Michael Escobar Photography Reviews

Michael Escobar Photography 1
Michael Escobar Photography 2
Michael Escobar Photography 3

lc · Getting married on 08/08/2019

my review is a little biased - i've known escobar for almost 20 years. i think we booked him less than a week after getting engaged because i already knew he would do a great job. seeing him work in a professional capacity, however, has made me so so glad that we chose him. my husband's older sisters all had kind of...weird photographers at their weddings, so getting someone personable was our #1 priority. my family after the wedding kept telling me how much they liked the photographers!
    escobar makes you feel relaxed behind a camera and actually made me feel photogenic (not an easy task)! he had an assistant and backup photographer for our wedding, so it was verrry well-documented! he and his lovely wife did our engagement pictures, which i've attached.
    our pictures are amazing and will proudly hang on our walls! thanks, escobar!

Michael Escobar Photography 4
    Michael Escobar Photography 5
    Michael Escobar Photography 6

Elizabeth · Married on 05/06/2017

I cannon say enough good things about Michael! He captured every special, emotional, and hilarious moment of our wedding. My husband keeps saying these are the best pictures anyone has ever taken of him! He and his assistant (shoutout to Chason) rolled with the punches with our pretty wild wedding party, and the result were some incredible candids I will cherish forever.

Kuran · Married on 10/02/2016

My husband and I couldn't have found a better couple to photograph our wedding. Michael and Erin were professional, fun and there work was amazing. He has A true talent that's for sure. Very happy with the decision we made with choosing our photographer. Highly recommend!

Jessica · Married on 10/01/2016

Michael is amazing. We were so excited when we first met him and his wife Erin. They were so helpful when I said I wanted to do our engagement pictures outside with a rustic feel. Michael immediately knew the perfect place, a beautiful piece of land on the outskirts of town. It also happened to be the place where Michael and Erin got married a few years earlier. They were such a pleasure to work with from the beginning to the end. He really creates magical and beautiful photos of every picture he takes. I can't give him enough stars because he really is amazing. All of our photos are our favorite and we can't wait to showcase them off to our family and friends! Thanks again Michael and Erin

Perri · Married on 09/10/2016

He is the absolute best! He went above and beyond to make our day special. He is so talented and a great person in general. I would hire him for anything and everything. He is the best photographer I could have ever found! So glad i found him.

• O

Olivia · Married on 08/27/2016

Michael Escobar photography is top notch and he's a true artist. I was expecting about 500 pictures and he far exceeded the number of pictures that were sent to us (about double that with all black and whites). As an additional value add-on, he also created a slideshow with accompanying music. We thought we were going to regret not having a videographer, but the slideshow covered the whole day like it was a video of our day! He listened very well to what I wanted and the pictures requested. He also made sure to check on me throughout the whole day, asking if I was ok, if I needed anything. I was super impressed and extremely happy with the results. He's a true artist and did a great job giving us a diverse portfolio of photos with different angles.

Jolene · Married on 07/12/2016

I cannot say enough good things about Michael Escobar. He took family pictures at the beach for us in July 2016. We had 16 people - 4 couples, 4 children, 2 babies, and one college age student. He was so patient getting pictures for everyone - each of the family had individual shots, lots of group shots, babies shots .... basically a ton of amazing pictures. I had a bad experience with my wedding photographer 4 years ago and Michael made up for that so many times over. I know I didn't use him for wedding pictures, but I wouldn't hesitate to recommend him to other brides. Thank you so much Michael!

Alainna · Married on 06/05/2016

Michael is an amazing photographer! His creativity and vision really shows through his work. 10 out of 10 exactly what I had imagined my wedding photo's would look like one day. Not only are the photo's gorgeous but Michael and his wife Erin are the dream team. They work together so beautifully and understood exactly what I wanted. Love them and am more than impressed by Michael's hard work and talent!

Caitlin · Married on 05/29/2016

I could not even begin to describe how happy I am to have chosen Michael as our wedding photographer. Michael was exceptional from the beginning- he took the time to nail down every single detail weeks before our event and was nothing short of well prepared. He did not disappoint. He was on time, professional, and a pleasure to be around. I am not exactly the most confident person in the world and Michael made me feel so comfortable in front of the camera and truly made me feel beautiful. His shots are creative and well thought out. He does not take away from your wedding either, he strategically plans when to take posed photos and captures candid photos without people even knowing he's around! He even sent me previews of our wedding photos at 4 in the morning THAT NIGHT! Not only is he an outstanding photographer, he is a GREAT person. Did I mention him and his (EQUALLY FABULOUS) assistant even carried my shoes when my feet were killing me, and helped me put them back on? I thoroughly enjoyed working with them, and every moment we took photos was FUN! Thank you Michael for being the BEST- if you are looking for a wedding photographer, I promise you, THIS IS YOUR GUY.

Jorge · Married on 04/23/2016

Michael Escobar is the total package! His personality, passion, and the excitement he brings is what made my then fiancé, now wife, and me choose him. Then we saw his portfolio, and we were blown away! What he sees from his lens, no one else does. He's a unique talent! He's our photographer for life!

Michael Escobar is amazing! Although we set up multiple meetings with area photographers, we immediately knew that Escobar was the one for us as soon as we met him. He made us feel super comfortable, even though it can be a bit awkward having pictures taken of you! And not only do we absolutely love him, our families do too! I can say with confidence that we have found the one to document all major life events from now on, and I can't wait to see how all the photos turn out!

Crystal · Married on 11/07/2015

To get an idea of how awesome Michael is, my husband asked if Michael would like to grab a drink with him, the next time he's in the Wilmington area. I honestly don't know how to describe Michael to give him the credit his deserves. He genuinely cares about his clients and continuously made an effort to keep in contact with us from the time we booked him to the day of our wedding. He's very involved and responded almost immediately to our questions and concerns. Michael's personality made everything easier. He talked to us like we knew him for quite some time. There was no type of awkward moment what-so-ever. If you're camera shy like I was, you won't be when shooting with him. He made the atmosphere comfortable and always had my husband and I laughing. He was very open to all of our guests and made sure we informed them that they could grab him for pictures anytime they wanted. He took pictures of EVERYTHING, which I personally appreciated. There were the typical wedding photos, but once the reception started, he was on the dance floor shooting everything that went down. He provided sneak peaks of some of the images he took, and they were PHENOMENAL. We're so excited to see all of them! My husband and I can't thank Michael enough for his services. He definitely deserves to sit on a pedestal for the quality of his work.

Megan · Married on 10/11/2015

Can I take stars away from my other vendors and give them to Michael Escobar Photography? Choosing Michael to photograph our wedding was one of the best decisions we made during the wedding planning process. He was so helpful leading up to the wedding, assisting with the wedding day timeline (we had no idea what we were doing) and giving us tips to prepare for photos (no gum for the wedding party, etc). He made a genuine effort to get to know us ahead of time, which really helped our personalities and love for each other show in the photos. On the wedding day, he showed up early and already had so many ideas for pictures, even though he was just seeing the venue in person for the first time. He was literally running around all day, making sure he didn't miss a moment of our most special day. Everybody at the wedding loved him, and they can't wait to see his work. We've already seen a few sneak peeks, and couldn't be happier with the way the photos are turning out. A million stars for Michael Escobar Photography!

My friends and family are having wedding photographer envy, and they've been married for years!

Carrie · Married on 10/03/2015

My husband and I are so happy with Michael Escobar photography! We had our wedding in Ocean Isle Beach, NC and planned it from Ohio. We found Michael on the internet and absolutely loved his style. We met with him a couple months before the wedding. He was so friendly and so excited about shooting our wedding! That is something I loved. There was some very bad weather on the wedding day (hurricane Joaquin), and while we had the wedding on the beach as planned, we had to move the reception inside. He was the only one who didn't even mention the weather. The whole day he was there, he was super professional, super friendly, and made us feel so comfortable (my husband and I are both shy/quiet people). He was super excited the whole time, and showed us a couple of the shots. They were beautiful! His assistant Kevin was great too. They were there the whole time, taking pics. They took us out a few times during the night to get some different shots, but didn't take us away from the reception for too long. I can't say enough, he knows what he is doing, super professional. One more thing I want to mention, they had stuff packed at the end of the reception and we were saying goodbye, when my husband said he wanted one more pic (he wanted us to jump in the pool!). Michael read his mind (lol) and got all his stuff back out and got some more pics of us jumping in the pool! He was an amazing part of our amazing wedding day! I haven't gotten the pics back yet but I know they will be amazing. I will update this when we get them back. The price seems a little intimidating but definitely worth it!

Michael did an excellent job of making us feel special on our big day!! He is wonderful to work with and put me at ease with everything! All wedding guests commented that he went out of his way to get photos and seems to be everywhere during the wedding! He made it known that he would get whatever pictures we wanted/needed. He is very professional and personable. I would recommend him for any photography needs! (I even hope my brother uses him for his wedding!!)

Jessica · Married on 07/05/2015

Where do I begin? I found Michael's site & was immediately impressed by his creativity & quality of photos. I knew I wanted standard posing shots, but I needed someone with a fun and creative side to bring to my photos and my Disney theme as well. Also, people tend to freeze up when taking photos. I knew the guys needed direction & someone who was easy & enjoyable to work with & the girls & little ones would get more into posing if they were comfortable & having fun.
    OH MY GOODNESS did I find my knight in shining armor or what! I received so many compliments from members of the wedding party & GUESTS that came up to me & raved about Michael & his assistant David. I am still getting comments such as, "he was the hardest working photographer I have ever seen" & "he seemed like a barrel of fun & he really knew what he was doing” from family & friends. He made everyone feel so comfortable, adapted to each group, & kept everyone smiling. Trust me, this is KEY to having wonderful photos.
    Before the big day, he contacted me several times & welcomed the opportunity to discuss any shots I wanted. He created some amazing photos that spoke to my theme and Matthew & I as a couple. He stopped ask & me how I was doing. It may seem like a very small gesture, but it meant a lot to me. He did whatever he had to to get the shot just right. He is perfect for any bride (creative or clueless)!
    Matthew & I cannot say enough wonderful things about him. It was a real treat to have him photograph our wedding that was 11 years in the making. He was definitely an important and essential piece to the puzzle that made our wedding day perfect. He went above & beyond as a photographer. He not only captured the moments of our wedding that we will cherish forever, but also helped create some of the most memorable moments of our wedding day with his smile, jokes, quotes, ninja skills, & sounds that kept us entertained. He was truly a gem. Thank you so much! You were the bessssst!

Bryant · Married on 06/20/2015

Michael did an absolute amazing job! He made sure I got all of the pictures I requested. He worked really hard and I can't thank him enough! I would definitely recommend him to any bride!

Desirae · Married on 10/17/2014

Michael Escobar helped me with many photography needs surrounding my wedding and was always joyfully willing: engagement, wedding and even came to my rescue to photo my mothers wedding gown before I had it altered to wear myself when I lost her to heaven 2 months before my wedding day (that small gesture really told me I had picked a great person and photographer!). Michael takes stunning photos (candid and posed) and helps keep everyone calm and in good spirits. He captures beautiful moments throughout your day that can be cherished forever!

Sydney · Married on 09/05/2014

Four years ago my husband and I chose to elope to Topsail Island. I combed the internet for photographers in the Wilmington area. I viewed countless portfolios and contacted more photographers than even I can believe. I mean, with ZERO family or friends at our ceremony, these pictures and our marriage are the only things we planned on leaving the beach with that day. This was super important stuff!!! Michael's work just spoke to me, the moments he captured were just plain amazing, I HAD TO HIRE HIM!

Michael and his beautiful wife, Erin, showed up on the morning of my wedding to me shoving my face full of cookies. They immediately hugged me and laughed saying they'd never seen a bride eating so many snacks on her wedding day, let alone at 6am! Thank goodness they were there too, because as it turns out, if you get married alone there's nobody to zip you into your wedding gown! They made the whole process seem effortless. This duo has a way of making you feel so at ease and comfortable in front of the camera (my husband and I are both a little socially awkward). The day came and went and so began the waiting to get my images.

Little did I know, Michael worked overtime in order to return my slideshow in just SEVEN DAYS for our wedding reception back home! I can't even describe how special it was to share these moments with all of our friends and family. This is something I will forever be grateful for. Plus, the pictures were breathtaking, absolutely breathtaking. There's no other way to describe them. I hit the lottery when I hired Michael!

Since then, we've even returned to North Carolina for an anniversary shoot, and TWO family picture shoots (most recently last week). I'm not even sure what a Topsail trip would be like without a visit with the Escobars anymore.

I had seen Michael's photography in the past and already knew I wanted him to photo our wedding. After meeting him in person, I was even more convinced that he was perfect for the job! He was incredibly attentive to our needs, open to ideas but also very helpful, and so easy to work with as we planned for our wedding day.
    The day of, he made it so easy to be in front of the camera, giving us gentle guidance and encouragement, and was so much fun to be around. Our wedding party commented that he was extremely professional and a pleasure to be around on such a hectic day. We could not believe how well the photos came out. His creativity and unique style captured our day in a way that looked so dreamy (which was how the day felt!) and he took so many photos that we did not miss a moment!
    We can't thank him enough and could go on and on about his talent and professionalism! What a find!