Michaleen's Florist and Garden Center Reviews

Michaleen's Florist and Garden Center 6
Michaleen's Florist and Garden Center 7

Ashley · Married on 05/18/2019

My wedding May 18 2019

Mickey is amazing!! Everything that I wanted that I told her I had a vision for she made happen. She is very good at what she does and very good at making your dreams a reality. I highly recommend this florist to anyone looking for an amazing florist.

Sent on 05/20/2019
  • Erika

Erika · Married on 10/20/2018

Best florist in the Ithaca area!

I cannot say enough about how thrilled we were with the flowers for our wedding! They were even more beautiful and creative than I’d enivisioned them! Michaleen and her staff were so easy to work with and accommodating. We met with her for all of 20 minutes, I explained what I wanted and she made magic. So many of our guests commented on the bouquets. I highly recommend Michaleen’s!

Sent on 11/02/2018
    Michaleen's Florist and Garden Center 8
    Michaleen's Florist and Garden Center 9
    Michaleen's Florist and Garden Center 10
    Michaleen's Florist and Garden Center 11
    Michaleen's Florist and Garden Center 12
    Michaleen's Florist and Garden Center 13

Michaleen's Florist and Garden Center's reply:

thank you for the wonderful review and for sharing your pictures. So glad that you liked everything.
    Much Happiness and all the best!

kaelyn · Married on 07/14/2018

Michaleen was amazing and so easy to work with! I simply showed her pictures and told her ideas and she made my vision come to life. She was so great with any last minute changes or add on's. She delivered quality arrangements that lasted through an entire, hot July day. Michaleen was also, by far, the most reasonable and affordable florist I found in the area without sacrificing any quality. We loved working with her and highly recommend!

Sent on 08/06/2018

Solara · Married on 06/16/2018

Working with Michaleen as our wedding florist was such a pleasure and a joy. I was not able to meet her in person until a few days before the wedding but she was always available, quick to respond, helpful, professional, personable and thoughtful through our months of planning by email and phone. She listened closely to all of my requests, elevated my ideas to the next level and produced the most stunning floral arrangements. Everything was absolutely perfect on the wedding day - from the bouquets to the chuppah decoration to the types of vases I asked for. She and her team worked so hard to bring together all of the varieties and colors of flowers I requested. The flowers made me smile ear to ear throughout the whole wedding day and now when I look at pictures. I appreciate greatly that on the day of the wedding her set-up timing was perfect and that I didn’t have to worry at all about anything; she was prepared and capable and needed no instructions/direction. I also am so grateful that she was able to work within my budget and still created the flower arrangements of my dreams! Thank you so much, Michaleen!

Sent on 06/26/2018
    Michaleen's Florist and Garden Center 14
    Michaleen's Florist and Garden Center 15
    Michaleen's Florist and Garden Center 16
    Michaleen's Florist and Garden Center 17
    Michaleen's Florist and Garden Center 18

Mai · Married on 06/02/2018

We used Michaeleen's for our wedding ceremony and reception flowers and we are so happy we did! Mickey takes so much pride in all of her work and clearly wants every bride to feel special. We had our first planning meeting 18 months ahead of the wedding given we only had a few availabilities to visit the area before the big day. Mickey took amazing notes and clearly understood everything we are looking for. We didn’t speak again until 4 months before the wedding where Mickey remembered every detail I was looking for from the coral in the bridesmaids bouquets, to the highs on the table decor and everything in between. Micky and my planner (Terra Rosa) ended up spending two days setting up the greenery/florals for the big day! Everything looked amazing, brighter, fresher and more perfect than I could have imagined. Every single flower was clearly chosen to make an impact and look fresher than that last. Thank you Mickey for all your beautiful work!! You absolutely transformed my wedding reception site! Thank you!!!!

Sent on 07/21/2018
    Michaleen's Florist and Garden Center 26
    Michaleen's Florist and Garden Center 27
    Michaleen's Florist and Garden Center 28

Carley · Married on 10/07/2017

Michaleen went above and beyond to create the flowers of my dreams for my wedding and I could not be more happy with the results. Michaleen was actually the florist at my parents' wedding nearly 27 years ago and she so impressed them that they continued ordering flowers from her anytime they needed to send them to anyone in the area for years - so Michaleen was the natural choice for my wedding as well! She did an absolutely spectacular job. As my plan for the decor changed several times along the way she was able to make changes and handle everything so professionally and provide such unique and original ideas throughout the process. I also had some very specific ideas about a flower crown, which she was able to totally accommodate and I could not have been happier with how this important piece turned out (see picture below). Again, I could not be happier with my flowers and with the overall experience of working with her; she is the absolute best in the Finger Lakes region and will not disappoint!

Sent on 10/15/2017
    Michaleen's Florist and Garden Center 29
    Michaleen's Florist and Garden Center 30

Amanda · Married on 09/02/2017

I planned my wedding from out of state so I never got to have meetings with Michaleen. She was so understanding and personable through all of the phone calls and emails. She exceeded my expectations and made my visions come to life. Our flowers were ABSOLUTLEY STUNNING! Flowers can be very expensive but they really made our venue come to life and provdided the elegance we desired. These flowers were so beautiful and worth every penny.

Sent on 10/08/2017
    Michaleen's Florist and Garden Center 37
    Michaleen's Florist and Garden Center 38

Michaleen's Florist and Garden Center's reply:

Hi Amanda,
    I'm so glad you were happy with your wedding flowers. I would love to use some of these photos on our wedding website. Do you think you could send me some with your photographer name?
    Congratulations!

Carrie · Married on 08/27/2017

The flowers at our wedding were absolutely beautiful!

Sent on 10/08/2017
  • Senorita C

Camille · Married on 07/22/2017

Michaleen did an incredible job on the bouquets, boutonnieres, and flowers for the mothers of the bride and groom for our wedding. She had great ideas when we met and the finished product was gorgeous. Highly recommend!

Sent on 07/25/2017

Emily · Married on 07/08/2017

I didn't do much with flowers for my wedding, but I did have Michaleen create two corsages and a bouquet for my ceremony. I showed her reference images of my dream designs and the creations she produced exceeded all my expectations. She understood our aesthetic and took it a step further with her flawless execution. I was blown away!

Sent on 07/18/2017

Laura · Married on 07/01/2017

I wish I could give a million starts to Michaleen and her team! We were blown away by our absolutely gorgeous flowers. Michaleen is a true expert and artist and I'm so glad we chose her. From my initial consultation right up until the morning of the wedding, Michaleen was super responsive, helpful, and honest about the cost of various choices I was considering. Everything came out just beautifully. Thank you, thank you!!

Sent on 01/20/2018
    Michaleen's Florist and Garden Center 47
    Michaleen's Florist and Garden Center 48
  • Ashley

Ashley · Married on 11/12/2016

Gorgeous, gorgeous flowers! We were planning from far away so we literally did everything over the phone and never even saw the flowers until my wedding day. I was so happy with my beautiful fall bouquet. The flowers were vibrant and put together beautifully. All the bouquets, corsages, and boutonnieres were beautiful! They knew our chapel and chapel coordinator well so they knew when to show up and even how to decorate the church. The day of went smoothly, everything was in place well before the ceremony, and all without ever getting to meet them. Thank you for the beautiful work!

Sent on 12/02/2016

kyle · Married on 07/30/2016

Anna executed exactly what I had in mind when we first met and I was so impressed! She even managed to find all of the weird greens and textures I'd wanted, even though she said she'd never worked with some of them before.

Sent on 09/26/2016

Shyanne · Married on 07/25/2016

From my first appointment till my wedding everyone was very sweet,professional, and always very fast with responding to all my questions.

Sent on 02/01/2016
  • Y

Yudi · Married on 07/23/2016

absolutely beautiful and fresh flowers! the flowers make our wedding day so beautiful!

Sent on 08/21/2016

Katie · Married on 06/18/2016

I loved working with Michaleen. From the very beginning she listened to all of my wishes for wedding flowers and helped me make it work with my budget. We had some last minute additions and requests and she more than happy to accommodate. The day-of, I did not have to worry about anything related to flowers. I was able to totally enjoy being the bride and my husband, was able to enjoy being the groom, knowing somebody was going to be at the church to help him with his boutineer! Mickey was great working with our reception site, as I did not have to be the "middle man". I would highly recommend Michaleen's to any bride and groom!

Sent on 07/13/2016

Lucy · Married on 06/16/2016

After corresponding with a florist recommended by our caterer who wasn't able to promise us the kinds of flowers we wanted, we found Michaleen's online and initially had been worried that we wouldn't be able to afford something so beautiful. However, they were really accommodating of our needs and budgetary limitations and provided us with stunning flowers that were exactly what we wanted. We were able to save some money by picking up the flowers ourselves, plus they provided some arrangements a day early so we could use them for our rehearsal dinner. We're so happy that we went with them! We worked with Anna, who was super!

Sent on 07/15/2016

Our flowers turned out great. All of our guest commented on the center piece and how beautiful it was. I work our of town, so most of our conversation was through email and phone calls. I gave the color and few type of flowers I'd like, Michaleen worked around my budget and delivered.

Sent on 11/05/2015

Melissa · Married on 09/26/2015

Mickey was absolutely wonderful! She went above and beyond to ensure everything looked gorgeous for our rehearsal dinner, ceremony and reception! She thought of everything and brought some really unique touches to the decor. From the ribbons on our napkins to the flowers on our cake, every detail was attended to. I was not sure what I wanted for flowers but gave her a couple different types that I liked and a loose color scheme and she worked her magic. All of the colors blended beautifully together and the arrangements were an exotic mix of different flowers, berries and greenery. Everything was so fresh and healthy that several guests and family members brought pieces home and some are still thriving, three weeks after the event! All of our guests loved the arrangements and Mickey has a unique and wide array of decor touches that really step up the appearance of the venue. Our venue actually kept most of her flowers on display throughout the resort for several days after our wedding.
    She was very flexible and accommodated all of our requests, which was huge, since we planned our wedding from CA. She is a joy to work with and an absolutely talented professional.

Sent on 10/14/2015
  • F

Fran · Married on 08/01/2015

We were absolutely thrilled with Michaleen’s bouquets and floral arrangements for my son and his bride’s Cornell wedding. As a Cornell landscape architect, our bride’s knowledge of plants and flowers is extraordinary, but we relied on Mickey’s taste and expertise in the choice of specific flowers and the design of the arrangements. Her work exceeded our wildest dreams, demonstrating magnificent color, texture and form. Michaleen’s enhanced our wedding with the highest level of artistry and professional. Mickey gets my unreserved endorsement.

Sent on 08/03/2015

I used Michaleen's for my wedding to create my bridal bouquet, corsages, boutonnieres, center pieces and decorations for the ceremony. As an out of town bride I was challenged to rely on mostly reviews, phone and email communication but Michaleen was such a pleasure to work with and I am so glad I found her. I sent her some pictures of what I envisioned and she made it a reality. She also worked with me to keep in our budget. Flowers can obviously get expensive but Michaleen's helps ensure you will have something beautiful for the price you can afford. She was so organized and accommodating every step of the way. She has been in the business for some time and her knowledge and customer service prove it. I could not have been happier with the flowers and I was absolutely in love with my bouquet. I would highly recommend Michaleen’s for their quality, value and service.

Sent on 09/25/2015

Mariel · Married on 06/28/2014

Michaleen was an absolute dream to work with! Not only is she a consummate professional, but she is the friendliest, most approachable person. I knew after speaking with her on the phone (from almost 3,000 miles away!) that she would be a part of our wedding. Planning long distance (in our case, from Los Angeles to Ithaca, NY) can be very challenging, especially when attempting to translate the idea in your head (or on your Pinterest board) into reality. If you work with Michaleen, you'll have nothing to worry about, because she gets it - and she's REALLY good at what she does. She's very flexible, always willing to tweak the order and work with you to stay on budget, and she will share your vision 100% (while also giving very honest and candid feedback). On the big day, we couldn't possibly have been more pleased. The flowers were fresh, absolutely gorgeous, and EXACTLY what we wanted. It was a dream come to life. Michaleen doesn't skimp - she likes very full arrangements (the bouquets were way bigger than I expected!) and your money will go a long way - we were very pleasantly surprised at what we received. I wouldn't say she's the cheapest, but her prices were comparable when I shopped around, and the value here is outstanding. Michaleen's is worth every penny.

Sent on 07/19/2014

Amy · Married on 06/07/2014

I was very pleased with the quality of my flowers! I changed my mind about arrangements before the wedding, and Michaleen was very flexible. Communication was also very timely.

Sent on 06/15/2014

Jackie · Married on 05/17/2014

Lauren at Michaleen's worked with me to plan the flowers for my wedding. I really wanted all ranunculus, which I was told by others wasn't possible, but Lauren made it happen. Everything looked beautiful and Lauren gave me great advice and was very flexible.

Sent on 05/31/2014

Melanie · Married on 09/01/2013

Michaleen is so great to work with! Our flowers turned out so beautiful, and even better than I had imagined. She has an amazing creative eye, and is very easy to talk to! Very pleased with using her as my florist!!

Sent on 09/06/2013