Michelle Lawson Photography Reviews

259 | Fort Lauderdale, FL

259 Reviews for Michelle Lawson Photography

Cynthia M. · Getting married on 05/12/2022

So wonderful!

Steve is an amazing photographer who has a great ability to capture life's special moments. He is also SO easy to work with and makes the whole experience so seamless. We appreciate the suggestions he provided to help us get really great shots, how friendly and warm he was with our guests and his high level of professionalism. Look no further, hire Steve today!!

Sent on 01/10/2021
  • Stephanie

Stephanie C. · Getting married on 02/03/2022

Speechless beyond words

What can we say about Michelle Lawson Photography that hasn’t already been said? We love Steve and his team so much! From our engagement shoot to the very last minute of our wedding, including capturing moments with our dog Cooper throughout our wedding, they were there to make our day as amazing and as memorable as it could and would be. They have a passion for detail and there is nothing this team won’t do to get the perfect shot, all while treating everyone like their own extended family. We could not recommend anyone more.

Sent on 03/29/2021
  • Daniel

Daniel K. · Getting married on 11/11/2021

Can Your Photographer Drive a Boat?

Congratulations! You found the best photography company in the industry. LOOK NO FURTHER. There is a reason why other photography companies all want to be like Michelle Lawson. Steve is excellent. THE BEST. Hands down. Guys who are reading this review. Hear me out. I actually met Steve before I got married at a wedding expo that my fiance dragged me too but I am so glad I did because I hired Steve and his team to drive my boat to a remote island in the Keys to propose to my wife. She had no idea I had three photographers hiding all over the island (we took our other boat the night before). It was awesome!!! No one is better. Higher them. Your research is done!

Sent on 11/23/2020

Giselle C. · Married on 06/10/2021

Best Photographer Ever!

Steve and his team are the absolute best! From the moment he showed up while we were getting ready, until the moment he left at the end of the night, he did everything possible to make our day as easy going and as stress-free as possible while keeping everyone on schedule and getting all the best shots. When we arrived at the venue, he made what would have taken anyone else three hours take an hour and a half prior to ceremony. My husband and I were able to enjoy all of cocktail hour and the reception visiting and dancing with family and friends without the worry of what formal family pictures were left to take. Steve was so attentive to our needs the entire night while still managing to get all the crucial (and best dance floor) shots. He has been so great to work with (especially accommodating our change in wedding date due to COVID with ease), and we cannot wait to see our photos!! Since our wedding, we have had countless guests tell us how great and easy to talk to he was and they can’t wait to book him themselves! We will definitely be working with Steve and his team again in the future!

Sent on 10/21/2020
  • Fran

Fran C. · Married on 05/08/2021

Absolutely amazing!! Rob went above and beyond!

WOW!!! That’s all I can.... and the rest of the attendees at the wedding! Rob and his ML team were amazing. They brought energy to every photo and were so ready to capture special moments. Rob was so easy to talk to and so open to our ideas. He new his angles - and ours too!! Everyone was raving about how great our photography and film team was and we are so delighted to have chosen them for oír wedding. They were the absolute best and we highly recommend them to everyone!!

Sent on 05/14/2021

Catherine S. · Married on 04/17/2021

Amazing!!!!

We can not say enough amazing things about Steve and his entire crew!!!! They went above and beyond for our wedding. Not only were they professional but they were FUN, helpful, friendly and took unbelievable photos and video. They stayed til the very last person left the dance floor!! Every single one of our guests complimented how fantastic the entire crew was!
    They also got all our photos/ video back so quickly after the wedding! Wish we could relive the day again - Michelle Lawson Photography we can’t thank you guys enough!!!!!

Sent on 05/26/2021
  • Dayren

Dayren · Married on 04/08/2021

Truly Amazing

Steve and Michelle were absolutely a joy to work with. From booking to finish they were great. I can’t possibly say enough positive things about them. I would recommend to anyone who wants a stress free and fabulous day.

Sent on 04/15/2021

Chelsea D. · Married on 04/03/2021

Best Photographer Ever

I had followed Michelle Lawson Photography for a very long time and I knew I wanted them for my wedding, but wow did they exceed my expectations! All of the online reviews are 100% accurate. STEVE LAWSON IS AMAZING! Him and his team made my wedding day. Due to the pandemic, I had to postpone my wedding 3 times so I had the pleasure of working with him for over 2 years and he was so easy to work with! He made a timeline for our wedding day and made sure we stayed on time to get all of the perfect pictures. He stayed with us the entire day from early morning getting ready at the hotel until our sparkler exit after the reception ended. He is so much fun to be around and brought so much energy to the wedding. He was with us every step of the way and I felt so comfortable trusting him to capture all of our special moments. Not only do you get an awesome photographer and beautiful pictures but he helps in so many other ways. Who was there to bustle my dress? Steve. Who was there to put the veil in and out of my hair? Steve. Who helped a bridesmaid with her dress when she had a stain? Steve. All of my guests were asking for his card and some were already married and others not planning to be married any time soon. I highly recommend Michelle Lawson Photography and will definitely be using them again. I can’t thank Steve, Caleb, Adam, and the rest of the crew enough!

Sent on 05/08/2021
  • Stephanie

Stephanie · Married on 03/13/2021

Michelle Lawson Photography are by far the most talented, creative, amazing team of photographers! On my wedding day I can't explain how amazing Rob & the whole team made me, my husband, family and friends feel so comfortable and were able to have so much fun with the pictures! Not only did the team make us feel comfortable they were so confident and made me feel like I had absolutely nothing to worry about! (Brides you know how important that feeling is because planning a wedding is a lot of work) and having an amazing team behind you capturing the best day of your life, who could ask for more!!! I am beyond blown away by the pictures I have seen so far on just my teaser album and can only imagine how amazing the rest of the photos/video will be!!!! Words can't explain how appreciative I am towards Michelle Lawson Photography but all I can say is if you need photographers for a wedding or event they are by far hands down the best!!!!

Sent on 04/13/2016
  • Tori

Tori S. · Married on 02/11/2021

The best of the best!

My husband and I had an amazing experience with Michelle Lawson Photography for our wedding! Steve and his son Caleb were so amazing the day of our wedding! Not only were they constantly shooting photos all day long, they were checking throughout the night to see if we needed anything. They were such a pleasure to work with! Steve is so fun and had us laughing all day long! We just got our photos back, and wow we are just amazed at how beautiful they are! We can't wait to hire them again in the future!

Sent on 03/09/2021

Neal C. · Married on 02/06/2021

Go with Michelle Lawson Photography!!!!

To start off, I want to give a special thanks to Caleb, Chris, and Rob from Michelle Lawson Photography for such an outstanding job! Words are not enough to express how appreciative we are of their hard work and commitment to making our day as special as possible. From helping create the timeline of events, to capturing every moment of our wedding, Michelle Lawson was there every step of the way. Highly communicative, responsive, and focused on you and your day. On the day of our wedding, there was scattered rain throughout our first look time frame. Our two photographers, Caleb and Chris, worked with our video crew to efficiently, effectively, and creatively adapt to the situation and overcome everything that came their way. Throughout the entire day they gave me such assurance that everything was taken care of through their commitment and passion to creating the best lasting memories possible. They went above and beyond in every possible way. In my opinion, what they were able to accomplish will turn out even better than what we originally planned. Rest assured that you will be working with a professional company, with a professional crew. They bring so much energy, experience, and creativity to the table that you will not regret for a second hiring them. They delivered and you can put your full trust and confidence with all of them! My wife and I simply could not be happier that we went with Michelle Lawson Wedding Photography for our wedding this past weekend!

Sent on 02/09/2021
  • Melissa

Melissa E. · Married on 01/01/2021

Amazing Team! Amazing Photos! Highly recommend!

Michelle Lawson Team is amazing!! Steve & Caleb worked my wedding and they went above and beyond the entire day!! They came to my hotel room for getting ready pictures at 11am and stayed throughout the entire night til about 11pm. Caleb even ran to Publix to get a Red Bull for my husband when he asked the venue if they had one (and they didn’t)! Pictures are flawless and I cannot recommend them enough. I will absolutely be using them in the future!

Sent on 02/08/2021
  • Kristen

Kristen B. · Married on 12/20/2020

the BEST decision we made!

I'm not sure I can truly put into words how grateful we are that we hired Michelle Lawson Photography for our wedding.

From the first conversation with Steve, everything clicked. Your photographer is one of the most important decisions to make for your wedding - they are going to be with you for every second of your wedding day - it is beyond important that you love both their photography and their personality.

The photos speak for themselves - they are absolutely beautiful and Steve's "no photo left behind" policy means you're going to get LOTS of them!! We had such a hard time choosing our favorites, because they are all AMAZING! We booked MLP for both our photos and video, and we could not be happier with this decision. Our short film captured the best moments beautifully. We love watching and reliving our special day!

But lets go beyond the photos and video - Steve and his team are THE BEST people to be around for your wedding day! Steve would hold my dress as we walked between photo sites to make sure the train wouldn't get dirty, he fixed my hair when we were shooting offsite and my stylist was not near. They constantly asked if there was anything we needed and made sure the most important day of our life went perfectly smooth! We got married during Covid, so we had a small guest list, and not many people on the dance floor. Who made sure we had a good time dancing the night away? Our photographers and videographers! Thank you so much to Steve, Chris, Zach, and Adam for making sure we enjoyed every minute of our wedding day!! You all are amazing, our pictures are beautiful, and our video leaves us speechless! Cannot say thank you enough to each of you.

Sent on 04/24/2021
  • Lauren

Lauren · Married on 12/05/2020

Holy amazingness!

WOW!!! MLP is hands down the BEST photography company you’ll ever come across!!! From the start, Steve Lawson made us feel super comfortable and always made himself available via phone or zoom if we had any questions at all. His style of photography is so unique and just amazing!! Fast forward to the day of your wedding. JUST WOW!! Him and his assistant was 1000% spectacular!!! They had everyone laughing (they are so personable and funny!) and capturing some awesome photos. Nothing unnatural or awkward posing. Steve has an eye for perfection!!! The entire day him and his assistant were not just photographers, but they were truly guests at our wedding, a forever friend! We absolutely love love love MLP !! We promise you won’t regret choosing them for your next special day :)

Sent on 03/25/2021
  • Desirae

Desirae A. · Married on 11/20/2020

Absolutely amazing!

The team at Michelle Lawson Photography is completely incredible! We hired them for photo & video for our 11.20.2020 wedding & Rob, Adam, Marcie, & Triana could not have done a better job! They truly had our back all day from start to finish & did not skip a beat to capture our perfect day. Rob even carries a secret emergency stash which I needed multiple times (THANK YOU ROB!)! Our family & friends are still talking about their energy & professionalism a week later. I can’t say more about this top notch company & team! We can’t wait to see how our photos & video help us relive the best day ever! Thank you guys SO SO much from the bottom of our hearts! -The Lymbers

Sent on 11/28/2020
  • Ashley

Ashley · Married on 10/30/2020

Amazing Family!!!

We have loved working with Steve and his crew!! They were amazing from day one. They captured us and were there for every second of the day. It was amazing. We also love that they are a family business and use their abilities to support great causes! They became part of the family that day. They paid attention to every detail and listened to all our requests and concerns. Photos came back quick and we have gotten so many compliments on it. Can't wait to see our video!!! Thanks guys!!

Sent on 12/15/2020
  • Lesli

Lesli R. · Married on 10/24/2020

Best Day of Our Life

Rob Wendel was amazing, his energy was contagious. Thank you for making my daughter's special day all the more special. When covid hit we thought her dream wedding would not happen, we had to reschedule, Steve Lawson worked with us and made sure they would be there for our special day!

Sent on 05/26/2021
  • Robyn

Robyn · Married on 10/02/2020

Absolutely AMAZING!

Well, let me rewind about 2 years (fall of 2018) after James and I got engaged and I told him we had 2 photographers I’ve narrowed it down to. Within minutes of sitting down with Steve Lawson we knew who we were going to use for our engagement photos, wedding photos and anything in the future. Our engagement photos were amazing but now had to wait a bit as we wanted a long engagement. Fast Forward to March 2020 (6 weeks before our wedding), the pandemic was hitting full force and we had to pick up and move our wedding. Not only did we move our wedding 3 dates we also picked up and moved it to West Virginia. Steve Lawson made everything so seem less. They picked up with us and we had the pleasure of Steve, Caleb and Jacob joining our family the weekend of October 2, 2020. All of my guests could not stop raving about how amazing they were to be around. They captured everything that weekend and were so lucky to have future shoots booked when we need them! Our photos are completely breathtaking and speak for themselves when people see them but the personality of all three made the weekend better! Thank you Michelle Lawson Photography for capturing our perfect weekend! We love you guys!!

Sent on 11/04/2020

Ashley E. · Married on 09/19/2020

Best Best BEST!!!!!!!!

Honestly the best photographers that you could ever hire for your wedding day!
    Michelle Lawson Photography was so accommodating with me changing my wedding date twice due to COVID.
    I originally was set to work with Steve on my first two dates, he met me at Starbucks and was so sweet.
    He made me feel comfortable and I knew we were in good hands. Now in days it is hard to find a company that offers such great customer service and I really appreciated it throughout my entire experience.
    When my date was moved to September 19,2020 Steve was not available on that date, he introduced me to Rob.
    ROB ROB ROB!
    A true (as he likes to say) ROCKSTAR!
    My wedding day was magical because of Rob’s energy.
    You can tell from all my photos I was just having the time of my life. When we first arrived to The Addison I was running behind and it really did not have me in the best move. It was like the second I saw Rob and Timeline video my mood truly was transformed.
    Everyone was so nice and Rob was so much more then a photographer!
    There were about 500 times he stopped to fix my dress and veil. He stopped in the middle of a picture to lint roll my husbands tux as I was trying to pick off some lint. He re-lit my candles during the reception.
    He danced, he helped me with my shoes. He ran around like a chicken with his head cut off trying to get me every shot I wanted!
    I could genuinely say I am not a easy person to impress and especially as a bride I was not easily appeased but in more ways than one, Rob made my day special and I feel like my wedding day was perfect because of his energy, love and assistance is all things photo and not photo!
    I can’t wait for us to have a baby so I have an excuse to hire him again!
    Rob is a asset to Michelle Lawson Photography and I can’t wait to work with you guys again in the future!

Sent on 09/25/2020
  • Ari

Ari B. · Married on 06/28/2020

Cannot Rave Enough About How Good They Are!!!!

Holy cow, where to begin? In my initial search for a photographer, I came across and called Steve Lawson - our first conversation lasted probably about an hour, and it was great! Steve was down to Earth, fun, knowledgeable, and gave the impression we would have a great time with him around shooting our wedding. Steve immediately went to the top of our list as potential photographers. Having said that, we did ultimately choose a different vendor primarily based off the style of photos they shoot. Then Corona hit. Our other vendor, highly rated and reputable (but unnamed for now), decided to cancel on us 4 days out from the wedding. We were devastated, and scrambling. My first call was to Steve, hoping to salvage our day. Steve called me back within a 10 minute time span, and was our savior. Not only was he available, but he was more than flexible and still happy to join us for the day. My wife and I were ecstatic that not only did we find someone still willing to shoot us, but that it was our top choice. I cannot express how happy and grateful I am that fate made this happen, because we regret not having chosen Steve from the get go. Day of wedding, he and his team were incredible - super professional, fun, great with the family and guests, efficient, and just a blast to have around. They even helped sew my wife's wedding dress when she had a train malfunction! They were prepared for every eventuality, and just the epitome of what we were looking for for our wedding day. All of our family and friends made the same comment, on how impressed they were with the photographers and videoographers, in how well they moved around the party and even how they helped the party keep moving. If you are looking for an event photographer, and found Steve & Michelle, seriously do not look any further! You will be so happy you chose them. Beyond all that, they are also super cool and fun, and a great group of people. Thanks Steve, Rob, Caleb, and Jacob. It was a pleasure meeting you guys and sharing the night with y'all. I appreciate all of your flexibility, advice, and professionalism.

Sent on 06/30/2020
  • Justine

Justine R. · Married on 04/12/2020

Married 12/28/2018

I don't even know where to begin on how amazing our experience with Michelle Lawson photography was. It was everything we could have imagined and more. From Rob making my husband and his groomsmen completely comfortably (which is really hard to get a group of guys to take a single picture let alone a BUNCH of pictures) to making my girls and I feel like we were just hanging out and having fun. I can't even put into words how much it means to us to have had them do this for and to be able to look at these pictures forever and FALL IN LOVE with it all over again.

We will for sure be using them in the future for whatever is to come!!! :)

Love Justine & Joey

Sent on 04/15/2019

Rachel D. · Married on 03/15/2020

Unbelievable!

Steve and his team were unbelievable. After only 5 minutes of photos the morning of the wedding, I knew they were the perfect choice. They are authentic, passionate, and genuinely love what they do. Steve knew the secret spots at our venue that would give us incredible photos throughout the evening. He was so happy all day, it’s clear that he loves what he does- he would even show us some pictures after they were taken because he was so happy with the moments he was capturing. The teaser photos we’ve seen so far are utterly gorgeous, Steve’s personality is truly radiant, and we would highly recommend this group to help capture your most special moments!!

Sent on 03/31/2020
  • Jamie

Jamie · Married on 02/08/2020

10/10 Recommend!

I highly recommend Michelle Lawson Photography! I've had the pleasure working with Robert Wendel he had an amazing vibe with the crowd and take some of the most amazing shots! I enjoy their sense of humor, style, and work ethic at every wedding.

Sent on 04/08/2020
  • Elizabeth

Elizabeth G. · Married on 01/25/2020

Absolutely Amazing!!!

If we could give more than 5 stars, we would!! The day my husband proposed to me, I knew I wanted Michelle Lawson Photography to capture our wedding. It was literally the only requirement I had. It didn’t matter what date we were getting married on, as long as the Michelle Lawson team was there! The day I reached out to Steve, I knew I made the right decision. Steve went through everything with me. What to expect, his backup plans, what was included in the different packages they offer, & the price & payment options, as well. I was so excited that we booked Steve & couldn’t wait to work with him. The day of our wedding, Steve & Caleb met me at the hotel that everyone was getting ready at. They both were aware that the first look, of my now husband & I, would be done as I walked down the isle. They kept this in mind the whole day & had everything planned so that the groomsmen nor my husband would see me, or come anywhere close to where I was. Steve & Caleb shot pictures of my bridesmaids & I getting ready, as well the groomsmen & my husband getting ready. We both quickly realized that we had many things in common with both Caleb & Steve. The entire day, Steve & Caleb kept the mood uplifting & helped everywhere they could. Steve & Caleb got every picture we asked for. After the ceremony, my husband turned to me & said, “Now I completely understand why you had to have Steve & his team be our photographer. I’m so happy we chose them.” The relationship we had with Steve & Caleb on that day, really helped to make the day go smoothly & I have faith that everything was captured, from the beginning of the day, to the very end. We are currently anxiously waiting to receive our photos & cannot wait to see the amazing images that Steve & Caleb captured. Michelle Lawson Photography is truly making weddings great again! Thank you so much Steve & Caleb!!

Sent on 02/06/2020
  • Danielle

Danielle C. · Married on 01/11/2020

Captured all the love, laughs and are totally fun!!

Incredible!!! Highly recommend! You will not regret this decision!! If you’re looking for amazing positive energy this is your team! We had Rob as our main photographer! He rocked every second of our day! Our engagement shoot was just the taste of the fun we were about to have! The MLP team becomes family instantly! I had photo video and Photobooth through them! They quickly become the most talked about vendor of the night because they’re extremely present and catching shots of everything!!!! I cannot wait to see all my pictures and video! This team is super prompt and is very go with the flow and all about what YOU want!!

Sent on 01/27/2020