Michael's Catering & Banquets Reviews

63 | Hamburg, NY

63 Reviews for Michael's Catering & Banquets

Erica · Married on 08/18/2018

Michael's hosted our dinner rehearsal and we could not be more happy with the selection of this vendor. The staff was amazing with the entire process of getting everything set for our rehearsal dinner. The banquet room and food service was prepared specifically for the time we reserved. The food was hot, delicious, and there was plenty to go around. The assortment of drinks was also great as it tailored to the many different varieties our guests personally enjoy. Michael's was flexible as well since we had to travel a bit of distance from our rehearsal ceremony. Overall thank you for making our rehearsal dinner beautiful and relaxing for our two families coming together.

Mr. & Mrs. Eric Velazquez

Sent on 08/29/2018
  • Shalonda

Shalonda · Married on 07/14/2018

I had a great experience for wedding ceremony and reception.

Sent on 07/27/2018

Jill · Married on 09/16/2017

My husband and I used Michael's as the location for our wedding reception back in mid-September 2017. We actually had a lunch reception after our morning church service instead of a traditional dinner reception, and it was so lovely! We had a breakfast buffet that included scrambled eggs, sausage, pancakes and the most delicious french toast bake, along with some cheese, crackers, fruits and additional lunch items. We also had Michael's provide an ice cream bar with all the fixings. It was fabulous! The staff members at the event were so friendly to us and our guests, and both of the managers we worked with leading up to the reception, Cheri and Stephanie, were wonderful! Extremely professional and so helpful during the planning process. I would 100% recommend Michael's to anyone looking for a place to host their wedding reception!

Sent on 01/27/2018

Heather · Married on 08/12/2017

Stephanie was great! Our wedding was perfect, staff was amazing! Highly recommend Michael's!

Michelle · Married on 08/12/2017

Michael's was a perfect place for our wedding! The staff was extremely helpful throughout the wedding planning process. All our guests, and my husband and I thought the food was fantastic at our sit down dinner, the staff even came around asking for seconds to make sure all guests and bridal party were satisfied. The remodeling of the venue looks great and there was plenty of space for my 225+ guests and a dance floor. I would highly recommend this venue for any occasion!

Sent on 12/19/2017

Bridget · Married on 07/29/2017

I would highly recommend this venue. Stephanie was great to work with and very accommodating. She replied to my emails quickly. After looking at a bunch of other venues we decided on this venue due to the amount of things included in the price. Our guests raved about the quality of the food.

Sent on 01/06/2018

Katie · Married on 07/14/2017

My husband and I had our wedding reception at Michael’s on July 14th and we could not have been happier with our entire experience. From the first day we met Cheri and Stephanie we knew we wanted to have our reception there. They were extremely responsive and answered any and all questions we had. The day of the reception, Stephanie and the rest of her staff presented everything beautifully. Numerous times, Joe (I believe his name was) asked me, my wedding party, and my family if we needed anything. So incredibly accommodating! And we received so many compliments on the food. It was so delicious! All around an amazing experience. I would recommend Michael’s to anyone researching locations for their wedding reception!

Nicole · Married on 06/03/2017

Everything about this venue is phenomenal! We couldn’t have picked a better place to celebrate our wedding. I was expecting at the time so we wanted to do a brunch, which they offer. The staff was absolutely incredible, kind, understanding and professional. Also, the food was amazing, not a single guest complained about not liking the food. With every questions and concern they had a quick response and made planning a wedding as stress free as possible. On top of everything, the venue came out beautiful! They decorated just as I pictured it would be. We loved everything about Michael’s and would definitely recommend it to anyone planning a special event

Erica · Married on 09/24/2016

Michael's banquet facility was the best venue we could have chosen for our special day! They took off a lot of the stress and pressure when it comes to organizing the wedding and ensuring that everything was beautiful and ran seamlessly. The staff treated us like we were members of their family, asking numerous times if there was anything that we needed, all under the leadership of Stephanie who was an absolute saint! Thank you so much for working so hard to make sure that our day was not only beautiful but memorable.

Sent on 10/08/2016

Caitlin · Married on 09/23/2016

My Husband and I had a post-wedding Reception at Michaels and were so pleased with the whole event! Stephanie was our event coordinator, and she helped us every step of the way. In the Buffalo Area, you won't find a better value for quality than Michaels.

Sent on 12/19/2017

Miranda · Married on 09/03/2016

Perfect! Michaels was absolutely perfect for our wedding this past weekend! Our guests couldnt stop complimenting the staff, the food, and the decor! Stephanie was wonderful to work with. She made everything so easy to plan from 1600 miles away! My husband and I, highly recommend Michaels for any banquet needs! Way more than 5 stars! Thank you so much for the dream wedding!

Sent on 09/05/2016

Michael's Catering & Banquets's reply:

Miranda, I appreciate the rave review! I was happy to have made all of your planning a little easier from so far away! You and Brad looked so great together on Saturday night! So happy, and so in love. His shirt was awesome!! Best of Luck to both of you in the future! Brad, thank you for doing what you do for our country!! - Stephanie

Blake · Married on 08/29/2016

Great times! Planning and the party, all very nice and fun.

Sent on 09/01/2016

Thank You. Think of us again for your next event!! - Stephanie

April · Married on 08/27/2016

I was very picky and the entire staff was nothing but accommodating. The food was great and so many people complimented on the elegance of simplicity! I couldn't have picked a better venue if I tried!

Sent on 09/02/2016

Michael's Catering & Banquets's reply:

April, thank you for the kind words! You were a beautiful bride, and thank you for being such a sweet heart! You made the planning process so easy for me. -Stephanie
  • Tanya

Tanya · Married on 07/22/2016

The entire staff at Michael's is wonderful!! We did our ceremony and rehearsal there. There is a lovely bridal suite to get ready on the big day. The outdoor patio/gazebo was beautiful, and is tented for your guests. The rehearsal dinner was great. We opted for the package that provided drinks and several savory appetizers. It was VERY affordable, too. :)

Sent on 08/05/2016

Kali · Married on 07/09/2016

We worked closely with Stephanie, and she was amazing. The entire staff was extremely flexible, and willing to help with anything and everything we needed done. I would strongly recommend Michael's for your wedding!

Sent on 07/17/2016

Michael's Catering & Banquets's reply:

Thank you Kali! I was so happy the weather held out for the ceremony! You had an awesome day. The centerpieces you brought in looked so great on the tables, as did the purple stars on the ceiling!! Best of luck to you and Justin in the future! -Steph

Megan · Married on 07/08/2016

Michael's made our wedding day everything we imagined and more. The staff went above and beyond and treated everyone so niceley. All of my guests kept saying how amazing and accommodating the staff was. The food was absolutely delicious.. Everyone kept taking about it!!! I will definitely be planning any future events that I have at Michael's!

Sent on 07/18/2016

Michael's Catering & Banquets's reply:

Thank you, I hope you enjoy your new life together, you have a wonderful family and group of friends who really know how to have fun! Great choice of colors and decor touches, the whole bridal party looked amazing, you especially! - Cheri G.

Sarah · Married on 06/19/2016

Thank you Michael's for making our day perfect! The staff at Micheal's (Stephanie especially) were wonderful from start to finish. Whether it was hundreds of emails full of questions to changing details almost up until the day of, they were on top of things. From the food, to the decorations to the ease of set up and moving through the day of the wedding, it couldn't have gone smoother. Thank you for everything!!

Sent on 07/21/2016

Michael's Catering & Banquets's reply:

We are so happy that the planning process was easy on you! Thank you for such kind words! I do my best to get back to our brides within 30 minutes - an hour if possible! Best Wishes to Rudra on the new job in Seattle! Hope everything is falling into place for the two of you! -Stephanie

Jessica · Married on 08/15/2015

My husband and I had our wedding at Michael's on August 15, 2015. We had our ceremony in their beautiful patio area and our reception in the Emerald room. We were so incredibly happy with everything and we are still getting compliments from our guests about how great everything was! Stephanie was so great to work with during the planning process. She was always quick to respond to my calls/e-mails and made sure we had everything we wanted on our big day. Erin was our manager on the night of and she did a phenomenal job! Our guests told us all of the staff was polite and friendly. The food was absolutely delicious! At the end of the night they cleaned up everything for me and made sure all of my stuff was packed up in a box and ready to take home. Overall, from start to finish they did an amazing job! Michael's gave us our dream wedding! :)

Sent on 09/13/2015

Michael's Catering & Banquets's reply:

Thank you for the compliments Jessica. Always nice to hear that we were able to provide a "dream wedding". I loved the color theme and the decorations that you chose! We wish you and Tim nothing but happiness in the future! Congratulations! - Stephanie H.

Megan Mary · Married on 06/13/2015

Great location for a wedding and reception! We had our ceremony out on the patio and then brought our guests indoors for cocktails, dinner, and dancing. Michael's Banquet Hall allowed us the freedom to add our own personal touches to the wedding such as a Lego Brick city built by our guests and a coffee service by one of our barista friends. We also booked a DJ and Photobooth service through Michael's which were convenient and worked out great!

Sent on 06/25/2015

Michael's Catering & Banquets's reply:

Megan, thank you for taking the time to review us! You truly were one of our most unique receptions from start to finish! Best of wishes to you both. Planning from a distance is never easy, but you pulled it off wonderfully! Extra fun decor and color choices! -Cheri G
  • W

William · Married on 05/29/2015

The staff at Michael's are wonderful! They couldn't have been more helpful with the planning of our wedding and they were very attentive to our needs and the needs of our guests during the reception.

Sent on 06/29/2015

Michael's Catering & Banquets's reply:

Thank you so much Bill, we were happy to work with you- especially after you bribed us with Paula's Donuts! Erin and Stephanie send their best! - Cheri G.

Cortney · Married on 01/24/2015

Michael's did a fantastic job from start to finish. The staff was excellent! Very pleasant and social. The rooms are big and beautiful. Michael's is also extremely flexible and met every single one of my needs and wants. They definitely go above and beyond to make sure your special day is everything you have ever dreamed of. They also work with and are affiliated with all other vendors needed for your wedding such as djs, photo booth, cake places, creative beginnings, flower vendors and etc. The food is also outstanding. For my wedding I had 3 choices... Filet of steak, chicken Marsala and salmon. Each entree was spot on and delicious. The manager Stephanie is awesome! She always responds phone calls and emails immediately. She has everything under control while your trying to juggle the 100 other things that need to get done for your big day. I recommend this place 100% to anyone for their big day!

Sent on 02/04/2015

Michael's Catering & Banquets's reply:

Thank You Cortney! I always love to kick off the year with a bride who knows exactly what she wants! I am so happy that you were able to use some of our vendors to make your planning even easier. I wish you and Brian a lifetime full of happiness and love! - Stephanie H.

Donna · Married on 10/10/2014

The Michael's experience was excellent from day one! We loved everyone we worked with and they made the room just beautiful!! If we could do it over again, we would change nothing! Thank you for everything!!

Sent on 12/28/2014

Michael's Catering & Banquets's reply:

Thank you ladies, we enjoyed planning with you and Erin and Joe reported you both had plenty of fun that night! Happy travels to you! - Cheri G.

Lisa · Married on 10/04/2014

Everything was absolutely perfect for our reception!!! The staff was efficient and friendly. Stephanie and the rest of the staff did everything to help make our day perfect. Any questions I had were answered immediately by Stephanie. I would highly recommend Michaels for any wedding reception!!!

Sent on 10/08/2014

Michael's Catering & Banquets's reply:

Lisa, thank you for the kind words! I am glad I was able to answer your questions efficiently! You and Nick are a great couple! So happy to see that he took a big part in all of the planning! Best Wishes on a long and happy future! - Stephanie Hostettler

Jennifer · Married on 08/30/2014

Everything was absolutely prefect and everyone was so helpful. Our family still talks about how delicious the food was.

Sent on 10/20/2014

Michael's Catering & Banquets's reply:

Jennifer,thank you so much for your comments! The colors you chose and extra decorations were just awesome. It was a pleasure planning with you and also working the big night. -Cheri G