Michelle Lawson Photography Reviews

238 Reviews for Michelle Lawson Photography

• Justine

Justine Requejo · Getting married on 04/12/2020

Married 12/28/2018

I don't even know where to begin on how amazing our experience with Michelle Lawson photography was. It was everything we could have imagined and more. From Rob making my husband and his groomsmen completely comfortably (which is really hard to get a group of guys to take a single picture let alone a BUNCH of pictures) to making my girls and I feel like we were just hanging out and having fun. I can't even put into words how much it means to us to have had them do this for and to be able to look at these pictures forever and FALL IN LOVE with it all over again.

We will for sure be using them in the future for whatever is to come!!! :)

Love Justine & Joey

Sent on 04/15/2019

Rachel DiCarlo · Married on 03/15/2020

Unbelievable!

Steve and his team were unbelievable. After only 5 minutes of photos the morning of the wedding, I knew they were the perfect choice. They are authentic, passionate, and genuinely love what they do. Steve knew the secret spots at our venue that would give us incredible photos throughout the evening. He was so happy all day, it’s clear that he loves what he does- he would even show us some pictures after they were taken because he was so happy with the moments he was capturing. The teaser photos we’ve seen so far are utterly gorgeous, Steve’s personality is truly radiant, and we would highly recommend this group to help capture your most special moments!!

Sent on 03/31/2020
  • Jamie

Jamie · Married on 02/08/2020

10/10 Recommend!

I highly recommend Michelle Lawson Photography! I've had the pleasure working with Robert Wendel he had an amazing vibe with the crowd and take some of the most amazing shots! I enjoy their sense of humor, style, and work ethic at every wedding.

Sent on 04/08/2020
  • Elizabeth

Elizabeth Glick · Married on 01/25/2020

Absolutely Amazing!!!

If we could give more than 5 stars, we would!! The day my husband proposed to me, I knew I wanted Michelle Lawson Photography to capture our wedding. It was literally the only requirement I had. It didn’t matter what date we were getting married on, as long as the Michelle Lawson team was there! The day I reached out to Steve, I knew I made the right decision. Steve went through everything with me. What to expect, his backup plans, what was included in the different packages they offer, & the price & payment options, as well. I was so excited that we booked Steve & couldn’t wait to work with him. The day of our wedding, Steve & Caleb met me at the hotel that everyone was getting ready at. They both were aware that the first look, of my now husband & I, would be done as I walked down the isle. They kept this in mind the whole day & had everything planned so that the groomsmen nor my husband would see me, or come anywhere close to where I was. Steve & Caleb shot pictures of my bridesmaids & I getting ready, as well the groomsmen & my husband getting ready. We both quickly realized that we had many things in common with both Caleb & Steve. The entire day, Steve & Caleb kept the mood uplifting & helped everywhere they could. Steve & Caleb got every picture we asked for. After the ceremony, my husband turned to me & said, “Now I completely understand why you had to have Steve & his team be our photographer. I’m so happy we chose them.” The relationship we had with Steve & Caleb on that day, really helped to make the day go smoothly & I have faith that everything was captured, from the beginning of the day, to the very end. We are currently anxiously waiting to receive our photos & cannot wait to see the amazing images that Steve & Caleb captured. Michelle Lawson Photography is truly making weddings great again! Thank you so much Steve & Caleb!!

Sent on 02/06/2020
  • Danielle

Danielle Cherrnay · Married on 01/11/2020

Captured all the love, laughs and are totally fun!!

Incredible!!! Highly recommend! You will not regret this decision!! If you’re looking for amazing positive energy this is your team! We had Rob as our main photographer! He rocked every second of our day! Our engagement shoot was just the taste of the fun we were about to have! The MLP team becomes family instantly! I had photo video and Photobooth through them! They quickly become the most talked about vendor of the night because they’re extremely present and catching shots of everything!!!! I cannot wait to see all my pictures and video! This team is super prompt and is very go with the flow and all about what YOU want!!

Sent on 01/27/2020

Andrea Rose · Married on 12/08/2019

Truly made our day extra special!!

Where do I even begin! The energy that Steve Lawson and his team bring to the table is like no other I’ve ever experienced. Our special day was perfect because of your team! The timeline that Steve creates ensures that you capture every moment and more on a stress free schedule, and so so much fun!!! Steve Lawson was the ONLY one who could bustle my dress!! INCREDIBLE!!
    We highly recommend this team for all your pictures and events!!

Sent on 01/13/2020

Jamie · Married on 11/27/2019

Best part of our wedding!

You guys made our day go so smoothly and so much fun! We have used these guys for our engagement photos and for our wedding and we will use for any significant photos in the future! Absolutely amazing and their energy if contagious!!!!!

Sent on 12/14/2019
  • Vicki

Vicki Levy · Married on 11/16/2019

Search done, pick them!

If I could give ten stars to Michelle Lawson Photography I would in a heart beat. Hands down the best vendor choice my husband and I made for our wedding. From the moment they walked in the door on our wedding day I felt a sense of calm knowing they would take care of everything and capture every moment we hoped for. They were incredible during the planning process, and SO MUCH FUN! Not only does the team make sure you look perfect on your day, but they have a blast doing so. They get right in the action (and there was plenty of action during our vibrant hora) and capture every minute without missing a beat. They also had a great turnaround time for the massive amount of pictures they took, and responded within the hour when we had questions. If I had to recommend only one of my vendors to other brides and grooms it would be Michelle Lawson Photography. Loved you guys!!!

Sent on 12/16/2019
  • Anne Marie

Anne Marie · Married on 11/09/2019

Wedding photography/videography

I couldn’t recommend Michelle Lawson Wedding Photography enough! As I started to plan the wedding, the most important thing for me was to find an amazing photography/videography team and I am so thankful that I found Steve and his crew. Not only were they super professional the entire process but they made my big day stress free and so much fun! Pictures (in my opinion) felt like they would be the most stressful thing on our wedding day - constantly making sure there was enough time, making sure we got everyone in the photos that we needed, etc. and Steve and his team made sure everything ran smoothly and went above and beyond all expectations. He even went as far as helping me bustle my dress to make sure we were on time! I cannot be more grateful for Michelle Lawson Photography and how comfortable and relaxed they made me feel on my wedding day so I could truly celebrate my marriage and take in the whole experience! I cannot sing their praises enough.

Sent on 11/13/2019

Alexa Gonzalez · Married on 10/26/2019

Amazing Experience!

I first discovered Michelle Lawson Photography on Facebook after a mutual friend of mine posted the pictures from her wedding. Every picture was beautiful and natural looking, versus so many other photographers I have seen in the past. Fast forward a couple months to picking our wedding venue and we were given a preferred vendor list. There were only four photographers or so on the list, but I noticed Michelle Lawson immediately and didn’t think twice. They truly were the best choice we could have made for our wedding. You can tell immediately how experienced Steve and his entire team are from the minute they arrive. They know exactly when and where you need to be to get things done as quick as possible, and we had so much fun along the way. The whole team is hilarious to be around, and even my husband who absolutely hates taking pictures said he actually had fun doing it. I would highly recommend Michelle Lawson photography for any event. We will definitely be using them again in the future!

Sent on 11/10/2019
  • Melissa

Melissa Constance · Married on 10/26/2019

Best photographer ever!!

It's hard to put into words the gratitude my husband and I have for Rob and the Michelle Lawson Photography team. Hiring them for our wedding was hands down the best decision we made in regards to our wedding. From the first minute on the phone with Rob during our initial consultation we knew we wanted him as our photographer. He feels like an instant best friend! We did an engagement shoot with him prior to the wedding and it was so much fun people were actually coming up to him asking for his card because he radiates so much joy and he brings that out in your photos! On the wedding day Rob and Marci showed up at 6am beaming with energy (I seriously don't know how they do it) that lasted ALL DAY! Rob kept me calm and excited and made sure everything ran smoothly. He was also the hit of our wedding! Our guests could not stop talking about how much fun he was and thought he was a family friend we had known forever! He seriously feels like family! He also stayed with us all day. We had a morning wedding and an after party that went well into the night and he was there taking amazing pictures and capturing our memories all day. When we got our pictures back it made me so emotional seeing how he captured our day with so much love and joy! Seriously I cannot say enough positive things about our experience with Rob and Michelle Lawson photography!

Sent on 12/30/2019
  • Colleen

Colleen Rodriguez · Married on 10/19/2019

Wow, wow, wow

Michelle Lawson Photography did our photos and video for our wedding and all we can say is WOW. Steve, Adam, Rob and Caleb were top notch from beginning to end, particularly considering it was record breaking heat on that day and the entire event was outdoors! They beautifully captured every single moment with such ease and professionalism and were so warm and genuine with not just the two of, us but all of our all of our guests. The photos and video we received are simply amazing and far exceeded our expectations! I highly recommend Michelle Lawson Photography. We will certainly use them again for our future photography needs.

Sent on 11/24/2019
  • Sarah

Sarah · Married on 10/12/2019

Amazing Experience, Amazing People!

All I can say is WOW. From the very beginning, Michelle Lawson Photography was AMAZING. From our photographer, Rob, and his assistance, Marcie, to the on-point communication from everyone, our pictures went off without a hitch.

On our wedding day, Rob and Marcie came in as two amazing, positive human beings who were ready to have fun! If I had to sum them up in three words: prepared, punctual, and positive. Although I had spoken with Rob a few times before, his excitement for my wedding made me feel like the most special bride in the world. Rob was very detailed and helped me (probably the most awkward person ever) capture amazing photos that I will have forever! He was with us from 12:00 PM to a little after 12:00 AM and I swear, I have no idea how he did it, but his energy was radiating literally all night. From the very beginning to the very end, MLP and Rob were so helpful, accommodating, and I literally cannot help but sing their praises.

If you're still deciding on your photographer, go with Michelle Lawson Photography. You will not be disappointed.

Sent on 11/01/2019

Shannon R · Married on 10/06/2019

The best in the business!

I wish I could give more than 5 stars because they deserve it! Steve and his whole team were so awesome and we could not be happier. They were so professional in every aspect and they were so fun to hang out with for the day! We love how our pictures came out and how quickly we received them! We were on the fence about adding the videography, ultimately deciding to add it and let me just say we are SO happy we did! If anyone is unsure whether or not to add video...DO IT. You will be so happy you did, MLP did such an amazing job with ours! For anyone still looking for a photographer/videographer, look no further! Michelle Lawson Photography is the way to go!

Sent on 11/02/2019
  • Joenny

Joenny · Married on 09/28/2019

Amazing vendor! Great staff!

We worked with Rob for our engagement pictures. He is absolutely phenomenal! Was able to understand us and just clicked with both of us. Another thing to note, we are a gay couple, and he made us feel absolutely wonderful. Never an awkward moment! The opposite! He has been extremely supportive and responsive. Not to mention, the pictures came out perfect!

Sent on 06/08/2019
  • Private User

Tatiana · Married on 09/08/2019

Above and beyond photography!

Rob Wendel was incredible from start to finish!!! From meeting at Starbucks 2 weeks prior and making our wedding day "timeline", to being always available and answering every little question/concern I had before the big day!
    Rob's energy and enthusiasm on the big day was the best! We had a blast with him!! And just about everyone commented later... Wow! Your photographer was fantastic, I can't wait to see those photos!
    And YES, he also saved the day and served as a seamstress because my maid of honor had a dress malfunction before leaving for the ceremony! He was on point and ready for anything!
    Our day was absolutely perfect and a big part is thanks to Rob! I can't wait to work with them again in the future (thinking about a 1 year anniversary shoot!!! :))

Sent on 09/12/2019
  • Linzie

Linzie stahl · Married on 09/06/2019

Wedding photos - AMAZING

Rob from Michelle lawson was hands down the best choice we made for our wedding. Rob’s personality paired with his photography skills, made everything turn out perfect. From the minute we spoke on the phone, I knew my husband and I wanted him as our photographer. He absolutely did not disappoint. As someone that is very hard on themselves when it comes to seeing photos of myself. I have nothing negative to say about the photos. He made myself, my groom, our wedding party, and our family feel so comfortable on a very stressful day. 10/10 would recommend Michelle lawson photography. His work was amazing!

Sent on 10/27/2019
  • Elana

Elana Washburn · Married on 08/15/2019

Wonderful!

Steve Lawson and his team are A+. We loved working with them and our wedding pictures are exquisite. Great vendor- professional, responsive and made the whole experience wonderful in every way. You will not be disappointed!

Sent on 08/15/2019
  • Nervys

Nervys Lugo · Married on 07/07/2019

Best photographer there is!

WOW! Where to begin?!
    Michelle Lawson Photography is a THE go to for any special event.
    I found them through Instagram before I was even engaged and I knew from looking at their work that when my wedding came that I wanted to hire them.
    They not only have AMAZING personalities but are sooooo talented !
    Their work really is something special!

We did our engagement pictures with Rob from Michelle Lawson Photography and had such an incredible experience.
    Rob is super detailed, funny and nice!
    We even took our dog to the shoot with us and he was so good with her !
    I was so nervous about taking pictures and Rob made us feel so comfortable that it was a breeze!
    Well the experience with the engagement shoot was soooo amazing that we decided we HAD to book them for our wedding.

For those who are on a budget with their event or wedding I promise it is worth every penny.
    You are keeping these pictures forever this will be your memory and the decorations in your home.
    You want the best quality, you do not want to look back and regret it.
    Unfortunately I went through that with my Quincenera and I made sure not to make that mistake again.
    We were also on a budget and we made sure to just pray and save up and at the end of the day were able to hire them for our Wedding.
    10/10 !!!!

Sent on 08/21/2019
  • Jonathan

Jonathan Nervys Padilla · Married on 07/07/2019

Must have for your wedding day!

Trust me when I say you NEED to hire Michelle Lawson Photography for your Wedding Day!
    We had the pleasure of working with Rob Wendel from Michelle Lawson Photography for our Engagement Pictures and he was so amazing we had to hire him for our Wedding Day!
    Rob is not only an incredibly talented photographer but ALSO your wedding planner, maid of honor, mom, dad, tailor, seamstress whatever you need he is.
    Even what you do not think you need but actually do need that is Rob LOL.
    His personality is awesome! Super funny, patient, detailed and professional.
    Before your big day he goes over everything any questions you have or concerns.
    He even helps you create a to do list of must have pictures etc.
    Super understanding and coming from a blended family it can get confusing but Rob had it under control.
    He carried a sewing kit, hair pins etc. Which he used to save the day not once but twice when my dress broke.
    I purchased the Unlimited Package, I 100% recommend it!
    Rob and his partner were at our hotel since the morning and captured incredible shots of my husband and his groomsmen and my bridesmaids and I.
    We also shared a First Look with my Dad and a First Look with my Husband.
    The ceremony they captured both views of the Bride and Groom.
    For the formal pictures I had a big court and an even bigger family but Rob helped us capture everything I wanted.
    We then partied all night where they definitely captured all the fun.
    Looking back at all the pictures I could not be any happier.
    The wedding day can be a little stressful and overwhelming but Rob helped me keep my cool and made sure everything was in order.
    So grateful !!!!
    EVERYONE was absolutely blown away by how incredible they were.
    BEST PHOTOGRAPHER OUT THERE!
    If you have not booked them already for you special event TRUST ME do it you will not regret it!
    This is the biggest day of your life you want to capture this the right way!

Sent on 08/21/2019

Seth Baklor · Married on 06/16/2019

Tons of Positive Fun Energy (and Amazing Photos)

Steve and his entire team could not have possibly brought any more positive energy to the event. Everyone who came to our wedding has told us "your photographers were amazing." The team was a ton of fun to work with and the preview photos he's sent (couple weeks to wait for the full download) were all incredible. Absolutely the best photos of ourselves we have ever had. My only note is that you definitely get what you pay for (bit expensive), but I would not hesitate to choose them again.

Sent on 07/02/2019

Regina · Married on 05/26/2019

Best Decision We Made for our Wedding!

My husband and I credit Michelle Lawson Photography to making our wedding as perfect as could be. Leading up to our wedding, Steve was always available for a phone call and to lend advice. He helped us with our timeline, shoot locations and navigating shots with our unique family dynamics. On the day of the wedding, Steve and Chris were professional, prepared, efficient and energetic. Even though I had a big wedding party (10 groomsmen + 10 bridesmaids), Steve was able to direct and capture every shot we wanted from our getting-ready shots, first looks and shots at the venue. Steve helped keep us on-time and has a roll-up-the-sleeves attitude - even helping with my difficult bustle and toweling my husband's head as he sweat from the hot florida sun! Some of our highlights of the night include: as our guests were enjoying the first course of dinner, Steve noticed a perfect sunset and brought us outside to take breathtaking silhouette shots of me and by husband. This allowed us to not only take our favorite shots of the night, but also provided us 5 minutes of relief of an action-packed day and we shared some laughs with Steve and Chris. During our dance party, Steve briefly gave my husband his camera, hat and vest to capture some moments of our guests partying on the dance floor (which was hilarious as they realized it was the groom disguised as Steve taking photos of them)! By the end of the night, it felt like Steve was part of our family! Steve shared around 50 unbelievable photos with us from the day at the end of the night which allowed us to post to our social media accounts right away! In conclusion, if you are in need of a photographer - book Michelle Lawson Photography for your event - it will be the best decision you have ever made!

Sent on 06/02/2019

Anahita · Married on 03/30/2019

The best!!!

Hands down, the absolute BEST wedding decision I made during my entire year of wedding planning was hiring Steve and the Michelle Lawson photography/videography team.
    They not only take absolutely the most breathtaking pictures and videos, but they go above and beyond to make sure the bride, groom, and the bridal party have a blast. It is easy to tell they love what they do and they really care about their clients! They made our wedding day SO MUCH more fun and smooth.
    They are the combination of top notch experience, professionalism, and friendliness all together.
    Definitely keeping them around for our important life photoshoots in the future.

Sent on 04/03/2019
  • Dana

Dana · Married on 03/16/2019

Hire them!

Michele Lawson
    I cannot say enough wonderful things about rob. When I was trying to pick a photographer, I knew it was probably one of the most important vendors for our big day. My one friend selected a photographer and they did a terrible job and she really didn’t like her photos. She told me to look long and hard and do my research so that I didn’t make the same mistake she did. When I found Michele Lawson, they were recommended by multiple venue sights. I looked at their worked and loved what I saw. We hired rob to do our engagement photos. We did it at two locations, and even incorporated our dog. I was not at the weight I wanted to be at taking pictures, but they still came out amazing. Rob was helpful throughout the whole wedding process and answered all my questions with ease. He generated a timeline for the day of and it went smoothly. He arrived early, made everyone everyone feel comfortable and laughing throughout the day. Many people on the day of my wedding complimented the photographers. They said they did an amazing job without getting in anybody’s way or being too meddling. I haven’t gotten the photos back yet because our wedding was quite recent, but I am confident that they will be amazing! The only thing you will have when your wedding is over is pictures and memories- make a good choice!

Sent on 03/30/2019

Erica · Married on 03/09/2019

Most amazing team!

Rob was an absolute "rockstar"! He has a very special gift of taking the awkwardness of taking intimate photos and making it feel natural. We were surrounded by a ton of people while taking our engagement photos and he made us feel like we were the only ones there. Not to mention, he will do ANYTHING to get the perfect angle for a photo! On our wedding day, Rob was not only a rockstar but a superhero as well. He really took all of the stress and pressure off of us to where we could really enjoy ourselves. There came a time when Rob was called to a task that wasn't photography (sewing a hole in the groom's pants) and he delivered. He thinks quickly on his feet about a different place or pose for a picture. Rob's outgoing personality is an instant mood changer. His video crew was amazing as well! I wish I could give Rob and the whole Michelle Lawson Photography and Videography team 100 stars. They are AMAZING. I would hire Michelle Lawson Photography for ANYTHING.

Sent on 04/01/2019