Michele Bernard Reviews

Michele Bernard 6
Michele Bernard 7

Christine · Married on 12/31/2007

3.5

Michele completely blew me away with her flowers. She went above and beyond for me. When she found that she could get more flowers for my money then she thought, she bought them instead of pocketing the extra. Everything was exactly what I wanted.

Sent on 05/10/2008

Christine · Married on 10/07/2018

Wonderful work!

I found out about Michele through my venue, as she was the preferred florist. Michele did a fantastic job! She did all of my bouquets and boutonnieres, an arch and flowers for the ceremony, centerpieces, table numbers, and escort cards. Michele is very talented and creative. I didn't have specific flowers or center pieces in mind, but I did tell Michele what colors I wanted to use and mentioned that I wanted to use lanterns as part of the centerpieces. Michele did her thing and everything she created was beautiful! Michele is very personable and professional, however at times her responsiveness was a bit delayed. Typically, something like that would bother me, but because of all the positive reviews and amazing pictures of her work, I knew I was in good hands. Michele did not disappoint on my wedding day and I would highly recommend her to anyone getting married!

Sent on 10/20/2018

Alison · Married on 10/29/2016

3.5

Michele was the in-house florist for my reception venue (the Publick House). This was a major reason why I decided to go with her, as she was really knowledgable about the site and made sure everything was put together on the day of. My mom put together dried flower and lantern centerpieces, so we did not need Michele to do centerpieces. She did the bridal bouquet, the bridesmaids' bouquets, corsages for the moms and my grandma, and fresh flowers for the cake. (Michele brought an extra corsage, which was a nice touch.) She also supplied two small arrangements for the escort card table and the women's restroom for free, which was great. All of the flowers were beautiful, and we worked together to decide what would look best.

The last couple of months before the wedding, Michele was very responsive via text. We met twice during this time, once in Cambridge (near where I live) and once at the venue so that I could see the exact color of the flowers she would be using. Both of these meetings were really helpful, and put my mind at ease. In the months between when I first signed the contract with Michele and when we met again, I had a very difficult time getting in touch with her. She was moving, but I tried calling, emailing, and texting several times without receiving a response. I was very discouraged by this, and pretty stressed out, because I felt helpless. Luckily, she was super attentive when it really mattered, and the end results were great. I just wish I had had a better sense at the beginning what the communication would be like (and that it would all work out in the end!).

Thanks, Michele, for the beautiful flowers!

Sent on 03/08/2017

Maureen · Married on 07/09/2016

We had a great experience working with Michele for our wedding at the Publick House Historic Inn. We gave a budget and preferred colors and she did the rest with outstanding results. We highly recommend her for weddings or other events.

Sent on 08/07/2016

3.0

Michele was the florist for my April 2016 wedding in downtown Boston. She was able to work with my budget and deliver exactly what I wanted. She did an amazing job - everything looked so beautiful at the wedding and exactly how I imagined! The bouquets, corsages, and boutonnieres looked perfect and were all delivered early in the day, when promised, to the hotel where we were getting ready. The floral arrangements for the ceremony, cocktail hour and reception were perfect and transformed the whole look and feel of the venue. Thank you, Michele for making our day so perfect!

Sent on 05/12/2016

3.0

We loved Michele! The flower arrangements she provided were simply gorgeous, and all of the little "extras" she threw in really helped to tie everything together. The quality in what she provided was exceptional, and for such a reasonable price! The only comment I have is that she can be unresponsive via email, but she more than makes up for it in person and on the wedding day!

Sent on 10/08/2012
  • Natalie

Natalie · Married on 06/16/2012

Michele was so helpful in taking my vision for our wedding and knowing what needed to be done to make the whole ceremony and reception area beautiful. She made the the most gorgeouse centerpieces for us! She really knows her flowers.

Sent on 07/10/2012

Erin · Married on 09/24/2011

3.0

I really enjoyed working with Michele. I went in with a vision of what I wanted for flowers and she ran with my thoughts and the final product was above and beyond what i had originally envisioned. Her attention to detail, and knowledge of the subject at hand are incredible. Even though my wedding was out in Sturbridge MA, she was willing to meet with me when business brought her to the Boston area. In our first meeting, I showed her a picture of my dress, the color of my girl's dresses, and some inspiration photos I had pulled out of various magazines. At our second meeting she showed up with sample flowers, so I could actually see what I would be getting, and we pulled it all together with just a few phone calls towards the end. I will admit that I did have to dig deep for patients sometimes, as she is quite the busy florist, but in the end my patients payed off and I was so thrilled with the end result!!!

Sent on 01/21/2012

Mallory · Married on 05/23/2009

Beautiful flowers! Michele is excellent at what she does, though very popular. My only complaint would be that I would have liked more time face-to-face but the flowers were stunning.

Sent on 06/23/2009

Amy · Married on 10/27/2017

3.5

Absolutely beautiful flowers. Michele definitely went above and beyond

Sent on 11/10/2017

Lisa · Married on 01/09/2011

3.0

Bridal party flowers and centerpieces looked perfect.

Sent on 02/10/2011

Eliza · Married on 08/14/2009

3.5

Michele's work is unbelievable... my flowers were perfect! I even had made some of my own centerpieces and in the end needed help with them and she stepped in and took over and made them even more beautiful! My only complaint is she doesnt respond in a timely manner- she is a one women show and VERY busy, and for someone like me that is ultra organized it was difficult waiting a week or maybe more before a reply. But, in the end, (we did spend a lot) everything was great and i would recommend her to anyone!

Sent on 08/27/2009

Tiffany · Married on 05/15/2015

3.0

Absolutely loved working with Mechele!!! She answered every silly question at any hour of the day or night! Giving that I really had no vision for flowers she was tons of help. We met with her three times before the wedding to nail down every detail and I did a phone consult with her the day before. We almost completely scrapped our initial plans at our second meeting and she was so patient with us. She was really amazing about helping us stick to our budget too! The flowers were wonderful the day of our wedding! They lived for almost two weeks after our wedding! She made things very easy and met with us at our venue when it was convenient for us and delivered them the morning of as well as helped the venue set up the decor. She offered ideas for the cake and gift table it was truly wonderful working with her!

Sent on 07/20/2015

Carolyn · Married on 01/06/2013

2.0

I cannot say enough about the flowers and decorations Michele gave me for my wedding. Everything was above and beyond what i was expecting. Michele took my ideas and ran with them, adding little details that i really wasn't expecting.
    I was nervous that i hadn't given Michele enough information on what I wanted, but everything came out exactly how I saw it in my head and so much better.
    I had contacted Michele a year before my wedding - her response time is not great, but in the end it really doesn't matter becuase her work is unbeleivable.

Sent on 01/21/2013

Elena · Married on 02/27/2016

4.2
      3.0

Michele Bernard does a beautiful job for florals for a wedding! We had a winter wedding in February at the Publick House Historic Inn in Sturbridge and we wanted flowers that really brightened everything but still held true to our winter theme. Michele created beautiful bouquets of white hydrangeas, winter greens and branches with pops of icy gray and blue. They weren't exactly what I wanted in terms of the photos I sent her but they were still beautiful. She went above and beyond on the alter with gorgeous urns and tall flowers. The tulle and lighting under our head table was stunning! Though Michele did a gorgeous job and threw in some extra things for us, a few things I asked for weren't done, specifically a floral arrangement on our place card table, which left the table a little more bare than I had hoped for. There was also supposed to be rose petals on our isle and there wasn't. These are small details that didn't matter much in the end though. I will say, when planning a wedding, email is the way everyone communicates and Michele practically doesn't use it. I sent emails and never heard back, but she does answer the phone quickly so that is the best way to reach her. It's tough on people who work full time and can't make phone calls during the day at work.. In all though, a very positive experience and I am happy I hired her!

Sent on 03/14/2016

4.2
      2.0

The first time we met with Michele I knew immediately we had to book with her. She is so knowledgable and willing to help with absolutely anything. She made it so easy to get everything squared away and the flowers were stunning! I will say Michele was difficult to get a hold of, but she totally came through and got everything done in a timely manner.

Sent on 10/22/2015

Mary · Married on 10/08/2017

3.0

I love the fall flowers Michele put together for our wedding at The Red Barn! She totally understood my vision of orange gerber daisies with pops of sunflowers and baby's breath. She even had 2 options for the flower girl when she arrived to the venue, petals to toss and a mini bouquet, one for photos and one for the ceremony. So happy we went with Michele!

Sent on 07/09/2018
    Michele Bernard 8
    Michele Bernard 9

Melissa · Married on 04/14/2012

3.5

This was a second marriage for me so I wasn't all that particular about the flowers. If this has been my first marriage I would have been a little disappointed. I had sent an e-mail making flower changes a week or so prior to the event but never received a response. The florist then didn't recall getting my email. Needless to say, the changes didn't happen. The flowers were fresh upon arrival. The table settings were gorgeous. They were exactly what I was hoping for and the flowers were very fresh and lasted a while. My bouquet is drying very nicely. I would still recommend this vendor but suggest that you do a little research in advance and have a good idea of what you want when you meet with her the first time. I didn't do this so I wasn't really prepared to make the decisions.

Sent on 04/23/2012

3.5

Michele came recommended through my venue based on the general look I was going for, and I was so excited when I met her because she really nailed my "vision". During our first conversation, it felt like she was reading my mind which was so important. And I have to say that her end result was pretty close to that vision which I was happy about and often, is what is most important.

However working with Michele proved a bit challenging at times - she wasn't the best at responding, and it seemed as though I was managing her versus the other way around to set up check ins, make sure we were still on to meet, and following up to get notes from our meetings. While I am a very organized bride, I would recommend to brides working with Michele to make personal notes or calendar invites to follow up in case seasons get busy.

Michele's end result flowers were exceptional, however I would recommend to brides to make sure to align on exact expectations during every meeting as some hidden costs seemed to creep up during subsequent conversations, despite perceived alignment on upfront vision. She did seem to go out of her way to provide added value benefits such as bathroom arrangements and ceremony petals which was amazing, however costs during most meetings seemed to go up and up despite trying to offset these costs by purchasing many materials myself.

Michele does however have great vision and takes great pride in her work! She was extremely flexible and could meet us anywhere and everywhere which was very nice. She really is very talented at what she does and produced great quality product which had many of our guest commenting - and despite some hiccups during the process, the final product really is what matters in the end!

Sent on 02/10/2016

Meghan · Married on 09/26/2009

Michele is very talented and her designs are original and beautiful. Michele does not have a storefront, but she does travel all over. Michele has a policy that all design conversations must be made in person, but she is flexible with meeting you at any location. We felt her prices were very reasonable for the quality of her work. I left most of the design up to Michele, so we really didn’t have any idea what the flowers were going to look like. I was pleasantly surprised with my gorgeous bouquet, ceremony flowers, and centerpieces. My only major complaint was with the table runners she provided us. At our final meeting we showed Michele a swatch of the ribbon we were using on the cake, menu cards, and glass votives. She came up with the idea of incorporating table runners in the same color. At her suggestion, we had to change our upgraded linens to plain ivory tablecloths in order not to compete with the table runners. On the day of the wedding, I was disappointed to see her table runners were just (at most) 3” wide ribbon. It was a bummer because we had to change to the plain ivory tablecloths, and a single strip of ribbon across them just looked silly. Overall, we enjoyed working with Michele and we were happy with our flowers, but I will admit that she set really high expectations for us and we felt like she didn’t live up to them 100%.

Sent on 07/09/2010

Lucy · Married on 06/09/2018

3.2
      2.5
      3.0

I am sad to report that overall I am simply ok with the display of my wedding flowers and decor. The way everything was described was not what I saw when I walked in for my ceremony and reception. It was pretty but my impression was underwhelming, surprising even. It just didn’t meet the expectations set. From other pictures I’ve seen of Michele’s work it’s all beautiful ... perhaps she had to much to get ready for in June. There were also a couple of things I thought we were getting that were not delivered.

Sent on 08/03/2018

Kaila · Married on 09/05/2009

3.2
      3.0

In the beginning things ran fairly smooth for us but towards the wedding day the only stress I had was with the flowers. We were on two different pages of what I wanted and I did not see a sample until exactly a week and a half before my wedding date and it looked nothing like what we had previously discussed. In that I was disappointed, however, she did deliver on the day of the wedding and everything came out beautifully. She did end up going above and beyond and I am happy to say that we did not have any issues the day of the wedding. To do it over again I would go with Michele based soley on her quality of work.

Sent on 09/22/2009

2.8
      1.5
      2.0

The flowers were beautiful but Michele's communication was very poor. She was slow to respond or did not respond at all and said that we need to harass her when she doesn't write back to emails/call back. Overall this left us feeling that Michele is very unprofessional.

Sent on 06/12/2016

Cay · Married on 01/22/2012

2.6
      2.5
      3.0

After months of research and a stack of glowing reviews, I thought myself safe with choosing Michele. Initially, our meeting went well and I thought we communicated with each other very clearly. She said that our budget was fine for what I requested, and that she understood my vision for the centerpieces, bouts, decor, etc.

At our final meeting, we again seemed to be on the same page. She confirmed everything we'd previously discussed, which included extremely specific requests: absolutely NOTHING RED, white chiffon draping over and covering the doors that were the backdrop to our ceremony, candles of varied heights throughout the centerpieces.

On the wedding day, those three requests were not honored. My spray (pinned to the muff I carried) had red berries. The bouts and corsages had red berries. The card table and ladies' restroom had red poinsettias. There was zero draping in front of the ceremony doors -- they were completely bare and had fingerprints all over that are visible in our pictures. And while the content of the centerpieces were fine, there were only one or two other candles of the same height, not scattered at different heights. I was heartbroken.

I have been too upset by this to contact Michele myself, so my mother (who was outraged) communicated with her and received a 10% refund. Neither my mother nor I am satisfied with this, but realistically we understand that there is little else Michele can do at this point.

Looking back at my photos of a day I worked on for 20 months, I still have to contain my disappointment (and some tears). I never expected such blatant disregard for a bride's requests, and will not recommend Michele to other brides following this experience.

Sent on 06/04/2012
  • Dominique

Dominique · Married on 10/03/2009

2.4
      2.0

My husband and I met Michelle and liked her a lot. The many, many photos she brought with her of her work were so beautiful and she was really able to expertly capture my thoughts and design the bouquets and arrangements around them. The one thing that threw us off a litte at this meeting was that when asked what our budget was we told her and she said that was absolutely no problem, she could stay within that. But by the end of the appointment she presented us with a quote that was around $600 more than our budget. We kindly pointed this out and she said that this is just a work in progress and it can always be adjusted down. We didn't think too much of this and in the end decided to hire her.

Before signing the contract with her we found Michelle to be super responsive. We loved this about her and felt comfortable that she was making us a priority. However, once we signed the contract she became very, very hard to get in touch with. I didn't care all that much at the beginning as I would email her occasionally with little questions and I understood that perhaps she had bigger fish to fry. While admitting that this would not be the way I would conduct business with clients, I simply was just trying to give her the benefit of the doubt.

Several months later it came time to finalize details with her. During this appointment there were a few things that rubbed us the wrong way. First, the laptop she was using to record the notes from our meeting had an external drive plugged into it, where the info was being stored. It bounced around clumsily all through the meeting (see more below on this). The next thing that bothered us is that she once again "forgot" what our budget was, even though we mentioned it again, and kept pushing the more expensive flowers. In the end we negotiated and both sides were happy.

A week or so later I get a phone call/email from her saying that she had had an accident with her external hardrive and all of our information had been lost. She asked if we could meet again to go over the details. At this point we had so much going on w/ the planning but I took a deep breath and agreed to redo the meeting. She specified when I could get in touch with her and several times when I tried to call her she was unavailable. We played some phone tag until the calls from her end stopped altogether. At one point I think I had called and emailed at least 6 times with no communication from her at all. FINALLY she catches up with my husband and I as we are in the car running errands. We had to start from scratch which wouldn't have been a huge problem, except that she had forgotten everything we negotiated on in our last meeting and once again was pushing the more expensive options. And because I was in the car I didn't have anything in front of me to look at and even I couldn't recall all the details from our last meeting. After some back and forth we finalized the details and pricing and she sent the final invoice. 2 big problems. One, the center pieces she billed us were $15 more each than she said they would be and two, she credited us for a deposit that was $200 less than what we paid. We got this squared away with her as soon as we could but instead of admitting her mistakes she continued to claim the invoice was a work in progress. At this point it was supposed to be finalized, so it seemed she was just making excuses.

At the end of it all the flowers were delivered to all locations she promised on time and they were stunningly beautiful. However, we went through so much frustration with trying to get in touch with her and getting her to get the details right that we wish we would have gone another route.

Sent on 03/04/2010

Michele Bernard's reply:

In response to the above review.... The unique way I provide service to my brides is to meet with them where it convenient for time and location for the bride. This means I am on the road constantly from early in the AM til as late as 10 pm. I meet with my brides as often as needed. Not many designers meet clients thru out Boston at venues late into the evening as I do at no charge to the client... By doing this, it makes the process easier for the bride, but does limit my office time. I tell all my clients it can take several days for me to respond to your email or voicemail...

My computer hardrive did in fact crash and I was completely forthright with this information. This as well as 2 others were not saved in the most updated format. Unfortunately it happened with this client.

I am happy the bride was happy with our product, I remember distinctly how happy the bride , her Mother and bridesmaids were with your flowers on that day as I stayed at the Hotel to make sure all details were perfect.