy and accommodating. She visited us twice at our apartment to review our expectations and ideas and even met us atour wedding venue a few weeks prior to the wedding to test out sound since the Race Street Pier isn't a traditional location.

Once the wedding came around, Shelly and her assistant Nate basically served as wedding coordinators as they kept the event organized and moving along smoothly, pitching in with last minute snafus (the power source we tested a few weeks back didn't work!) and provided the perfect music for our ceremony.

Once the reception started, Shelly and Nate got the party started and kept it going nonstop, even using social media for interactions with the guests, a number of them went out of their way to tell us about how much they loved Shelly and the fun vibe she created!

Between her energetic and engaging personality and her skill and knowledge of music and DJ-ing, Shelly was the perfect choice for our wedding. She truly went above and beyond in every way and was a blast to work with. She listened to our needs, wants, and ideas and came through for us in every way, and then some! I'd recommend her to anyone, anytime- DJ Shelly is the absolute best.

Charley · Married on 10/18/2014

DJ Shelly is fantastic! She approaches every event with the personalization and care that puts you totally at ease. We hired her for our wedding and couldn't be happier! What a pro!

Shara · Married on 09/27/2014

Sounds By Shelly delivered exactly what they promise! Great gauge of guests to determine how to get and keep the party going. Shelly's personality is contagious and her energy is amazing! Thank you for making our daughters Sweet 16 so special.

Kristin · Married on 08/23/2014

Dancing and my wedding dress were the most important things to me at our wedding. DJ Shelly worked my sisters wedding so I already knew I was going to be happy working with her since my sister loved her but I was really impressed by the time she took to sit with us and get to know our music tastes. My husband and I are a little quirky with what we like to listen to so I knew it could be different from my sisters wedding. BUT our friends and family talk about how much fun they had and I know its because everyone danced all night. I'd pay the same price all over again for the great time that it was.

Stephanie · Married on 08/22/2014

Shelley was awesome, the lighting and the music she played for the ceremony and reception was fabtastic. Her DJing kept the place hopping, her assistant was also great. I would recommend Shelley and her team!!

Alissa · Married on 08/16/2014

We met with Shelly for our wedding on the recommendation of the folks at The Fuge in Warminster, PA. She is fantastic- we had a great time working with her to put together our uniquely themed event. She was available to us when we had changes and additions up until the last minutes.... On the day of the event she and her staff were professional, entertaining, and kept the wedding on track all evening long. Her friendly, open and caring personality shows in her awesome DJ skills and we would recommend her and her staff, we would certainly hire her if we get married again...lol...maybe our 20th anniversary next year(yes married this year)!! Stacy the photographer was awesome and I can't wait to see all the pictures she took throughout the evening--- the pictures with us as people were heading out I am sure will be an AWESOME memory for us! Thanks again to Shelly and her staff!

Tara · Married on 07/12/2014

From the moment I looked up Shelly's website when searching for a DJ, to the email she just wrote to me thanking me for choosing her as my DJ....stellar! Professional informative website which prompted my initial call. Shelly has been accommodating, prompt, cooperative, helpful & extremely professional. She had great suggestions for the ceremony & reception as far as set up. She also had some excellent song suggestions for the ceremony. Shelly kept things rolling at the reception, keeping the party very upbeat! She's just overall a cool chick & she's so pretty ;) I honestly couldn't have asked for a better DJ!! THANK YOU SO MUCH SHELLY!!!! :)

Shelly did an amazing job handling the ceremony music for my wedding. Not only did she offer a wide range of options for us, but she was easy to get a hold of and flexible.

On the day of the ceremony, she was there in plenty of time to set up and ready to help us rehearse. She managed the entire rehearsal for us like the pro that she is. I was so glad she was there to wrangle the wedding party into order. I don't know how we would have managed without her.

It really was so much fun!! And that's what we wanted. A classy but fun wedding.
    We were absolutely thrilled with how the entertainment side of things turned out. Not a single moment was dull and (for better or worse) we couldn't drag ourselves away from the dance floor to chat with guests. All of our guests are still talking about it. It was constant fun from the time the reception started to the very, very last moment when we were forced to end the night. The venue was packed until last call- we had to kick everyone out.

These guys are so great- they will do exactly what you want, but better! Great at translating client wishes into reality (which is especially great when you're planning a wedding!) They don't do any cheesy wedding DJ stuff like some vendors do (talk the whole time, try to force jokes and do games). They're also very professional which just made ALL the difference. They discuss and record all your desires and triple check to make sure the information is correct (name pronunciations, the "no play" list, the "must play" list, etc.) and put it down on paper. The communication was good. We met once and did everything else over email. They were on time, friendly with guests and, to our observations, worked well with our catering staff to pull off a highly coordinated event.

We were first a bit hesitant to pay the money when we could get someone else cheaper, but it was SO worth it. From attending other weddings, we knew a bad DJ can make for a weird party climate, and we didn't take the chance. The music sets the tone, and I think it was a MAJOR contributor to an event our guests still discuss and friends want to emulate. Also, it was just one more thing we didn't have to worry about at all. We wanted quality and got quality. When all you notice is that the evening feels perfect (and I'm a stressed-out perfectionist), you know you made some good decisions.

Stephen · Married on 07/27/2013

Shelly @ Sounds by Shelly did a fantastic job with our event. She was very professional and made our event fun and special. She kept the wedding attendants entertained and dancing. She also did a good job taking requests of the guests. I Highly recommend Shelly for all your DJ needs!