Michael Orzell Photography Reviews

28 | East Haddam, CT

28 Reviews for Michael Orzell Photography

28 Michael Orzell Photography Reviews

Jeff · Married on 08/04/2018

We first saw Michael's work a few years ago at a friend's wedding, and we really liked the way that he was able to capture the entire wedding, especially the candid shots. Fast forward to this year, and we contacted Michael about working with us, and we were so pleased to find out that he was available- that, and his price fit perfectly into our budget. Having seen his work before, we knew that we would be getting quality shots, both candid and posed, but he exceeded our expectations. Michael was professional, friendly, and amenable to our ideas, and he was kind enough to come early and take some photos just because he was interested in our venue. It's pretty clear that he cares so much about the customer's experience as well as his own art- and it is, indeed, art- every shot he took was spectacular.

After the wedding, Michael posted a few to Facebook and Instagram, using our hashtag so that we would be able to access them easily. After a few weeks of anticipation, he sent us the electronic file with all of our photos, and it was worth the wait. A few days later, he sent us a package with a flash drive with the photos and a few printed and mounted shots. We highly recommend Michael to capture the images for your wedding- he will do a fantastic job in every regard. Thanks Michael for capturing our favorite moments!

Cristina · Married on 09/23/2017

Michael was great to work with. Very flexible with meetings and helped guide us through the planning. Prices were so worth it and we loved his style just from our sneak peek. He is very versatile and although he had never shot at our venue before he took every opportunity to utilize new spaces.

Kelsey · Married on 07/28/2017

Look no farther! You have found the best photographer in the wedding business. It is hard to express in words just how wonderful Mike is as a wedding photographer. The wedding process is such a stressful experience. It was a nice change of pace to meet someone who made the process so easy. Right from the start Mike was a pleasure to work with. From the fast response to our first inquiry e-mail to how prepared he was at our first meeting. He was extremely professional and had an answer for all of our questions at that first meeting. Our engagement shoot was a great experience getting to know Mike. He was full of little surprises along the way that made the wedding process so much fun and less stressful. His calm nature helps keep everyone relaxed during the wedding photography process and he made sure to get every shot we asked for plus many more. He is never in your face or distracting from your special day. He is an integral part of the day and is able to blend in and capture so many wonderful candid moments. Looking through our photos it amazes me how he was able to capture the most special memories from our wedding day. We will treasure our photographs forever and we can’t thank Mike enough for helping us preserve those memories.

Jen · Married on 07/02/2017

Every time I look at my wedding pictures I am able to relive that day, thanks to Michael!

Michael was very accommodating and so easy to work with from the beginning. He keeps in touch through email and text messages, and made planning a breeze with his questionnaires.

Choosing a photographer was a hard decision to make since each photographer seems to have their own style. I am so happy we chose Michael to be our photographer because he truly has a way of capturing the love and fun in every picture.

I would highly recommend Michael to anyone! And I recommend visiting his website to see his beautiful pictures!

Kassandrea · Married on 07/01/2017

Mike was so amazing to work with on our special day and throughout the planning process. We wanted to meet him before signing a contract but due to distance and winter weather couldn't meet the day we planned to - so instead he suggested we meet via FaceTime - brilliant idea. From this moment, we knew we wanted Mike to photograph our wedding! This shows how flexible he is and how dedicated he is to his craft. His package includes an engagement session, which was super helpful as it gave us a chance to get to know each other and for me and my fiance to feel comfortable in front of a camera.

Mike was so easy to communicate with throughout the entire process. The night of the wedding, Mike arrived early to get a sense of the venue, and was extremely professional and calm even in the middle of family craziness trying to get organised for posed photos. Mike is adaptable to your needs in the moment and takes time beforehand to ensure that you are getting exactly what you want out of his services on your special day.

We got an online website with all of our photos from the wedding day on our 1-month anniversary. It was such a special way to celebrate and revisit the amazing day! The photographs are incredible. Mike captured what seems like each and every special moment of the evening. The quality of the images is amazing! They are crystal clear and the lighting is perfect. Mike captured all the moments we couldn't possibly witness ourselves as we were super busy hosting our wedding.

He was so easy to work with, friendly, takes his job seriously but you can tell he truly loves what he does and has fun with it. Do not hesitate to reach out to Mike if you are looking for a wedding photographer! 10/10 would book again. Thank you, Mike, for helping us preserve the memories of the best day of our lives :)

Sara · Married on 06/24/2017

Mike was absolutely fantastic! My husband and I are so pleased with both our engagement images and the images from our wedding. We received so many compliments about how beautiful the images are from friends and family. Mike is very professional, easy to work with, reliable and responsive. He also has a great sense of humor! My husband and I do not typically enjoy having our pictures taken and we thought it might be uncomfortable to have a photographer snapping our pictures but Mike made us feel completely at ease. He has given us a fantastic record of our special day that we will cherish forever! There are many images that we will frame. I 100% recommend Mike and just hope we have an opportunity to use him for a life event in the future :) 

Amanda · Married on 05/27/2017

Michael is great! We did both our engagement photos and our wedding photos with him, and we were so pleased with how they turned out. It’s actually a huge struggle to figure out which ones to put in frames because so many of them are wonderful. If you want beautiful portraits, hilarious candids, and a great overall representation of your wedding, he’s the person to go to. We also really appreciate that Michael’s photos are true to life—he doesn’t need to hide his work behind a lot of edits and filters, because the base photos he takes are already lovely. On top of that, he responds to communication quickly, gets to shooting locations on time, and is professional and funny. Highly recommend!

• Meganmarie271

Megan · Married on 05/20/2017

Michael one the first vendor we booked and it was one of the best decisions we made! Michael took our engagement photos and he was so wonderful to work with. My fiance really wanted to take Lord of The Rings themed fun photos and Michael was all for it! And they came out way better than we thought they would and all of our guests loved them! In the whole planning wedding process after that initial photos taken we ended up changing our wedding venue at least twice and completely changing our wedding date as well. My now husband and I were so worried that he wouldn't be able to take our photos for our big day but Michael was so accommodating and was so easy to work with us in all of our requests.

On our actual wedding day we wanted to take our photos in the same place we took our engagement photos but we had to change the location slightly due to other wedding parties being in the same area. But we were so happy that we did, the pictures came out beautiful and gave us a different scenery than we had for our engagement photos. And in order for us to not have to pay overtime on the limos we had rented for the day Michael and his assistant Allie offered to drive us back to the reception venue. They did not have to do that for us and were so kind and made our day run more smoothly with all of their help. His assistant Allie was so wonderful as well and really made the group photos a breeze.

Michael was on of our favorite vendors to work with. He was so kind, professional, and the quality of Michael's work is worth way more than his what he charges.He was able to capture our wedding day and all of the love we had on our day in such a beautiful way. I recommend Michael Orzell Photography VERY highly for any of your photography needs!

Raquel · Married on 10/08/2016

Michael Orzell Photography was an excellent find! My husband and I had a small backyard wedding and we wanted to use all local vendors. We decided last minute to get a professional photographer and we weren’t sure if there was even a local one in town. I did a Google search and voila…Michael Orzell Photography! We were extremely lucky that he was available with only a few months’ notice. He was super flexible with our schedules and kept an eye on the weather to guarantee we'd have a great day for the engagement shoot. Michael made us feel very comfortable in front of the camera during our engagement session and he even laughed along at all of my husband’s awkward comments – he likes to joke! Our wedding day was a rainy one, but Michael stuck it out with us all day. He was solo since it was a small wedding and he captured so many great memories for us. There’s one of my nephew and I that makes my heart melt! We absolutely love how the wedding album turned out and he even sent us a few card prints along with all of our photos on a jump drive. I’m hoping to utilize Michael’s services in the near future when we start our family. Can’t wait to see what he can do with baby photos!! Thanks for everything, Michael! We will be in touch.

Emily · Married on 09/17/2016

Michael was absolutely amazing!! When we first met with him, we chatted for a couple hours. We felt so comfortable with him like we had known him for years. He had such great ideas of what to do to make our photos unique. We had already done an engagement session in another state and were concerned that we wouldn't get to practice with him beforehand but now that we've seen the pictures there was no reason to worry! He managed to capture every moment perfectly! He went above and beyond to help out on our special day! I would absolutely recommend him for anyone! His price was comparable to other photographers in the area, and was a true pleasure to work with! Absolutely perfect!!

Rachel · Married on 09/17/2016

My husband and I could not be happier that we chose Michael Orzell as our wedding photographer. From the first time we met him he was professional, friendly and really seemed to love what he does. It shows in his pictures. We started off with an engagement shoot in NH at my family’s cottage. He did an absolutely amazing job. My husband is a little camera shy but he made us feel comfortable and let us be ourselves which led to the most beautiful pictures ever taken of us. Again at our wedding, he was prompt, courteous and did a wonderful job of capturing our day. His candids are just incomparable. He does an incredible job of blending in and capturing the moment exactly as it is. There’s one photo that stands out in particular between my father and me where I can hear his laugh perfectly. I know that years down the road I’ll still be able to hear his laugh when I look at that picture. To say I recommend Mike as a wedding photographer is an understatement. You will not be disappointed if you hire him.

Sam · Married on 09/16/2016

Even a month after our wedding (9/16/16), my wife and I are still talking about how we picked the absolute best wedding photographer out there. From the initial meetings (which were all done via Skype) to our engagement shoot at a town hall, Michael's idea, my wife and I knew we made the right choice. Michael did the majority of the work designing our save the date which turned out awesome, taking ideas my wife had and turning them into something just amazing. The day of the wedding, Michael and his team were so incredibly easy and fun to work with at both our photo locations (since my wife and I were staying at separate places the night before and day of the wedding) and having just received our wedding photo's this week...we are just blown away. I would recommend Michael and his team to anyone looking for an incredible, nice and easy to work with photographer. We will absolutely be using Michael again for future events!

Kimberly · Married on 09/09/2016

Michael did such an amazing job on our photos! The engagement pictures and the wedding photos came out so beautiful! Michael was very responsive and professional. He made sure that he understood what we were hoping to get out of the pictures and he definitely delivered. We were nervous at the engagement session because we had never really taken professional pictures, but he made us feel totally comfortable and ended up getting gorgeous pictures. Our save the dates were perfect! On our wedding day, he was amazing. There are SO MANY great shots, I'm not sure how he was able to be in so many places at once! He captured the day so perfectly, we are so happy with pictures. We can't wait to blow a few up and hang them in our home. Michael went above and beyond and really exceeded our expectations. If you want a great photographer and beautiful photos, go with Michael Orzell Photography!

Victoria · Married on 08/13/2016

I honestly don't know where to start because I can't say enough great things about Michael and his service. He was such a pleasure to work with. He was professional and easy-going, and he was very responsive to all of my questions. On the day of our wedding he was absolutely fantastic! He had two cameras and he was so attentive to everything that was going on. We just got our pictures and we were so impressed with how many we received, and how he managed to capture so much. We have such great pictures, and a nice mixture of ones that are posed as well as some great candid shots. We love the lighting and editing that he did with the photos as well. I also want to note that he was so flexible and captured pictures until the very end of the evening for us. Even my guests commented on how great he was, and how he was smiling the whole night! We received our images on a USB drive and he also provided me a link to an online gallery with all of our images so we had them prior to receiving the USB. He also provided some beautiful prints for us! There were no hiccups or surprises, and I honestly could not be happier with his service or our wedding pictures! I highly recommend Michael, and we will absolutely be working with him again in the future!

• S + D

Samantha · Married on 08/05/2016

Michael is a great photographer and it was great working with him! We had our engagement session at the end of December and had a very enjoyable experience working with him the day of and leading up to the shoot. He was flexible when we switched locations and when the weather didn't cooperate on the day that we had originally scheduled. To top it all of, the pictures we received are absolutely gorgeous! Michael did an equally amazing job photographing our wedding. He and his assistant were attentive throughout the day and made sure to photograph all of the important moments plus many candids of all of our guests. He did a wonderful job capturing the emotions of the day too. Choosing Michael to photograph our wedding was one of the best decisions we could have made!

Sent on 02/11/2016

Michael Orzell Photography's reply:

It was a pleasure working with you, Sam and Diego! I'm glad you had a great experience and love your photos. Thank you for your kind words.

Allison · Married on 06/30/2016

We couldn't have asked for a better photographer for our big day! Mike is so talented and captured who we are as a couple as well as our love in timeless photos that we will cherish forever. Mike was professional, on time, and had excellent communication throughout the entire process. He was great at coaching us along to ensure that everyone posed in the most flattering way. He also was able to make our family laugh which allowed him to capture the true essence of everyone's personality and joy in our photos. All of our friends and family were in awe of our photos and we received so many compliments. There is not one photo that we do not absolutely love. Thank you Mike for your professionalism, talent and generosity. We will absolutely be returning for future photo sessions (maternity, newborn, family).

I highly recommend Mike to anyone looking for a photographer who will capture some of life's most precious moments.

Michelle · Married on 10/02/2015

The best experience a bride could have ever asked for!!

Michael was truly amazing as our wedding photographer. I was getting very frustrated looking for wedding photographers but then I came across Michael and spoke with him on the phone and booked him right then and there. It was the best decision we could have made. From the second we started working with Michael, we knew we were in good hands. Everything from his down-to-earth personality and his "you won't even know I'm there" candid photography approach, we couldn't have asked for anything better. Out of all the vendors and people we worked with for our wedding, he was THE BEST. He was extremely professional and responsive and made everything extremely easy and comfortable for us throughout the entire process. We had engagement photos done with Michael and he was so accommodating and met us at our favorite reservoir out in the boonies of CT and the photos came out beautiful. My now husband is not photogenic and was pretty camera shy and apprehensive, but with Michael's laid back style, he was comfortable and we got some great photos. After the wedding, our guests were ranting and raving about how great Michael was. Every time something awesome was happening at our wedding, Michael was there to capture it. We ended up with beautiful candid photos of all of our favorite moments and are over-the-moon happy with how everything turned out. Anytime we want a photographer in the future, Michael will be our guy.

Brittany · Married on 08/16/2015

Michael was absolutely wonderful to work with. As a first time bride, I was very anxious about making decisions and making sure everything was going to be perfect. Michael had such a calming and professional nature that put my worrying mind at ease as soon as we met him. He made us feel comfortable, he is personable, and very pleasant to be around. He was able to get all the photos I had asked for and more. He was very thorough and prepared for the event. He went above and beyond and I couldn't be happier with the work he did for us. We would recommend him in a heartbeat to anyone. My husband and I plan to use him as our photographer in the future for any life events that should arise. He is really great at what he does!!!

• User5121929 · 2+ years ago

Michael was very professional and had great ideas. We never felt like he was in the way during our wedding and his personality made him very easy to work with. He was always prompt when responding to emails and his prices are extremely fair.

Emily · Married on 04/19/2015

Michael did an amazing job with our photos! He was willing to work with us several times before the event and was there extra early on the day of to set up. He really went above and beyond for us! He has a fantastic creative eye and a great sense of humor. Megan is extremely helpful with getting everyone organized and ensuring that you have all the pictures you need. He is extremely passionate about photography and is very proud of his new state of the art cameras. We got our photos back quickly and they are stunning! I would definitely recommend Michael Orzell to all of my closest friends!

Michael shot our daughter's and her fiancé's engagement session as well as the wedding. He was 100% professional, attentive, and flexible! More importantly, his photographs are stunning! He is a very talented artist with an excellent eye for interesting compositions. His work is truly beautiful!
    The choice of a photographer is extremely important for a wedding being planned. I would offer Michael my highest recommendation!

Jessica · Married on 10/19/2014

Mike and his assistant did a wonderful job capturing the moments of our wedding. For my husband and me, it went by so fast! Looking at the photos they took, we were able to remember certain funny and special moments that we had forgotten. They were great with us and the other guests that wanted to take posed photos. I LOVE THE CANDIDS, especially the ones on the dance floor. Mike is very talented and his behavior was nothing but professional.

I loved the fact that they showed up early to do some preliminary photo spot scouting since they had never been to the venue before. His pricing is a bargain and we got more than we paid for! I would hire him again for any occasion where a photographer is needed. Thank you Mike!

Josh · Married on 04/17/2014

Michael was a pleasure to work with. We had our engagement session in November 2013 and he was very flexible due to bad weather. Our wedding in April went off without a hitch and we received our photos within 3 or 4 weeks. Incredibly pleased. Oh and did I mention his pricing was half the cost to his closest competitor.

Megan · Married on 07/15/2017

Michael was so wonderful to work with. He captured every special moment on our wedding day. We couldn't of asked for a better photographer. We received our pictures fairly quick and were extremely happy with the results.

Emily · Married on 11/05/2016

Michael was so easy to work with; from the moment we sat down and met with him we knew he was the photographer for us! Michael was very easy going and laid back and captured so many excellent candid shots. Michaels ability to capture the perfect shot left us speechless once we received our photos. Michael was not an in your face photographer and allowed for real life moments to be captured rather then everything staged. I would highly recommend Michael for any special event.