Michael Marcoux Reviews

38 | Providence, RI

38 Reviews for Michael Marcoux

Nicole K. · Getting married on 07/31/2021

Hire Michael, you won't regret it!

From the first time we met Michael we knew we had to work with him. And it has been an amazing experience working together! We ended up having to postpone our celebration until 2021 due to Covid and Michael has been incredibly helpful every step of the way. He was there for us when we were unsure about postponing, when we needed to find vendors last minute, and helped us get organized when it came time to reschedule our team of professionals. I can't say enough how happy we have been working with Michael and how excited we are to work with him more as our 2021 wedding approaches. Thank you, Michael, for everything!!

Sent on 10/07/2020
  • Ronald

Ronald R. · Married on 05/29/2021

The perfect planner

We couldn't of had the amazing experience we did without Michael's guidance and attention to detail! He brought our story alive!! I don't know how many people see this, but you 1000 percent should hire Michael!

Sent on 06/02/2021

Tricia R. · Married on 05/29/2021

Michael Marcoux

Having Michael assist in planning our wedding was the best decision we could’ve possibly made. Michael gave us a true personal experience. He took our ideas and our story and brought it to life for us, our family and friends! He was available to us and through this journey became part of the family. Michael left no stone unturned. He is organized, creative & thorough. When I looked around on the day of our wedding, it was beautiful and perfect and I didn’t have to think about anything other than enjoying myself.

Sent on 06/02/2021

Kristy S. · Married on 02/12/2021

The BEST Planner

Michael pulled off the ultimate COVID wedding with only 4 weeks’ notice. The wedding took place at the Boston Harbor Hotel & Michael made the event look like something out of a magazine. Michael helped us coordinate our celebration in February while abiding by city COVID restrictions and still made it feel like an unrestricted celebration. Given the limited staff allowed due to COVID, Michael performed several roles allowing us to relax and fully enjoy the day. Michael acted not only as the wedding coordinator, but also as the ceremony coordinator, interior designer, florist, bartender, waitstaff, DJ, usher, and therapist!

The wedding went absolutely beautifully. It was a dream-come-true day and it wouldn’t have been possible without Michael. Even with short notice & COVID restrictions, Michael had everything 100% under control at all times. Trust me, you want this a planner!!!!!

Sent on 03/16/2021
  • Paige

Paige · Married on 10/24/2020

A Wonderful Experience

My husband and decided to find a wedding coordinator when we canceled our original wedding plans due to Covid and decided to downsize to a small backyard wedding. Michael was recommended to us by our wedding caterer and we are so grateful that he was. From the beginning we could tell that Michael was not only very thorough but that he truly cared that we felt comfortable and happy with the result. In the days leading up to the Michael made sure everything was in place with our vendors and even planned for the unexpected. The day of the wedding, Michael felt like family. It felt great to see all of our hard work together come to fruition and Michael seemed truly happy for us on our big day. And when those unexpected moments occurred, Michael made sure they were not only taken care of but that we didn’t have to stress about them. Michael was friendly, personable, organized and very detailed. We enthusiastically and highly recommend Michael Marcoux!

Sent on 10/27/2020
  • Amberly

Amberly H. · Married on 09/12/2020

Truly passionate & puts heart and soul into his work

I don’t even know where to begin with how amazing Michael is. From the second we met him we knew in our bones he was the absolute perfect person to help us plan our wedding. Not only did Michael help us plan a wedding during COVID, but he made it completely flawless, and worked with us every single step of the way, amongst all of the changes due to the pandemic. This is not just a job to Michael. He invests his heart and soul into his work. What more could you ask for? You can feel his passion and dedication every single step of the way. I’m actually sad the wedding is over since we got so close with him, but I know he will be in our lives forever. We received tons of compliments about how seamless and flawless the wedding was and it is all thanks to the amazing work of Michael and his ability to work magic both with us and all of our other vendors. There were many times I felt as though Michael knew and understood more of a vision for our wedding than we did. On the day of the wedding, I thought I would be nervous and anxious and I was completely relaxed and comfortable and it’s because I knew everything was going to be just perfect and I didn’t have to worry about a thing. All thanks to Michael.

Michael, thank you thank you thank you! You are the absolute best!

Sent on 09/27/2020

Kelly B. · Married on 09/12/2020

Outstanding!!!!!!!

Michael was SUCH a dream to work with! He planned my best friends wedding and as one of her involved bridesmaids with an events background- I really appreciated his attention to detail, demeanor, can do attitude, and continued professionalism during the planning process and most importantly- on her weekend weekend.

Sent on 11/17/2020

Beth · Married on 09/12/2020

The best!!

I had the pleasure of meeting Michael when I was a bridesmaid in my sister in laws wedding on 9/12/20. His attention to detail and genuine passion for what he does made for an absolutely perfect day. Weddings (especially in times of covid) can be stressful- he took all the stress away and helped put together one of the most fun weddings I can remember. If I could go back in time and plan my own wedding all over again I would make sure to hire Michael. He’s the best!!

Sent on 11/17/2020
  • Amy

Amy T. · Married on 09/09/2020

A perfect day - thank you Michael!

Michael was outstanding. Kept a large wedding party totally organized without any stress! Michael was relaxed, calm and very efficient which made my son's wedding day a dream come true! Not one detail was left out. And there were tons of details!

Sent on 10/02/2019
  • Solange

Solange H. · Married on 05/23/2020

Truly amazing and Attentive!

Mike is just pure awesome! He has brilliant ideas and is super resourceful. During the pandemic he was always supportive and understanding with all the changes happening with our wedding plans. I’m super thankful we chose him to help us with our plans, and would encourage anyone tying the knot to hire him... you will not be disappointed!

Sent on 10/08/2020

Gail · Married on 03/11/2020

Planning with Michael Marcoux

I would definetly recommend Michael Marcoux. We live in the Chicago area and our son was being married out in Providence RI. As the parents of the groom we where not sure how we where going to manage the Rehearsal Dinner, Welcome party and the brunch the day after the wedding from so far away. From our first phone call with Michael he was professional, knowledgeable and organized. He came up with fresh ideas and was enthusiastic about making these events memorable for our son, his bride and both our families. If I could rate Michael with more then 5 stars I would. He truely is a full service wedding planner.

Sent on 11/15/2019
  • Kori

Kori · Married on 11/09/2019

Stop your search and hire Michael Marcoux immediately!!

I cannot even articulate how amazing Michael is not only as a wedding planner but as a person. After not thinking we needed a wedding planner, and then deciding we did and interviewing a ton of wedding planners (including some of the most well known and established ones in RI) we made the best decision of our lives and hired MIchael Marcoux. Not only is he brilliant, flexible, accommodating, creative, organized, prompt, responsive, and budget savvy with an eye for decor he is also fun, outgoing, and so extremely easy to work with. He goes above an beyond for his clients - I'm talking helping my mom find a dress for my wedding, helping my father and MOH write speeches, helping the best man write his speech, helping the groom and groomsmen with their outfits, and even coming to my final dress fitting so he could know how to bustle my dress encase my sister forgot how to. He would even drive to Boston to meet with me face to face despite my venue being in RI. Michael planned the most amazing, over the top, wedding weekend for us and 250+ guests (including the rehearsal dinner, welcome drinks, welcome bags, wedding, and post-wedding brunch) and all my family and I had to do was sit back and enjoy. He was the greatest, and most essential part of our wedding, to the point where my frugal father felt we did not pay him enough for everything he did. All of our vendors thought he was amazing to work with (including but not limited to the venue, band, and photographer) and asked for his card so they could refer him to people. I mean he (and his team) took pictures during the wedding and had them printed and displayed at brunch the next morning - try and find another planner who will do that. He has an eye for design and decor and will tell you what you need and what you don't need and will literally save you money at ever turn. Trust me, don't waste your time interviewing/meeting with any other planners - my Mom and I already wasted the time doing it for you, just go ahead and hire this man!!!! He will not just plan the wedding of your dreams, he will plan a wedding that is better than you could have ever dreamed.

Sent on 11/20/2019

Antonio · Married on 10/26/2019

Amazing work

Mike is a gem to work with . Organization and timeliness are his strengths . The wedding execution was flawless and imaginative . Thank you for you patience .

Sent on 11/12/2019
  • aring5

Ali · Married on 09/21/2019

Hiring Michael as our wedding planner was the best decision we made through this entire process. Not only is he professional, insightful, creative, and organized..he is fun, present and cares so deeply about pulling together the perfect day. He truly has a passion for this type of work and for making people's dreams come true. He made ours come true this past Saturday.
    We got married at my family's barn which was just that...a barn. He transformed a piece of property into everything we dreamed it would be and so much more. He was there from the beginning, giving us ideas and helping us find the perfect vendors that were right for us. Michael was so in tune with us and learned right away exactly what we wanted out of our wedding.
    We would look forward to each meeting because he made them so fun. Michael is not only an amazing wedding planner, but he is an amazing person that loves to laugh. My now-husband didn’t want to miss a meeting! You read that right!
    He was there for whenever we needed from day one- giving vendors tours through the mud in the rainy season, helping us visualize and create centerpieces, and even hanging pictures on the walls a week before the wedding (I kid you not). He made a day-of schedule for each person in the wedding party. Even more importantly, he guided us through things that we would have never even thought of.
    Planning a wedding can be stressful, especially if you are not doing it at a venue that typically holds weddings. I remember the day before the wedding Michael telling me that I was very calm…and I was! He took all of the stress away from my family and I..which allowed us to enjoy every moment. I remember him telling me, “Your only job from here on out is to relax and have fun”. I am so thankful for that.
    Michael puts his name on his company for a reason, and that’s because he believes in the work he does. We have a lifelong friend in Michael and there aren’t enough words to thank him for all he has done. M, You are the BEST!!

Sent on 09/27/2019
  • David

David T. · Married on 09/21/2019

Taking the Stress Out of Wedding Planning

Where to begin!

Michael was the consummate professional during the planning process for our wedding. His meticulous attention to detail, productive goal setting, and ability to provide creative ideas to bring our wedding to life saved us so much time and energy. He couldn't have been more excited to be a part of the process and took the time to understand us individually and as a couple in order to come up with the best solutions to the problems we faced.

Nothing speaks to the value he brought more than to the fact that I had zero worries during the wedding day. All the small details/coordination between vendors the and execution of certain tasks were all handled flawlessly. My wife and I got to enjoy our day together instead of having to worry about the small stuff and that is something we will cherish forever!

Thanks again Michael! I couldn't recommend you enough!

Sent on 09/27/2019

Maria S. · Married on 09/01/2019

He is the man!

Michael can be described in one word - amazing! If we had to use a second word, it would be wonderful. Michael has helped our family with 2 weddings in the past year and both were perfect. He attends to every detail, is solely focused on making sure that everything goes as planned, has a wealth of knowledge and experience, and is an all around great guy to boot. His service is impeccable, his attitude is unflappable, and he will do all that is needed to make sure you and your guests have an incredible day. This is the guy you want to help you plan and execute your wedding - he will exceed your expectations and then some.

Sent on 09/01/2019

Michael Marcoux's reply:

To quote the groom, and the father of the bride, I am quite lost for words on how to adequately express my appreciation for letting be part of your family celebration - once again. Maria and Patrick's wedding was such an extremely special day - filled with laughter, love, and lots and lots of fun. People dream of a wedding like you had for your daughter - it was so personal and so reflective of their relationship and their story. Maria is literally a ray of sunshine and it was an honor to witness her and Patrick take the next natural step for the two of them. They are certainly made for one another. I am so excited to see more pictures and relive all of the wonderful memories we had in both planning the day, and on the day itself. Thank you once again, I feel truly honored to have worked with your family once again.

Robert L. · Married on 08/26/2019

The best wedding coordinator

Michael is an amazing wedding coordinator. There are 100's of moving parts and it's a real challenge to manage them all, culminating in a seamless wedding experience. Michael is a master a getting it all to happen "just the way we planned it" no stress, no worries. He has great industry contacts and is there from start to finish....

Sent on 08/26/2019

Michael Marcoux's reply:

Thank you, Rob. I appreciate the kind words, and I also appreciate you selecting me to be part of your daughter's wedding. It truly was a family effort, as both the Lipari's and Giffin's banded together to orchestrate such a personal celebration of the two families coming together. Every detail was thought through with special meaning and importance. From the arbor you made (in California and brought to RI), the olive oil from your vineyard as escort cards, the non-Nicki-Minaj wedding topper ;), the list just goes on and on..... A huge thanks to both you and Deb in allowing me a front row seat to your family celebration - it was an honor and a privilege to have been there. As the venue manager from Fort Getty said "I think this is the event of the summer", and I couldn't agree more.

Maria · Married on 08/24/2019

The most magical wedding planner in all the land!

Mike was my wedding planner and coordinator and I swear to you- this guy is amazing!! From the first time meeting him (which by the way is complimentary), I had confidence in choosing him to help us design a vision and implement that vision on our big day. He has a special way of making you feel like all of your ideas are the best ideas in the world and then being able to seamlessly put them into action in ways better than you can imagine. My husband and I got married at a location that had never had a wedding before. Mike was up for the challenge since day 1 of planning! He’s organized and personable and the pinnacle of professional and gracious when dealing with different vendors and our crazy wedding party (there were over 20 of us and a dog!) He keeps strong relationships with vendors and is able to suggest ideas and people for whatever you need (within budget too!).
    Our wedding was absolutely perfect, and it would not have been so without Mike. You need him- He is pure magic!

Sent on 09/10/2019

Phillip G. · Married on 08/11/2019

Great Experience!

As a vendor, Michael was great to work with. He communicated well, had a great attitude the whole day, and kept the train moving. Which in turn, made our jobs easier and made the wedding for 125 people fantastic.

Thanks Michael. Hope to work together again soon!

-Phil
    Seed & Sip
    Farm to glass mobile bartenders

Sent on 08/13/2019

Michael Marcoux's reply:

Phil, thank you so much - your team was amazing, and I look forward to working a lot more together in the future. I am very excited to recommend you to my clients. Thanks for all your help, expertise, and your "can do" attitude. Amazing job!
  • Z

Zachary D. · Married on 08/11/2019

Best Wedding Coordinator

It is with great gratitude and appreciation that we write this review. Though my husband and I had spent quite a bit of time planning for the big day, it wasn't until speaking with Michael that we realized how much we had not planned for. Micheal respectfully and kindly guided us in all the right directions.
    My newlywed husband and I recently attended a wedding where there was a medical emergency, and no one knew what to do including the staff.
    We can say with absolute confidence that if a similar situation had happened at our wedding Michael would have dealt with it and the service would not have been interrupted.
    Additionally, some of our guests had preexisting physical and mental ailments to which Michael handled them with dignity and respect, everyone had a wonderful time.
    Our only regret when working with Michael, is that we will not have the opportunity to work with him again. He created a personal experience to which we will remember for the rest of our lives.

Sent on 09/01/2019

Michael Marcoux's reply:

How much fun was that?!?!?! WOW, you guys know how to throw a party. It was so much fun getting to know you both during the planning process, and working with your great network of colleagues. I met so many talented vendors, and I can't wait to work with them again. As far as the two of you, I look forward to grabbing a drink and reliving all of the fun we had in planning your day. There are so many wonderful memories I have of your wedding - none better than the smiles on both your faces. You truly let loose in your happiness for everyone to see and share in. Congrats to both you!!!!!!! Perfection!
  • Alycia

Alycia P. · Married on 01/20/2019

Needed a wedding coordinator, ended up with a lifelong friend and the wedding of my dreams.

Mike is one of a kind, from the moment we met him we knew we couldn’t plan our day without him. Mike is absolutely outstanding at what he does, he kept us focused, paid attention to every little detail, and every time I thought I had missed a beat Mike already had it done.
    Not only is he passionate about what he does, he is kind and genuine. Everything I mentioned of family and friends in conversations prior to their meeting, Mike remembered, that’s something very special. Every call, text, email Michael answered right away, every minor change, or quick panic attack Michael handled with ease and SO much excitement for our day.
    My husband and I cannot express how grateful we are to have worked with Mike, without him our day would have been incomplete, and now that it’s over I’m sad I won’t be talking to him daily.
    Thank you for everything Mike, you are truly spectacular at what you do, Steven and I wish you all of the success and happiness life has to offer.

Sent on 01/22/2019

Alycia -
    Thank you so much for all of the kind words. It was such a pleasure to work with you and Steven in planning your wedding, and witnessing all of the special events throughout your wedding weekend! Your friends and family are so much fun - and I look forward to catching up soon. The pictures that are starting to come in are AMAZING. So, so beautiful... (shout-out to Kearsten Taylor Photography). Mike

Linda M. · Married on 01/20/2019

Michael Marcoux

No words can describe how fortunate we were to have Michael by our side for my daughter and son-in-law’s fairytale wedding! His professionalism is above and beyond. He kept everyone calm and well organized. I can’t express our gratitude for this exceptional man! Thanks to you for an amazingly beautiful, beyond explanation wedding! You are by far the best!

Sent on 01/22/2019

Michael Marcoux's reply:

Linda - thank you so much for such a wonderful review - the pleasure was all mine. It was such a joy to experience Alycia and Steven's wedding weekend with you and the entire family. So, so special - so many wonderful memories!
    #moresafetypins
    Mike

Patti D. · Married on 01/20/2019

If You Want Your Wedding Perfect and Flawless , Then You Want Mike

Many people asked why my son from Boston chose to get married in Providence. I truly believe it was so Mike would come into their lives and make their dream wedding a reality. It was evident from the beginning they respected, trusted and connected with him .Mike was able to take the worry off everyone's plate. Things were planned so well I never detected any stress , which is amazing with so many details coming together. I am sure there are plenty of good wedding planners out there but Mike was both exceptional and indispensable . He was both fun and serious , whichever the situation called for.
    I am just thankful we had such a kind person to make our only son's wedding a heartwarming and perfect day . What a great start they are off to. ..... Thanks Mike

Sent on 01/29/2019

Michael Marcoux's reply:

Patti - thank you so much for the wonderful review. It was such a pleasure being part of all of the fun. Your son Steven is such a wonderful man, and to see him so in love with Alycia, was such a honor to witness. You and your family are so welcoming, and you definitely made me feel part of the clan!!! Looking forward to catching up with you, the Morandos, and of course our wonderful couple!!!! We have so many beautiful pictures to look at - and cannot wait to see the video.... Thank you! Mike

Meaghan B. · Married on 01/06/2019

Hire Michael!

I met Michael when I was the officiant at a wedding he coordinated. I was impressed with his subtle, kind, and keenly efficient work style. When I had to plan a complicated 400 person fundraiser for my work, I asked him to be our coordinator. He exceeded all of my expectations and our event was a huge success. Added bonus, his presence helped me and my staff to feel calm and confident.

I've met many coordinators - he is in a league of his own. I cannot say enough good things. Hire Michael!

Sent on 06/07/2019

Melinda M. · Married on 12/31/2018

Mike is the best!!!

My son and now son-in-law were married on New Years Eve 2018 in Providence, Rhode Island. From the moment I met Mike I knew the wedding would be perfect. He met our every expectation. On the day of the wedding we never seemed to have to seek him out. He was always there meeting our every need. From hair and makeup, to ushering us to photographs, to pre-wedding jitters, to walking down the aisle...Mike was there. He is an absolute gentleman! The evening was magical and I thank you Mike for all you did to help achieve such a special day. You are the best!!
    Melinda & Craig Mensinger

Sent on 01/05/2019

Michael Marcoux's reply:

Thank you both so much for your kinds words. It was an honor to be part of your family's special weekend, and witness all of the special moments. I don't think I will ever forget the feeling in the church on New Year's Eve - it was pure magic. You raised a wonderful man, and the pride that you feel for Brett is very apparent. You have a beautiful family - and your love, support, and respect for one another, and for Brett and Tom, is very evident.
    I can't wait to see all of the pictures - such wonderful memories that you will treasure for a life-time. Happy 2019 and wishing you and your family another happy and healthy year ahead. You certainly started it off with a bang!!!!